Release Date: August 6th, 2016

5 Cards per Pack

15 Packs per Box

Card Configuration: 45 Different Cards

3 Secret Rares

12 Super Rares

30 Commons

This time around three Decks based around the DARK Attribute will be released

One is the “Destiny HERO” theme used by Edo Phoenix (Aster Phoenix), while the other two themes are completely new to the game!

With the cards from the above mentioned themes included, you can basically build your Deck right out of the pack.

Of course new cards are included, it also reprints cards that were previously hard to obtain.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-booster-sp-destiny-soldiers/

Destiny HERO is one of my favourite archetypes, so I'm somewhat hyped, but still cautious because I don't know what Konami will do with them.  The other two DARK archetypes are anyone's guess.

I assume Predator Plants will be a thing here, as with the other to SP packs having support for Yugo and Yuto. Interested to see what they're like.

They will not be. They will likely be in the pack called Invasion of Venom, whereas this supports Destiny HERO + 2 new themes.

That said, friendly reminders:

In terms of main pack/side pack archetype cycles, the last DARK we got was Shaddolls. BA are TCG exclusive and Phantom Knights are Anime, so an original archetype that fits int oa story is to be expected.

In the same vein (excahnge PK for PSY-Frame, which are not relevant to a given lore), we have not had a LIGHT since Tellarknights.

We got the Dracoverlord/Dracoslayer Pendulums, but that was 2 cards each, and now a third for Slayers.

This is likely giving us a PSY-Frame/Super Quantum + a story relevant one.

I could go into more depth with story theory and sheet to support this, but I'll wait for a more appropriate topic.

It'd be nice to get a few new D-HERO Fusions (or, at least, an easier way to summon D-End Dragoon) as well as D-HERO Xyz, which would be pretty easy to make with all support they have (specially Over Destiny). I always considered D-HERO to be a wasted opportunity, a cool archetype whose latent potential wasn't fully exploited due to the limitations of its debut era.

Destiny HERO Prime - Despair Lord | LV4

Warrior / Effect

1200/1400

----

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by revealing 1 "Destiny HERO - Doom Lord" in your hand. If this card is Special Summoned: You can banish 1 card your opponent controls.

^

I really hope they do a theme similar to that above.

Could one of the two others be an anime deck or would they normally mention that? I'd really like to see Abyss Actors get released...

Was talking about this with Koko yesterday.

It says ORIGINAL decks. Not the phrasing they use for OCG/TCG Originals. Meaning it could be the introduction of Abyss Actors + more D-HERO + Original

Hum, I was kinda thinking that one of the archetypes would be what Alexis uses in Arc-V: Would get it out the way, at least. And GX did like using the whole "Darkness= Good (99.999% of time)" shtick.

I'm pretty sure Alexis plays an Ice-Themed Deck, like her manga counterpart, because we have a Xyz Monster which resolves around Ice Counters.

Archived