[Finished]CC Monthly Series [April 2016][JUDGING]

Refer to this thread for any specific information regarding the policies of the CC Monthly. 

Theme

Make an "Ice Barrier" support card. 

Aside from the above, the rest of the card's design is left up to you. 
Make sure that you use realistic Types/Attributes, stats and above all, good card design while creating your card.

Helpful Threads

http://forum.yugiohc...before-posting/
http://forum.yugiohc...d-design-guide/
http://forum.yugiohc...ds-and-casuals/

Deadline

April 30th, 2016 @ 11:00 pm Hawaiʻi Standard Time (GMT -10:00)

If you need help determining what time it'll be in your area when deadline hits, use this converter.
(Select USA - Hawaii - Honolulu in the "convert to" area)

For your safety, I highly recommend that you turn in your entries when it reaches 11:00 pm in your respective timezones, to avoid confusion; unless you live in the Polynesian islands or another location between the dateline and Hawaiʻi (but I do not foresee this to occur).

Entry Fee

None, you just need to state your interest + provide an entry card with an appropriate explanation. 

Rules

1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by / follow them in this contest. 

2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; do not use the cardmaker to generate a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format. 

3. When posting a card, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for the judges to read your effect. Also make sure that you post it properly using the cardmaker (or any image host you may use).

4. You are allowed to make MINOR edits to your card until the deadline (such as OCG fixes, spelling and other small things), HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product. This means that you cannot completely change your card.

5. The usage of Fake Types / Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden. You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing 23 legal Types + 6 Attributes). Also remember to abide by the max. 5000 ATK/DEF rules for original stats.

(To make things fair, any TCG/OCG cards that are released after April 30th will NOT be factored into your grading)

Prizing

1st - 3000 points + 3 reps + membership in custom group for a month.
2nd - 2000 points + 2 reps
3rd - 1000 points + 1 rep

Additional prizes may be given out, if needed. 
Prizes listed here are subject to change, depending on number of entries and their quality.

Participants

• Donar
  • Chivalry
  • Archlight Lux
  • Soulfire
  • Zanda Panda
  • YugsterMajor
  • Yuuji
  • Gadjiltron

(If your name is bolded, you submitted an entry)

Judges

• Sakura

I will accept an extra member to help with the judging.

Please make sure you are competent enough to know what you're doing + provide your criteria if you opt not to use mine. I generally recommend same scales for comparative reasoning. 

Scoring

Please refer to the discussion thread for the standard rubric that will be used for this tournament. (Linked at top of thread; or stickied)

------
If you have any questions, either post in this thread or send me a PM. 

Best of luck to all participants.

I am expressing interest with intent to edit this post with my submitted card.

[spoiler=Entry]

Blade Dancer of the Ice Barrier | WATER
Level 4
Warrior/Effect
Once per turn, if you control another face-up "Ice Barrier" monster, you may send 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your hand to the Graveyard; this monster can attack your opponent directly until the End Phase. This monster gains 200 ATK and DEF for each "Ice Barrier" monster in your Graveyard.
1500/800

[spoiler=Notes]

I created this card mostly for early game advantage, allowing more targets to be revived by Gantala but also making it threatening enough to force the opponent to take their focus off of the main Ice Barriers engine.

Joining

[spoiler=Entry]

Protective Seal of the Ice Barrier

Spell / Continuous

The effects of "Ice Barrier" monsters in your possession cannot be negated. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Protective Seal of the Ice Barrier" per turn.

[spoiler=Design Notes]

Kept it simple and went for a Spell card. This card will make sure that Ice Barriers aren't stopped by Skill Drain or Soul Drain from swarming the field with Gantala and Prior or locking down your opponent. Second effect ensures that the Ice Barriers can have a decent hand advantage.

Sure, I'll join!

[spoiler=Mystic of the Ice Barrier]

oWEaSe1.png

Effect Monster, WATER, Aqua-Type, Tuner, Level 1, 1100ATK, 1300DEF

This card's effects can only be applied/resolve while all monsters you control are WATER monsters. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Add 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Mystic of the Ice Barrier". You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Mystic of the Ice Barrier" once per turn.

[spoiler=Notes]

I designed this card to give Ice Barriers a more consistent engine for Synchro Plays (which is what the deck should be known for), while allowing the engine to be more splashable into other Aqua-Type or WATER decks, since a majority of the monsters in this archetype do so as well. It makes One for One very powerful for the deck, which works alongside the rest of the discard engine for WATER monsters. Making this card a Level 1 Tuner enables the variety of levels to be used more effectively. It can technically loop with General Gantala of the Ice Barriers, but you would need 2 of this card in-grave to use this loop, considering it banishes itself to bring out the General from your hand. I originally considered this to be a Discard or Normal Summon effect, but the Special Summoning trigger for the search has overall better synergy with the archetype, and whichever decks the engine is splashed into. 

Give me a few days. I'm still out of the city, but I got a decent idea even if YM took the much needed search effect. =(

Here it is:

[spoiler=Entry'']HLJRpUl.jpeg

When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Ice Barrier" monster in your Graveyard, except "Progenitor of the Ice Barrier"; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Ice Barrier" Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Progenitor of the Ice Barrier" once per turn.

[spoiler=Explanation]

Since the direct Ice Barrier monster adding effect was already taken by YM, I decided to focus on another aspect for the Ice Barriers that would be very beneficial for the archetype; Special Summoning from the Graveyard. The main aim is to get out Defender for a Sync 7 or as a wall (hence the SS in face-up Defense Position), a different Tuner for other Synchros, or a Level 4 Ice Barrier for a generic Xyz.

The Ice Barrier fetch was only put in place for more options by choosing between a monster or a Spell, because they provide more outs for the player without worrying about running out of monsters in hand or playing slow as much as they used to before.I also added the limitation of this card not being able to target itself for the Graveyard SS in order to make it more fair.

Also, this card reinforces Synchro Summoning, which is why that I added the limitation of being sent from the field to the Graveyard in order to receive the add, as opposed to directly being sent to the Graveyard.

For the Rank 4 Xyz, it has a secondary usage by getting out Emeral so you can cycle back the used up and limited Ice Barrier Synchros, mainly Trishula and Dewloren.

...I hate double bumps, but need to make sure this stays up...

Probably not a good idea to have this tournament in light of two other ones existing at the same time (Postseason doesn't count, but it exists), or yeah, during final project month or something along those lines. Really should've started it earlier, but again, other event kept me delayed.

But yeah, if you haven't already submitted an entry or still want to jump in, reminder that the deadline is this Saturday.

ib-sage.png

[spoiler Card Text]

If you control an "Ice Barrier" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a WATER monster's effect: Draw 1 card. If this card is in your Graveyard, and an "Ice Barrier" monster you control would be destroyed, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead. You can only use each effect of "Sage of the Ice Barrier" once per turn.

[spoiler Design Notes]

So I looked around and noticed that a lot of Ice Barrier monsters are dependent on you having other Ice Barrier monsters up, and a lot of them sacrifice some hand advantage to apply their effects, without providing good means of replenishment. That, and very little S/T support, close to that of the Allies of Justice.

So this card is supposed to do enough things at once to at least push Ice Barriers into the lower tiers at least. First effect lets you SS her from the Graveyard (where you'd most likely see her, due to pitching her to Strategist) in order to get some monster support online. Second effect lets you maintain hand advantage if you pitch her to anything while giving you a +1 if you pitched her to Strategist. Third effect gives her a second job in your Graveyard by protecting your monsters so you keep the suppression active. Way too many of the IB monsters that have actually good effects can be smacked in the face with little effort.

The effect can each be used once per turn so you can get a good jump to Gungnir with some mileage on the side if you open with her and Strategist.

I probably should've started this one earlier, especially since the Easter event wouldn't have required me to actually grade stuff and there could certainly be overlap. But it's too late to really say that now.

Just need to try grading them quickly this time, though as it will be nearing finals, there may be some delay (not that I enjoy it). 

Frh07Lp.png?1

Conjurer of the Ice Barrier
Level 3 / WATER
Spellcaster / Tuner / Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Ice Barrier" monster from your hand. You can discard 1 WATER monster to target this card and another WATER monster in your Graveyard; banish both it and this card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your Deck whose Level equals the total Levels those 2 monsters had. You can only use this effect of "Conjurer of the Ice Barrier" once per turn.
1000 / 800

Also, yeah it's similar to Trebuchet MS's card. I had this made before he posted it, but that's just me saying it. Up to you to believe me or not for the judging.

Here we go.

[spoiler=Lofty as all hell:]XH788FT.jpg

Once per turn, if you do not have a Pendulum Card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can target 1 "Ice Barrier" monster in your Graveyard; Place it face-up in a Pendulum Zone you control. It is treated as a Pendulum Card with a Scale equal to its Level. If a face-up "Ice Barrier" monster you control is destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 other "Ice Barrier" card from your Pendulum Zone.

1 tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monster(s)

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target Spell/Trap Cards on the field, up to the number of synchro materials used to Summon this card; banish them. You can only activate the effect of "Amenonuhoko, Continent of the Ice Barrier" once per turn.  If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in an unoccupied Pendulum Zone on your side of the field.

Based off Amenonuhoko, mythical japanese spear of creation used by Izanagi and Izanami to raise the land.

Archived