Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Agro

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasnt princess peach decent?

On topic: Im getting serious adventure vibes from this. Runescape dayz. Gonna be fun to just...explore the world. Survive off the land

X3 Im glad the item pickup popus only come up the first time

It didn't look like there was any sort of weight stat to the weapons Link picks up, only attack value. We've got hunger and body temperature mechanics which are pretty cool, but weight always bothered me in video games, I like things like Dark Souls where you just amass these huge inventories of gear.

Aside from the trailer the only stuff of the demo I've watched is

that GameXplain put up, they do a fair amount of stuff in it. Though from what I understand a lot has been taken out due to it being a demo, and apparently the area in the E3 demo only accounts for about 1% of the whole game world. So I'm expecting Xenoblade Chronicles X levels of exploration.

I'm wondering where exactly in the timeline this is. Some things seem to hint that it's far into the future of the Adult Timeline, where the Great Sea has receded and the game takes place in the ruins of the original Hyrule. For example the game has Koroks, and one item, rock salt, describes it as being crystallized salt from an ancient sea. Though the Master Sword is not stuck in Ganondorf's head like at the end of Wind Waker, the trailer shows it back in a pedestal.

Oh yeah, I'd heard about that.

rT2L69Q.png?1

There is a resemblance. Though he could just be this game's equivalent of the Old Man from the first Zelda game, considering this game has other similarities to it such as an empty world with no towns and only the occasional NPC.

Small detail I just noticed, Link is Right handed again like in the Wii an Wii U games. Very minor detail, I just enjoyed Link being left handed and am sad he isn't anymore.

Likely because the Wiimote/Nunchuck/etc are, by default, made to be right-handed; they are just being consistent with there own stuff.

You'd use the gamepad, obviously, but the same sort of principal exists; You'd move Link/etc with the right joystick and do other stuff with the left one.

Likely because the Wiimote/Nunchuck/etc are, by default, made to be right-handed; they are just being consistent with there own stuff.

You'd use the gamepad, obviously, but the same sort of principal exists; You'd move Link/etc with the right joystick and do other stuff with the left one.

I get why Twilight and Skyward had right handed Link, but this game shouldn't be(?) using any motion controls and that is the only reason to make him right handed.

as well as his argument as to why Link is right handed in this game (you input attack controls from the right side of the controller so it feels more natural), I don't think Aonuma is really trying to make a valid argument, he's just trying to avoid saying something so blunt like, "We're doing it this way because we want to, it doesn't really matter. Shut up, you annoying fans."

There is a resemblance. Though he could just be this game's equivalent of the Old Man from the first Zelda game, considering this game has other similarities to it such as an empty world with no towns and only the occasional NPC.

Even cooler was the theory I had that it's actually

ganondorf-big2.png

Except super old and his power overwhelmed him and broke free of his body, leaving him outcast in the world he conquered and his power took residence in the castle.

It'd be a twist of a twist. Could be cool.

I am disappointed in myself for missing that you said that. And yea, that argument is just terrible.

Its a SUPER minor and silly thing sure, but I always enjoyed that little detail.

(I may or may not be left handed)

Aonuma has had really bad reasons for things in this game between making Link right handed and his explanation for no fem!Link or playable Zelda.

If it is somehow Old Manondorf, that would give reason to why the Master Sword isn't in his stone head anymore. But I prefer him as the bad guy (granted we haven't seem him outside that role), he's my favorite video game baddie.

It would certainly give him a reason for always having a hood over his head. He's been a bad guy for so long. Seeing him as a good guy whose power destroyed him seems like a cool twist to do at least once.

So someone mentioned that they'd be selling the Wolf Link amiibo on its own somewhere down the line, and I was wondering how that'd work for its functionality in this game without beating the Cave of Shadows in TP HD, I finally got around to reading the description of the trailer that showed it off: "He has three hearts, unless players carry over save data from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD."

Just read an interesting take on the timeline argument that places it in the Fallen Hero timeline:

Shiekahs/Impa have only ever been important/visibly existing continuously in:

Skyward Sword

Ocarina of Time

Link Between Worlds

Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Note that every single game on this timeline either exists before the split in the timelines, or on the Fallen Hero timeline.

Considering that in Breath of the Wild, the Shiekah are an advanced but decimated civilization, it makes a lot of sense for them to be on the Fallen Hero timeline instead of the Adult timeline, where they were considered basically extinct (though if they advanced this far before the flooding, that would be something else)

Archived