Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Agro

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested to find out how Link comes to get the Master Sword in this game, you can see he has it in the trailer.

EDIT: Some cool gameplay was shown off as well.

Holy sheet you can throw spear weapons, awesome. I forget if we already knew that, but it's still cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The story looks intense and awesome. The feelings I got from this new trailer compared to previous Zelda game stories are like how I felt about Sun & Moon's story versus previous Pokemon titles.

Also:

I'm just hoping there's a bundle with the Switch.

The story looks intense and awesome. The feelings I got from this new trailer compared to previous Zelda game stories are like how I felt about Sun & Moon's story versus previous Pokemon titles.

Also:

I'm just hoping there's a bundle with the Switch.

Yea, I'm getting that feeling too and I've never even been a big Zelda person. It really does feel like they are pulling out all the stops for this.

I said I wasn't really digging Zelda's design in the trailer, but I really like how she looks in her Amiibo. Will likely pick it up.

Nintendo does love bundles so a system bundle could happen. They want/need a good start so having that as a way to help sell seems smart.God speed to the people looking for the special addition.

They've showed off the same horse in a lot of the trailers, but it doesn't look like you'll necessarily meet a specific horse that's clearly Epona.

But you can name them whatever and that's cool. I wonder what dumb names people are going to come up with.

Skyward Sword is amazing, I'd definitely recommend beating it before this game takes up all your Zelda time.

I must say, I really like Zelda's design in this game. I like the apparent age of Link and Zelda being different (seems to be about between young OoT/WW and adult OoT/TP/SS). Her clothes are also really cool.

lfsg7gij3irnq7htp5wr.png

So we've got underpants Shulk in Smash4, think we'll get underpants Link in Smash5?

EDIT: Nintendo has confirmed that the Switch version will run at 900p 30fps on a tv (versus the Wii U 720p 30fps) which I'm kinda sad about since Nintendo has showed they can do 60fps with the Wii U, but I guess that's fine, I'm used to console games being 30fps and I'm not a huge stickler about that sort of thing as long as it's consistent at 30.

So I haven't been paying attention much, do we have a confirmed timeline for this yet? With Koroks being in this game it could be in the Adult Timeline but I don't actually know.

Aonuma has been very tight-lipped but we do have some semblance of a back-story to BotW due to the map you get in the Special or Master edition:

[spoiler=BotW Backstory Spoilers]

Hylians pass stories of a destined time long past where multiple races lived and worked together in harmony. The Sheikah Tribe's blue aura breathed through the land and this mutual prosperity continued until a cataclysmic disaster stuck. The Hero and the Princess attempted to seal the terror which became known as the Calamity Ganon. Divine beasts awoke from four directions and deployed a mechanical army which made the King and his people fearful. They fractured Ganon's power and sealed him, but the Sheikah were banished from the land ever since.[/quote

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo's DLC history has been pretty darn good so I'm sort of excited for this. I'm wondering exactly what New Hard Mode is, though, since the game already has difficulty options from what I understand. Is it a stupidly hard difficulty (we Dark Souls now?), maybe something like OoT's Master Quest? I'm assuming the Cave of Trials will be like the challenge dungeons from TP and WW. The rest seems par for the course, new side story and area to go through, cosmetics.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived