Digimon: The Dark Continent [IC/Arc 1 Act 2: The First Digivolution]

The Warden

Even after taking such a strong blow to the head, Razomon was quick to wake up. Dazed as he was from the sudden impact, he was able to clear his head without much trouble. And what he saw kinda had a few different things going on in his head? Who are the two standing over Rio? Why is a human and a Penmon standing side by side? What do they want with them? What about the Kuwagamon that was after them?

As much as he hated it, some form of instinct to protect Rio kicked in as he jumped in between him and the human-Digimon pair. "Don't you come any closer. I don't know what you planned on doing with him, and I don't care. You're gonna have to go through me in that case."

As Rio was slowly coming to, he could barely hear the commotion going on in front of him. With his vision coming into focus, he realized that Razomon seemed to be protecting him. But from what? What happened while he was knocked out? "Razo...mon?"

Razomon noticed that Rio was more or less awake and helped him sit up. "Glad to know you're still kicking."

Rio held his head in pain, almost as if he was hit in the head with a steel chair. "Ugh....what happened?" He then noticed the human and what looked to be a small bird-like creature. They didn't look hostile. But appearances can be deceiving. "Did...they save us?"

"Good question." Razomon then looked at the two in front of them. "Did you save us? If you did, I appreciate it. But we'll be on our way." He then attempted to help Rio on his feet. Though, considering how small he was compared to the human, it wasn't easy. "Come on, let's get out of here before we're eaten alive."

"W-wait." Rio said nervously. "They could help us."

"Do you really want to risk that? We don't know who this human and Penmon are or what they want from us, if anything. Best if we just leave them be."

Rio looked at the two. He didn't see any hostility from the two right off the bat. But who's to say that won't happen later on? He then looked at Shiro with a genuine smile and gave a slight chuckle. "I'll take the risk."

Razomon sighed at this. He didn't like what Rio had in mind, but he must have his reasons. He then noticed something on the ground next to him. "I think you dropped something." It was the device from before. Though, when it dropped, the hinge had opened somehow. When Razomon picked it up, however, something surprising happened. Out of nowhere, a blinding flash of light came from the device. When it passed, he noticed the bottom screen was working and showed.......a data outline of Razomon? It was then it clicked in Razomon's mind as to what he was holding. "Well, that's just dandy. Looks like I'm your partner for real this time."

"Partner...?" asked Rio with confusion.

"Right. There's a lot you need to learn about this place." Suddenly, he began to feel fairly noticeable vibrations in the ground, it could either mean a Tyrannomon was stomping about, or the Kuwagamon was still on the hunt for them. Either were very likely. "Oh, come on..."

"What's wrong?"

Razomon looked at the two. "If you plan on joining us, we need to hide. Now." It was then that he pointed towards a tree far larger than what is considered the average size in this forest. The roots coming from underneath the ground were big enough to give them cover as necessary. He then directed Rio towards it and had him sit down.

Once everyone was hidden behind the roots, Razomon made something very clear in a loud whisper. "Whatever you do, don't make a sound until the coast is clear."

As expected, the Kuwagamon had sensed their presence, flying through trees and knocking them down without much effort. Though, upon hiding, trying to find them would be difficult. Forced to land on the ground and walk around the general vicinity, he had come across the giant tree. Trying to pick up on Razomon's scent, it realized it was being masked somehow, and couldn't figure out where it was.

After another 30 seconds or so of searching and finding nothing, the Kuwagamon roared in annoyance and flew elsewhere in an attempt to find other prey.

Razomon sighed and came out of hiding when it became quiet. "Okay, we should be safe now. Let's get out of here before it finds us again."

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The hell is a squirrel? Wait, you're a human? Bullshit! Don't lie to me!" Kudamon rounded on Tieljo from her perch atop Rui's knee, teeth bared. "Humans are a myth, you idiot, don't try to trick me! It won't help you at all!"

"But, Kudamon, we ARE humans-" Rui spoke up timidly, lowering the device she was holding to peek over it meekly.

"Shut up!" Kudamon interrupted, not looking back at the target of her shout. "Humans don't exist... You guys just happen to be particularly UGLY Digimon, that's all," she said dismissively, floating off of Rui's knee and hovering in the air before Cinder, a predatory grin on her face. 

"Yeah, 'huuuuuman,'" she said mockingly to Teiljo. "You've never fought a day in your life, have you? Let this little FanBeemon fight your battles for you." She suddenly pulsed with light across her whole body, beginning to suddenly say "Holy Shot-" 

She stopped in mid-sentence, the light running across her body dying out as she looked off into the woods, ears twitching. She looked to be ignoring the others for the moment, her attention taken by something else. Rui took the opportunity to stand from her spot under the tree, moving to stand by Teiljo.

"What ARE they?" she whispered under her breath to him. "Teiljo, I don't like these things... all they've done since I got here is yell at me." She dropped her head to lean against his side, moaning miserably, "I just want to go HOME."

"Hey, you, be quiet!" Kudamon chose that moment to yell. "I am TRYING to-" As Rui began to speak up to protest, a distant but very loud roar sounded from afar, Kudamon and Rui stiffening at it's sound. "Craaaaaap," Kudamon spat, turning and flying back towards the woods. "I'll take care of you idiots later, for now I-" it was that precise moment that a giant red beetle THING erupted from the woods, trees flying as it plowed through them, a stray limb smacking Kudamon and sending it flying back towards the group, landing in the sand in front of them as Rui screamed, falling to the sandy ground as she saw the horrifying Kuwagamon. 

Kudamon pulled herself up off the ground, floating an inch off it as she shook her head woozily. "Wow... he got here fast," she commented. She looked at the Kuwagamon, which was slowly advancing across the sand towards them, heavy footfalls muffled by the terrain as it growled dangerously, gaze locked on the group of four assembled there. "Hey ugly, take this!" She flew up into the sky, body glowing once again. "Holy Shot!" she yelled, the light flying from her form in the shape of a glowing shaft of radiance, the bolt lancing into Kuwagamon's shoulder. The beast bellowed, Rui covering her ears as Kudamon smirked. "Yeaaaah... Don't like that, do ya? Bring it on, you insectoid wimp!" 

"Kudamon, please stop," Rui asked mousily, crawling slowly backwards, water from the ocean lapping over her hand as the tide swept in. They had nowhere to run, she realized that now. They were on the beach, exposed. What were they going to DO?!

large.png46lz2EA.jpg?1

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

"C'mon Kosuke! Get the lead out!!" Delos called back behind him, looking over his shoulder to see Kosuke slowly keeping up with him. "It shouldn't be too much further!"

Kosuke couldn't believe himself getting entangled in something this crazy! He was following a little walking, talking, fire lion towards almost certain doom. His stomach turned quite a bit at this whole situation. But nevertheless, he followed Delos...not even sure why.

It felt like a long time as they rushed through the forest, but the roars and growls they heard earlier were only getting louder by this point. Kosuke could feel his heart pounding in his chest as they neared the sounds. I-I need to stop him...w-w-we're gonna get killed! he thought. However, Kosuke was entrapped in his own thoughts, that he didn't see where he was going. His foot ended up getting caught against a tree root, causing him to fall and tumble on past Delos.

"Well...that's one way to get around..." Delos blinked, watching his human partner's unorthodox way of traveling.

However...it only got worse from there....

Kosuke continued his tumble, until he finally came to a stop. A slight groan escaped his mouth, but when he glanced up above him, the color in his face and his body began to turn as white as a ghost. Before him stood what he thought was a Kaiju...when in actuality it was a Growlmon. But then again, he was scared...he didn't care. Kosuke scrambled to quickly get up, but struggled a bit, seeing the Growlmon closing in on him. Please don't kill me...PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!! he thought, bracing himself with his eyes shut tightly...

BGM

"PETITE PROMINENCE!!!"

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a flaming blur struck out at the unsuspecting Growlmon, knocking it back a bit. The blur of flames dissipated and Delos landed in front of Kosuke with a smirk. "A Growlmon? Yeesh..." he said, looking back at Kosuke. "Glad I stopped it, otherwise you'd be dino-chow!"

T-That's NOT reassuring!! Kosuke thought, pretty shaken up at this point, and literally shaking in fear.

"Either way..." Delos said, cracking his knuckles a bit. "Dunno who this guy was after, but might as well kick it's tail for 'em!"

2oQxfdW.jpg?1IUqPSE8.jpg?1

2peXbcv.png

The strange duo had woken up, and the two had a conversation amongst themselves after coming to.  

"Did you save us? If you did, I appreciate it. But we'll be on our way."

Shiro stuck out her chest with pride as Mango mimicked her with his puffy, feathery chest.  

"Why yes!  You have been saved by the magnificent Shiro and the pleasantly plump Mango!"  Mango cheered, as he hopped up and down.  "Now who might you two b-..."  The two seemed to be lost in their own conversation, and had not been paying him or Shiro any mind.

"Come on, let's get out of here before we're eaten alive."

"Eaten alive?!" Shiro cried out.  "Eaten alive by what?!  No way one of these...digimon would ever lay a finger on us!  I mean lookie," Shiro picked up Mango with one arm and jostled him playfully.  The two smiled at each other.  "These guys are harmless!"  

Mango could be seen scratching his cheek.  

"Well...listen here Shiro.  Not all digimon come in a cute and cuddly package...some of those guys are really vicious!"  Shiro turned to face Mango, her eyes became fear filled.  He had to say something!  "B-b-but don't worry!  I'm your partner now!  There's no way I'm going to let you get hurt!  No way, no how!"  Shiro nodded.

"Thanks Mango!"  

"If you plan on joining us, we need to hide. Now."  The strange dinosaur like digimon took the lead, and Shiro and Mango followed behind closely.  They took shelter behind some thick roots, and the digimon whispered loudly, "Whatever you do, don't make a sound until the coast is clear."  Shiro looked up to the sky, only to gasp.  Mango quickly covered her mouth from any noise being further emitted.  A giant scarlet beetle flew overhead.  It sure looked ferocious...and Shiro knew that by the looks of it, it wasn't going to be as friendly as Mango.  After it left the vicinity, Mango let go of Shiro's mouth.  She let out a big sigh of relief.  "Okay, we should be safe now. Let's get out of here before it finds us again."  Mango and Shiro nodded.  

Another roar came from further outside the forest...supposedly belonging to the same monster who had just flown by.  

"Do you think it found anyone else?  Maybe we should go check!" Shiro finally spoke up, her tone rigid and worry-filled.  

hzyvyM2.pngVO5cj50b.jpg?1

Teiljo immediately face-palmed when the Kudamon claimed humans to be a myth despite staring a couple of them down. However, his right eye had peered through his thumb and index finger, as he looked towards Cinder, who was still flexing in preparation for the fight with this cursed Digimon.

"...Cinder?" Teiljo asked his partner, "Do you Digimon really have your fair share of your kind with too low an intellect for one to possibly comprehend?"

"Um... apparently," Cinder shrugged his shoulders as he said. Then he noticed the Kudamon prepare for an attack, and then immediately stop said attack. Was this supposed to psyche Cinder out? Because if it was, the attempt had failed miserably since Cinder wasn't even paying any attention. Suddenly, a wild Kuwagamon appeared, busting out of the trees and making its way towards both Teiljo and Rui. The Kudamon was on it in an instant, but Cinder...

"Bleh, I can't be bothered," Cinder began walking away in a casual manner, as if nothing was happening right then and there. Naturally, Teiljo took this as his cue to move. While he didn't mind trying to fight the Kudamon if it came down to it, the Kuwagamon was a different story. He was brave, sure, but he wasn't stupid.

"Come on Rui, we need to get going," Teiljo grabbed Rui's arm as he ran, hoping the two would gain some distance whilst the giant beetle-like Digimon was distracted.

"OK, I don't know about us, but it's clear that Rui doesn't have the mental fortitude to stay here much longer," Teiljo told Cinder once they were safe, "I think our number one priority should be to get ourselves out of this dimension; preferably by tomorrow if that's at all possible."

"Good luck with that," Cinder stated bluntly, before deciding he'd best address Rui as well, "The both of you were sent here for a reason, as well as what must be more humans roaming around this dump of an island somewhere. And if you're here for what I think you're here for, then... let's face it, you're more likely to be stuck here in this world long term. I'm thinking... weeks? Months? Years? Decades? Centuries, perhaps?"

"Humans don't even live for centuries!" Teiljo retorted.

"...decades, then," Cinder waved his forearm in a manner that implied he didn't care, "Point is, it's unlikely as funk you'll be done with the Digital World in a mere day or two."

Teiljo had to take some time to let that sink in. Could he and Rui really survive in this world for what could very well be the rest of their lives? Even from a mental standpoint, let alone a physical one? Then his mind drifted to the text he received before his phone went haywire and transformed into this 3DS-like Digivice that he held in his hands. Save the world. Teiljo wondered if that was what the guy who sent that text was really trying to task Rui, himself and all the others with, trying to imaging any being of any sort trying to say such a thing with a straight face. Teiljo shuddered, but he snapped out of it and looked back at the Kudamon.

"Are you sure that we should leave that Kudamon there?" he asked Cinder, immediately seeing the look of reluctance in his eyes, "Come on Cinder, she's risking her life even as we speak! There must be some way we can ease her burden; you have no idea what a morale boost is capable of, just as an example."

"Ugh, fiiiiiiine," with a brief sigh, Cinder turned to face the Kudamon, calling out to her at the top of his lungs, "HEY, SQUIRREL!! DON'T LOSE!!"

Teiljo couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Cinder, which the FanBeemon had noted the moment he turned to his partner.

"What? It's pro advice," he said simply.

"Do you think it found anyone else?  Maybe we should go check!"

"Sorry, not gonna happen. I've lived long enough to know how to survive being on this island on the daily. I'm not gonna risk my own life to save anyone or anything."

"We can't just keep hiding." said Rio suddenly.

Razomon looked towards Rio with intrigue. "And what makes you say that?"

"Nothing lasts forever. These...Digimon will end up catching on to your tactics, and your life, and ours in conjunction, will be in even greater risk. If they're anything like the predators we have on earth, they'll adapt to catch their prey. If you don't change how you do things, we're all as good as dead."

This was a surprise to Razomon. Rio looked to be this nervous guy who didn't know exactly what to say or how to respond. There seemed to be more under the surface than he realized. "You sound different than you were earlier. I didn't expect you to understand that much."

Rio then chuckled nervously. "I'm...smarter than you think."

"I can tell. So, what do you think we should do?"

"There might be more of us on this island. For what it's worth, we can search around."

"And what if we come across another Digimon that wants to eat us? "

"Um.....well......."

"If we can't hide all the time, you must have something in mind that's better, right?"

Rio sighed, not sure what he should do. It was then that he looked at Shiro. The look on her face, as well as the tone of her voice when she suggested to check and see if anyone else was found by the Kuwagamon hit him hard. But, with that in mind, he knew what to say. "We should check if anyone else was found."

"Not you too? You two must have a death wish or something."

"What's stopping you from having to fight that...thing?"

"First of all, that 'thing' is called a Kuwagamon. Second, fighting it is a death wish like I just said."

"If you'll do anything to survive, wouldn't you take that risk?"

Razomon was speechless by that question. Rio was right. He couldn't hide forever. Eventually, he'd be found out by the predators he was trying to figure out. If it meant his survival, hiding or running away aren't the only options. Sometimes, you have to fight to ensure you survive. But he's been one to hide from everything for so long that fighting seems out of the picture. So, Razomon offered a middle ground offer. "We'll go check if anyone else is found by that Kuwagamon. Fighting is a last resort if we can't run. How about that?"

"That works." Rio then looked directly at Shiro with determination in his eyes. "Let's go."

The meeting of Kiero and CP was cut short by a horrific roar echoing through the forest, and it cut the Cutemon to the bone. "That's Kuawagamon's roar~kyu" CP said aloud.

"Kuwaga... mon?" Kiero repeated. Okay, mental note: All digimon end in mon, no exceptions it would appear. Next line of question: What IS a Kuwagamon. "What's a Kuwagamon?"

"A big BIG bug digimon~kyu. He's the guardian of the forest, but if he's angry, he might be attacking the other humans~kyu" CP explained nervously.

"Other humans?!"

"Yeah~kyu. You humans usually appear in groups, usually about four to eight at least~kyu. But if they're alone, Kuwagamon could kill them~kyu!" CP explained and then just ran off.

"HEY WAIT!" Kiero cried, racing after his partner.

Wait, his partner? Well, the device says so, and if CP is his only chance for survival (mental note: How will a cream puff protect him?), then he should make damn sure to not let CP die instead. While he wasn't typically built for running, especially not in forests, there was thankfully a trail of destruction to follow. It was pure insanity to follow it, but then, everything about this situation was insane, so if you can't beat them, join them. Speaking of joining, Kiero found CP hiding behind a tree, watching an enormous red bug tear through the forest with something moving around it. The Cutemon wasn't focused on the ferret, but rather the big bug. "This isn't right~kyu" CP mumbled.

"What isn't?" Kiero whispered, kneeling by his partner.

"Kuwagamon is a kind digimon usually, but something is making him act crazy~kyu" CP replied while trying to pay attention to the fight. Watching the bug move about, trying to deal with the pest, CP noticed something alarming. Lodged in the back of the insectoid Digimon's neck was a black arrow, with dark purple veins pulsating in the digimon's flesh exoskeleton. "There, in the back of its neck~kyu" CP whispered.

Following his partner's gaze, the human managed the impossible task of spotting the arrow lodged in the bug. "What is that?"

"An arrow, it's what's making Kuwagamon go crazy~kyu. We need to pull it out~kyu" CP explained.

"How?"

"Throw me at him~kyu" CP ordered.

"That's insane" Kiero pointed out.

"Okay then, Plan B" CP replied, rushing off into the battle, with Kiero begrudgingly following it. Bursting into the battle, CP did his best to catch Kudamon's attention. "There's an arrow in his neck~kyu! We need to get it out~kyu!" he explained urgently. "Please, I'll distract him, you get it~kyu!"

Steeling himself, CP got into position to unleash his assault. "Kyu-kyu-kyu-kyu-CUTEMON!" the Cutemon sang horribly, striking the bug digimon's side with the force of the sound waves.

Having attracted its ire, the insectoid tried a Scissor Claw attack, but CP managed to nimbly dodge it, hopefully giving Kudamon time to remove the arrow.

Rigor gripped the tree root he was hiding in. The monster seemed liked he knew they were there, and it was ready to dig up the tree just to get to them. Just when all hope seemed lost, he heard the cry of,

"PETITE PROMINENCE!!!" Something that was on fire rammed into the the dinosaur, knocking it back a bit. That was their chance! He began to climb out of the roots, doing his best to not draw attention to himself as he landed on the ground. With a grin, he got ready to---

"You got out of those roots quickly," the black dinosaur that saved him piped up. "Come on, let's take this bastard out!" Rigor couldn't believe his ears. He wanted to fight the giant demon dinosaur? Even with... Whatever the heck the 'Petite Prominence' was... At their side, it was a demon dinosaur! It wasn't something that was going to just roll over and die!

"What?! Are you insane? This is the best time to get out of here!" Rigor exclaimed. The small lizard stared back like Rigor was the crazy one.

"You want to abandon this fight? I thought humans had more of a spine than this!" Don't you want to help your fellow human?!" The black dinosaur snapped. Rigor blinked and looked back at the demon dinosaur. Sure enough, there was a guy there, hiding behind a flaming lion. With a sigh, he looked back at Blackie.

"Let's go...," he rubbed his head as he ran at the human. Maybe he could move him away from the monster and let the bigger ones fight.

2peXbcv.png

"We'll go check if anyone else is found by that Kuwagamon. Fighting is a last resort if we can't run. How about that?"

"That works." His eyes met her own.  "Let's go."

Shiro's eye's lit up.  They were brave to go along with her.

"Right!" Shiro cheered.  As the four of them ran through the forest, it was easy to tell where the Kuwagamon had ripped and tore its own path through the forest, on the hunt for humans and digimon alike.  It almost made her tremble in fear...they were on the hunt for a monster after all.  Now Shiro realized why the other two weren't as reluctant.  They must've trailed a little farther behind, since it took them a while before they came into contact with the large red beetle.  They followed the destruction all the way until they made it to a sandy clearing...a beach perhaps?  Standing on the wrong end of the Kuwagamon were two other sets of digimon and human teams.  How many of them were on this dang island anyway?!

The other two were obviously already in a fight for their lives against the insect, and with two more of them the odds seemed to be stacking in their favor.  Shiro looked to Mango.  He nodded, knowing that together they would help the others.

"For you Shiro...even though I've only known you for a couple of hours...I'll do whatever it takes to protect you!"  

Shiro nodded and smiled.  This penguin...and her...they were truly partners.

"Try your best Mango!"  

Mango flapped his wings as he entered the fray on the Kuwagamon's flank.  He looked all over the bug for any sort of hampering in it's exoskeleton, and there seemed to be one where an arrow presumably resided. 

"That's strange...you'd think he would've taken that arrow out of his skin by now!  Maybe I can help with that!"  With a grin, a frosty sensation could be felt in his beak.  "Aurora Icicle!"  He opened his maw to let loose a single icicle spear that shined with an array of hues.  It was aimed, and headed straight at, the arrow.  

Meanwhile, Shiro made her way over to the other humans and motioned for the other boy to follow.  

large.png46lz2EA.jpg?1

Kosuke just sat there, watching Delos basically fired up to be against this dinosaur. Well, at least one of them was enjoying themselves...cause Kosuke was just freaking the hell out. He just shook his head a few times, wanting this all to be a bad dream. Closing his eyes, he counted to three and then shot them open...unfortunately his predicament was the same...

"Kosuke...might want to take a few steps back." Delos said, giving him a thumbs up. Apparently this was to reassure him...however, it really didn't.

Finally Kosuke moved slightly, only to catch the sight of another human and apparently another dinosaur...this one being smaller, around the same size as Delos. He watched the human hold an outstretched hand towards him. Kosuke was hesitant at first, but given his current situation...he had no other choice. His hand met the strangers and he was pulled back. "T-Thank you..." he spoke out, just looking at Delos.

"Heh...well we find this big guy AND another human!" Delos chuckled, cracking his knuckles again, glancing over at the dinosaur he would recognize as a Black Agumon. "If your helping...just follow my lead..." he smirked, before leaping up towards the Growlmon. "CORONA-KNUCKLE!!!" he shouted, before unleashing a flurry of heated punches at the Growlmon's chest.

However the Kudomon reacted, Teiljo shook his head, wondering why Cinder even bothered saying anything. They looked at each other awkwardly, and continued to do so until, as he looked away again, Teiljo had spotted yet another familiar face coming his way. Not surprisingly, it was another girl, but this one seemed to be missing in the arm department. She was followed by what looked to be a penguin with purple feathers, as well as another boy and his Digimon.

"Shiro?! Is that you?!" Teiljo called out into the distance. Before he could get any hope for an answer, though...

"How many of these girls do you actually know, Tiel?" Cinder whispered in question

"How many more could there possibly be?" Teiljo asked in return.

"I, um... sheet, really should've kept track," by this time, Shiro and the boy would've made the ground necessary to reach Teiljo and Rui's location. Silence between Teiljo and Cinder ensued, and was maintained for a few seconds before the latter began to leave.

"Welp, guess I better go see what all this fuss is about," he said before he got moving.

hzyvyM2.png
Watching his partner Digimon leave, Teiljo sighed before turning to looking at the state Rui was in one more time, and then again to Shiro's and the other boy's direction. His first order of business, he supposed, was to introduce himself to the boy, before proceeding to enlighten them on the situation at hand.

"Greetings. I am Matsubara Teiljo, and this here is Rui," Teiljo made a polite gesture towards Rui before continuing, turning more towards Shiro as he did, "Speaking of Rui, she's... not doing well. She was attacked by a Kudamon and, while I've yet to take a closer look, you can tell that the top of her scalp had been scratched pretty badly. Of course, if we had any medical supplies I'd have treated it by now. But then suddenly that garrish thing appeared."

Teiljo paused only to point at the Kuwagamon, before continuing.

"If I'm honest, Rui's been a wreck ever since I found her," he shook his head as he said this, "She feels as though she needs to go home, and I really wanna bring her there but... Cinder seems to think we're looking at spending the rest of our lives here. At this point, I'm willing to do anything that would get us out and back to the realm in which we belong. Even if it's... whatever it is this bastard that sent us here wants us to do."

VO5cj50b.jpg?1

"Right, so... find the weak spot, kill it dead," Cinder said to himself as he walked towards the chaos at hand. He wasn't looking forward to having to combat the Kuwagamon, but perhaps if he could approach it casually enough, the Champion Level Digimon would at least prioritize on the other attacking Digimon. So, while the other Digimon were aiming their attacks somewhat randomly... in his eyes anyway, Cinder took flight, being careful to stay out of the Kuwagamon's line of sight until he landed on its back. No doubt the giant bug would eventually notice this smaller bug on its back, but until that time Cinder trod lightly.

It was then that he noted the arrow sticking out from the base of the Kuwagamon's neck. At closer inspection, the arrow appeared to have penetrated half-way through the Digimon's exoskeleton and into its flesh; even if this was an ordinary arrow Cinder was looking at, it might why the Kuwagamon was going absolutely berserk, with what the pain the pain it must have been suffering this whole time. But seeing how deep the arrow was only encouraged Cinder to scratch his head in confusion.

'There must be a way I'm supposed to get this out without breaking the shaft or something dumb, surely,' Cinder furrowed his brow, not wanting to make a move just yet.

Razomon was feeling impatient. He wasn't sure how long it would be before the Kuwagamon would try to turn its attention towards him and Rio. He liked introductions as much as the next Digimon, but now was not the time for that. "Razomon. Look......Teiljo, was it? We can talk about all that after we deal with the Kuwagamon. Once he's dealt with, we'll have plenty of time to chat."

"Sorry about that. He's.........not used to being around others." said Rio suddenly. Razomon scoffed at this, his mind focused on something more important. "I'm Rio Magaki, by the way."

He finally noticed the black arrow implanted in the back of the Kuwagamon's neck. He wasn't sure what to make of it, but he figured that the arrow is what's causing it to go berserk. So, chances are that the Kuwagamon wasn't hostile originally. But he wouldn't know until he got it out. "And I thought gears were bad enough."

"What's wrong?"

"That Kuwagamon might actually be under someone's control. Look." Razomon then showed Rio and Teiljo the black arrow sticking out of the Kuwagamon's neck. "I don't know if we'll be able to get it out through brute force, especially since it's still up and about."

"Let's just see what happens. If we have to....."

"Yeah, I know. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that."

Rio then turned his attention back to Teiljo. "We'll help however we can. What do you need us to do?"

"Holy Shot!"

Another burst of radiance glanced off the Kuwagamon's exoskeleton, the Digimon turning from it's occupation with CP to roar in anger at the snarling Kudamon. Kudamon rounded and fired another shot... aimed at CP. It would fly several feet above the little Digimon's head, clearly a warning shot. 

"Back off, pinky!" she shouted, teeth bared. "This one's MINE," she said with glee as she turned back to Kuwagamon. "Holy Shot!" Kudamon opted to ignore the arrow; She hadn't payed it any mind, barely even registering it was there. There was no need to remove it, she thought; removing it would only make it HARDER to take down the opponent. Her attack splashed across the Kuwagamon's head. It gave out another bellowing roar, jumping to take flight again and charge through the air at Kudamon, who was all too willing to succumb to the chase. She flew through the air, howling in enjoyment as Kuwagamon wheeled after her.

All Kudamon was managing to do was get Kuwagamon even more riled up, the insectoid Digimon flying around the beach in rage trying to catch her as the Digimon hurled obscenities and ineffective bolts of light at the scarlet bug. Even Rui, in her terrified state, could see that.

"Shiro!" she yelled, relieved to see a girl she actually knew. She ran to the half-armed girl from the spot on the beach Tieljo had dragged her stupefied body to, grabbing onto her in relief. "You're here as well?" she asked, secretly a little glad. "I was just here all of a sudden... and then I was attacked by..." she looked out at the screeching Kudamon, brow furrowing with what looked like... worry.

"Tieljo," she said, trying to steady her voice. "I... I think I'll be alright," she said, reaching up to feel the scratches on her scalp, affirming they weren't serious. "I can... I can be okay, till Kudamon is... I'm worried about her, Shiro, Tieljo, what if she gets hurt?" she asked suddenly, turning to look up at her taller friends. The Kudamon may have attacked her on sight, but she didn't want her to-

Her train of thought was interrupted by a sudden yelp of pain from behind her. She whipped around to see Kudamon sailing through the air; not the controlled flight she had been managing before, but that of being HIT through the sky, Kuwagamon pulling back the fist that had done it and stomping repeatedly on the sand, letting loose the loudest roar yet.

"Kudamon!" Rui yelled, her small voice completely drowned out by the noise Kuwagamon was making. Kudamon landed in the ocean, head popping out to glare resentfully at Kuwagamon.

"Yooooou prick," she hollered, voice a little shaken. "You think you can just hit Kudamon into the ocean like that? You disrespectful wimp! Holy Shot!" She took flight again, but her flight path was notably shakier, her bombardment of attacks noticeably less potent. Rui bit her lip, looking towards Mango, Cinder, CP and Razomon. She couldn't do a thing to stop this Kuwagamon, maybe they could? Kudamon had told them to back off... hopefully they wouldn't.

"Please, you guys," she began, stepping forward timidly, holding up the device she had found in her hand on arrival. She opened it up to reveal the screen depicting Kudamon. "I... I know Kudamon may not be very nice, but-" She winced as Kudamon narrowly avoided Kuwagamon's pincers in the corner of her eye, raising her voice to be sure they could hear her- "But, please... I don't want to see anyone get hurt, if you could..." she trailed off, embarrassed by her little speech. She probably sounded like a fool to these "Digimon," who seemed so much braver and more warrior-like than she could ever be. They probably thought she sounded ridiculous.

2peXbcv.png

Mango's Aurora Icicle had barely made it's mark, if the Kudamon that was also on the offense hadn't stumbled it with one of it's holy blasts.  

"Oh fiddlesticks!"  He said, snapping his winglike fingers together.  

"Don't worry Mango!  You'll hit him next time!"  Shiro now took the time to scope the battle scene, and figure out who she was fighting alongside with.  As far as digimon went, there was a white serpent, and an adorable looking rabbit.  Shiro's eyes fixated on the rabbit for quite a while...she was very prone to being distracted by cuteness.  Also in the mix was a fairly large bee.  She wondered who each of these digimon could belong to.  Now was time to focus on the other humans.  One she didn't recognize, and the other two were....

"Shiro?! Is that you?!"

"Shiro!"

"Rui....Teiljo....what in the world..."  

"What in the Digital World!?" Mango chuckled.  As he was turned away and unfocused on the battle, he was knocked away by an outwards facing pincer.  He stopped flying when he smacked back first into a palm tree.  "Tough crowd..." he said, planting his feet back onto the sand.  

Shiro was still in shock, she hadn't noticed her partner getting blown away by an attack.  But it was just so nice to see such familiar faces in this strange world.  

"What are you guys doing here!?  It's dangerous!"  Duh...of course it was.  She clonked her hand against her head.  She was such a ditz.  "You can't believe how happy I am to see you!"

"If I'm honest, Rui's been a wreck ever since I found her.  She feels as though she needs to go home, and I really wanna bring her there but... Cinder seems to think we're looking at spending the rest of our lives here. At this point, I'm willing to do anything that would get us out and back to the realm in which we belong. Even if it's... whatever it is this bastard that sent us here wants us to do."

"I was just here all of a sudden... and then I was attacked by..."

This poor girl had been taken from her home, against her will.  She was in shock.  Shiro didn't know what to do, so she just wrapped an arm around her.  She rocked back in forth trying to bring her demeanor back to a calm level.  

"I... I think I'll be alright.  I can... I can be okay, till Kudamon is... I'm worried about her, Shiro, Tieljo, what if she gets hurt?  Please, you guys, I... I know Kudamon may not be very nice, but-but, please... I don't want to see anyone get hurt, if you could...

Shiro nodded.

"We'll do our best...but you gotta help too.  Be brave...we can do anything if we're together."  It was a bold lie...they were facing something you'd only see in one of those weird anime.  But then again, they weren't directly fighting the monster themselves...they had partners!  "MANGO!  DO YOUR BEST!"  The sound of Shiro's voice resonated across the beach.  Mango had finally stopped shaking after the hit he took.  

"Well...I can't disappoint the lady, now can I?"  Mango reeled his head back, and then brought it forwards.  "Aurora Icicle!"  Another sharp glass spike shot out from his beak, and this time, it connected with the arrow in the Kuwagamon's back, shattering the base of the arrow in half.  "Uh...whoops?  Hopefully that'll do it!"  

• 2 weeks later...

CP didn't even react as the shot flew over his head, the little bunny a bit more stony than usual, his expression never changing as they chased Kudamon and Kuwagamon to the beach. Keeping a safe distance, they watched the battle unfold before them. CP's expression didn't change until Mango unleashed their ill-advised attack. The Cuemon could only facepalm as Mango's attack ended up only damaging the arrow, leaving a stump of a shaft poking out of the Kuwagamon's neck. "Kyuuuuu" CP groaned in dismay, his little hand rubbing his temples.

"That dumb penguin really screwed us over. How did he even think that just attacking the arrow would fix it?" Kiero grumbled under his breath.

"He made this harder, but now the arrow really needs to be yanked out if we want to save Kuwagamon~kyu. Looks like we're going to need Plan A~kyu" CP remarked, having clearly heard his partner loud and clear.

Kiero frowned, making a mental note of CP's excellent hearing as they tried to maintain distance from the berserk insectoid digimon. The damage done to the arrow had clearly aggravated him, and the bug was now snapping with its pincers, trying to hit anything and everything within range. Spying the sand, CP raced forward before leaping into the air. "KYU-KYU-KYU-KYU-CUTEMON!" he shrieked, the violent sound wave striking the sand, unleashed a curtain of grit into the enraged bug's face.

Kuwagamon hacked and coughed loudly, a large quantity of sand and dust having been inhaled by the beast. Taking the opportunity, CP climbed up the bug's doubled-over form, the rabbit keeping his grip all the way to Kuwagamon's neck. There wasn't much arrow left, but there was enough room for one of the Cutemon's paws. Gripping tightly,  he began to slowly yank the arrow out of the insectoid,  Healing Wave used in tandem to try and heal the wound as the corrupting arrow was slowly pulled out. The act alone sent Kuwagamon into a madder fit, the bug howling loudly in pain.

hzyvyM2.png
"We'll help however we can. What do you need us to do?" Teiljo was mulling over what could be done himself. Rui said that she'd be OK though, so that was something. But Teiljo supposed that he should probably focus on one thing at a time. If there ever was meant to be a way out of this digital wasteland, then he and the others would find that out in due time. But right now, Teiljo would have to settle for handling that cursed Kuwagamon

"Right, that should be enough Digimon out there in the open. We'll need at least one here in case that thing comes this way, and then..." Teiljo had been musing a strategy aloud, but then he noticed Cinder just... standing there, next to an arrow that was at the time still intact, "What the hell are you doing, Cinder?! Can't you just pull that thing out while... oh I don't know, you have this thing called a chance?!"

"A DigiTube tutorial would be ni- OH sheet!!" Cinder was in the middle of calling back, but something had apparently gone wrong, "Control Z! Control ZEEEE!!"

"Oh, for the love of..." Teiljo raised his arms up in disbelief as he said this, before turning to the little Razomon that was next to Rio, "If your type can bleed, it'll be all on Cinder's hands right now. I'm sorry I don't have a more competent partner."

VO5cj50b.jpg?1

Still having no idea how to go about the removal of the arrow, Cinder ended up taking various measurements instead, as if he thought he could readjust the thing to pierce a vital organ. Of course, he of all beings should've known that such a tactic wasn't going to work, least of all in anyone's favor. But his mind was still grasping at straws nonetheless. He wondered if he should break off the fletching so he could grasp the arrow itself with his mouth, before suddenly...

"What the hell are yodoing, Cinder?! Can't you just pull that thing out while... oh I don't know, you have this thing called a chance?!" no doubt this was Teiljo calling out, wondering what was up with him. If there was one thing Cinder disliked most, aside from being ordered around that was, it was looking like a complete noob.

"A DigiTube tutorial would be ni- OH sheet!!" in the middle of his call, a poorly aimed attack had broke the arrow in half, and forced Cinder off the Kuwagamon's back completely; although he hadn't realized the latter until he fell into a rapid descent, "Control Z! Control ZEEEE!!"

Cinder immediately buzzed his little wings out until he managed to stabilize, before breathing a sigh of relief and recovering from the shock of falling.

"Definite control Z," he said to himself, before looking down at the penguin-like Digimon down below, "Stupid birb."

With that, Cinder took off again, set on returning to his original position when he noted yet another Digimon, this one taking more of the form of a small rabbit. He watched as the Digimon began easing the arrow out and trying to heal the Kuwagamon out at the same time. In Cinder's mind, the party didn't have time to take things slow, as the humans could end up dying by the time it was out. But at least he could see how the removal of an arrow was meant to be done.

'Well that's all I needed to know,' he mused to himself, before flying over to the other Digimon, "Aight, move over. I got this."

Cinder put his mouth over the arrow and pulled with all his might. With any luck, the arrow would be out in no time at all.

"Don't tell me what to do," the Blackagumon snapped. However, he still followed the fire lion, leaping up and kicking the lion into the Growlmon, the force causing the giant dinosaur to topple over. With a grin, Blackagumon took in a deep breath and released a fireball into the Growlmon's eye. "Pepper Breath!"

Rigor watched the three monsters battle it out, slowly but surely dragging the smaller human he had in his grip away from the fight. What was all this? This was no longer just a nightmare, this was a never ending one.

"Do you know what's going on?" Rigor asked Kosuke. He really needed this cleared up.

• 2 weeks later...

2peXbcv.png

"Stupid birb."

"I heard that!'  Mango shouted, shaking his wing in a fit.  The other digimon were climbing up the Kuwagamon's bent over position, trying to desperately pull out the arrow that had been carelessly destroyed by himself.  He kicked some sand around, realizing that it was his fault.  As he looked down, he could hear the slow approach of light footsteps in the dry sand.  Mere moments later, he could see Shiro's shoes, slowly making an imprint in front of him.  He felt her hand on his head, and it danced gently across his feathers.  

"It's not your fault Mango...but I bet if you go help the others...they'll forgive you."  

Mango looked up, his face a mess with tears getting mixed into his feather fluff.

"Y-y-you really t-t-t-think so?!"  He sniffed, sniffling in between words.  Shiro nodded with a smile.  

"Go on you silly little guy!"

Mango nodded, and bolted off towards the Kuwagamon.  Like the others, but extremely sluggishly, he finally made his way up to where the others were trying to burrow the arrow out of the giant bug.  

"I got the tools to fix this mess!  Stand back!"  As the bee went in from the top, Mango went in from the side, clutching the shattered base of the arrow with the tip of his beak.  He pulled up as hard as he could, but the awkward position he was in wasn't helping any.  Surely with the strength of all three, they'd remove the dang arrow.  

large.png46lz2EA.jpg?1

"Don't tell me what to do. Pepper Breath!"

"Heh, well if I didn't have to tell ya...you would've already been on this huge jerk!" Delos laughed, watching the BlackAgumon shooting off a fireball at the Growlmon's eye, as he hopped back. "Hmmm...yeah." he said, before rubbing his chin, snapping his fingers. "You hit him high...I'll hit him low! Heh, this idea is one of the hottest ones I've had!" And with this, the Coronamon rushed towards the Growlmon's legs.

Meanwhile, Kosuke was still being helped out by Rigor...

"Do you know what's going on?"

Kosuke looked at Rigor, shaking his head slightly. "I-I really wish I did...b-but I'm just as confused a-a-as you are..." he said, rubbing his arm after he dusted himself off. All of this wasn't making any sense, even though Delos explained everything to him the best he could...

"CORONA-KNUCKLE!!!"

The young man's thought process was put to a halt as he heard Delos shout once more, as he began to unleash another flurry of fiery punches at the Growlmon's legs. "Bigger they are...the harder they fall...and the slower their reaction time is!!" he laughed as he punched the Growlmon's legs.

• 2 weeks later...

"Aight, move over. I got this."

"I got the tools to fix this mess!  Stand back!"

"Oh three~kyu. One~kyu. Two~kyu. Three~KYU!"

With the strength of all three rookies, the arrow began to slide out gradually, sending Kuwagamon into roars of pain. The enraged beetle snapped at everything in sight, desperate for the pain to end. It's solace came when the arrow broke free of its body, the unholy artefact evaporating into dust the second it left the bug's body. With nothing to hold onto, the three rookies fell from Kuwagamon's back, tumbling down his carapace onto the soft sand. "Oh, my head" the insectoid complained, two hands rubbing at his head in the hopes that his pounding headache would go away. When it stopped hurting enough to think, that's when he noticed Kudamon. "YOU!" he roared in fury, two arms pointed accusingly at the ferret digimon. "Do you have any idea how much trouble you put Growlmon and I through hunting you down? Wait... GROWLMON!" Kuwagamon realised. "He's still in the forest, with one of those arrows in him. This is bad, he's going to hurt someone" the enormous bug fretted as he stormed off the beach and to the mouth of the forest.

Stopping, he glanced over his shoulders at the small pile of rookies. "Thanks for helping me you three. And, if you feel like helping me further, capture that Kudamon and keep her down until I get back. She's wanted for aggravated assault against two Primary Villages, on top of a few other charges" he explained before storming off to find his friend.

• 3 weeks later...

2peXbcv.png

As Mango fell off the Kuwagamon's back, he flailed his wings frantically in a desperate attempt to slow his descent.  However, his head plunged head first into the sand.  It was soft, but it was insufferably annoying. 

"Mango!"  Shiro shouted before running over to pick her penguin pal out of the sandy tomb he had gotten himself wrapped in.  She hesitated as the big red bug stood upright, clinging it's head and swaying from side to side, as if he was groggy from a nap.  

"Oh, my head" The Kuwagamon rubbed its head, and finally noticed the beings standing around him.  When his...eyes?...met the slinky snake type digimon, it became agitated. "YOU!  Do you have any idea how much trouble you put Growlmon and I through hunting you down? Wait... GROWLMON!  He's still in the forest, with one of those arrows in him. This is bad, he's going to hurt someone.  Thanks for helping me you three. And, if you feel like helping me further, capture that Kudamon and keep her down until I get back. She's wanted for aggravated assault against two Primary Villages, on top of a few other charges" 

The Kuwagamon fled into the forest, no doubt in search for it's friend.  Shiro then resumed her attempt to pull Mango's struggling self out of the sand.  She lifted him up with her one arm, twisting and churning the sand to make it easier.  Mango appeared with a pop and fell on his bottom.  He shook some of the sand off his feathers.  Shiro helped by trying to dust him off.  

"PATOOIE!" Mango spat out some sand that had gotten into his beak.  "Dang sand...gets in every pixel..."

"I guess it's not so different from ours then!" Shiro said with a smile.  She turned back towards the group they had met, two of her friends were now out of harms way.  But she had questions for Rui and her partner now.  "Rui...is what that giant beetle said true...is your partner a...criminal?"  Her eyes were concerned.  She didn't want any of her friends being a part of this digital disaster, let alone let them be with a troublesome partner.  

• 2 weeks later...

"I-I really wish I did...b-but I'm just as confused a-a-as you are..." Rigor sighed as he shook his head. Well, that was no help.

"Shoulda figured. Don't feel bad 'bout it," Rigor stated as he placed his hand in his pocket. Wait... was he missing something? His pocket felt... a bit empty...

"Bigger they are...the harder they fall...and the slower their reaction time is!!" Blackagumon rolled his eyes as he looked at the Coronamon punching the Growlmon. What Digimon named themselves, let alone a stupid name like Delos? Well, unless his human named him... Blackagumon went to attack when he noticed something. There seemed to be an arrow stuck in the Growlmon's leg.

Without a word, the black dinosaur went and wrapped his claws around the arrow, pulling with all his strength. The Growlmon let of a screech of pain and began to thrash, nearly kicking off the smaller dinosaur.

"Hey, what are you...," Delos started, but noticed the arrows the fire lion leapt up and began to pull as well, causing the black dinosaur to glare.

"I don't need your help," he snapped.

"Now's not the time to be like that," Delos responded. Between the two bantering, the arrow managed to slip out, causing the two rookies to tumble off the giant dinosaur's leg. The red dino stopped thrashing and sat up slowly, rubbing his head.

"Argh... My head..," he looked around, the destruction he caused by rampaging sinking in. "Did I do this...? Those damn arrows... Wait... KUWAGAMON!" He looked around in a panic. "He's still in the forest, with one of those arrows in him. This is bad... he's going to hurt someone," he turned to run off, before looking at two rookies. "Thanks for the help. Sorry for the trouble I caused," With that, the Growlmon left.

Blackagumon shook his head and turned back to the two humans. "Hey, you," he stated to Rigor before walking to a bush, reaching in and pulling out some sort of blue and red device. "You dropped this when you climbed into the tree roots," the dinosaur walked over, holding it out so Rigor could grab it.

"... Thanks," Rigor reached and and took hold of it, a blinding light came from the device, causing the two to cover their eyes. When the light died down, Rigor looked back at the device. It had two screens... The bottom one showing an outline that... Looked like the monster in front of him. "Wh-what was that?" Blackagumon looked at the device and grimaced.

"... Well, I'll be damned...," he shook his head. "Seems the legends of humans and partner Digimon are true... And now I'm your partner...," Rigor shook his head. Digimon? Partners? What?

"This is super confusing...," he mumbled. "Let's start with a simple question. What's your name?"

"Don't have one," before Blackagumon could continue though, Rigor interrupted.

"That's no good... How about I call you... Xicor?" Rigor asked. It was the name of a doujin character that inspired him to start manga drawing, after all. Blackagumon, or rather, Xicor folded his arms.

"Call me whatever you want,"

[spoiler=OOC]I asked for permission to control Delos temporarily for this post, please don't go around random controlling other people's characters. 'Tis not nice

VO5cj50b.jpg?1
"FOR YGGDRASIL'S SAKE!!" Cinder cursed as once again he was thrown off-balance. Thankfully Teiljo was there to catch the FanBeemon in his arms, but the Digimon in question was quick to get back on his feet. The Kuwagamon that had been attacking the party moments ago was now complaining of a headache that it had, presumably of which was caused by the arrow that Cinder had just helped removed. As soon as it caught sight of Kudamon, though...

"YOU!! Do you have any idea how much trouble you put Growlmon and I through hunting you down? Wait..." Kuwagamon paused for a good duration, as if he were processing a million thoughts at once, before coming across an epiphany, "GROWLMON!! He's still in the forest, with one of those arrows in him. This is bad, he's going to hurt someone. Thanks for helping me you three. And, if you feel like helping me further, capture that Kudamon and..."

"Like hell I will!" Cinder protested immediately, but not for the reason one might expect, "I already helped you with a thing! I'm not doing anything else for you until you tell me what the hell humans are doing in this world and how get them the funk out! I'll even stop everyone else from helping you if I...! Hey! HEEEEY!!"

Cinder had waved his arms frantically in a desperate attempt to get the Kuwagamon's attention, but it was futile. The Kuwagamon had already flown into the forest in search of the Growlmon, leaving him to slam his hand into the sand below. Teiljo, on the other hand, was right there to stop Cinder from recklessly pursuing the Champion-level Digimon; it was too dangerous to go in there without back-up, and he was having none of it.

"What in all that is unholy were you thinking?!" he berated Cinder, "Can you not tell he's under duress?!"

"So what?!" Cinder snapped back, "We're supposed to let our answers just walk away from us?! Is that what we're doing?!"

"He doesn't even look the "almighty oracle" type!" Teiljo protested quickly.

"He knows more about this place than you do!" the FanBeemon exclaimed, "And the armless woman! And Riu or whatever Ms Scaredycat's name was again! Annnnnnnnnd probably those two other guys combined, now that I think about it. But that's beside the point!"

"Beside the point? What point?! I don't even...!" it was a few seconds after he seemed to take the time to stop and think about what he wanted to say that Teiljo finally threw his arms up into the air in defeat. This whole argument with Cinder was evidently putting unneeded stress onto the young man, and it wasn't as though the FanBeemon would make it any easier on him. In any case, this was stopping him from focusing on what was most important to him; finding a solution to get out of this whole mess. Silence ensued between Teiljo and Cinder for a few seconds, and the former was the first of the two to speak up again.

"We're looking at this all wrong," he said to no-one in particular, before turning to his partner, "You especially,"

"Pffft, whatever Teil," Cinder scoffed as he waved an armed in dismissal.

"I'm serious, Cinder," Teiljo stated, before turning to the other humans in his vicinity, "We need to start by pooling together what we've already discovered along the way, and then we can talk about a solution for getting out of here. That's assuming, of course, such a solution even exists..."

large.png46lz2EA.jpg?1

"Shoulda figured. Don't feel bad 'bout it."

Kosuke sighed some, hearing that this young man, Rigor, was pretty much in the same situation he was in: not sure how the hell or why they were even here. Still, even if it was someone he barely knew...Kosuke felt good knowing that there was another human here.

Meeeeeeanwhile!!!

"Hey, what are you...?" Delos started, but finally noticed the arrows. Now how did I miss that? the fire lion thought, before leaping up and began to pull as well, causing the black dinosaur to glare.

"I don't need your help!"

"Now's not the time to be like that," Delos responded. Between the two bantering, the arrow managed to slip out, causing the two rookies to tumble off the giant dinosaur's leg. "O-Ow....ow..."

Kosuke looked over, seeing both Delos and the little black dinosaur tumbling off Growlmon, and being surprised at seeing the demeanor changing from him.

"Argh... My head.. Did I do this...? Those damn arrows... Wait... KUWAGAMON! He's still in the forest, with one of those arrows in him. This is bad... he's going to hurt someone. Thanks for the help. Sorry for the trouble I caused!"

"Uhh...it's no problem!" Delos shouted back, waving at the Growlmon. "Oi! Kosuke! You alright?"

Kosuke, who was just staring at the Growlmon as he left, finally snapped out of his trance and looked over at the Coronamon. "Y-Yeah...I-I'm alright..." he said weakly, looking over at Rigor and the black dinosaur, who handed Rigor a very similar device. "Y-You have one too?" Kosuke asked nervously, pulling his device out to compare to Rigors. Sure enough...other than minor paint jobs, they were similar.

"Well, he's Digidestined too, Kosuke. You ain't the only one!" Delos laughed before walking past Kosuke and the other two. "C'mon! Let's follow Growlmon! Chances are we'll get ourselves at LEAST somewhere safer than here!"

Before Kosuke could even say anything, Delos was already heading off in the direction of Growlmon. He groaned loudly before following him. "D-Delos! Delos wait up!!"

"Kudamon are always troublemakers. It's in their nature. They only care about themselves. It would be a miracle to see one go against that nature." Before Razomon could continue, he ended up hearing the commotion coming from Cinder.

"Like hell I will!" Cinder protested immediately, but not for the reason one might expect, "I already helped you with a thing! I'm not doing anything else for you until you tell me what the hell humans are doing in this world and how get them the f*** out! I'll even stop everyone else from helping you if I...! Hey! HEEEEY!!"

Razomon sighed at this. "I think this is the first time I've ever seen a FanBeemon with such a temper." he said out loud before walking up to Cinder. "I'm honestly surprised you don't know why humans are here. I don't think it could be any more obvious.

"Face it. These humans aren't going away anytime soon. So I suggest you get over yourself, and fast." Resisting the urge to punch the FanBeemon square in his head, Razomon then walked away from Cinder, positioning himself where he could be seen by everyone. "Rio. Show everyone that thing you have."

"R-right..." said Rio nervously, as he took out the same device as before.

"I'm gonna assume the rest of you humans have something similar to what Rio is holding, right? If that's the case, I can only draw one conclusion from all of this." Razomon hesitates for a moment, not sure how to go about what he was going to say next.

"You're all the next DigiDestined."

Archived