A.B.C. - Anime Battles Club

mr. waifu

Hello and welcome to A.B.C. - Anime Battles Club! Here, you can help me (and more if others join) to create cards that we would love to see in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime. But not only will we create cards - I will also make an Anime battle using those cards in a Deck against any character in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime (I do not know much Manga characters, but if you want me too I can look up some). Of course I will write it down, and not do an animation or something... But anyways, if you are interested, I will state the rules and other important features down bellow:

RULES:
I - Regular Yu-Gi-Oh! rules apply.
II - No DIVINE/Divine Beast or Creator God cards, also Fake Types and Summoning Mechanics are forbidden - Unless if you want the duel to take place after ARC-V, then we can say that a new Type or Summoning Mechanic has been added over the years. (Fake Attributes, however, are still banned)
III - No inappropriate references or images; No swearing (On cards; Anything in the regular chat is allowed, even though it wouldn't be preferred ).
IV - You can only put a max of 10 cards per dueling deck: Once a duel has been finished, you are free to add your next 10 cards.
V - It would be preferred that you do NOT use cards that are supposed to work with an Archetype, unless if it would work well with any other card. ( If you all want to do an Archetype and are willing to work together, than I will allow an Archetype deck)
VI - If anyone else wants to make their own Anime battles, than I will allow them to IF they follow these quick to learn rules:
1: Must be a realistic battle.
2: No one wants to read something like an English exam; Something exciting would be good.
3: Must be longer than 7 turns.
4: Must ask me first.
VII - No spamming.
VIII - I will only work with a 40 card deck; Any other card that is left over will (probably, if designed properly) go to the next duel.
IX - If you post a card and it is rejected, you are allowed to post another card in its place. (This still cooperates with the 10 card maximum)
X - You must keep all of the cards you want to post on a single post; Any card that is separated from the others will be ignored.
XI - You must also, above your cards, place which duel this card is supposed to be in or is currently being prepared for; Any post that does not have this will be ignored.

As I have stated above, I will also list other important features you will need to know:
I - As with YCM, you are allowed to post a total of 11 cards if you include a Ritual and its Ritual Spell, or a pair of Pendulums that are designed to work together. However you can only post 1 pair of Pendulums or the Ritual monsters and Spell per duel.
II - I think this is obvious, but it is not like we are gonna see Yugi playing with Pendulums anytime soon; When we are in the process of a duel, the monsters must be up to date with the current state of Duel Monsters at this point.
III - Regarding Geminis, I have found out on Yugipedia that Geminis have not been properly introduced in the Anime. So, if you are posting a Gemini, keep in mind that we will respect that state, and if we do in fact include a Gemini, it will probably die off soon.
IV - Toons will not be included in a deck that does not support Toons, unless if it works well anyways.
V - If one of your cards was rejected, don't worry. Don't be discouraged, because I will only reject OP or joke cards (Fake types and Summoning Mechanics if placed before ARC-V)
VI - If anyone wants to be part of my staff, than you can PM me for that. Anyone in the staff will receive 1 of these positions:
1: WRITER - Able to write the duels if asks. (Must be VIP [YCM VIP, not this VIP], Elite Member, or YCM Staff)
2: VIP - 15 card maximum (Must be an Elite member or YCM staff for this).
3: REVIEWER - Able to accept and reject cards. (Must be YCM Staff)
4: HEAD - This position is only available to me, unless if something changes. Basically all other 3 positions in 1.
VII - There is no maximum of Extra Deck monsters we can include. If there are still spaces left open for the Extra Deck, I will simply move on.

Current Members:

Spell Counter King - HEAD

If you have any more questions, you can tell me! I will not post any cards yet, for I have yet to know what kind of duel we are looking for...

Seems interesting, but I really believe that in order to gain more popularity, OC characters should be used as the primary duelists in my opinion. It's awkward for a character that everyone knows, such as Jaden/Judai, to use a card that seems way too unrelated from the HEROs, aside from Winged-Kuriboh, Super Polymerization, and Yubel. 

It just feels more refreshing to design a card(s) that's for an OC, after gone through proper evaluation. Also, only 3 cards might seem like a turnoff for being too small; I personally believe that an entire archetype at most is the limit (generally around 15 cards). It gives more content for writers to write about.

Second, YCM Staff isn't very specific. I don't know if CC Judge qualifies as one or not. Also, I don't remember the amount of stars to be a Elite Member. You should elaborate more in all these areas.

Also, keep this as the main thread for posting and judging cards, and the written Duels can be placed in RP.

Seems interesting, but I really believe that in order to gain more popularity, OC characters should be used as the primary duelists in my opinion. It's awkward for a character that everyone knows, such as Jaden/Judai, to use a card that seems way too unrelated from the HEROs, aside from Winged-Kuriboh, Super Polymerization, and Yubel. 

It just feels more refreshing to design a card(s) that's for an OC, after gone through proper evaluation. Also, only 3 cards might seem like a turnoff for being too small; I personally believe that an entire archetype at most is the limit (generally around 15 cards). It gives more content for writers to write about.

Second, YCM Staff isn't very specific. I don't know if CC Judge qualifies as one or not. Also, I don't remember the amount of stars to be a Elite Member. You should elaborate more in all these areas.

Also, keep this as the main thread for posting and judging cards, and the written Duels can be placed in RP.

First off, I never said that the main characters would be using these decks. I said that other, made up characters would be dueling against characters in the Anime. And yeah, it is too small so I'll add more cards. Staff, CC judge, or any other high ranking member is considered staff, or anyone who helps with this sites development or cause. But if you want me to add archetypes, I will need more people to help me.

So are you in or out?

First off, I never said that the main characters would be using these decks. I said that other, made up characters would be dueling against characters in the Anime. And yeah, it is too small so I'll add more cards. Staff, CC judge, or any other high ranking member is considered staff, or anyone who helps with this sites development or cause. But if you want me to add archetypes, I will need more people to help me.

So are you in or out?

Erm, going back to your original post's first paragraph.

"Hello and welcome to A.B.C. - Anime Battles Club! Here, you can help me (and more if others join) to create cards that we would love to see in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime. But not only will we create cards - I will also make an Anime battle using those cards in a Deck against any character in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime (I do not know much Manga characters, but if you want me too I can look up some). Of course I will write it down, and not do an animation or something... But anyways, if you are interested, I will state the rules and other important features down bellow"

I'd naturally assume canon since it says any character IN the Yu-Gi-Oh anime.

As for being in or out, I need some time to decide. I have to train for zones for badminton, and getting first or second at zones gets me to provincials. Also, AP exams and a few diplomas are just around the corner. =/

Archived