[AR] Necrocasters: Let's Shuffle! (7/?)

Major's Shadow

Updates:

4/21/16 - Archetype Released!

4/25/16 - Cards Updated:

*Aerith and Gorron now only have their Graveyard effects as a hard OPT.

*Undead Spawn now can target itself for its banish effect, but you must only control "Necrocaster" monsters.

*Perfected Lord now has a OPT detach 1 effect to search and shuffle, so it generates advantage if its left on the board for another turn.

Artist Credit:

Samarskiy: http://samarskiy.deviantart.com/

What is [AR]?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AR stands for Archetype Restoration, which is just a fancy way of saying I'll be re-doing many of my previous creations. My previous works were all designed for DP (Duel Portal), and since those times, I have grown significantly in my understanding of OCG, Card Design, and Balance. I wanted to implement those ideas into new, fully recreated archetypes that take the original concepts of my previous decks to new levels. A lot of work is put into these archetypes, so I hope you all enjoy these, and as always, I'm open to feedback.

Original Archetype: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/329972-archetype-necrovanyia-zombie-type-deck-shuffle-ba-satella/

[spoiler=|AR| Archetypes]

Necrocaster

More Coming Soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[spoiler=Monsters (5)]

[spoiler=Aerith, the Conjuring Necrocaster]kUK0UCD.png

DARK, Spellcaster, Level 5, ATK 2000, DEF 1600

During either player's turn, if a card(s) is shuffled into the Main Deck: You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard), also banish it when it leaves the field. You may only activate this effect once per chain. You can discard this card; send 1 "Necrocaster" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 card in either player's Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck. You may only activate this effect of "Aerith, The Conjuring Necrocasterr" once per turn.

[spoiler=Gorron, the Soaring Necrocaster]BvZBWew.png

DARK, Spellcaster, Level 5, ATK 1600, DEF 2100

During either player's turn, if a card(s) is shuffled into the Main Deck: You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard), also banish it when it leaves the field. You may only activate this effect once per chain. You can discard this card; add 1 "Ritual Castle of the Necrocasters" from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card (from your Graveyard), then target 1 other banished card; send that target to the Graveyard. You may only activate this effect of "Gorron, The Soaring Necrocaster" once per turn.

[spoiler=Arisen Warlock of the Necrocasters]Kfeqj4H.png

DARK, Zombie, Level 4, ATK 1600, DEF 1200

During either player's turn, if a card(s) is shuffled into the Main Deck: You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard), also banish it when it leaves the field. You may only activate this effect once per chain. You can target 1 monster you control and 1 Set card your opponent controls; Tribute the first target, then banish the second target. You may only activate this effect of "Arisen Warlock of The Necrocasters" once per turn.

[spoiler=Undead Spawn of the Necrocasters]oxPzyyF.png

DARK, Zombie, Level 4, ATK 1700, DEF 1100

During either player's turn, if a card(s) is shuffled into the Main Deck: You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard), also banish it when it leaves the field. You may only activate this effect once per chain. During your Main Phase, if all monsters you currently control have "Necrocaster" in its name: You can target 1  Zombie-Type monster you control and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Tribute the first target, then banish the second target. You may only activate this effect of "Undead Spawn of The Necrocasters" once per turn.

[spoiler=The Perfected Lord Necrocaster]09aHXN5.png

DARK, Zombie, Rank 4, ATK 2100, DEF 1000

2 Level 4 Zombie-Type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card, using 2 "Necrovanyia" monsters of any level you control as the Xyz Materials. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Add 1 "Necrovanyia" monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck. During either player's turn, if a card(s) is shuffled into the Main Deck: You can target 1 Zombie-type monster you control; this turn, it gains 800ATK and is unaffected by an opponent's trap effects. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 of your banished Zombie-Type monsters; shuffle it into the Deck. You may only activate each effect of "The Perfected Lord Necrocaster" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spells (2)]

[spoiler=Ritual Castle of the Necrocasters]K4cVaI3.png

Field Spell

You can discard 1 "Necrocaster" card; send 1 "Necrocaster" card from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card. If you Normal or Special Summon a "Necrocaster" monster(s) (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 card in either player's Graveyard or that is banished; shuffle it into the Deck. If this card in the Field Spell Zone is destroyed by an opponent's card effect, You can apply this effect: each player chooses 1 card in their hand, and shuffles it into the Deck (if possible). You may only activate each effect of "Ritual Castle of The Necrocasters" once per turn.

[spoiler=Necrocaster Ritual]Q4PsmJN.png

Normal Spell

Excavate the top 4 cards of your Deck. Send any cards with "Necrocaster" in its name to the Graveyard, and if you do, shuffle the remaining cards into the Deck. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card (from your Graveyard), then target 1 "Necrocaster" Spell/Trap card in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck. You may only activate 1 effect of "Necrocaster Ritual" per turn, and only once that turn.

Kk, Dr. Yuuji giving a deep analysis now of this archetype from he morgue.

Aerith: Reading the first card, it seems that this archetype focuses on shuffling cards (from anywhere) into the Deck would trigger their effects. I'm confused at the part of "You can only activate this effect once per chain" because it already has a hard OPT for each of its effects. There's really nothing wrong with the card in general; the Foolish Burial effect is limited to the archetype, and it's Infernoid-like banishing to trigger effect doesn't break the game either. Besides, you already did hard OPT everything, so it should be fine.

Gorron: Again, confused at the part of the once per chain, but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it either. Discarding for a Ritual Spell sounds interesting for the archetype, and this card cycles banished Necrocasters (Or possibly kill Omega and/or re-use S/T's hat require banishing). Everything is also hard OPT'ed, so there doesn't appear to be any abuse here.

Warlock: Ditto about the whole "once per chain" thing. I feel that this card would be used more for the discard and add for the Ritual Spell Field Spell as opposed to using the secondary effect of tribute and banish. The reason for this is that it's a rather slow effect, and could cost you dearly if you tribute another monster and your opponent Solemn Strikes; getting rid of two of your monsters at once. Granted, they can return themselves from the Graveyard with their first effect, but it'll suck if they have already returned a first time. Then again, there is Imperial Iron Wall. =x

EDIT: I read warlock wrong. Must've confused part of its effect with Gorron, my bad.

Spawn: You posted the written effects of Warlock for this, just to point that out; I read the effect off the pictured card instead. The tribute for a targeting banish is fine, as everything is limited to a hard OPT. 

Lord: A lot of effects... The problem with this card that it does not detach any Xyz Materials to use its effects, and the fact that it isn't a Xyz Normal Monster. Aside from that, it seems fine, although you might want to re-arrange the effects because having an Xyz Material that can use its effects without any detach costs makes it somewhat of a turn-off.

Castle: Normally, this card should be fine as it is archetype restricted, but Imperial Iron Wall in this Deck could lead to some endless cycling of monsters. I'm not sure if there's some kind of devastating loop here. I know that the effects are all hard OPT'ed, but with the float effect of these cards being somewhat easy to fulfill, it might be problematic if you can keep bringing them back every turn, even if you use them as Materials for Extra Deck Summons. Maybe take away the SS to fulfill the first shuffling effect, and limit it to NS only. Not 100% sure of this card, though.

Ritual: This card is also devastating because it is a re-usable x2 shuffle that triggers the monsters' effects. It's not really problematic at the moment, but if you add more support, it might cause some unfair combos with Imperial Iron Wall. If you remember how the Performages worked, like Plushfire and Juggler, they were also limited to a hard OPT, but their effects were devastating. I'm not 100% sure if this archetype is heading down the same path, but you might want to consider that they could have nearly endless cycling if Imperial Iron Wall is face-up on the field.

Kk, Dr. Yuuji giving a deep analysis now of this archetype from he morgue.

Aerith: Reading the first card, it seems that this archetype focuses on shuffling cards (from anywhere) into the Deck would trigger their effects. I'm confused at the part of "You can only activate this effect once per chain" because it already has a hard OPT for each of its effects. There's really nothing wrong with the card in general; the Foolish Burial effect is limited to the archetype, and it's Infernoid-like banishing to trigger effect doesn't break the game either. Besides, you already did hard OPT everything, so it should be fine.

Gorron: Again, confused at the part of the once per chain, but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it either. Discarding for a Ritual Spell sounds interesting for the archetype, and this card cycles banished Necrocasters (Or possibly kill Omega and/or re-use S/T's hat require banishing). Everything is also hard OPT'ed, so there doesn't appear to be any abuse here.

Warlock: Ditto about the whole "once per chain" thing. I feel that this card would be used more for the discard and add for the Ritual Spell Field Spell as opposed to using the secondary effect of tribute and banish. The reason for this is that it's a rather slow effect, and could cost you dearly if you tribute another monster and your opponent Solemn Strikes; getting rid of two of your monsters at once. Granted, they can return themselves from the Graveyard with their first effect, but it'll suck if they have already returned a first time. Then again, there is Imperial Iron Wall. =x

Spawn: You posted the written effects of Warlock for this, just to point that out; I read the effect off the pictured card instead. The tribute for a targeting banish is fine, as everything is limited to a hard OPT. 

Lord: A lot of effects... The problem with this card that it does not detach any Xyz Materials to use its effects, and the fact that it isn't a Xyz Normal Monster. Aside from that, it seems fine, although you might want to re-arrange the effects because having an Xyz Material that can use its effects without any detach costs makes it somewhat of a turn-off.

Castle: Normally, this card should be fine as it is archetype restricted, but Imperial Iron Wall in this Deck could lead to some endless cycling of monsters. I'm not sure if there's some kind of devastating loop here. I know that the effects are all hard OPT'ed, but with the float effect of these cards being somewhat easy to fulfill, it might be problematic if you can keep bringing them back every turn, even if you use them as Materials for Extra Deck Summons. Maybe take away the SS to fulfill the first shuffling effect, and limit it to NS only. Not 100% sure of this card, though.

Ritual: This card is also devastating because it is a re-usable x2 shuffle that triggers the monsters' effects. It's not really problematic at the moment, but if you add more support, it might cause some unfair combos with Imperial Iron Wall. If you remember how the Performages worked, like Plushfire and Juggler, they were also limited to a hard OPT, but their effects were devastating. I'm not 100% sure if this archetype is heading down the same path, but you might want to consider that they could have nearly endless cycling if Imperial Iron Wall is face-up on the field.

Thanks for spotting me the review Yuuji! I made some tweaks based on the feedback (like forgetting the detach effect on the Xyz, oops), so let me cover the points you made with some witty retorts:

Changes Made:

*Aerith and Gorron now only have their Graveyard effects as a hard OPT.

*Undead Spawn now can target itself for its banish effect, but you must only control "Necrocaster" monsters.

*Perfected Lord now has a OPT detach 1 effect to search and shuffle, so it generates advantage if its left on the board for another turn.

Witty Retorts (General):

*The Once per Chain clause was to prevent multiple monsters from activating in-grave, considering they don't have an OPT on their own names, only a Once per Chain on the effect of SSing in-general. This allows your opponent direct responses to the activation of their effects, rather than activating multiples in the same chain.

*I'm confident the deck wouldn't go out of control, considering you're required to have more triggers available in order to make plays. Iron Wall would also hurt in a way, considering you can't trigger the grave effects of 3 cards in the archetype, allowing you to generate more resources.

Witty Retorts (Specific):

*Gorron: It doesn't search for a ritual spell, it searches for a Field Spell. Just thought I'd put that out there, since it isn't in the deck (yet, maybe).

*Warlock: Not really sure where you got the adding effect for the Field Spell, since only Gorron can do that. Also, targeting is the cost, not banishing.

*Lord: Went ahead and fixed that, thanks btw.

*Castle & Ritual: These might get out of hand, but I'd need to put it through some testing to see. For now, it's relatively tame, but I still appreciate the concern.

Archived