Banlist Wants

I didn't know what to name the topic but anywho...

I really want Final Countdown and self-destruct button to be banned. Both cards are OP and I know they are limited but with enough Capsules, Gold Sarcophagus, and stall cards: you win the duel. With the self-destruct button, it seems like a very "I'm such a sore loser" type card. I feel the same way about Exodia, with enough capsules and Gold sarcophagus, you can get, at least, 4 and just have to wait for the one which is easy with stall cards. 

I know self-destruct button has a restriction: 

You can only activate this card when your Life Points are lower than your opponent's Life Points and the difference is 7000 points or more. Both player's Life Points become 0.

It still screams "I'm a sore loser!" Why even play if you're going to use such cards. 

Anyways, I don't know if this is the right one to put all this but Final Countdown, Exodia, and Self-destruct button needs to be banned.

So what you're saying is...you don't like alternate wincons. You don't like alternate wincons and decided to post a thread about banlist wishes involving them the very same month we got an official banlist.

As Dyson already stated, Self-Destruct Button has been banned for quite some time already. Final Countdown is pretty useless at one since you now need to draw one out of 40 cards just to start the timer to your alt wincon that was already pretty tough to pull off, so if you're losing to a Final Countdown deck in this day and age, I'm sorry but that's nobody's fault except yours; please reconsider your deck choices. I'm not even going to go over the topic of "Exodia should be banned because of stall cards" because that's not at all how you do Exodia decks. That said, Exodia decks only really work because of cards like Upstart Goblin (now limited) and Chicken Game (now banned) allowing the player to draw an insane amount of cards in one turn. If you're losing to an Exodia stall deck, again, that's nobody's fault except yours.

So yeah literally none of the cards you listed are a problem in any way. I generally avoid this section like the plague but I just couldn't keep quiet about this one.

So what you're saying is...you don't like alternate wincons. You don't like alternate wincons and decided to post a thread about banlist wishes involving them the very same month we got an official banlist.

As Dyson already stated, Self-Destruct Button has been banned for quite some time already. Final Countdown is pretty useless at one since you now need to draw one out of 40 cards just to start the timer to your alt wincon that was already pretty tough to pull off, so if you're losing to a Final Countdown deck in this day and age, I'm sorry but that's nobody's fault except yours; please reconsider your deck choices. I'm not even going to go over the topic of "Exodia should be banned because of stall cards" because that's not at all how you do Exodia decks. That said, Exodia decks only really work because of cards like Upstart Goblin (now limited) and Chicken Game (now banned) allowing the player to draw an insane amount of cards in one turn. If you're losing to an Exodia stall deck, again, that's nobody's fault except yours.

So yeah literally none of the cards you listed are a problem in any way. I generally avoid this section like the plague but I just couldn't keep quiet about this one.

How does one simply plan for a final countdown? You have to almost know that your opponent has the card (if they use Gold Sarcophagus, then you'll know) because its not like a mystical space typhoon can negate it.

And i havent lost to Final Countdown because Ive always beat them before 20 turns. I lost one time to it because the guy had clock tower (with 4 clock counters) and i used all the cards that couldve destroyed it so he won with 300 LP because i couldnt attack due to Clock Towers ability.

Final Countdown can be easy to get with Capsule or, if ur lucky, Gold Sarcophagus.

Im sorry about self-destruct button if it is. I only got back into YuGiOh (the tv series) about a year ago. A few months ago, i got into the actual game which has been 8-ish years since I seen the game.

Anyways, many cards make it fairly easy to get it so its more 2 - 5 out of 40 (depending on how many capsules you have and if you have Gold Sarcophagus (since it is limited)).

How does one simply plan for a final countdown? You have to almost know that your opponent has the card (if they use Gold Sarcophagus, then you'll know) because its not like a mystical space typhoon can negate it.

And i havent lost to Final Countdown because Ive always beat them before 20 turns. I lost one time to it because the guy had clock tower (with 4 clock counters) and i used all the cards that couldve destroyed it so he won with 300 LP because i couldnt attack due to Clock Towers ability.

Now see why would you think a card needs to be banned just because you don't know they have it until it's played, even though you've only lost to the card on one occasion? You don't know the wincon for my troll deck is Masked Chopper until it hits the field and I give it Moon Mirror Shield; should we ban those? Just because you don't plan specifically for a card doesn't make it banworthy, otherwise more or less every card would be banned by that logic. And that would just not be cool.

For the FCD thing, there is a deck that is shiit but you use FCD, Black Pteran, and Scrubbed raid to prevent attacks and stall forever, and in case opp wants to tt/mst/whatevs, there's imperial customs. It's honestly the most annoying thing in existence. Though I suppose the new banish MST takes care of this. Still, no fun to play against a FCD deck, and it being limited is good. 

Final Countdown can be easy to get with Capsule or, if ur lucky, Gold Sarcophagus.

Im sorry about self-destruct button if it is. I only got back into YuGiOh (the tv series) about a year ago. A few months ago, i got into the actual game which has been 8-ish years since I seen the game.

Anyways, many cards make it fairly easy to get it so its more 2 - 5 out of 40 (depending on how many capsules you have and if you have Gold Sarcophagus (since it is limited)).

are you trolling?

One simply plans for final countdown by running side deck to negate spell cards, which should be common logic due to Penduldumbs.

Heck, one simply plans for final countdown by using literally any removal or negation cards. Twin Twister kills back row long before Final Countdown is even halfway done, and cards like Ignister, Castel...in all honesty, what DOESN'T stop Final Countdown? 

What deck are you running, exactly? Your fascination with "unstoppable" cards seems like a fetish at this point.

Performapal Monkeyboard to 3 is what I want.

What? Never said it was a good move.

Bruh monkeyboard isn't even good you have to activate it in your pendulum scale and it's vulnerable to MST and Wavering Eyes

You know what you need? Destiny Hero Plasma. It is SO STRONG, has an OP effect that makes it so that you can't do ANYTHING, and you just need to tribute 3 monsters, not to Normal Summon, but SPECIAL SUMMon it. So good, dude, it's way too meta for me

I wish it were an inherent summon to out CDI but hey kaiju

...It is an inherent summon... ...and the send is cost, as well. It's an Extra Deck Kaiju that hits as much as it can and summons to your side. Its design, honestly, is incredibly, super bad and immediately devalues any boss monster that's a machine or a good field of machines despite whatever effort in may take. It's just a really stupid card that never should have been made.

...It is an inherent summon... ...and the send is cost, as well. It's an Extra Deck Kaiju that hits as much as it can and summons to your side. Its design, honestly, is incredibly, super bad and immediately devalues any boss monster that's a machine or a good field of machines despite whatever effort in may take. It's just a really stupid card that never should have been made.

Oh

In that case

Sweet

Self-Destruct Button is already banned, and has been for years.

What a liar, how am I banned?

I'd like all Shaddoll cards completely off the list because they won't make any impact in the meta anyway. They were powercreeped and would just be a rogue pick at best rn, maybe tier 2,5. (have good matchup against that weird BA stuff though!)

I'd like all Shaddoll cards completely off the list because they won't make any impact in the meta anyway. They were powercreeped and would just be a rogue pick at best rn, maybe tier 2,5. (have good matchup against that weird BA stuff though!)

not really, one of the shaddolls greatest assets is how well it blends with other decks. I have no doubt that if construct and el shaddoll fusion go back to 3 it would let the deck jump back to T1, or at least 1.5

there's a lot of other decks that have toys on the list that might move up a peg or two though.

no they weren't

at full power they would still be competent. Especially with the value of OG Fusion i ncertain matchups vs. the general absurd value of El-Shaddoll Fusion

Archived