Houkai/Cubic - All the cards in one place

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I decided that since all the Houkai/Cubic cards are spread out across multiple threads, I wanted to consolidate everything into one thread so everything can be seen at once.

Monsters:

Houkai Spawn Vijam

DARK *

Fiend/Effect

0/0

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be destroyed by battle. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battled an opponent's monster: You can place this card from the Monster Zone to your Spell & Trap Zone as a face-up Continuous Spell Card, and if you do, place 1 Houkai Counter on that opponent's monster. Monsters with Houkai Counters cannot attack, also their effects are negated. While this card is treated as a Continuous Spell Card by this card's effect: You can Special Summon this card.

Houkai Beast Dark Ganex

EARTH **

Beast/Effect

0/0

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 "Houkai" monster you control to the Graveyard. If Summoned this way, this card gains 1000 ATK. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target up to 2 copies of "Houkai Spawn Vijam" in your Graveyard; send this card to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon those targets, then you can add 1 "Houkai Beast Blade Garudia" from your Deck to your hand.

Houkai Beast Blade Garudia

FIRE ***

Beast/Effect

0/0

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 2 "Houkai" monsters you control to the Graveyard. If Summoned this way, this card gains 2000 ATK. This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target up to 3 copies of "Houkai Spawn Vijam" in your Graveyard; send this card to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon those targets, then you can add 1 "Houkai Super Beast Buster Gandhial" from your Deck to your hand.

Houkai Super Beast Buster Gandhial

LIGHT ****

Beast/Effect

0/0[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 3 "Houkai" monsters you control to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If Summoned this way, this card gains 3000 ATK. This card can make 3 attacks during each Battle Phase. If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card (by battle or card effect): You can target up to 3 "Houkai" monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon them, then you can add 1 "Houkai" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Houkai Emperor Geira Gale

WIND **

Fairy/Effect

0/0

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 "Houkai" monster you control to the Graveyard. If Summoned this way, this card gains 800 ATK. If this card is Special Summoned from the hand: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battled: You can target up to 2 copies of "Houkai Spawn Vijam" in your Graveyard; send this card to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon those targets, then you can add 1 "Houkai Emperor Vulcan Dragni" from your Deck to your hand.

Houkai Emperor Vulcan Dragni

FIRE ***

Fairy/Effect

0/0

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 2 "Houkai" monsters you control to the Graveyard. If Summoned this way, this card gains 1600 ATK. If this card is Special Summoned from the hand: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battled: You can target up to 3 copies of "Houkai Spawn Vijam" in your Graveyard; send this card to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon those targets, then you can add 1 "Houkai Super Emperor Indiora Death Bolt" from your Deck to your hand.

Houkai Super Emperor Indiora Death Bolt

LIGHT ****

Fairy/Effect

0/0

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 3 "Houkai" monsters you control to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If Summoned this way, this card gains 2400 ATK. If this card is Special Summoned from the hand: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent. If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card (by battle or card effect): You can target up to 3 "Houkai" monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon them, then you can add 1 "Houkai" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Meteor Houkai Device Duja

LIGHT ****

Machine/Effect

1600/1600

[spoiler=Lore]If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "Houkai" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if a monster was sent to your Graveyard this turn while you controlled this face-up card: You can make this card gain 200 ATK for each monster with a different name in your Graveyard, until the end of this turn.

Dark Houkai Deity Crimson Nova

DARK 10*

Fiend/Effect

3000/0

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by revealing 3 other "Houkai" cards with different names in your hand, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card is unaffected by activated effects from any other monster whose original ATK is 3000 or less. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can activate this effect; this card can make a second attack during this Battle Phase. During your End Phase: Inflict 3000 damage to both players. You can only use this effect of "Dark Houkai Deity Crimson Nova" once per turn.

Dark Houkai Wicked Deity Crimson Nova Trinity

DARK 10*

Fiend/Fusion/Effect

4500/3000

[spoiler=Lore]"Dark Houkai Deity Crimson Nova" + "Dark Houkai Deity Crimson Nova" + "Dark Houkai Deity Crimson Nova"
Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. If this card declares an attack: Halve your opponent's LP. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can activate this effect; this card can make a second attack during this Battle Phase. If you take effect damage: Inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent.

Spells:

Houkai Aura

Normal Spell

[spoiler=Lore]Target 1 "Houkai" monster you control and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; the first target's ATK becomes double its current ATK, and if it does, the second target's ATK becomes half its current ATK. You can banish this card and any number of "Houkai" monsters from your Graveyard, then target that many face-up monsters your opponent controls; place 1 Houkai Counter on each of those monsters. Monsters with Houkai Counters cannot attack, also their effects are negated.

Houkai Karma

Continuous Spell

[spoiler=Lore]When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Houkai" monster you control, except "Houkai Spawn Vijam"; send any number of "Houkai Spawn Vijam" from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, then that target gains 800 ATK for each monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect. During your opponent's turn, if "Houkai Spawn Vijam" is Special Summoned by a "Houkai" monster's effect: Send this card to the Graveyard, and if you do, halve your opponent's LP. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Houkai" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Traps:

Houkai Combination

Normal Trap

[spoiler=Lore]Fusion Summon 1 "Houkai" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Materials. If a face-up "Houkai" monster is destroyed by battle, or leaves the field: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Houkai" monster from your hand or Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, and if you do, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect this turn.

Houkai Reincarnation

Normal Trap

[spoiler=Lore]When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: Target the attacking monster; your opponent Special Summons as many monsters as possible with the same name as that monster from their hand, Deck, and Graveyard in Attack Position, and if they do, change the ATK of that target and the monsters Special Summoned by this effect to 0, also place 1 Houkai Counter on each of those monsters. Monsters with Houkai Counters cannot attack, also their effects are negated. Then, Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Houkai" monster from your hand, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Houkai Mandala

Continuous Trap

[spoiler=Lore]If you control a "Houkai" monster: Activate this card by targeting any number of monsters in your opponent's Graveyard that were destroyed and sent there this turn; Special Summon them to your opponent's field, but their ATK becomes 0, also place 1 Houkai Counter on each of those monsters. Monsters with Houkai Counters cannot attack, also their effects are negated. While your opponent controls those monsters, negate any effect activated by a monster in your opponent's possession. When all those monsters leave the field, destroy this card.

Thoughts:

STRENGTHS:

• This is an extremely combo-centric archetype that appears to excel at battle shenanigans.
  • The key to the deck, Vijam, is ok both on the field and in the grave (thanks to the other members).  Its level and Attribute also make it (relatively) easy to field/mill using outside techs like One for One and Armageddon Knight.

WEAKNESSES:

• Due to the nature of how they work, though they may appear to be a swarming archetype, in truth they probably only stick to one/two monsters on the field at a time making them very susceptible to any kind of removal.
  • Like all combo-centric decks, these guys cannot handle effect negation and floodgates well.
  • They need substantial setup and are overly reliant on Karma, Device Duja, and (to a lesser extent in the beginning), Vijam to even get started.

Possible card suggestions?

• Armageddon Knight - Can send Vijam to the grave and it opens up use for Zephyros.
  • Summoner Monk - Grabs Duja early and sets up R4.  It can also be used in conjunction with Arma Knight and can throw away extra Karmas after the first turn.
  • Reptilianne Vaskii - Just a thought more than anything.  If you happened to have extra Vijam on the field, this can play out as a decent boss monster.
  • D-HERO Plasma - Similar boat as Vaskii.  This is a nice boss that has similar summoning conditions as the level 4s, but is generally a much better go-to and isn't restricted by tributing only Houkai monsters.
  • Black Garden - Since these guys have 0 original ATK, the halving won't matter.  Also, since they are so reliant on battle destruction, this can provide the fodder for them to run over.
  • CotH, Oasis, Powerful Rebirth, Soul Charge - For the infinite recurring of Vijam and Device Duja.  Nearly all the Houkai Spells/Traps have grave effects and Device can load them into the Grave.

May I suggest Summoner Monk and E-HERO Prisma? The former helps bring out Duja and the latter, who can copy the boss monster and thus serve as fodder for the other Cubics if you don't have Duja or Vijam available.

Also, ironically enough, after Vijam and Duja, Crimson Nova is the easiest one to bring out AND the most powerful of them, so focusing your build on it may be the wisest choice.

EDIT: Also, I'd strongly recommend you focused on either the Beasts or the Emperors, never the two at the same, otherwise your build will be much more inconsistent.

May I suggest Summoner Monk and E-HERO Prisma? The former helps bring out Duja and the latter, who can copy the boss monster and thus serve as fodder for the other Cubics if you don't have Duja or Vijam available.

Also, ironically enough, after Vijam and Duja, Crimson Nova is the easiest one to bring out AND the most powerful of them, so focusing your build on it may be the wisest choice.

EDIT: Also, I'd strongly recommend you focused on either the Beasts or the Emperors, never the two at the same, otherwise your build will be much more inconsistent.

Heh, I was literally just fooling around with 'em on ygopro.  'Pro doesn't have their S/T lineup yet so the deck was very rudimentary, but I found your comments to be very accurate.  I actually was running Summoner Monk and I considered Prisma as a better 3 tribute boss than the level 4s, but decided not to since they brick enough as-is.  I will put 'em up in the OP though, thanks!

On another note, I'm not as sure about Black Garden anymore.  I didn't realize the ATK halving occurred after they set their own ATK so it doesn't alleviate the difficulty of running over monsters at all, which was the main point.

Heh, I was literally just fooling around with 'em on ygopro.  'Pro doesn't have their S/T lineup yet so the deck was very rudimentary, but I found your comments to be very accurate.  I actually was running Summoner Monk and I considered Prisma as a better 3 tribute boss than the level 4s, but decided not to since they brick enough as-is.  I will put 'em up in the OP though, thanks!

On another note, I'm not as sure about Black Garden anymore.  I didn't realize the ATK halving occurred after they set their own ATK so it doesn't alleviate the difficulty of running over monsters at all, which was the main point.

Maybe that's due to an error in Pro's programming, since both Black Garden and the Houkai ATK gaining effects are mandatory and belong to you, you should theoretically be able to choose which goes off first (BTW, you should place the Houkai as Chain Link 1 and Garden as Link 2, so that the Houkai's effect resolves last and you gain full boost). Have you tried unchecking the Auto Chain Order option on your Settings tab?

EDIT: As a side note, Black Garden's last effect can be used to revive a Duja should there be 2 Rose Tokens on the field :)

Maybe that's due to an error in Pro's programming, since both Black Garden and the Houkai ATK gaining effects are mandatory and belong to you, you should theoretically be able to choose which goes off first (BTW, you should place the Houkai as Chain Link 1 and Garden as Link 2, so that the Houkai's effect resolves last and you gain full boost). Have you tried unchecking the Auto Chain Order option on your Settings tab?

EDIT: As a side note, Black Garden's last effect can be used to revive a Duja should there be 2 Rose Tokens on the field :)

Yeah, I think it's the programming for now. When I summon one of the Beasts, it already has its ATK value at the "gained" amount.

You know, I keep forgetting about BG's recovery effect. That's actually really nice!

I don't know if it's because, as of this posting, I've been up for about 20 hours, but I cannot, for the life of me, wrap my head around how this deck is supposed to work.

Don't worry, it isn't you. These guys are pretty confusing because they really aren't cohesive at all. The Beasts only "support" the Beasts, the Emperors only "support" the Emperors, and Vijam/Duja/Crimson Nova really don't support anything in particular.

The basic structure is you field Vijam(s) as soon as possible and dump any others into the Graveyard so that the Emperors/Beasts can loop 'em.

After testing for a while, I can tell we definitely need a way to abuse Cubic Combination's secondary effect more, along with the Level 4 Nomi Cubic monsters; their floating effect is highly valuable, and they can also be used to as Xyz Materials for a Rank 4 along with Duja, Monk and Prisma. Problem is dumping the trap in the Graveyard aside from Duja. I could probably use Twin Twister to take advantage of dead copies of the Super Cubics and Combination, but...

So I've had lots of fun with the deck now that it's got its Spells and Traps.  However, I've noticed that I almost always have at least 2 Cubic monsters on the field at one time.  It feels like the level 2 Cubics are fairly useless and changed my build accordingly to remove the 2s and to Cubic Combination as much as possible.

Speaking of which... you're right: Cubic Combination is completely bonkers in conjunction with the Super monsters, especially if you have 2 or more Duja you're reviving.

Karma is also significantly useful and Aura has helped occasionally.  I haven't bothered with the other Spells/Traps yet but I think I might have enough info to come up with a possible playstyle decklist for the OP.

So I've had lots of fun with the deck now that it's got its Spells and Traps.  However, I've noticed that I almost always have at least 2 Cubic monsters on the field at one time.  It feels like the level 2 Cubics are fairly useless and changed my build accordingly to remove the 2s and to Cubic Combination as much as possible.

Speaking of which... you're right: Cubic Combination is completely bonkers in conjunction with the Super monsters, especially if you have 2 or more Duja you're reviving.

Karma is also significantly useful and Aura has helped occasionally.  I haven't bothered with the other Spells/Traps yet but I think I might have enough info to come up with a possible playstyle decklist for the OP.

I dont run low level Cubic (except Vijam), only level 4, since it has massive float eff.

Combi is good, making Cubic float, then you need Duja (the easiest way to summon) or maybe Crimson Nova.

Duja can dump Combi, yes . . . . Burgesstoma Marrella can do the job too, so yea, i prefer to dump Karma w/ Duja then search Crimson Nova instead of Combi (unless you have set-up of many many Vijam in your grave, so Combi float into Level 4 Cubic, then float again to 3 Vijam).

Karma is rather stoopid, no OPT clause on grave banish eff, you can search almost infinitely if you have something like Omega-ish eff that return banished card to grave, WAIT! we have one, Burgesstoma Leanchoilla, now now Marrella to dump Combi, and Leanchoilla for returning Karma to grave, to search what? of course 2nd Crimson Nova~

And so far, i think Cubic leaning into some OTK plays, Duja + Karma makes 4000+ ATK, my record goes to Crimson Nova + Karma + Aura = 10800 ATK, double attacker and 3000 burn, thats insane tbh.

So far, Crimson Nova Turbo + Burgs is the only "less cloggy" build and has much better play i think, and its just revolve around digging your Deck and keep searching Crimson Nova for game.

Hey, could you guys take a look at my current build? I'm not feeling completely satisfied with it, so I'm looking for suggestions:

sRqwP0n.jpg

Note: the 2 Traps apart from Combination are 2 copies of the Burgesstoma that sends a Trap from the Deck to the Grave and 3 of the one that returns banished cards there.

Hmm... I'm not sure.  My build is a TON more oriented around Duja than yours is.  Do you know what are you trying to achieve with this?  It seems you have quite a lot of in-deck effort to summon the fusion, but it doesn't actually look like the deck's focus either...

No, I'm not trying to summon the Fusion XD. The only reason I run it is to make use of Prisma, who can turn into another NSable Cubic monster compatible with their support. TBH, I don't know exactly what direction I want to go with this build, I just picked up some ideas from this thread and mashed them all together XD

Fiends and fairies? Where is the Sky Scrouge Norleras? :T

How are you supposed to get in a dramatic scene that relies on one draw without him? (spoiler: you draw the level 2 emperor that you can't summon >:D )

Heh, honestly never thought of that, but these guys really prefer to keep their stuff in grave.

Amusingly, I've played quite a few games where my move is completely reliant on a topdeck to win.  ...It's almost always worked.

Heh, honestly never thought of that, but these guys really prefer to keep their stuff in grave.

Amusingly, I've played quite a few games where my move is completely reliant on a topdeck to win. ...It's almost always worked.

You could just add Burial from a Different Dimension or Different Dimension Reincarnation. Besides, in the deck that Pchi is using, he has the Burgesstoma Leanchoilia which can return a banished card to the graveyard.

Another idea, though I don't know if it would be the greatest, is Phantom of Chaos. Since most of the Cubics require a Cubic to be tributed for them to be summoned, you could use it to steal the name of a Cubic for tributing, or copy Crimson Nova to bring out the fused Crimson Nova, or use it as payment for Norleras. It's a banishing effect again though...

Book of Moon, Curse of the Fiend, Card Rotator, or some other card that changes the Battle Positions of monsters might also be good, especially for the Emperor "mini-archetype" of Cubics, but only if you're planning on using the level 2's and 3's. Since the Emperors need to survive the damage step in order to get their effect, something that switches monsters to defense will help them use their effect, since they won't get destroyed if the monster they're attacking is in defense position.

For the beasts or for a combination of the two, you would want to use a lot of Karmas and cards that boost your attack or lower your opponent's attack, but against something that has low attack or defense, lets say archfiends, the cards that I mentioned in the last section may be somewhat useful

EDIT: Or come in with Crimson Nova effect for game, or copy Norleras's effect and topdeck something good (continuation for the uses of Phantom of Chaos)

So, I made some major changes on my build:

yKuHZrQ.jpg

Ditched all Prismas in favor of more copies of Twin Twisters and the Trap-dumping Burgesstoma, as well as 1 copy of the new Swords of Revealing Light Trap to be another target for the latter. Do you think I should raise the amount of Super Cubic copies up? Do you have other monsters to recommend for my build? BTW, I left 1 copy of the Fusion in my Extra just in case, even after dumping Prisma.

Well, it's really up to you. However, since your Deck seems much more focused on milking Combination for all its worth, you might wanna bump up the number of targets. My deck has Combination at 2 with no way of returning it, but I still run 3 Super Beast and 2 Super Emperor.

As for monsters, I guess you can use a level 4 tuner so that you have access to Omega for disruption/more banish recycling? Raiden feels particularly useful here while Masked Chameleon can give access to 5ynch off of Vijam.

Archived