Digimon: The Dark Continent [IC/Arc 1 Act 2: The First Digivolution]

The Warden

Rui turned her gaze to Kudamon, eyes wide. Though, she had to admit... Based on her interactions with her, it wasn't TOO surprising.

"Kudamon, did you really..." she began.

Kudamon had flopped over on the sand, steadfastly filing her claws and ignoring the Kuwagamon once he had started yelling at her, expression resolute in boredom. At Rui's question, though, she looked up, raising an eyebrow.

"Committ aggravated assault? Yeah. They were aggravating me and I assaulted them," she said matter-of-factly.

Rui felt her mouth open in shock. "KUDAMON!" she yelled, horrified.

"Oh, PUH-LEASE," Kudamon huffed. "They're just little brats with barely a megabyte between their ears to speak of, they'll be FINE." She sent a glare Razomon's way, ears twitching at his words about her being a troublemaker. "Unlike HIM. I'll be fine to make some trouble for YOU, fish-for-brains!"

"Kudamon, please," Rui whispered, crouching down on the sand in front of Kudamon. "Couldn't you be a bit... I dunno, nicer?" she asked hopefully. 

"And why should I?" she asked defiantly. "What did any of those wannabes ever do for me?"

Rui considered briefly, then said "Fought off a rampaging Kuwagamon that was attacking you?"

Kudamon stammered briefly, then angily retorted "I had him right where I wanted him, and you know it!"

Rui sighed, picking up the battered Digimon, who immediately began squirming and yelling at her to let go. "Kudamon, please," she protested, "You're hurt. Just... rest a bit."

"Oh, fine, you great maternal windbag" the Digimon grumbled. Rui gratefully adjusted her grip, walkign back towards the group, making sure to keep a good hold just in case Kudamon got the idea to run off. They got back just as Razomon was finishing his argument with the bee Digimon that had yelled so much at Rui. Rui kept her distance from Cinder. She was kind of afraid of him, for some reason more than the supposed criminal she was currently holding.

"Digidestined?" she asked Razomon, Kudamon guffawing derisively. "What are-"

"The Digidestined? You're an idiot, fish-for-brains," Kudamon scoffed. "The Digidestined are a MYTH. You think some bastards who aren't even DIGITAL are gonna magically pop in here and solve all our problems, just like that? Puh-LEEZE."

"Problems?" asked Rui, a little taken aback. "What problems?"

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hzyvyM2.pngVO5cj50b.jpg?1
Cinder was just fresh out of his argument with Tieljo when suddenly Razomon decided that he had beef with the lovable bug-like Digimon.

"I think this is the first time I've ever seen a FanBeemon with such a temper," Razomon said out loud before walking up to Cinder, "I'm honestly surprised you don't know why humans are here. I don't think it could be any more obvious. Face it. These humans aren't going away anytime soon. So I suggest you get over yourself, and fast."

Cinder was quick to attempt a counter, but he could actually say anything...

"I told you you were looking at this wrong," Tieljo muttered, just as the FanBeemon had an arm raised. Suddenly, Cinder himself pointing in accusation at his own partner.

"You said 'we!' There's a difference," he said in a tone riddled with salt, before turning back to Razomon, "And as for you, ya damn racist! I'll have you know that I already read the memo, and I'm allowed to obtain information on someone else's behalf. And furthermore, I'm not even the one that wants the humans gone! Some of them have their own lives to get back to, and the quicker they get back to them, the better they'll feel about it. So you face it, get over yourself, and shut up."

It turned out that Cinder wasn't the only one to have a word with Razomon. Sure enough, Kudamon piped up again, calling Razomon an idiot for mentioning anything about the DigiDestined, and once again brushing them off as nothing more than a myth, blind to the evidence around him. This was starting to get out of hand, and Tieljo wanted to break it up so they could move on to greener pastures. But Cinder held an arm out to stop him.

"They'll figure it out," he stated haphazardly, "...eventually,"

"'Eventually' is what I'm worried about," Tieljo said with obvious concern in his voice, "This whole thing's spiraling out of control as we speak."

"It's drama; it's supposed to spiral out of control," Cinder grimaced, adamant that it wasn't his problem.

Before Razomon could explain further about what Rui was asking, he couldn't help but say a few words towards the Kudamon. "I'm sorry, who's the idiot? Who's the fish-for-brains? I'm not the one who tried to fight something that would definitely outclass me and expect to come out on the winning end. You're apart of this now, whether you like it or not. So how about you stop with the big talk and know your place before I break that thick skull of yours!?"

"Enough, Razomon.....please." said Rio suddenly, his tone somewhat quieted due to all the tension. "Don't make this any worse."

Razomon scoffed at this, realizing that he probably went too far this time. "Fine. You're not worth my time, anyway." He then walked away from the Kudamon, turning his attention back to Rui. "To be honest, there's a lot I don't know. There's a lot I haven't paid much attention to until now. But I know one thing. If the DigiDestined were a myth, the Digital World would have been destroyed a long time ago. Whoever brought you all here knows that something needs to be done. With everything that's going on as of late, it's only a matter of time before things get worse. You were all brought here for a reason, whatever it is, and it needs to be seen to the end before you all can go home."

Rio thought about the last thing Razomon mentioned with a grain of salt. How long would it be before he would go home? Does he even want to go home? Or would he be better off living here from now on? He wasn't sure. Making such big decisions was weighing a lot on him. It was to the point where the pressure of the situation overwhelmed him. "Too much....can't...handle it..." It was then that Rio collapsed suddenly. This time, his camera fell out for everyone to see.

Razomon ran to him, wondering what happened. "Rio, are you alright!? What happened!? Rio!!" He was shaking Rio at this point, almost on the verge of tears. It was almost as if he had experienced this before. It was a definite shift in personality that nobody would have expected.

2oQxfdW.jpg?1IUqPSE8.jpg?1

2peXbcv.png

Mango and Shiro couldn't help but feel a thick tension in the air between the blue digimon and the snake like one...but it was pretty obvious by now that the two didn't like each other much.  The tension was getting so thick that Shiro decided to step in between the two arguing groups, as to calm them down to a sort of degree.  

"What's so bad about fish for brains...sounds delicious!"  Mango blurted out, licking his beak.

At the mention of digidestined, Mango flapped his wings energetically.  

"Ooooooh!  Ooooooh!  Shiro!  Show them the thingy!!!"  

Shiro tilted her head, as if she were confused by whatever the...'thingy' was.  In then snapped into her head.  She pulled out the strange device that her phone had turned into when she was transported here.  It looked very similar to the one that the one boy had flashed earlier.

"You mean this thingy?  Yeah...it's strange that we would have devices that are so similar to each other."  

Mango nodded rapidly.  

"If that's the case, there's only one explanation!  You're all tied together in this somehow!  You're all....digidestined!"  Mango looked to Razomon and flung his thumb talon up.  "You might have fish for brains, but those are some smart fish to think of that old bedtime story!"  

As Rio collapsed, Shiro couldn't help but gasp.  It must've been too much for the boy to take all of this in.  Shiro knelt down next to Razomon and patted it's back.  

"He'll be fine...he just needs so time to get adjusted to this whole mess I think...."  Shiro looked up to the digital sky.  "I'm surprised I haven't done the same thing right about now."  As she turned her head back to Rio, she saw a camera lying on the sand.  She picked it up and dusted it off.  It must've fallen off of Rio's person.  "I'll keep this safe for now...let's focus on getting him back on his feet."

Kiero and CP watched silently as the rest of the group argued, and he just turned tail on them. "Where are you going~kyu?!" CP demanded as he hopped after the group.

"Getting some distance" Kiero replied lazily as he marched along the beach. Truth be told he needed to get away from those argumentative twits, just so he could get his head around what's happening. "So CP, remind me, this isn't earth, is it?"

"As far away from earth as the sun~kyu" the Cutemon replied.

"Okay, uhh yeah, there we go. So, I'm not on earth, I'm in the Digital World you called it right? ("Right~kyu.") Okay, so this might sound crazy, but I also, actually, really do know something about what that dinosaur thing was talking about. About some "Digidestined"" Kiero explained.

"You do~kyu?!" CP asked with stars in his eyes. "Are you maybe related to one?"

"Not quite. See, in school we had to do some community service, and mine involved working with this old guy who people said were crazy. He kept muttering about a world inside computers and stuff. I thought he was crazy, or he was talking about a MMO. Given his age, I assumed the former. He mentioned monster made of data, and that he helped save their world among some other kids with attitude. He said they were called "Digidestined", and he showed me a "Digivice", which looked like it was made in the seventies" Kiero exposited, before catching his digimon's face. "Uuuhhhh?"

CP had giant stars in his eyes, and a look of glee on his face. "Then this means that all of you humans ARE the next Digidestined~kyu!" he squeed.

"Maybe. He also said how his partner was grown and chosen for him, while ours have just seemed to fall into our laps. And given our dysfunction, I'd say we're more like the Digi-sorta-destined" Kiero replied dryly. "Where are you going?"

"One of you humans passed out!" CP explained as he scuffled along the beach. Landing on their knees by the human, the Cutemon checked him over, and sighed in relief. "Oh good~kyu. He's only passed out from stress~kyu. I was afraid it was something serious~kyu" he sighed in relief.

"Yeah, it would suck if we lost a team mate on day one" Kiero crassly remarked as he followed his partner. Sweeping the others, things looked pretty grim. "Well, we're all the faces of the Saviors of the Digital World aren't we?"

Stomping through the forest, Kuwagamon was relieved to find Growlmon running towards him, and was even more relieved to find him looking sane. "Growlmon" the bug declared with relief.

"It's great to see you're alright Kuwagamon" Growlmon sighed happily.

"Yeah, and even better, I found her" the bug reported.

"The fugitive?"

"Yeah, she's back on the beach with some humans and digimon I attacked before they got that damn arrow outta me. Speaking of, how did you get yours out?"

"Some other digimon with their humans helped me out. If I didn't know better, I'd say that the Digidestined that Wizardmon predicted would arrive were them."

​"Maybe, they just don't seem the whole destined sort. Heck, the fugitive herself partnered with a human too. And she might be above jurisdiction if that happens."

"Well you go secure the beach, I'll go find those other two humans who helped me. Wizardmon needs to see them. I'll find you on the beach in a bit" Growlmon declared as he stomped off back where he came.

"Don't take too long!" Kuwaamon called as he went back towards the beach.

Following his trail, it didn't take the dinosaur digimon long to find the Coronamon, BlackAgumon, and their humans. "Sorry for running off on you guys, but now I need you four to come with me. I'm under orders to take you to Wizardmon" Growlmon explained. "So come along with me, uhh, please. He needs to see you and the other humans right away."

2peXbcv.png

Shiro stayed by Rio's side, patting his digimon's back.  She looked to her side and noticed the rabbit digimon that had aided them in fighting the big red beetle.  

"Oh good~kyu. He's only passed out from stress~kyu. I was afraid it was something serious~kyu"  Shiro would be shocked, if the whole shock value of this whole situation hadn't numbed her nervous system by now.  This rabbit thing also had the strangest...but surprisingly cute, mannerisms.  Shiro could almost see herself saying kyu as she twisted a finger into her cheek.  She turned to the rabbit and smiled.  

"Nope...he'll be fine.  He just needs some rest," putting it into practice she pushed a finger into her cheek, "~kyu."

"Oh no!  Shiro's been infected with some bunny kyu-ooties!"  Mango flapped his wings frantically as he inspected his digidestined.  "Quick!  Turn her back to normal you cottontail wannabe!  Or i'll never get to talk to the old Shiro ever again~kyu!"  Mango gasped and held his beak shut.  "Oh no!  Now i've got them too~kyu!"  Mango started to run frantically across the beach.  Shiro could only sigh at the fact that her partner was basically the class clown of the group.  

"Mango...calm down...I don't have Kyu-ooties."  She turned back to Rio.  With the camera in her hand, she decided to take a picture of the passed out boy.  "That'll be a keeper!"  Now it was time to get down to business.  She stood up and walked over to her school friend.  She was holding that delinquent as if it were her own child...but by the sound of it that thing was pretty nasty...picking on kids?  How low could one get?  She pointed a finger at it.  "By my power as a digi-infested,"

"Digi-destined!~kyu"  Mango shouted from across the beach.  

"Right," Shiro cleared her throat, "Digi-destined...I'm putting you under arrest!...I can do that right?"   

As much as Razomon wanted to remain calm, he was nearly taken over the edge with what happened with Rio. He didn't even hear what Shiro had to say at first.

This feeling.....it was familiar to him. Faint memories of the past started showing themselves. It was mostly flashing images, not much to go off of. But he remembers saying something very similar to what he did when Rio collapsed. "Please, hold on! I'm not gonna lose you! You're all I have left!"

But that's all he can remember. At least right now. With tears in his eyes, he finally started to fade back into reality. He wasn't sure what to think of this. But it wasn't important now. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he had a good look at everyone around him. He then decided to plop Rio against the closest tree. "You'll get through this. I know you will." He then took a deep breath to relax himself. It was then that he overheard Shiro.

"By my power as a digi-infested,"

"Digi-destined!~kyu"  Mango shouted from across the beach.  

"Right," Shiro cleared her throat, "Digi-destined...I'm putting you under arrest!...I can do that right?"

"I don't know, but let's just roll with it for now." said Razomon suddenly as he started walking towards Kudamon with slight malicious intent, cracking his 'knuckles'. "I'll hold her down until Kuwagamon gets back." He then attempted to lunge at Kudamon.

large.png46lz2EA.jpg?1

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

Kosuke finally caught up with Delos, who was waving his paw in the air to show where he was exactly.

"Took ya long enough!" Delos smiled. "Still, at least I didn't lose ya."

"D-Delos...y-ya can't just run off like that..." Kosuke spoke, trying to catch his breath the best he could. "B-Besides, w-w-where were you going anyway?"

Delos was about to tell Kosuke and the other two (Rigor and Xicor) that he was heading back to the beach, however... The Growlmon returned back in their general direction, seeming just as apologetic as he was when the two Digimon struck out the arrow.

"Sorry for running off on you guys, but now I need you four to come with me. I'm under orders to take you to Wizardmon. So come along with me, uhh, please. He needs to see you and the other humans right away."

Other Humans? There were more than him and Rigor? Kosuke was surprised and somewhat happy about this revelation. T-There's more? T-Thank goodness...maybe I'll be able to get out of here soon! he thought, before seeing Delos nodding.

"Well, change in plans guys. I was trying to get back to the beach where me and Kosuke here met...buuuuut looks like we're being called by Wizardmon. So, c'mon." Delos said, not really being in charge but apparently just trying to justify his actions to Kosuke.

"W-Wizardmon? W-Who is that exactly...?"

Delos could only shrug, shaking his head. "Haven't the foggiest idea there, Kosuke. But, I do know he must be pretty excited to know that you and these other humans are here."

That...didn't exactly put Kosuke's soul at ease....

Rigor watched as Delos and Kosuke ran a short distance away. He wasn't exactly too sure what he was supposed to do right now. SO he, and apparently Kosuke, were 'Digi-Destined'. Why them though? Apparently, they were like saviors or heroes of the 'Digital World'... but he was no hero. He was the furthest thing from it, in fact. With a shake of his head, he went to follow Kosuke, but around this time, Growlmon came back.

"Sorry for running off on you guys, but now I need you four to come with me. I'm under orders to take you to Wizardmon. So come along with me, uhh, please. He needs to see you and the other humans right away."

Other humans? So there were more than just them? That was both reassuring and downright terrifying at the same time. Rigor gulped to himself. What were the others like? Would they like him? Would they shun him? Was this a bad idea? Did they have a choice? Rigor was so preoccupied that he didn't hear Kosuke's question, but Xicor did.

"Isn't it obvious? Wizardmon is a Digimon that's a wizard. Let's just get going," Xicor stated before pushing Rigor towards Growlmon. Time to get answers.

Kudamon eyed Shiro with a hooded gaze, eyebrow arched gracefully. She yawned scornfully. 

"Please," she scoffed. "You, arrest me? Sure, gimpy, go ahead and-"

"Kudamon!" Rui yelled in horror. She turned away so that Kudamon's gaze was separated from Shiro's, face scarlet with embarassment. "Shiro, I... I'm sorry!"

"Why are you apologizing?" asked Kudamon flatly. "She's missing her damn arm, I'm sure she knew already. How'd that happen, anyway?" she asked, without interest as she called over Rui's shoulder. "Formatting error? Or do you expect me to believe it happened in your 'hoo-mon world'?"

Rui felt tears starting to spawn in her eyes as Kudamon kept up her sarcastic onslaught. She was partnered with someone who hated the people who had just been helping her so much? And Rui had ASKED them to... What did that say about her?

Her train of thought was interrupted when Razomon suddenly lunged at Kudamon. Rui shrieked, dropping Kudamon in surprise. The ferret-like Digimon nimbly landed on Razomon's head, quickly jumping off and landing on the beach, making a beeline for the trees, turning he rhead to shout at Razomon.

"Catch me if you can, fish-for-brains! You'll never take me ali- OW!" her words were cut off as she slammed into the ankle of Kuwagamon, who had just stepped out from within the trees again. "Son of a jabroni!" she yelled, hair on her back raised as she fell into a crouch. "Back for round two, huh, big guy?"

"You guys, he's back!" Rui yelled, a little hysterically. She fell back to the ground beside the prone Rio. 

• 2 weeks later...

The insectoid Digimon stomped with its giant foot, catching Kudamon underneath it as she tried to flee. It wasn't actively trying to crush her thankfully, but rather just keep her down without a chance to get away. "Welll humans, I have news for you all" Kuwagamon announced.

"Announcement~kyu?" CP uttered.

"Probably about us being destined to save your world" Kiero commented.

"Once Growlmon is here, we'll, oh, you're back" the bug remarked as he caught his friend return with the other humans and their partners.

"Yeah, I had to backtrack a little, but the other two are here. So this makes, let's see, one two three... seven humans and Digimon. I think this kinda confirms our suspicions" Growlmon remarked.

"Yeah, looks that way. Some of the humans have matching devices too, like the archaic Digivice models. Right, well humans, I want you all to come with us to the nearest Primary Village, where our employer is waiting for us. His name is Wizardmon, and he needs to meet you all immediately" Kuwagamon explained, before regarding the small ferret beneath his foot. "As for you... as much as I'd like to arrest you and be done with you, it seems you are oddly enough fated to save the world alongside your human. Be grateful that you will avoid sentence on a technicality" the bug coolly explained as he eased his foot up.

"Okay humans, come with us, uhh, please. You're wanted urgently" Growlmon announced, leading the way.

"I'll take the rear" Kuwagamon volunteered as the humans marched as a group.

If they wanted to have anything else to say to each other, the short walk to the village would be their last chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Razomon, drained of his stamina, was unable to catch and restrict Kudamon as he had hoped. This was something he wasn't used to doing, and hopefully it's the last time he'll ever have to do it.

It was then he noticed Kuwagamon return with......a Growlmon? Something then began to stir in his mind, but it was too much effort to try and recall. Eventually, he was brought back to reality as the two giant Digimon explained the situation.

"I want you all to come with us to the nearest Primary Village, where our employer is waiting for us. His name is Wizardmon, and he needs to meet you all immediately."

Of all the Digimon on these islands, why does a Wizardmon need to see us?  thought Razomon, not wanting to directly question two Champions that would easily decimate him.

iU8EggM.png

Rio had begun to open his eyes, albeit slowly. All of the commotion that was going on must of woken him up, ironically enough. For what it's worth, as his vision began to clear up he noticed the Kuwagamon and a Growlmon. He only just barely overheard the explanation himself, so he understands what the next plan is.......he hopes.

Razomon then notices that Rio has awakened. Taking a sigh of relief, he turned back to the two. "Alright then. Let's go everybody."

hzyvyM2.pngVO5cj50b.jpg?1
Eventually things were starting to move along. The Kudamon had tried to escape, but Razomon successfully captured him again. And then, in the distance, Kuwagamon could be seen flying back towards the party again, standing on Kudamon for extra security.

"Tch, about damn time," Cinder scoffed. He'd been waiting for too long already, and he didn't want to waste any more than he already had for everyone else to get their sheet together. Another couple of humans and their Digimon had arrived as well, and they were being led by a Growlmon of all things. Could this specific one be the one that Kuwagamon was talking about earlier? Teiljo had to assume so, but then why was the Growlmon so... peaceful? Did he not have one of those arrows inside him? Just as it came across his mind however, Teiljo shook his head and immediately perished the thought. Kuwagamon had to have enough sense not to endanger the party with another Digimon that had been inflicted by the arrows, surely.

"Okay humans, come with us... uh, please," the Growlmon requested, "You're wanted urgently,"

With that, he lead the seven humans and their digital comrades into the Primary Village.

About half way through the journey, Teiljo had been even deeper in thought than he was when he was sucked into the Digital World. It was almost if he was bothered about something... aside from even Cinder of all beings. Finally he spoke up, and to no-one in particular.

"...this whole thing's a mess," he stated, attracting Cinder's attention oddly enough.

"We don't have to go through with it if that's not what you want," he replied, "I mean, they might try to guilt-trip you and everyone else into diving straight into the thick of it, but... I just want you to remember, Teil, that this is ultimately your call."

"I realise that, but we could be dealing with an epidemic here for all we know," the sound of worry was now even more evident in Teiljo's voice as he said this, "How could I ignore such a thing in all good conscience? And furthermore, how could you?"

Cinder had nothing to say about that. He merely sighed, before looking back at Teiljo.

"Let's just stick with asking this Wizardmon the questions," Cinder decided, before turning to the nearest Champion-Level Digimon that was present; since he and Teiljo were near the back, that would be Kuwagamon, "And your employer had better deliver, or we're releasing the squirrel we so kindly caught for you."

Rigor still wasn't sure if this whole... situation was good or bad. To recap, his phone sucked him into another world, where a big dinosaur was being mind controlled by arrows, so it tried to eat him. Then, a small dinosaur and a fire lion came to his rescue, so now the big dinosaur and a giant bug was leading them to a wizard so they can learn how to save the world.

This was an amazing idea for a manga.

He looked over the group... they seemed like a ragtag group... not very heroic. Could they really save the world? Or worlds? This was confusing. However, he noticed one person in this little group, one that made him feel so relived. He was on the ground though, just waking up... not very assuring.

"Rio! You're here to?" He called out before sliding to his best friend's side. "You alright?" He asked. Did the giant bug try to eat him? He then quickly noticed the blue dinosaur next to Rio. "Um... hi... are you... his partner?" He asked. Xicor rolled his eyes as he walked up to Rigor.

"Yeah, most likely. Get up, Rigor, you're going to embarrass yourself," the Blackagumon chastised before looking at the group. They were supposed to save the world? Welp, that does it. They were doomed. 

Heavily muffled yells came out from under Kuwagamon's foot, Rui's eyes wide as the Digimon that had assaulted them so viciously a few minutes before was now, well, cordial, almost. She barely even processed what the Digimon was saying, she was so taken aback by the swift change. She DID let out a small yelp of surprise as Growlmon poked his head out from the forest, but the arrival of two MORE people quickly made it clear that the Growlmon was peaceful.

"Piss on that Digidestined nonsense." Rui's attention was taken back as Kuwagamon's foot lifted to free Kudamon, who limped out from under it to glare reproachfully at Kuwagamon. "Humans are a myth, and you AND Wizardmon are nuts for thinking anything else."

Rui finally spoke up, timidly: "Who... Who's Wizardmon?"

Kudamon snorted with derision as she hopped up on Rui's knee, smacking at her mussed fur to try and smooth it down. "Wizardmon is a kook and an idiot," she said matter-of-factly. "And he wastes his time waiting for HUMANS to come around." She rolled her eyes at Kuwagamon. "As if some fairy tale-beleiving idiot like you has the ability to arrest ME. Puh-LEEZE."

She made to hop off of Rui's knee, but her landing was off, and she hit the ground awkwardly. She hissed in pain, and Rui quickly scooped her up, worry in her eyes. 

"Kudamon, you're hurt-"

"Yeah, I WONDER WHY," Kudamon replied, glaring at Kuwagamon.

"Um... Maybe Wizardmon can help you?" Rui offered. "Maybe he can convince you we really ARE humans."

"Don't count on it," was Kudamon's reply. Her voice was noticeably ragged, tired, though still belligerent to a fault. 

"And he can tell us what the, um, Digivice things do?" she asked, looking at Kuwagamon for confirmation she had the term right. The insectoid Digimon nodded.

"The Digivice, yes. They allow the Digidestined the ability to have their Digimon Digivolve in time of need."

"Digivolve?" asked Rui, as Kudamon perked up.

"Digivolve? WIth a device? That's impossible." Kuwagamon opened his mouth to speak, then stopped, thinking. He then shrugged before beginning to lead the group into the woods. Kudamon frowned, settling down in Rui's grip.

Rui stood, getting her bearings as she fell in with the rest of the group, Kudamon breathing somewhat heavily underneath her words.

"Hi, everyone... Um, some of you know me, but I'm Rui. Kurosaki Rui." She looked away, avoiding eye contact, her eyes hidden behind the glare on her glasses.

2peXbcv.png

The comments that that Kudamon had made earlier had stung Shiro a bit...it was surely a nasty digimon to be partnered up with.  She almost didn't feel like talking at all..not even to the ones she knew from school.  As soon as Mango caught up with Shiro, she couldn't help but be thankful she had him.  From out of nowhere, she felt a tingling sensation in her hand.  She looked to it, and Mango had taken a hold of it, looking straight forward as they marched in line betwixt Kuwagamon and Growlmon.  She started to tear up.  She could feel the wing in her hand tighten.  That's when Mango turned to her.  

"Don't start...or you'll get me going!"  His eyes started to get soggy as well.  

Shiro nodded as she wiped her face preemptively.  

"You're right...can't go blowing my first impression now can I?"  She cleared her mind, blocking out whatever that snake was prattling on about, and focused on there current objective: meeting this so called Wizardmon.  

"Hi, everyone... Um, some of you know me, but I'm Rui. Kurosaki Rui."  The friend that was partnered with that devimon in disguise finally spoke.  Shiro smiled as she hid away behind her spectacles. 

"Geez Rui, same ol' same ol' huh?"  Shiro started to skip behind her, while Mango struggled to keep pace.  "Well I'm Ishida Shiro!  I'm glad to meet your acquaintance!"  Mango started to flap his free wing as he jumped in the air.  

"And I'm Mango the Pengo!  Nice to meet ya'!"  Mango gave off a goof salute, and stuck his tongue out to the side of his beak.  "Now can we pick up the pace, I'm starvin'!"  As Shiro and Mango trekked onward, Shiro couldn't help but whistle the tune from the classic wizard of oz.  After all, they were off to see the Wizardmon!  

large.png46lz2EA.jpg?1

"Isn't it obvious? Wizardmon is a Digimon that's a wizard. Let's just get going."

Well that was SOOOOO very helpful to Kosuke. He sighed in defeat after hearing Xicor's response. But here he stood with his new...friend, guess you could call him that, Rigor and their little digital pets or whatever being lead two HUGE digital monsters to meet up with this new guy: Wizardmon.

Needless to say, Kosuke felt a strong pit in his stomach rising. He could only fear for the worst. How would he and...oh...good...there were MORE humans in the group now. This was obviously the starts of an invasion...either that or these digital creatures were planning to use them as slave labor. O-Oh joy...I really hope that isn't what's going to happen...

"KOSUKE!! C'mon, get the lead out and pick up the pace!" Delos shouted, laughing some as he was already keeping up almost double time with the Kuwagamon and Growlmon. It was an exciting moment for Delos...he actually had a human partner WITH a Digivice. Which only meant one thing...Wizardmon was hopefully going to confirm this!

"Hi, everyone... Um, some of you know me, but I'm Rui. Kurosaki Rui."

"Well I'm Ishida Shiro!  I'm glad to meet your acquaintance!""And I'm Mango the Pengo!  Nice to meet ya'!"

Kosuke looked up to see a few of the people talking. One was the one that was introduced as Rui, which had a strange ferret looking Digimon, Kudamon. On the other hand, there was the one, Shiro with a literal penguin...Mango. He now knew three people's names now...but he kept his hands in his pockets as he looked down at the ground, keeping eye contact to a minimum.

"I-I...I'm Kosuke...Y-Yukimura Kosuke..." Kosuke mumbled, unsure if people heard him or not...buuuuuut then again...a loudmouth spoke up.

"Hey! He says his name is Yukimura Kosuke!" Delos shouted with a laugh. "And I'm Delos! Nice to meet ya!!"

Rio, vision and hearing still not 100%, hears a familiar voice. One that he never expected to hear where he was. "R-Rigor...?"

"You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah....everything just...became a bit too much for me to handle. I'll...I'll be fine." Rio then proceeded to slowly stand up, grasping his head while doing so. Suddenly fainting from everything that went on may have done a number on him accidentally. But, he was able to pull himself together eventually as everyone followed the Growlmon, with Kuwagamon trailing behind just in case.

"Glad to see that you're awake. Not that I was worried." said Razomon, with the slightest tinge of nervousness in his tone of voice.

Rio chuckled at this. "It's okay. Thank you. We have to look out for each other, after all." He then turned his attention to Rigor. "Nothing against you, but I didn't think I'd ever see you here. I mean, what are the chances?"

"Well, if three of the other humans know each other, I guess the chances of this being a coincidence is looking pretty low."

"I guess..." Rio then realized something he forgot as he stood where everyone could see him. "I don't think I properly introduced myself to some of you. I'm Rio Magaki."

"I go by Razomon. Now can we keep going?"

Rio says nothing to this, realizing how impatient Razomon is being and sighs quietly to himself.

"And your employer had better deliver, or we're releasing the squirrel we so kindly caught for you."

Kuwagamon just shrugged. "That's fine, we'll just give him you instead, telling him that you aided and abetted a criminal. Potato potahto on who we bring in, so long as we're bringing in a criminal" he answered bluntly. "And I dunno if being a digidestined will be enough to get you off, considering you would have allowed a digimon partner and their human to get away."

"That's not justice~kyu" CP scowled at such blunt behavior from Kiero's shoulder.

"That's because justice doesn't exist anyways" Kiero answered just as bluntly. "It's just a term used to describe the actions and consequences of those who go against the norm of what's "right". Really, justice is about as non-existent as Santa Claus and a government official who doesn't get off on screwing people over."

"You shouldn't be so cynical~kyu" the rabbit remarked.

"Pragmatism is commonly mistaken for cynicism because an optimist can't tell the difference" the human countered.

"It seems I'm going to need to work on you~kyu."

"Tell that to the school counselor" Kiero shrugged as he lagged in the middle of the group.

And at the front, Growlmon slowed his pace a little, to stay in line with the frontlining humans. The big dino was smiling like a goof with his hands resting comfortably behind his head. "For the humans I attacked, I'm sorry. And for those I'm just meeting, hey there, I'm Growlmon" he grinned like an idiot. "You have no idea how cool it is that I get to see humans in my life cycle. Like, it's pretty uncommon, so it'll be something cool to tell all the youngsters when I become Gallantmon" Growlmon grinned.

"OR MEGIDRAMON!" Kuwagamon called from the back.

"I'M NOT GOING TO BECOME MEGIDRAMON!" Growlmon petulantly replied. "I mean jeez, no one should ever joke about that. Right from the get-go people always accuse my species of eventually becoming a world breaker. Most of us just stop at WarGrowlmon anyways, but I know I'll eventually make it to becoming an awesome Gallantment" the dino gleefully explained.

"Excuse me uh, mister Growlmon, but what's a Gallantmon?" Rui inquired meekly.

"Oh they are the coolest! They're these awesome armoured knights with a lance and a giant shield. And they can fire blasts from the shield by going all SHIELD OF THE JUST! PEW! PEW! PEW!" Growlmon explained with an imaginary shield which he used to fire imaginary lasers.

"Ugh, he's delusional" Kuwagamon sighed in earshot of the stragglers.

"And Gallantmon are all super cool and defenders of the weak and are soldiers for justice. They're awesome and I hope to be one someday!" Growlmon concluded with stars in his eyes.

"Is this guy for real?" Kiero said while shaking his head.

"Maybe~kyu. We haven't had a Gallantmon in a very long time~kyu. Who knows, he might be destined to be the next one~kyu" CP remarked.

"Doubt it" Kuwagamon said while rolling his non-existent eyes.

"Say CP, the bug mentioned something called digivolving. Mind explaining that?" Kiero inquired.

"When a digimon gains enough data and power, they transform into a stronger form~kyu. Most of us here are the rookie level, which most digimon are. Kuwagamon and Growlmon are champion level, which is one higher than a rookie~kyu. A champion can easily beat most rookies, and it takes several of us to beat a champion~kyu. That grumpy Kudamon I hear has been trying to force their digivolution by fighting everything it can~kyu" CP explained.

"And what if I am?!" Kudamon demanded angrily.

"And after champion comes ultimate, and then mega~kyu. Most digimon take a while to naturally evolve, but it is said that the digivices you humans possess can allow their partner to temporarily digivolve to a higher level~kyu."

Drawing out his digivice, Kiero stared at the stat screen displaying CP's vitals, and the blank screen above. "So, with this, you will digivolve higher when I need you to, right?" he inquired.

"Right~kyu. But I'm not sure how to make it work~kyu. It's said that digidestined have trouble making them work in the start~kyu. So I reckon that in time you will learn how to make them work~kyu. You're going to need to if you plan on saving the world~kyu."

"You're an oddly knowledgeable little bunny" Kiero remarked with suspicion.

"Eh heh heh~kyu. I'm nothing special~kyu" CP replied nervously.

"Hey Kuwagamon, we're here!" Growlmon reported.

"Alright, I want silence from here on out!" the bug commanded.

"Don't bet on it!" Kudamon and Cinder both replied.

The Primary Village was, well... a complete nightmare. It was filled to the brim with every single manifestation of fun in existence, including bouncy floor and giant stuffed animals everywhere. It made the human's skin crawl with how googoo it was. It was even worse that his heart would skip a beat from all the adorable little critters running and hiding from them. "These digimon are baby and in-training level, which are below Rookie~kyu. These little guys will eventually become rookies and then on in time~kyu" CP whispered as Kiero opened his mouth.

Progressing through the Primary Village (with one noticeably burnt down building), an entourage of infant digimon began to follow them all the way to the town hall, where a digimon in a wizard's hat rose to great them. He showed great surprise in seeing his two mercenaries, and an army of teenagers. Nonetheless, he waved to them pleasantly.

Wizardmon_t.gif

"Well met Growlmon and Kuwagamon" he jovially declared. "It warms my heart to see you both back safely, and with the prisoner with you. A lot of prisoners, actually" he remarked, eyeing all the small army of humans. "I must say, either the network had a major crash and opened up several rifts, or, these are the humans who we have waited to save us from these dark times. With that being said, I am filled with joy and hope to see you seven, who have already bonded with their partners as well. It fills me with hope and pride to declare that you are the Digidestined that will save our world from the coming darkness!" he grandly proclaimed.

End Act 1: Begin Download

iU8EggM.png

>
>

Wizardmon started to grow uncomfortable from the unusual silence the humans were making. One would think that they'd be thrilled by the prospect of helping to save the Digital World from destruction. "Umm, are you not pleased with your position?" he asked to break the silence.

"Well, we didn't exactly have a choice in the matter, since when faced with the option, it was "yes" or "yes", so you tell me if we should be pleased that we got conscripted into saving your world" Kiero declared.

"You watch your mouth human!" Kuwagamon snapped angrily.

"It's fine Kuwagamon. The human must just be a little overwhelmed is all. I imagine you all are, actually. Hmm, before I explain any more, I think it might help if you humans relax a little, to acclimatize to our world. Kuwagamon, Growlmon, you are relieved for now. As are you... Kudamon" the wizard sneered at the ferret. "So please, take some time off and enjoy the Primary Village. And in an hour, I'd like you all to return to me, so I can explain what is going on. Until then, I imagine you are all dismissed" Wizardmon chuckled.

"Terrific" Kiero scowled as he muscled his way past the bug.

"That was pretty rude~kyu" CP chided.

"It's his fault for being so happy about the fact that we're going to risk our lives when we didn't have a choice in the matter" the human grumbled as he punted a beach ball away.

"The prior digidestined didn't either" the rabbit pointed out.

"That makes it worse!" Kiero replied hotly. "I dunno if you know this, but "saving the world" wasn't on my to-do list today. God knows how scared my parents might be considering I just vanished from my room."

"They won't~kyu" CP replied.

"Why?" Kiero asked as he lent into a padded building. "Because they'd be proud I'm saving the world?"

"No, because time works differently here~kyu. Because we're all just data, one day in the digital world is just one minute in yours~kyu. You could be here a week and they wouldn't even know~kyu" the rabbit informed his partner.

Eyes wide, Kiero checked his digivice, where he found a clock function. Displaying two different times, he watched the seconds tick away on the second time, while the seconds on the top barely moved. Heck, even the milliseconds were slow. "The top is the same time I entered this world, and the bottom is... the digital world. Crap, time really is different here" Kiero uttered in amazement.

"Yep~kyu! Although, I am worried~kyu. Because of the time difference, it is amazing that all you humans pressed yes at the same time~kyu."

"Meaning, oh, one of us could have delayed, and would appear in this world much later?"

"Bingo~kyu!"

"That's... probably bad."

2peXbcv.png

The Wizardmon that they had been brought too was rather cheerful, but she couldn't get the feeling off her shoulder that he was a bit more wicked than he led on.  After all, if he was employing such sketchy looking digimon as the two that brought them here, he couldn't be all that good.  However, Shiro just shrugged off the notion.  They had all been nice to them so far...except the whole attacking them after they fell from the sky bit.  

"So please, take some time off and enjoy the Primary Village. And in an hour, I'd like you all to return to me, so I can explain what is going on. Until then, I imagine you are all dismissed"

Shiro gave a sigh of relief.  They had been walking for what seemed to be an eternity, and Mango even looked like he was having a tough time staying on his feet.

"Hey, do you wanna-"

"Find a place to rest?  You bet your bippy I do!"  And with that, the two tried to find a nice place to settle for a moment, leaving behind their other digidestined comrades.  While they strolled, Shiro couldn't help but adore all of the tiny blobs of data that moved about the village.  They were all so cute, and she just wanted to hug them all!  They both soon came upon a hill that was filled with unhatched eggs.  Shiro and Mango found a spot unoccupied by a dense area of eggs and plopped down.  Mango eventually laid down on his back.  

"Say....Mango....are you ready for this?"  Shiro held her other arm nervously.  It hadn't hit her until Wizardmon himself had said it...but they were expected to save this whole world.  And if there were digimon stronger than Kuwagamon and Growlmon...how was Mango ever supposed to go up against a threat like that.  Mango stayed laying on his back, but turned his head towards her.  

"Ever since I met you, I've grown more confident in myself.  I feel like you and I could take on the whole digital world if we tried!  And you have to remember, we aren't alone.  All those other humans back there, they're probably thinking the same thoughts to themselves.  I bet they're really scared of what their partners might say as well."  He returned his head to look at the sky.  "So, to answer your question...I'm so ready!"  Shiro laughed.  Her partner was one silly bird.  She definitely wasn't expecting an answer like that, but she would try to be brave...just like him.

She would try.  

"Nothing against you, but I didn't think I'd ever see you here. I mean, what are the chances?"

"I know... this is crazy...," Rigor muttered as he rubbed his head.

"Well, if three of the other humans know each other, I guess the chances of this being a coincidence is looking pretty low."

"Oh, if that's the case, I'll have to agree with the blue one," Xicor said to Rigor. "But...," He folded his arms. "You might be Digidestined... but I feel like we may have had a few mistakes with the partners," He stated as he looked at Kudamon. "Quite a few in fact...," He shook his head. Seriously, him as a Digidestined's partner? He was a warrior, not a savior. 

"There had to be a mistake with Digidestined...," Rigor muttered, unknowingly mimicking Xicor's head shake and arm fold. "No way am I some sort of hero...,"

"For the humans I attacked, I'm sorry. And for those I'm just meeting, hey there, I'm Growlmon" he grinned like an idiot. "You have no idea how cool it is that I get to see humans in my life cycle. Like, it's pretty uncommon, so it'll be something cool to tell all the youngsters when I become Gallantmon"

"OR MEGIDRAMON!" Kuwagamon called from the back.

"I'M NOT GOING TO BECOME MEGIDRAMON!" Growlmon petulantly replied. "I mean jeez, no one should ever joke about that. Right from the get-go people always accuse my species of eventually becoming a world breaker. Most of us just stop at WarGrowlmon anyways, but I know I'll eventually make it to becoming an awesome Gallantmon" the dino gleefully explained. 

"He could become a Chaosgallantmon," Xicor added nonchalantly. "Well, if those things actually exist...," Rigor shook his head. 

"Be nice Xicor," Rigor stated, shaking his head. He wasn't sure what a 'Chaosgallantmon' was, but it was probably something similar to 'Megidramon'. Still, he found it hard to believe this goofy dinosaur was trying to eat him barely an hour ago. Whatever those arrows where, they were something else... on to more happy news, Rigor had a solid idea what to draw as his next hero. A 'Shield of the Just' sounded pretty cool.

Rigor was lost in his imagination as they walked, scenes of epic battles between a hero of justice and a vile villain, clashing across the skies. His creative juices were flowing, and he was ready to draw! Too bad he didn't have his sketchbook. Eventually though, they made it to the Primary Village... and the sights made his heart skip a beat. Everything was so... adorable!!

Small in-training and rookie digimon ran all over the place, looking like tiny balls of fluff he wanted to scoop up and hug them! However... he wasn't ready for what Wizardmon was about to drop on them.

"I must say, either the network had a major crash and opened up several rifts, or, these are the humans who we have waited to save us from these dark times. With that being said, I am filled with joy and hope to see you seven, who have already bonded with their partners as well. It fills me with hope and pride to declare that you are the Digidestined that will save our world from the coming darkness!"

Save the world? Him? No, no, there had to be some sort of mistake, he was no way capable of saving the world! He... they weren't even adults! What the hell could they do?! ... Then again, what the hell couldn't they do? They were stuck here, right? He felt sick in his stomach... was it guilt? Guilt for even thinking of running?

"So please, take some time off and enjoy the Primary Village. And in an hour, I'd like you all to return to me, so I can explain what is going on. Until then, I imagine you are all dismissed"

Rigor simply nodded and walked out, hands in his pocket. He need air to think. Xicor followed his partner out, but not before turning to Kudamon. 

"When you're better, you owe me a fight... dumbass," He stated, though he had a playful chuckle as he left, like he already knew the renegade digimon. The small black dinosaur then rushed out to catch up with Rigor, seeing him staring at a beach ball. The redhead picked up the inflatable ball and rolled it to it to some small digimon nearby. "It's a lot to take in, isn't it?" Xicor asked.

"Yeah," Rigor sighed but looked at Xicor. "Still... things could a lot worse, right? I just have to keep forging ahead," He gave a weak smile, to which Xicor chuckled.

"Nice attitude, but you may want to work on your smile. It might be more convincing if it didn't look like you were going to break down at any second," The digimon advised. Rigor nodded weakly before taking a deep breath. 

"Let's find Rio... we should introduce him to Kosuke. They both could use a friend. Well, you know, someone other than me," Rigor commented as he walked off. Xicor followed him, looking around. It was hard to believe things were under threat to be cast under darkness...

Rio couldn't help but have a pit in his stomach when it came to listening to Wizardmon's exposition. It was a lot to take in. Even though some of what he said wasn't news to him as well as a few others, it was still a lot to take in that what he knew was actual fact rather than just straight up speculation.

"So please, take some time off and enjoy the Primary Village. And in an hour, I'd like you all to return to me, so I can explain what is going on. Until then, I imagine you are all dismissed" Wizardmon chuckled.

Razomon quickly bowed to Wizardmon before leaving with Rio, whose face was filled with worry.

iU8EggM.png

The two were able to find an empty space and relax. However, a lot was going through Rio's mind. To the point where he was very much silent. It was then that Razomon noticed Rio's look of worry. "Something on your mind?" Complete silence. "You know, you can talk to me." Still no response. "Do you think they made some sort of mistake with choosing you?" That got a reaction out of Rio, albeit only slightly. "Look. I know you're worried and all that, but they chose you for a reason. They chose all of the others for a reason. Like I said, it's most likely not a coincidence that some of the other humans just happen to know each other. Whoever it is that sent you here could have very well sent humans that were all strangers to one another. But they didn't. I don't know what that reason is. And I might not know for a long time. But that should be enough for you to realize you were chosen because you had something about you worth exploring."

Rio took a deep breath, feeling a little better about his situation, but noted something that Razomon said. "Sounds like you know from experience."

Razomon didn't say a word to that. He isn't sure himself how he understands any of this, but he knows there's a hole in his memory that shouldn't be there.

"Guess I'm not the only one who keeps things to himself." said Rio suddenly.

"No, it's not that.....it's just........there's stuff about me that even I don't remember. But if it's so bad that I forgot about it, I probably would keep it to myself." Razomon then realized what he was saying and dropped that train of that. "Sorry....got carried away there."

"I don't blame you." Rio then began to stand up. "Let's go find one of the others. I'm sure they would like some extra company."

And with that, the two began looking for any of the other humans that they come across. Though, in Rio's case, he's looking for Rigor. Because at this point, he needs a familiar face. Otherwise, he'll just collapse again.

large.png46lz2EA.jpg?1

The location that Kuwagamon and Growlmon lead Kosuke, Delos and the others to seemed...the word would probably be babyish. Bouncy floors, giant stuffed animals...Kosuke was fairly positive this was just out of the pages of a magazine for those who were expecting. And it was even worse when he saw little infant-like monsters scurrying around.

"A-Are they...?"

"Yep! They're Digimon, just like us!" Delos said happily, tossing his hands behind his head.

They're Digimon too...? But...they aren't anything like them... Kosuke thought, until the group had stopped suddenly before a town hall and a wizard like humanoid. Fair and safe bet that this was Wizardmon...

"I must say, either the network had a major crash and opened up several rifts, or, these are the humans who we have waited to save us from these dark times. With that being said, I am filled with joy and hope to see you seven, who have already bonded with their partners as well. It fills me with hope and pride to declare that you are the Digidestined that will save our world from the coming darkness!"

"S-Save you...?" Kosuke asked slowly. "N-No disrespect sir...b-b-but this is way over my head. T-This isn't something I can do..."

At Kosuke saying this, Delos groaned as he shrugged and shook his head. "You'll have to excuse my new buddy Kosuke, Wizardmon. It seems he doesn't that red hot fire in him yet." he chuckled with a small smile.

Kosuke slowly began to slink away from the group, moving with Delos walking beside him. He seemed so upbeat and ecstatic about this situation, while Kosuke was absolutely dreading this whole scenario. Miles...no a total dimension away from home...forced to have to protect some other world...and what was more, he already knew he wouldn't be able to save this place or anyone. He had been down that road before...he wasn't going to again.

"Ya got something on your mind, Kosuke?" Delos asked, looking up at Kosuke with a smile. "C'mon, maybe I can be of help."

The young man sighed greatly, before sitting down on one of the huge mushroom like stools, hearing it make a small squeaky toy sound before shaking his head. "I-Its this whole thing...I-I shouldn't be here..." Kosuke admitted. "T-There are plenty of people back where we come from...m-maybe you guys could find someone m-more suited to this..."

Delos laughed before sitting down beside Kosuke with a smile. "Afraid it doesn't work like that." He could see Kosuke's demeanor change to one that was more slouching. The fire lion chuckled a bit before waving his hand a bit. "Hey! But don't worry. You were sent that message for a reason. What that reason is...hell if I know. But I just know that you coming here wasn't an accident."

It didn't exactly put Kosuke's soul at ease, but nevertheless, he smiled faintly at Delos. "T-Thanks...I guess."

Rui's eyes were wide as they entered Primary Village. All the Digimon here were so... CUTE. She saw all the Digimon running and hopping around, laughing and playing, and she finally felt relaxed since the first time she had landed in the Digital World.

Then her eyes fell on the burned building, and her mood fell once more. She looked down at the frowning Kudamon, and silently asked herself why she couldn't have made friends with these little, cute, fun-loving Digimon, and not the one who was apparently an escaped convict?

Rui was quiet as Wizardmon spoke, but she notably averted her eyes as Wizardom looked to Kudamon with contempt. She felt like she too was being branded as a troublemaker with Kudamon. The two were apparently partners, after all. COuld they really work together, different as they were? Rui found a part of herself hoping they couldn't.

"Wizardmon?" she asked after they had been excused, not departing with the others. She held up Kudamon, who had kept a resolute bored expression on her face since Wizardmon started talking, occassionally coughing out vague insults all the while. "Kudamon was hurt in the fight against Kuwagamon-"

"Yeah," Kudamon drawled, interrupting. "About THAT. Wizardmon, I'd like to make a complaint."

"WOULD you now?" asked Wizardmon, derisively.

"Yeah. Your big goons are the police around here, sure. But what right do they have to try and squash me just cause someone finally gets the bright idea to shoot them up with arrows like they deserve, eh?"

Wizardmon's eyes narrowed. "Arrows?" he asked, an edge to his voice.

Rui nodded. "Yes, Kuwagamon had some strange arrow in him, and once we got it out he stopped fighting and was nice, but before-"

"He was trying to kill your precious 'Digidestined'," Kudamon mocked. 

Rui's voice shrank. "I know Kudamon caused a lot of trouble here, but, is there anything you can do to help her wounds?"

Wizardmon stared at the girl, his eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Arrows, you say?" he declared ominously.

Sweeping about, he wizard rubbed at his chin, his face hidden from the two as he thoughts things over. "What they're saying is true Wizardmon. Growlmon and I were both attacked by these black arrows and were driven crazy" Kuwagamon confirmed.

"Hmm" Wizardmon murmured as he faced the human again. "If these arrows are any indication, then your presence is required more so than ever now. However, I find it difficult to WANT to allow Kudamon some medical assistance, after what happened there" he declared, pointing at the burnt out building. "In your partner's bid to find a good fight, they accidentally set fire to that nursery. All of the infants got out, but the building, and countless cots and toys were lost to the blaze. Many infants have become homeless while we working on repairing the damage, and they have nothing to play with anymore unless another is kind enough to share. If you desire aid, Kudamon, then you must prove you are sincerely sorry for all the suffering you have caused, and must vow to aid the DigiDestined in saving our world!"

Archived