Field Spell Monsters - 7 Wonders Archetype!

Stitch98

Hi everybody!

I tried to be somehow original this time. I came up with an idea that, in my opinion, may be innovative for the actual metagame. The new mechanics introduced by these cards is that they are monsters that can be moved from the Monster Zone to the Field Card Zone anytime. The main aim of this archetype is to slow down the opponent's game (and yours until you draw the Continuous Spell). Rulings work similarly to Crystal Beast for when they are treated as Spell Cards.

The theme is based around the 7 wonders of the ancient world, each monster is named after one of them.

It looks kinda slow for the actual metagame, so I think I need some suggestions to quicken it. Thus, CnC is very appreciated :) (And i think I need also some OCG corrections :V)

The idea isn't totally mine, I was inspired by Seascape Archetype (the idea is actually genial). Here are the cards:

[spoiler=Monster Cards]5IuZHhT.jpg

Once per turn, during either player's turn: This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can either: Place this card in your Field Zone from your Monster Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon this card in your Monster Zone as a monster from your Field Zone during your Main Phase 2. While this card is in your Field Zone, it gains the following effect:

- Each player can only declare 1 attack per turn. While you control another "Wonderfield" card: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects

yk9ZMiL.jpg

When this card is Summoned, except by its own effect: You can add 1 "Wonderfield" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Wonderfield Ephesus". Once per turn, if a player would gain LP from the activation of a card effect: You can negate that effect and destroy that card, and, if you do, inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent's LP. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can either: Place this card in your Field Zone from your Monster Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon this card in your Monster Zone as a monster from your Field Zone during your Main Phase 2. While this card is in your Field Zone, it gains the following effect:

- Players cannot gain LP from the activation of card effects. While you control another "Wonderfield" card: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

HS2YWej.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Wonderfield" monster from your hand or Deck in face-up Defense Position, then, change this card to Defense Position. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a Trap Card is activated, while this card is in face-up Defense Position: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then, change this card to Attack Position. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can either: Place this card in your Field Zone from your Monster Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon this card in your Monster Zone as a monster from your Field Zone during your Main Phase 2. While this card is in your Field Zone, it gains the following effect:

- Each player can only activate the effect of 1 Trap Card per turn. While you control another "Wonderfield" card: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

MZ6QpMH.jpg

This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Wonderfield" monster. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a Spell Card is activated: You can return 1 card you control to its owner's hand; negate the activation and destroy that card. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can either: Place this card in your Field Zone from your Monster Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon this card in your Monster Zone as a monster from your Field Zone during your Main Phase 2. While this card is in your Field Zone, it gains the following effect:

- Each player can only activate 1 Spell Card effect per turn. While you control another "Wonderfield" card: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

vqpAWan.jpg

During your turn, if a "Wonderfield" monster is Special Summoned on your side of the field, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can negate the Summon and destroy that card(s). This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can either: Place this card in your Field Zone from your Monster Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon this card in your Monster Zone as a monster from your Field Zone during your Main Phase 2. While this card is in your Field Zone, it gains the following effect:

- Each player can only Special Summon 1 monster per turn. While you control another "Wonderfield" card: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

2BY4P3G.jpg

During the End Phase: You can banish all the cards sent to the Graveyard during this turn. You can only activate this effect once while this card is face-up on the field. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can either: Place this card in your Field Zone from your Monster Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon this card in your Monster Zone as a monster from your Field Zone during your Main Phase 2. While this card is in your Field Zone, it gains the following effect:

- Every card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead. While you control another "Wonderfield" card: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

HW9K2dZ.jpg

During either player's Standby Phase, you can activate this effect: This turn, the effects of cards that would add a card from a player's Deck to their hand or send a card from a player's Deck to their Graveyard is negated. You can only activate this effect once while this card is face-up on the field. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can either: Place this card in your Field Zone from your Monster Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon this card in your Monster Zone as a monster from your Field Zone during your Main Phase 2. While this card is in your Field Zone, it gains the following effect:

- Neither player can add cards to their hand except during their Draw Phase. Cards cannot be sent from the Deck to the Graveyard. While you control another "Wonderfield" card: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters]HEHExky.jpg

Spell Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Wonderfield" monsters. Cards in your Field Zone cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 "Wonderfield" card you control; destroy 1 card your opponent controls, and, if it was a monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Wonderfield" monster you control; it is treated as a Tuner until the end of this turn. You can only use 1 "Neo-Wonderfield Tinúm" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Monster Effect: 3 level 4 "Wonderfield" monsters

If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Wonderfield" monster in your hand or Graveyard; either place it in your Field Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon it. During your opponent's turn, while you control a "Wonderfield" card: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; monsters your opponent controls cannot declare an attack and their effects are negated until the end of this turn. While you control a "Wonderfield" card in your Field Zone, if you have no cards in one of your Pendulum Zone: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone (this is a Quick Effect).

NAthkwE.jpg

Spell Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Wonderfield" monsters. Once per turn, when a "Wonderfield" card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Wonderfield" monster of the same level from your Deck or Graveyard.

If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Wonderfield" monster in your hand or Graveyard; either place it in your Field Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon it. While you control a "Wonderfield" card in your Field Zone: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack your opponent directly this turn. While you control a "Wonderfield" card in your Field Zone, if you have no cards in one of your Pendulum Zone: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone (this is a Quick Effect).

[spoiler=Spell Cards]OSxKIIJ.jpg

When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Wonderfield" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. "Wonderfield" cards you control are unaffected by the effect of "Wonderfield" cards in your Field Zone. When a "Wonderfield" card is activated in your Field Zone: You can add 1 "Wonderfield" card from your Deck to your hand. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; negate the activation of a card effect that targets a "Wonderfield" card you control and destroy that card.

[spoiler=Trap Cards]LWpKCv7.jpg

Activate only when a "Wonderfield" card in your Field Zone is destroyed while you control no monsters: Special Summon as many "Wonderfield" monsters as possible from your Graveyard, then you can Synchro Summon or Xyz Summon from your Extra Deck using monsters you control as Synchro or Xyz Materials. During the End Phase of the turn you activated this card's effect: send 1 card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard for each monster you Special Summoned after this card's activation.

Hi, I like the cards, and the concept is really interesting. Just some notes I have.

• I would change Ephesus's from preventing the actual activation of cards that increase LP to just negating effects that increase LP. There's a few cards that just blantantly prevent the activation of cards with a certain effect.
  • I would change the wording on Olympia to: During either player's Standby Phase, you can activate this effect: This turn, the effects of cards that would add a card from a player's Deck to their hand or send a card from a player's Deck to their Graveyard is negated. You can only activate this effect once while this card is face-up on the field.
  • I don't understand Rhodes's effect. What do you mean that each player can only attack once per turn? Normally that is basicaly what each monster does, it can only attack once per turn. Or do you mean that each player can only attack with 1 monster per turn?
  • I would change the wording on Babylonia to: Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a Trap Card is activated, while this card is in (face-up?) Defense Position: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then, change this card to Attack Position.
  • I would change the wording on all the monsters to: Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can either: Place this card in your Field Card Zone from your Monster Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon this card in your Monster Zone as a monster from your Field Zone during your Main Phase 2. While this card is in your Field Card Zone, it gains the following effect:

And a few other things. I would put a once per turn restriction on the Field Spell effect on the monsters, or restrict them to only work during your turn, cause as they are now they can easily be abused with Golden Aura, where you activate a Wonderfield as a Field Spell, search, then activate another one, search, and so on. This could also let you trigger Detonation quite easy.
Also I would restrict Golden Aura to only let you activate 1 per turn, cause otherwise you could drop 2 or even 3 during the same turn and get 3 Wonderfield's instantly.
As for Detonation. I don't get why its activation is unnegatable? Also another thing you never see in the OCG or TCG. Plus as I mentioned earlier, this can easily be triggered by simply activating another Wonderfield on an already activated Wonderfield, so either restrict the Wonderfields or Detonation to specify how the Wonderfield was destroyed. And based on Detonation's effect I take it you're planning on adding Xyz support for this archetype?

Hope this helps improve these! I would really like to see more!

Hi, I like the cards, and the concept is really interesting. Just some notes I have.

• I would change Ephesus's from preventing the actual activation of cards that increase LP to just negating effects that increase LP. There's a few cards that just blantantly prevent the activation of cards with a certain effect.
  • I would change the wording on Olympia to: During either player's Standby Phase, you can activate this effect: This turn, the effects of cards that would add a card from a player's Deck to their hand or send a card from a player's Deck to their Graveyard is negated. You can only activate this effect once while this card is face-up on the field.
  • I don't understand Rhodes's effect. What do you mean that each player can only attack once per turn? Normally that is basicaly what each monster does, it can only attack once per turn. Or do you mean that each player can only attack with 1 monster per turn?
  • I would change the wording on Babylonia to: Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a Trap Card is activated, while this card is in (face-up?) Defense Position: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then, change this card to Attack Position.
  • I would change the wording on all the monsters to: Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can either: Place this card in your Field Card Zone from your Monster Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon this card in your Monster Zone as a monster from your Field Zone during your Main Phase 2. While this card is in your Field Card Zone, it gains the following effect:

And a few other things. I would put a once per turn restriction on the Field Spell effect on the monsters, or restrict them to only work during your turn, cause as they are now they can easily be abused with Golden Aura, where you activate a Wonderfield as a Field Spell, search, then activate another one, search, and so on. This could also let you trigger Detonation quite easy.
Also I would restrict Golden Aura to only let you activate 1 per turn, cause otherwise you could drop 2 or even 3 during the same turn and get 3 Wonderfield's instantly.
As for Detonation. I don't get why its activation is unnegatable? Also another thing you never see in the OCG or TCG. Plus as I mentioned earlier, this can easily be triggered by simply activating another Wonderfield on an already activated Wonderfield, so either restrict the Wonderfields or Detonation to specify how the Wonderfield was destroyed. And based on Detonation's effect I take it you're planning on adding Xyz support for this archetype?

Hope this helps improve these! I would really like to see more!

First of all, thanks so much for your answer ^^

Then, I think I will apply most of the corrections you suggested. 

Considering this: 

• I would change the wording on Olympia to: During either player's Standby Phase, you can activate this effect: This turn, the effects of cards that would add a card from a player's Deck to their hand or send a card from a player's Deck to their Graveyard is negated. You can only activate this effect once while this card is face-up on the field.

If I do what you suggested in the second point, wouldn't I turn Olympia's effect into an effect that prevents the activation of cards with a certain effect? Isn't it what you suggested not to do in the first point? 

Rhodes's effect means each player can only declare one attack per turn, it isn't worded very well, sorry ^^'

For what concerns Golden Aura's effect, I'd like to make it activate only when you activate one card that you haven't activated yet this turn in your Field Zone, how should I word it?

For how they are worded now I think it should be ok.

If I do what you suggested in the second point, wouldn't I turn Olympia's effect into an effect that prevents the activation of cards with a certain effect? Isn't it what you suggested not to do in the first point?

Only if the activation cost of a card would be to send a card from the Deck to the Graveyard. I can't think of any cards that do that at the top of my head but anyways, the thing is there's a lot of cards whose effects sends cards from the Deck to the Graveyard, such as mill effects. By wording Olympia as "Cards cannot be activated" you're completly locking down any potential for the opponent of using their cards, while if Olympia's effect merely negated the activation, such effects that involve sending a card from the Deck to the Graveyard would still be activatable, but the milling part of the effect would be negated.

It's like this, let's for example say that you control a card that negates effects that shuffle cards from the field into a player's Deck, and your opponent uses Ignister. The opponent can still use Ignister's effect, however, due to your card, the effect would be negated. But if the wording was it negated cards that shuffles cards from the field into the Deck, then the opponent wouldn't even be able to activate Ignister's effect.

Hope this clarifies things xP maybe it was a bad example, but do you get what I'm saying? Wording it as negating the activation of cards with a certain effect is too big of a restriction, rather than just negating specific effects from activating.

Other than that I like the updates you've made on the cards, but I'm still a bit hesitant about Golden Aura. I still feel like the effect is too abusable

I like the cards, they're an interesting concept (and done much better than another attempt that I've seen at doing something like this.)

The one comment I would have (and I feel like you might have done this and I just missed it). I feel like there should be some kind of card that makes it so that a Wonderfield monster in the Field Spell Zone's effect only effects the opponent. Maybe you already have something like that planned, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: I see now that that's what Golden Aura does. And I can agree with Krazy Krissy that Golden Aura does seem to be abusable. Also with Golden Aura stating that Wonderfield cards are not affected by other Wonderfields kind of removes splashability in the deck so unless the set gets more support later I'd see that as a bit of a flaw.

2 New Cards!

4LG5MLl.jpg

Spell Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Wonderfield" monsters. Cards in your Field Zone cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 "Wonderfield" card you control; destroy 1 card your opponent controls, and, if it was a monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Wonderfield" monster you control; it is treated as a Tuner until the end of this turn. You can only use 1 "Neo-Wonderfield Tinúm" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Wonderfield" monster in your hand or Graveyard; either place it in your Field Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon it. During your opponent's turn, while you control a "Wonderfield" card: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; monsters your opponent controls cannot declare an attack and their effects are negated until the end of this turn. While you control a "Wonderfield" card in your Field Zone, if you have no cards in one of your Pendulum Zone: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone (this is a Quick Effect).

Ysf7afp.jpg

Spell Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Wonderfield" monsters. Cards in your Field Zone cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, when a "Wonderfield" card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Wonderfield" monster of the same level from your Deck or Graveyard.

If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Wonderfield" monster in your hand or Graveyard; either place it in your Field Zone as a Field Spell Card OR Special Summon it. While you control a "Wonderfield" card in your Field Zone: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack your opponent directly this turn. While you control a "Wonderfield" card in your Field Zone, if you have no cards in one of your Pendulum Zone: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone. (This is a Quick Effect)

Spoiler: The current 7 Wonders will be represented by 7 Extra deck monsters: 2 Xyz (The ones above), 3 Synchros and 2 Fusions. Dunno if i should make them all Pendulums or not.

Only if the activation cost of a card would be to send a card from the Deck to the Graveyard. I can't think of any cards that do that at the top of my head but anyways, the thing is there's a lot of cards whose effects sends cards from the Deck to the Graveyard, such as mill effects. By wording Olympia as "Cards cannot be activated" you're completly locking down any potential for the opponent of using their cards, while if Olympia's effect merely negated the activation, such effects that involve sending a card from the Deck to the Graveyard would still be activatable, but the milling part of the effect would be negated.

It's like this, let's for example say that you control a card that negates effects that shuffle cards from the field into a player's Deck, and your opponent uses Ignister. The opponent can still use Ignister's effect, however, due to your card, the effect would be negated. But if the wording was it negated cards that shuffles cards from the field into the Deck, then the opponent wouldn't even be able to activate Ignister's effect.

Hope this clarifies things xP maybe it was a bad example, but do you get what I'm saying? Wording it as negating the activation of cards with a certain effect is too big of a restriction, rather than just negating specific effects from activating.

Other than that I like the updates you've made on the cards, but I'm still a bit hesitant about Golden Aura. I still feel like the effect is too abusable

I edited Ephesus's effect, it should be ok now. Can you suggest how could I make Golden Aura less abusable? Making it activate just once per turn seems too restrictive to me :/

I like the cards, they're an interesting concept (and done much better than another attempt that I've seen at doing something like this.)

The one comment I would have (and I feel like you might have done this and I just missed it). I feel like there should be some kind of card that makes it so that a Wonderfield monster in the Field Spell Zone's effect only effects the opponent. Maybe you already have something like that planned, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: I see now that that's what Golden Aura does. And I can agree with Krazy Krissy that Golden Aura does seem to be abusable. Also with Golden Aura stating that Wonderfield cards are not affected by other Wonderfields kind of removes splashability in the deck so unless the set gets more support later I'd see that as a bit of a flaw.

What do you mean with "splashability"? xD

Also, as you can see, Golden Aura's effect doesn't block the activation of any of the other cards effects, so what's the "flaw"? (maybe I should correct the effect to say "other Wonderfield cards" or it becomes an internal contradiction)

Still, it seems difficult to pull it more than once (or maybe twice) per turn. Consider you can only special summon 1 Wonderfield from your field zone per turn and you can only put 1 Wonderfield monster in your field zone per turn.

What do you mean with "splashability"? xD

Also, as you can see, Golden Aura's effect doesn't block the activation of any of the other cards effects, so what's the "flaw"? (maybe I should correct the effect to say "other Wonderfield cards" or it becomes an internal contradiction)

Still, it seems difficult to pull it more than once (or maybe twice) per turn. Consider you can only special summon 1 Wonderfield from your field zone per turn and you can only put 1 Wonderfield monster in your field zone per turn.

Splashability may not have been the right word but what i basically meant was that it kind of removes the option of running other monsters in a Wonderfield deck. Of course that may not be an issue if one only uses Wondefield monsters and nothing else. I actually had to take a second to remember why I said what I did, so maybe I didn't word it well enough.

Archived