Hello, fine peoples!
I decided that since all the Houkai/Cubic cards are spread out across multiple threads, I wanted to consolidate everything into one thread so everything can be seen at once.
Houkai Spawn Vijam
Houkai Beast Dark Ganex
Houkai Beast Blade Garudia
Houkai Super Beast Buster Gandhial
Houkai Emperor Geira Gale
Houkai Emperor Vulcan Dragni
Houkai Super Emperor Indiora Death Bolt
Meteor Houkai Device Duja
Dark Houkai Deity Crimson Nova
Dark Houkai Wicked Deity Crimson Nova Trinity
- This is an extremely combo-centric archetype that appears to excel at battle shenanigans.
- The key to the deck, Vijam, is ok both on the field and in the grave (thanks to the other members). Its level and Attribute also make it (relatively) easy to field/mill using outside techs like One for One and Armageddon Knight.
- Due to the nature of how they work, though they may appear to be a swarming archetype, in truth they probably only stick to one/two monsters on the field at a time making them very susceptible to any kind of removal.
- Like all combo-centric decks, these guys cannot handle effect negation and floodgates well.
- They need substantial setup and are overly reliant on Karma, Device Duja, and (to a lesser extent in the beginning), Vijam to even get started.
Possible card suggestions?
- Armageddon Knight - Can send Vijam to the grave and it opens up use for Zephyros.
- Summoner Monk - Grabs Duja early and sets up R4. It can also be used in conjunction with Arma Knight and can throw away extra Karmas after the first turn.
- Reptilianne Vaskii - Just a thought more than anything. If you happened to have extra Vijam on the field, this can play out as a decent boss monster.
- D-HERO Plasma - Similar boat as Vaskii. This is a nice boss that has similar summoning conditions as the level 4s, but is generally a much better go-to and isn't restricted by tributing only Houkai monsters.
- Black Garden - Since these guys have 0 original ATK, the halving won't matter. Also, since they are so reliant on battle destruction, this can provide the fodder for them to run over.
- CotH, Oasis, Powerful Rebirth, Soul Charge - For the infinite recurring of Vijam and Device Duja. Nearly all the Houkai Spells/Traps have grave effects and Device can load them into the Grave.