Cattle Calling

1461292069844.jpg?resize=204%2C300&ssl=1

Cattle Calling
Quick-Play Spell Card
Send 1 face-up monster you control whose Original Type is Beast, Beast-Warrior or Winged-Beast; Special Summon 1 monster with the same Original Type from your Extra Deck, but it cannot attack, its effects are negated, and it is destroyed during the End Phase. You can only activate 1 “Cattle Calling” per turn.

There's two uses for this card:

1. Use it to avoid effects or attacks to dodge immediate losses and/or damage. Not ideal, and there are better options to avoid these situations.

2. Cheap summons for Lunalights to make their ladder summons easier on the wallet and in terms of consistency.

That's kinda it. Really meh pack filler and not much else to say.

Oh man, I was only looking at Fusions. Allow me to add more to my statement because there's actually a fair amount you can do with this card.

3. Add some immediate ease to Accel and Delta Accel Synchro Summons by making an additional material easier to get out without using a tuner. Could be useful for Crystal Wing summons, for example.

4. Makes summoning certain Fusion Monsters that require Extra Deck materials that happen to be Beasts *cough*Naturia*cough* by allowing you to get materials out at a cheaper and faster rate

5. RUM plays

So yeah; it's not immediately useful for the monster you're summoning, but it's definitely useful for combos and ladder summons.

Now, if only we can Rank-Up Sandayu to something good...

I guess Downerd Magician doesn't count as good. Or you could Summon Greedy Sarameya/Leo Arms and overlay Gaia Dragoons over it.

You could also be pro and tech it in Beast-Warrior decks to Summon Hyades/Omega and then overlay Constellar Ptolemy over it.

Anyway, I really wish this card allowed the Summoned monster to attack for sweet attack pushes during the Battle Phase, but sadly it doesn't.

Because of its Summon-from-ED nature, it should be safe to say this is one of those cards with the likelihood of enabling strong, if not broken, plays in the future. Or who knows, someone could find a way of abusing it right way. I mean, this card really opens a lot of possibilities with Beast, Beast-Warriors and Winged Beasts, specially if either the Tributed or Summoned monsters float or otherwise refund you, turning the use of this card feasible.

Makes summoning certain Fusion Monsters that require Extra Deck materials that happen to be Beasts

Times like this, I really wish Earth Hex had a decent means of searching it/getting it to the field.

Obedience Schooled to grab all your stuff.

Play This to turn 1 of them into Naturia Beast.

Normal Earth Hex and make Exterio.

Use the other 2 Beasts to make 64

64 makes a Token of Exterio.

Wait, so if you use this to summon Ulti Falcon does falcon remain face up?  Cuz it's unaffected by everything?

That's kinda stupid

Honestly, I doubt it.  It's kinda like summoning Zushin off of A Wild Monster Appears.  It still gets sent back to the deck during the opponent's End Phase.

First thing I thought about was using Master of Oz + Dark Dragon (Kinka Byo combo) to make a Beast-Eyes that can burn for 4200, but this can also potentially make Diamond Dire Wolf into a RUM stepping stone.

Whatever its use ultimately becomes, outside of maybe Lunalights, it would be very Extra Deck slot straining.

Or we can try to think of a Fusion with a great effect that Phantom of Chaos would love to copy down the road... idk.

Haven't seen RR enough to know the potential first hand here....

It will most likely be used in Dragunity combos or as an Instant Fusion for levels higher than 5, like summoning Thor for a Rank 10

For a generic use, summon Ultimate Falcon then overlay Seven Sins on top for 4k off one push, which seems good enough to search it off Left Arm if you aim to kill the opponent right there.

RR just might have some use for it. it's a quickplay, so it could be combo'd with many of their rank up cards for some gloriously ignorant plays. apart from that, it can give you a sudden 3k wall in the form of revolution, and after he dies you can shave into a R8. or you can just set up infinity plays. likely not optimal, but it would take some testing to figure out properly.

Regarding the tittle, Personally i don't think Beast-Warrior is considered as cattle, since it boasts more of an anthropomorphic figure, rather an animal

Pretty sure the only reason why it includes Beast-Warrior is because...

TheBigCattleDrive-CBLZ-EN-C-1E.png

Plus, Ygo was never ideally correct on Attributes/Types being complete matches for monsters, mind you.

The first time I read this thing, I thought it was just a modified Swallow's Nest and didn't see why it was so good.

Then I saw it said "EXTRA Deck", not "Deck". And then I realised we had something here.

Rank 12 spam with the Ultimate Blackwing?

Maybe. But this is actually a good way to GET to Onimaru.

Archived