Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Aix

[spoiler=that was probably the most emotional episode for me]Not the teary kind of course, but I felt really anxious and could really sympathize with both Emilia and Subaru.

I loved the part where Emilia says the version of her that Subaru sees must be so wonderful, saintly, and utterly impossible.

The point where Subaru burst out about how she should owe him a huge debt really hits home how desperate and out of his mind he was considering how selfless he usually is.

He better make some ground towards trying to turn things around rather than resetting things.

Side note, that proclamation from Felt seemed off, she suddenly has a vision of how she wants things to go when barely a minute ago she was trying to get out of this.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was kinda disappointed by this episode. The developments so far have been fine(Reinhardt is a saint. I repeat, that man will save anime.) but the episode itself felt really short even for R:Z and I'm not getting a cliffhanger vibe this time so I don't feel excited, I'm just dreading the week long wait. The really big moment happened last episode and other than nice Rams this episode was really just preparatory. The part at the end was handled well at least.

It'll take a while for the new OP to warm up to me and god knows how many episodes will pass until we actually get to see the ED in full.

[spoiler=damn]I wonder if that was the Witch or Puck at the end. I thought it was the Witch and Emilia was the daughter, but it also could be Puck with all the ice magic. After all, Puck is supposed to be some amazing powerful spirit and if Emilia was actually his daughter somehow it'd make sense why he'd be tagging along with her.

EDIT: Also, Re:ZERO changed the background on their website to this: http://re-zero-anime.jp/(spoilers)

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 18 has probably the best character development I've ever seen in anime.

This show might actually not pull an Erased and become the real anime of the season. So fantastic.

Clearly you've never seen the second season of Oregairu, but I'll give it second best. 

I love this new episode but... it felt weak, like the writer's were so freaking good at everything they'd done up to this point that they forgot to how to write this scene at the same level. So they just threw in the kitchen sink and opened the "Break in Case of Emotional Emergency" shelf. 

Rem was the weak spot, she broke my heart too, but her character is so far out there that I can't identify her emotions as real. So i give the episode an 8.5/10, for making be believe in humanity again but also knowing the writer is human and brought a gun to a paintbrush fight. 

After the previous two kinda okay episodes this one really f***ing did it. It puts the show back on track without ignoring the twists and turns that we've been getting since this third arc began and it's made the show feel consistent again, and that's pretty great. It's a bit cheesy, with two people standing spouting cheesy things but that's par for the course, and at least on Subaru's side that self-rant was really pivotal. Think I liked this ep even more than the headroll one.

The vocal song at the end was great but what actually made me feel was the piano version of ED1 tbh.

And the title drop was uh...well it made me laugh so that's okay I guess.

Oh, I've seen it. The entirety of Oregairu is masterful character development, but ReZero 18 is simply something else. Too good.

Hype leads to fandom, fandom leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side. I get the whole rose-tinted glasses since it's brand spanking new, but you can't mean that. I mean, nothing actually happened yet in Re:Zero. He confessed his sins and Rem expressed why she admired him so much. It hasn't actually reached the "development" part yet aside from Subaru's 30 seconds of humility at the end of the episode. 

Also, Rod don't stop being my favorite!!!!!!

That episode killed me. I want to slap Subaru. Rem is best girl god damn. SHE HAS THEIR WHOLE FUTURE PLANNED LIKE OMFGG<KMSDNFK

Well I hope at least after all that Subaru starts to become more useful instead of being useless at every turn. It just hurt seeing how little he could help and how much he wants to.

[spoiler=19]There still a mystery yet unsolved. Those eaten by the white whale are erased from existence. This didn't seem to be the case before. May mean the white whale has gotten more powerful.

[spoiler=19]I thought the fog erased people from existence, not the whale itself. Would explain why people still remember the Master Swordsman, who might have fought the White Whale when the fog wasn't surrounding it.

Archived