AMAEO: The Road to 1000 Questions

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you like magic?

Oh, I adore magic. All kinds. And yes I like your magic as well.

1Y4GdQ2.jpg Who taught a cow how to use a computer anyway?

ur mom

What pokemon have you had fun using on Showdown recently?

Funnily, I recently did a couple of my first Doubles OU matches for a tournament and enjoyed using Trick Room Mimikyu with Mega Ampharos and, in a match I just had, Mega Diancie and Miltank (yeah, I know, "of course" but I actually haven't used Miltank much in Showdown).

Thoughts on Evanscence's music?

I actually really do love the music. Its kinda campy but I don't care so am I tbh.

favorite final boss battle?

Uhhhh....hrm....I know my favorite boss but not final battle.....maybe....the final fights in Soul Calibur. Including chronicles.

when building a deck, do you ever find yourself questioning the applications of invigoration, a magic card that increases the atk of an earth attribute monster by 400 points and decreases its def by 200 points, with dark gray, whose def is 100 points higher than its atk?

I don't build decks very often.....but hey, attack power is...fun

Any tips on creating backstories/biographies for characters? Creating a premise and characters for a potential plot thing in a Discord group and either coming up with nothing or not much at all.

Saw this at work didn't want to try and tackle it on mobile.

Still unsure how to say this.

For me when making characters I tend to either start with personality or backstory first depending mostly how I feel. When I make the personality first I try and think what would make a character act certain ways.

If starting with the backstory I'd say...figure out what kind of story you want to tell. If you want a redemption story give them a backstory where they did something they feel they need redemption from. A story of struggling against something keeping you down (family, circumstances, race, class, etc etc)? Then base it on that.

Basically figure out what direction you want them to go first and think of what could cause someone to go down that path. And usually I tend to focus on early life, current life, and only go really into the stuff between if it's something really important (parent dying, moving to a new city, etc) to their growth.

Hope that helps I'm bad at explaining things.

Archived