Smyth Archetype [22 - ?] VYLON GENERATION 2!

mr. waifu

[spoiler=Monsters]

Judah, the Blacksmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

1600 / 300

Warrior / Effect

When this card is Summoned: You can search your Deck for 1 Equip Spell Card; add it to your hand. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. When this card is destroyed, and was equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s) at the time, you can target 1 "Smyth" monster you control: Equip the Equip Spell Card(s) that was equipped to this card to the selected monster.

Gad, the Ironsmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

1000 / 1000

Warrior / Effect

Every time an Equip Spell Card is activated, this card gains 400 ATK until the next End Phase. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. When this card is destroyed by battle, if it was equipped with an Equip Spell Card at the time: You can Special Summon it during the End Phase, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect once per turn.

Simeon, the Bronzesmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

1500 / 1000

Warrior / Effect

If you add an Equip Spell Card(s) from your Deck to hand while you have this card in your hand: You can Special Summon this card and equip the Equip Spell Card(s) to this card. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. If this card in the Graveyard: You can banish it from your Graveyard; add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Graveyard to hand.

Dan, the Sapphiresmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

1300 / 1900

Warrior / Effect

Once per turn, the first Equip Spell Card(s) that would be destroyed by a card effect, are not destroyed. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card.

Once per turn, you can target 1 "Smyth" monster, except "Dan, the Sapphiresmyth" in your Graveyard: Special Summon it, and if you do, destroy this card, also, equip any Equip Spell Cards that were equipped to this card to the Summoned monster.

Levi, the Tinsmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

1300 / 1500

Warrior / Effect

Your opponent can not target any "Smyth" monsters you control for attacks, except this card. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. If a "Smyth" monster would be destroyed, either by battle or by card effect, you can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target that monster: The targeted monster can not be destroyed this turn.

Issachar, the Diamondsmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

0 / 2000

Warrior / Effect

When this card is equipped with an Equip Spell Card, you can target 1 face-down Spell/Trap card on the field; destroy it. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. If a monster equipped with an Equip Spell Card you control attacks, your opponent can not activate effects until the end of the Damage Step.

Benjamin, the Silversmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

1200 / 1200

Warrior / Tuner / Effect

When this card is Equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s): You can shuffle the Equip Spell Card(s) into your Deck; add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to hand for every Equip Spell Card that was shuffled into the Deck. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. When a monster with an Equip Spell Card(s) is destroyed: You can equip its Equip Spell Card(s) to this card.

Reuben, the Goldsmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

1100 / 1650

Warrior / Tuner / Effect

Monsters equipped with Equip Spell Cards are unaffected by your opponent's card effects. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. When a Synchro monster is Synchro Summoned by using this card as 1 of the Synchro Materials: You can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

Asher, the Brassmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

300 / 300

Warrior / Flip / Tuner / Effect

FLIP: Add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to hand. Can not be destroyed the turn it was flipped face-up.

If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. When used as Synchro Material: Draw 1 card.

Zebulun, the Rubysmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

2000 / 0

Warrior / Tuner / Effect

Can not attack, unless if this card is equipped with an Equip Spell Card. When this card attacks, during the end of the Battle Phase, destroy any Equip Spell Cards that were equipped to this card. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. If this card attacks, change to defense position at the end of the Battle Phase.

Naphtali, the Emeraldsmyth

LIGHT

Level 3

1400 / 1600

Warrior / Tuner / Effect

When this card is used as Synchro Material, you can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to hand. If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), the Synchro Summoned monster is now equipped with the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card. Once, if this card was used as Synchro Material, you can Special Summon this card, and if you do, you can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, but this card can not be used as Synchro Material. Destroy this card during the End Phase.

[spoiler=Spells]

The Unity of the Anvil

Field Spell Card

Once per turn, you can discard 1 card: Add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to hand. Every time a monster with an Equip Spell Card is destroyed, you can place 1 Smyth Counter on this card. During your Standby Phase, you can remove a number of Smyth Counters from this card and activate 1 of these effects:

● 1 - Add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to hand.

● 2 - Add 1 "Smyth" card from your Deck to hand.

● 3 - Add 1 Equip Spell Card OR "Smyth" card from your Graveyard to hand.

If this card is destroyed, you can target 1 "Smyth" card in your Graveyard: Add it to your hand.

Smyth Lending

Quick-Play Spell Card

Target 1 Equip Spell Card you control and 1 monster you control: Equip the Equip Spell Card to the targeted monster.

The Loyal Sword of Smyths

Equip Spell Card

The equipped monster gains 600 ATK, unless if it is a "Smyth" monster, then it gains 1000 ATK instead. If this card would leave the field, once, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: Equip it to the selected monster, and if you do, it loses 600 ATK.

The Obedient Sword of Smyths

Equip Spell Card

Must first be equipped to 1 of your opponent's monsters. The equipped monster loses 600 ATK. If this card would leave the field, once, you can target 1 monster you control: Equip this card to the selected monster, and the equipped monster loses 600 ATK, unless if it is an "Smyth" monster, than it gains 600 ATK instead.

Great Iron Hammer of Smyth

Equip Spell Card

The equipped monster gains 600 ATK and DEF. If the equipped monster is a "Smyth" monster, it gains 1 of the following effects depending on the equipped monster's original ATK:

● 1500 or less: Once per turn, you can banish 1 "Smyth" monster from your Graveyard; add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

● More then 1500: If the equipped monster attacks, it gains 600 ATK until the end of the Damage Step. If it is attacked, it gains 400 ATK until the end of the Damage Step.

[spoiler=Traps]

Manasseh, the Oldest Smyth

Normal Trap Card

Target 1 monster you control: It gains 400 ATK for each Equip Spell Card equipped to it. If this card is in your Graveyard when an Equip Spell Card is activated, you can Special Summon this card as an Effect monster (Warrior Type/LIGHT/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1800). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), then equip the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card to the Synchro Summoned monster.

Ephraim, the Youngest Smyth

Normal Trap Card

Target 1 monster you control: It gains 200 ATK for each Equip Spell Card on the field. If this card is in your Graveyard when an Equip Spell Card is activated, you can Special Summon this card as an Effect monster (Warrior Type/Tuner/LIGHT/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1800). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If this card is used as Synchro Material while equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s), then equip the Equip Spell Card(s) that were equipped to this card to the Synchro Summoned monster.

Smyth Emergency Sword

Continuous Trap Card

Activate this card by targeting 1 "Smyth" monster you control: It gains 800 ATK. This card is treated as an Equip Spell Card while equipped with a monster. If the selected monster is destroyed, destroy this card.

Smyth Defense

Counter Trap Card

When your opponent activates an effect that would destroy a face-up Equip Spell Card you control: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Joseph, the Crystalsmyth

LIGHT

Level 6

2600 / 2600

Warrior / Synchro / Effect

1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuners

When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Graveyard to hand. When an Equip Spell Card is sent to the Graveyard: You can equip it to this card instead. When Synchro Summoned: You can change this card's original ATK to 3000, and if you do, your opponent can add up to 2 Equip Spell Cards from their Deck to hand. You can only activate this effect once per turn. When this card is sent to the Graveuard: You can shuffle as many Equip Spell Cards equipped to this card into your Deck as possible, and if you do, you can add Equip Spell Cards from your Deck to hand, equal to the number of Equip Spell cards that were shuffled into the Deck by this effect, except the shuffled cards.

Joseph, the Topazsmyth

LIGHT

Level 6

? / ?

Warrior / Fusion / Effect

2 "Smyth" monsters equipped with an Equip Spell Card(s)

Must be Fusion Summoned by Tributing with the above Fusion Materials (You do not use "Polymerization"). This card's original ATK and DEF are equal to the combined ATK and DEF of the 2 monsters used as this card's Fusion Materials. When an Equip Spell Card is activated, you can replace that Equip Spell Card's effect with this effect.

When this card is activated, you can target 1 monster on the field: Destroy it, then you can destroy this card; add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

You can only activate this effect once per turn.

Joseph, the Obsidiansmyth

LIGHT

Rank 3

1000 / 2000

Warrior / Xyz / Effect

2 or more level 3 LIGHT monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can target a number of Equip Spell Cards on the field: Equip them to this card. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material equipped to this card: Equip the detached Xyz Material to this card as an Equip Spell card. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the equipped monster's original ATK and DEF. While this card has no Xyz Material, you can not equip Equip Spell Cards to this card, except "Smyth" cards. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 Equip Spell Card equipped to this card instead.

Strategy: The strategy behind these cards is to power-up your monsters, and to know that you're not wasting your Equip Spell cards on weaker monsters, because they will just be passed down to another stronger monster.

Plz CnC!... So I can continue making more of these cards!

Okay. First, the grammar has some mistakes that even I can tell, so there are probably quite a few (which stops many people from reading, I guess?)... that aside, here's my 2 cents on your archetype:

Concept is solid. Monsters that make equip cards more usefull, in this case by benefiting of the activation and use of equip cards beyond the effect of those equip cards themselves, and furthermore allowing equip cards to be "passed on". Heavily reminds me of Vylon, which I liked quite a bit.

Quick look at the cards (will get into more detail if the card requires it/ you ask for it!):

(Please understand that I'm a newb, so I might be wiritng a bunch of nonsense.)

The following is disregarding OCG, and just focuses on the effect itself as I understand it to work.

Judah:

No problems as far as I can tell, good "no losses" card.

Gad:

Beatstick that can revive once. Seems alright.

Simeon:

Gets you an equip spell back, alright.

Levi:

While this card is face-up on the field, and a face-up "Smyth" monster would be targeted for an attack: You can change the attack target to this card, and if you do, equip the Equip Spell card(s) that were equipped to the original attack target to this card, during damage calculation only.

1) there is no "would be targeted". Your opponent, as the very first thing he does during an attack that would allow you to know that he will attack a smyth, designates a target. So he has already targeted. (At least, that's what seems logical to me)

2) How can one "Equip the equip spell card(s) ... during damage calculation only? What happens after that? Currently, this seems a bit too ambiguous

Benjamin:

Now, depending on what you intended to mean this card has quite different effects:

1) while this card is equipped with 1(!) equip spell card or

2) while this card is equipped with an equip spell card(s)

depending on the condition, the following effect would be along the lines of

1) place that card...

2) place one of those cards...

otherwise a decent toolboxer.

Reuben:

Monsters equipped with Equip Spell cards are unaffected by card effects (By choice)

you should clarify:

1) what are the choices

2) under what conditions can the choice be made

3) etc. (depending on what you actuall meant... this can be interpretted as many possible intended effects, so I wont try to go through all of them. please clarify.)

Joseph:

As long as that effect means:

1- Put equip spell cards that were equipped to this card into the deck (shuffle),

2- Add equip spell card(s) with different name(s) than the added cards from your deck to your hand, shuffle again.

It's alright, I guess (its the last part of the effect in "(...)" that kinda confuses me).

Another card that prevents loosing too many cards at once, which is the biggest problem for decks relying on equip cards.

The unity:

+x card that can be popped easily for a +1. Kay.

Loyal & obedient:

Welp, 600(/1000) atk buff. Kay.

Manasseh & Ephraim:

Takes up one slot of your S/T zone, which is a loss for a deck that wants as many equip spells out there as possible. May want to consider that. Otherwise, just a good way to quickly react to stuff.

Final thoughts:

A deck like this should have meaningfull, archetype-specific equip spells. So far there are only atk buffs, which is a shame IMO.

Otherwise: I like it.

(the following is just a small summary of how I undersstand it to work and some ideas you could add)

Lorewise Smyths FORGE equips, while others can use them... so my Idea for the rough structure of this archetype would be:

Smyth cards search and recycle equip cards and supprot each other indirectly by using equip cards. If they are destroyed/ used for a summon, some pass on the equips to another card. Those who do not have another effect to make up for it.

As they are meant to be buffed, their atk and def should be relatively weak.

Smyth specific Equip cards would have a normal effect, as well as one effect while equipped to a smyth monster.  That secondary effect may include things like: searching for other equip cards, returning equip cards to the deck, etc... with conditions/costs that balance of those effects.

An example would be a hammer that gives an atk boost, and if it is equipped to a smyth monster, you can "forge" (search your deck for) an equip spell card, "place condition or cost here" (example: the equiiped monster cannot attack during this turn/ discard one card/etc.)

There we go. I fixed the wording on some the cards. Also I changed Mannaseh and Ephraim to Pseudo-Trap cards, so that they won't fill up the Spell/Trap zones. Also, if you read Levi carefully, you will see that there is nothing wrong with its wording, although it could be better. Also I add 4 new cards, and 1 of them was based on what you said about "Forging" and "Lending". So what do you think?

Yea. You told me that a while ago, but during sometime, when you start an Archetype, you are generally going to expand. And that is what I've done. So I will keep this thread for people to look at so they might enjoy it, and if they enjoy it a lot, they might do a review. But either way, I won't give up on my Archetype. Also, I'm not done with the Archetype yet either. There are still a low number of Spell/Trap cards I own, also, a few more Extra Deck monsters would be nice as well.

Archived