Cattle Calling

The issue with this is that it either only works as a combo play and therefore requires dependence on other stuff in hand to be usable (which might not be so bad, but this is unsearchable as well), or if self-contained, it puts a lot of pressure on the extra deck.

In terms of self-contained plays, the ones that can be utilized easily are:

Winged Beast (via Castel/BW Zephyros)

• This > Ulti Falcon > 7 Sins
  • This > Ice Princess Zereort > Crystalzero Lancer/Gaia Dragon
  • This > Rank 3 or lower Winged Beast XYZ > Downerd Magician

Beast (via DD Wolf)

• This > Leo Arms/Greedy Samsara > Gaia Dragon
  • This > Rank 3 or lower Beast XYZ > Downerd Magician

Beast-Warrior (not sure, maybe Bujin Amaterasu?)

• This > Shogi Rook > Gaia Dragon
  • This > Constellar Omega > Constellar Ptolemy M7
  • This > Rank 3 or lower Beast-Warrior XYZ > Downerd Magician

Again, it's a pretty costly toll on the Extra Deck to get a single Xyz, but doing so requires little to no prior setup and only requires this card.  There's also the obvious "Synch into a bigger thing", but that requires you to have a tuner in hand, so it isn't self-contained.  I couldn't find any extra deck floaters among these types that could take advantage of being destroyed by this.

So...what exactly ia the point of this? You can bring out Raidraptor and Bujin monsters out faster? That's as far as I've got.

in the words of some guy on the internet: it's a sleeper. the card has an effect that will likely either get it or something else hit in the future. right now there's only the odd combo with it, (like that beautiful tyrant neptune example) but like many cards before it, it'll only get better as more combos become available.

in the words of some guy on the internet: it's a sleeper. the card has an effect that will likely either get it or something else hit in the future. right now there's only the odd combo with it, (like that beautiful tyrant neptune example) but like many cards before it, it'll only get better as more combos become available.

So this card has potential, but right now there's not much to utilize it with to raise significance?

So this card has potential, but right now there's not much to utilize it with to raise significance?

as it stands, the only deck that can use it to any decent degree are raidrators, and possilbly blackwings. thanls to it being a quickplay, you can pull off a lot of small tricks in RR and a lot of small, but solid synchro plays in BW. it's nothing amazing, and there are other ways to do what it does already, but it has enough potential to be worth picking up a few copies. a (pretty much) free summon from the ED, with negligible restrictions means somebody will playtest it, and find some niche to fit it into. 

as it stands, the only deck that can use it to any decent degree are raidrators, and possilbly blackwings. thanls to it being a quickplay, you can pull off a lot of small tricks in RR and a lot of small, but solid synchro plays in BW. it's nothing amazing, and there are other ways to do what it does already, but it has enough potential to be worth picking up a few copies. a (pretty much) free summon from the ED, with negligible restrictions means somebody will playtest it, and find some niche to fit it into.

True; it's no cheap pack filler. This can help push those archetypes to be a little faster. Maybe not a proper home yet, but it's still worth trying.

I personally like using this card in RR. Now before I tested it I kinda wondered why would I have this if I have last strix.

I found that not having last strix or bricking kinda hurts when you have a 1 bird and a bunch of RUMs in hand (or other spells depending on the build)

While this card isn't searchable it allows you to use any RR as fodder for this card (even Force Strix if you really feel the need to make a rum straight off of it). Now this might be a more of a "me" thing but I hate opening up ONE bird that's not strix and then a bunch of rum. This helps me a lot as it already boosts the great consistency farther.

There might be cards that do this one's better but for now i'm going to probably stick to running 2 (or 3 if I get super rum happy). I feel so much more consistent with it, I honestly can say I enjoy this way more than I thought I would before.

Though I honestly hate the debates on whether or not this or Last Strix is better since they do the same thing, but have certain pros and cons to each. Last Strix is Searchable while this is not, but Cattle lets you do Damage the same turn you use it. There are more but those are all i'm going to list right now.

As for other Winged Beast archetypes and other types that are listed on the card, I have no idea about. I heard some people use it to summon BW synchros so you could use them for higher leveled summons (or stuff like crystal wing) but I don't really know much about that.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I know I am late but anyone knows any other ways to banish the monster summoned by this but return them to the field besides Farfa, Dimensionhole (this sucks) and D.D. Sprite?

Oh, and Dokidoki can now SS The Earth from the Deck (someone said before that it need a good way to be searched/summoned from the Deck), maybe someone will find a neat combo with them. 

Archived