Need help with a Dark and Light Deck

Vectra

I named this deck after me but I'm having a bit of trouble with it. When I lose a match, I edit my deck to ensure I have some card that can counter it next time I see it. 

Well, now i feel like I'm still missing things but I don't want to cram in a ton of cards.

Cards I'm trying to counter:

Monster Cards

Obelisk the Tormentor (specifically, it's "cannot be targeted" effect)

Rainbow Neos

Relinquished

Grave Squirmer (or Man-eater)

Lumenize

Mirror Mail

Trap Cards

Royal Decree (negates all other trap cards (continuous trap card))

My Deck

Monsters (Main Deck)

Big Eye 2x

Dark Blade 3x

Archfiend Soldier 3x

Trust guardian 3x

Airknight Parshath 2x

Vylon Prism 3x

Trident Warrior 3x

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning 1x

Monsters (Extra Deck)

Blood Mefist 2x

Ancient Sacred Wyvern 2x

Chaos Goddess 2x

Ancient Fairy Dragon 2x

Vylon Epsilon

Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon

Number 11: Big Eye

Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon

Photon Papilloperative 2x

Thought Ruler Archfiend

Traps

Solemn Wishes 3x

Energy Shield 2x

Destruction Jammer 3x

Spell Cards

Mystical Space Typhoon 3x

Reload 3x

Lightning Vortex 2x

Double Summon 3x

Card Trader 2x

Amount of cards: 43 (main deck), 15 (Extra Deck)

Cards I want to add/need but it'll exceed 40 too much

Any "special summon from the grave" card (except for cards that stay on the field)

Cards that, i feel, are needed (if false, tell me otherwise)

Solemn Wishes

Mirror Force (Specifically to counter Obelisk)

Reload (or I can replace it with Magical Mallet)

Energy Shield

All monsters

Mystical Space Typhoon

Lightning Vortex (specifically to counter Rainbow Neos)

Cards I want to add but will exceed 40 too much

Double Snare

Reverse Trap

My problems/questions about this deck

Which card you think would be better: Reload or Magical Mallet?

Do you think I depend on level 4 monsters too much?

Is it possible for a deck to counter all of what I'm trying to counter?

Should I add equip cards? If so, what should I sacrifice for them?

Am I lacking in anything?

Is there any cards that, you feel, can be taken out?

Before recommending things, I got a question: Where are you using this deck? If it's in real life, that's one thing, but if it's online, it's a whole other thing entirely.

Also, here's a few words of advice. You know the old adage of juggling too many balls at the same time? That's what you're trying to do with this deck, make it counter everything at once. In the end, you might find you end up countering absolutely nothing. I feel like you're going down that path by asking for specific counters to varied threats.

This deck is online. Specifically, YuGiOh MD's on XBOX 360.

Ah phew. I was gonna say WTF! you own 2 blood mefist!?

If I were you, I'd use Raigeki instead of Lightning Vortex.

Maybe add Rescue Rabbit and/or Unexpected Dai considering you run a lot of Normal monsters.

Hmm... I'm not actually very familiar with MDs. I'd like to give advice, but I'm not sure how card acquisition is and what cards it goes up to and whatnot. However, I'm gonna have to be bluntly honest: the deck is bad. I hate saying it like that, but in order to progress, you need to know this and how the game moves. If you're willing to read it, I have card advice below. Read it or not, it's your choice. If you don't wanna hear from me again, that's also your choice; just let me know and I won't post here again. But just know that this is all to help you.

[spoiler Card Choices]

-Mass Destruction cards: (Dark Hole, Raigeki, Mirror Force, etc.) These kinds of cards solve 4-5 of your problematic cards right off the bat. They also help you push with your own offensive.

-Search cards: (Reinforcement of the Army, Fossil Dig, Emergency Teleport, etc.) These kinds of cards are necessary in the game today. They help grab cards you need right when you need them. They are even stronger with different options in the deck (ie. RotA can help search D. D. Warrior Lady if you need removal or Marauding Captain if you need more board presence).

-Draw cards: (Upstart Goblin, Reckless Greed, etc.) These cards will speed up your deck and help you get to cards you'll need quicker. Also are extremely necessary in the game, even if it gives your opponent a temporary boost.

-One-for-one Removal cards: (Smashing Ground, Hammer Shot, etc.) Helpful if you have room in your deck. You basically trade one of your cards for one of your opponent's. Go for mass destruction if you can before these options though.

Graveyard Return cards: (Call of the Haunted, Limit Reverse, etc.) If you find yourself able to use the Graveyard and get many monsters in grave quickly, than these options are useful. If not, you don't have to bother with these.

Most of the above cards are ones that benefit you over hindering your opponent. If you are a fairly aggressive player, those cards should be helpful in streamlining your Deck. However, if you find yourself wanting/needing to slow down your opponent's plays, the following cards are also useful.

Summon-Stopping cards: (Solemn Warning, Bottomless Trap Hole, Torrential Tribute, etc.) If you don't want your opponent getting monsters on the board, these cards are your best friends. Make sure to use them on real threats though.

Effect Negation cards: (Effect Veiler, Fiendish Chain, etc.) Monster effects are ridiculously important. Heavy combo decks can be completely shut down from a single one of these cards. Even non-combo decks can get hurt on a well-timed Veiler.

Protection cards: (Stardust Dragon, My Body as a Shield, Safe Zone etc.) A little less useful than the above topics, but useful nonetheless. These can save your cards in a real pinch. If you find yourself susceptible to a particular effect or you need to keep certain cards on the field, you can throw a couple protection cards in for those (but also a wider range) of situations.

These are cards that can slow your opponent down if you play 'em well.

Before I finish, I do want you to take note of the suggested cards. If you think about it, most of the cards tend to help keep the amount of cards in your Hand/on your side of the field consistent OR remove cards from your opponent's possession. This is known as "advantage". If you play a card that decreases the total amount of cards you have in your Hand/on your field, you have lost advantage. Although advantage isn't everything, keeping advantage as long as possible or increasing your advantage increases your chances of winning because you have more total cards to deal with any possible threat. If you were to take away 1 thing, from this whole spiel, remember advantage (I dunno if I explained it well, you can probably find other threads that talk about advantage more in-depth. Or just Google it).

Good luck!

Hmm... I'm not actually very familiar with MDs. I'd like to give advice, but I'm not sure how card acquisition is and what cards it goes up to and whatnot. However, I'm gonna have to be bluntly honest: the deck is bad. I hate saying it like that, but in order to progress, you need to know this and how the game moves. If you're willing to read it, I have card advice below. Read it or not, it's your choice. If you don't wanna hear from me again, that's also your choice; just let me know and I won't post here again. But just know that this is all to help you.

[spoiler Card Choices]

-Mass Destruction cards: (Dark Hole, Raigeki, Mirror Force, etc.) These kinds of cards solve 4-5 of your problematic cards right off the bat. They also help you push with your own offensive.

-Search cards: (Reinforcement of the Army, Fossil Dig, Emergency Teleport, etc.) These kinds of cards are necessary in the game today. They help grab cards you need right when you need them. They are even stronger with different options in the deck (ie. RotA can help search D. D. Warrior Lady if you need removal or Marauding Captain if you need more board presence).

-Draw cards: (Upstart Goblin, Reckless Greed, etc.) These cards will speed up your deck and help you get to cards you'll need quicker. Also are extremely necessary in the game, even if it gives your opponent a temporary boost.

-One-for-one Removal cards: (Smashing Ground, Hammer Shot, etc.) Helpful if you have room in your deck. You basically trade one of your cards for one of your opponent's. Go for mass destruction if you can before these options though.

Graveyard Return cards: (Call of the Haunted, Limit Reverse, etc.) If you find yourself able to use the Graveyard and get many monsters in grave quickly, than these options are useful. If not, you don't have to bother with these.

Most of the above cards are ones that benefit you over hindering your opponent. If you are a fairly aggressive player, those cards should be helpful in streamlining your Deck. However, if you find yourself wanting/needing to slow down your opponent's plays, the following cards are also useful.

Summon-Stopping cards: (Solemn Warning, Bottomless Trap Hole, Torrential Tribute, etc.) If you don't want your opponent getting monsters on the board, these cards are your best friends. Make sure to use them on real threats though.

Effect Negation cards: (Effect Veiler, Fiendish Chain, etc.) Monster effects are ridiculously important. Heavy combo decks can be completely shut down from a single one of these cards. Even non-combo decks can get hurt on a well-timed Veiler.

Protection cards: (Stardust Dragon, My Body as a Shield, Safe Zone etc.) A little less useful than the above topics, but useful nonetheless. These can save your cards in a real pinch. If you find yourself susceptible to a particular effect or you need to keep certain cards on the field, you can throw a couple protection cards in for those (but also a wider range) of situations.

These are cards that can slow your opponent down if you play 'em well.

Before I finish, I do want you to take note of the suggested cards. If you think about it, most of the cards tend to help keep the amount of cards in your Hand/on your side of the field consistent OR remove cards from your opponent's possession. This is known as "advantage". If you play a card that decreases the total amount of cards you have in your Hand/on your field, you have lost advantage. Although advantage isn't everything, keeping advantage as long as possible or increasing your advantage increases your chances of winning because you have more total cards to deal with any possible threat. If you were to take away 1 thing, from this whole spiel, remember advantage (I dunno if I explained it well, you can probably find other threads that talk about advantage more in-depth. Or just Google it).

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. This is exactly what I wanted because I thought "What if it's me that's the problem." I was wondering if I was spreading my deck too thin and I needed to focus on a specific play type. My other 3 decks, Starbuster (LIGHT), Abyss (DARK), and Pyromaniac (FIRE) were all successful yet this one seems to be giving me trouble.

Thanks for the advice, I will edit it accordingly.

Ah phew. I was gonna say WTF! you own 2 blood mefist!?

If I were you, I'd use Raigeki instead of Lightning Vortex.

Maybe add Rescue Rabbit and/or Unexpected Dai considering you run a lot of Normal monsters.

I just looked up Unexpected Dai and it seems very useful. About the Blood Mefist (which is my favorite card along with Ancient Sacred Wyvern): I plan to buy the above cards when I get older and get a job. I just have to choose wisely because cards do cost.

EDIT: Unexpected Dai is not in the game and Raigeki is forbidden.

Archived