Game of Thrones

Aix

[spoiler=Episode 3 preview]

The delivery of 'Now it ends' was so funking shite in the preview. 

One of the most iconic lines in the books, and it might get a really shitty delivery. 

I hope it's better in context

The show is going super quickly this season. I'm really surprised by that. It means that by like episode 5 we'll be out of reasonable assumptions for how the plot is going to go. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Well]

I'm happy they brought Jon Snow back, even though it was a little obvious. The dude's my favorite character and I'm gunning for him to win the throne.

Lot of other cool stuff too in the last episode. Ramsey killing his dad in one swoop was crazy and him siccing dogs on the mom and his baby brother was pretty funked.

[spoiler=Hehe]

F*** YEAH! OLLY IS DEAD!

I called that Tower of Joy scene knew they'd just show them running in and zapping out to the tree. Lol. I doubt we'll see it again this season. 

Jon has left the Night's Watch? I mean he totally can do that since his watch ended when he died. Gotta love those loopholes. I still don't think 

he'll really leave. I mean... Where could he possibly go? Everyone sees him as a bastard. My only guess is with the Wildlings.

Smalljon Umber... I think it's Smalljon... I can't get Osha and Rickon out of my head. I can't believe that they were caught. I wanna say it's part of the Umber's master plan to get rid of 

Ramsay. We've seen the Umbers on the Bolton's side during the fight with the Wildlings in the trailer, but I want the Umbers to back stab them

some kind of way. Maybe after seeing Jon with the Wildlings? Or maybe that was always their intention. This is driving me crazy. 

Also Smalljon getting in Ramsay's ass about him killing Roose and calling Roose a c*** was the best scene of this episode. Lmao.

[spoiler=Hehe]

F*** YEAH! OLLY IS DEAD!

I called that Tower of Joy scene knew they'd just show them running in and zapping out to the tree. Lol. I doubt we'll see it again this season. 

Jon has left the Night's Watch? I mean he totally can do that since his watch ended when he died. Gotta love those loopholes. I still don't think 

he'll really leave. I mean... Where could he possibly go? Everyone sees him as a bastard. My only guess is with the Wildlings.

Smalljon Umber... I think it's Smalljon... I can't get Osha and Rickon out of my head. I can't believe that they were caught. I wanna say it's part of the Umber's master plan to get rid of 

Ramsay. We've seen the Umbers on the Bolton's side during the fight with the Wildlings in the trailer, but I want the Umbers to back stab them

some kind of way. Maybe after seeing Jon with the Wildlings? Or maybe that was always their intention. This is driving me crazy. 

Also Smalljon getting in Ramsay's ass about him killing Roose and calling Roose a c*** was the best scene of this episode. Lmao.

[spoiler=3]

The fact that Rheagar had his 2 (what happened to Hightower in the show lol) stay behind shows how much of caring king he would have been...the way they took out the Sword of the Morning pissed me the funk off :/

[spoiler=3]

The fact that Rheagar had his 2 (what happened to Hightower in the show lol) stay behind shows how much of caring king he would have been...the way they took out the Sword of the Morning pissed me the f*** off :/

I was confused about the swords though. He pulled them both up, but only one of them was sheathed. Lol.

I didn't think it was Dayne at first. I don't think he was a dual wielder in the books. They probably didn't give Morning any type of hype since most viewers don't even know what it is. I feel like this is all fan service for the show. ex Olly's death

I was confused about the swords though. He pulled them both up, but only one of them was sheathed. Lol.

I didn't think it was Dayne at first. I don't think he was a dual wielder in the books. They probably didn't give Morning any type of hype since most viewers don't even know what it is. I feel like this is all fan service for the show. ex Olly's death

I thought Hightower was the double wielder 

None of the Kingsguard at the Tower of Joy were dual wielders. I don't think anyone in the books has ever been one save one of the Sand Snakes with daggers? Dayne becoming a dual wielder was probably just a dramatic flourish designed to make him seem that much better than the Northmen. Because dual wielding for the most part is not a thing outside of television. 

It was done presumably because Arthur Dayne has had no hype from anything else over the course of show. What's stranger is that they name drop Gerald Hightower without actually featuring him in the fight. 

None of the Kingsguard at the Tower of Joy were dual wielders. I don't think anyone in the books has ever been one save one of the Sand Snakes with daggers? Dayne becoming a dual wielder was probably just a dramatic flourish designed to make him seem that much better than the Northmen. Because dual wielding for the most part is not a thing outside of television. 

It was done presumably because Arthur Dayne has had no hype from anything else over the course of show. What's stranger is that they name drop Gerald Hightower without actually featuring him in the fight. 

Ironic cause Dayne is one of the few described in detail...and said detail is a single great sword that he carried on his back

[spoiler=Season 6 so far - up through episode 3]So yeah, Jon being brought back from the dead by Melisandre was the only possible outcome after the cliffhanger. There was one too many connections leading up to it that could've been nullified. Also, not sure why Olly got all the hate that he did. He was only following orders. Alliser, though, at least believed he was doing the right thing, and he was humble enough to admit it, so Olly getting the last look by Snow before the rope felt kinda awkward to me. Of course now seeing Jon quit the Night's Watch, good riddance. He didn't deserve it from the start, but now what will come of Sansa? She doesn't know this, so what'll happen once she reaches Castle Black, even with Brienne and Podrick on her side?

That being said, I never thought Ramsey could be any more hateable, but I guess I gave him too much credit. Then again, given that he was a bastard child, the reversal of roles played out rather well in his favor, but still... releasing the dogs against his newborn brother was pretty savage of him. A cut to the throat would've been more humane, even for a baby.

Also glad to see Theon had developed as much as he did. Despite all he did, even watching him do it felt weird, which made his humility that much worse to watch, and by Ramsey of all people. If anything, he deserves to at least not be treated like a dog. Then again, his emasculation took all he had left past his lifetime. Maybe he'll end up like Varys or Greyworm, or his own form of significance, who knows?

Arys has my utmost attention this season. She's literally no one, yet she has potential to turn the tables entirely just as the Sparrows did. The way she was trained to both think and fight, both before and after she turned blind, even as a young girl, gives her much more of a future than any of the other characters, imo.

Varys, though, I feel stupid for not realizing... his little birds singing songs of all the intelligence in the world... just didn't seem right. Granted, what he does with this knowledge is admirable, but the way he gets it is just... I dunno. Not sure if Tyrian knows of this either, but I'm curious as to how he'd react to it. Meanwhile, Tyrian remains the same drunk, clever bastard as he's always been, except this time talking to dragons... funk me, I never would've thought he could pull that off, but he did. Props to him.

My heart will forever be with Daenerys no matter what she goes through. If anything, she's the only character in the show that I have no reason to hate or even love to hate.

Now for Bran... not sure how to feel about him. I've always been curious, but all I've seen is him being shown his family's past. This is actually pretty good to see, especially seeing how the stories he's heard were not entirely truthful. Knowledge is a valuable thing to have, so I'm patient to see how it works out for him.

Also... am I the only one here who thinks the knight in gold armor is the Mountain?

[spoiler=Season 6 so far - up through episode 3]

Also... am I the only one here who thinks the knight in gold armor is the Mountain?

[spoiler=Reply to one bit]

He's 8 feet tall with massively discoloured skin and veins. The Mountain, also 8 feet tall was last shown poisoned being operated on by Qyburn. No one else in Westeros is as tall or as massive as Clegane, nor have they ever been

Additionally he was directly called Gregor Clegane in the last episode, so it's a pretty safe bet. 

Also holy f*** the Tower of Joy choreography was so bad having now actually seen the clip. That is not how you show someone being adept at swordplay. 

Just for reference, am I the only one who thinks Peter Dinkalige is just going through the motions with the role? As he has been for at least one season now? 

Just for reference, am I the only one who thinks Peter Dinkalige is just going through the motions with the role? As he has been for at least one season now? 

For me, it's like seeing Robery Downey Jr and Hugh Jackman being the same characters for years and just sort of being that person rather than acting the part, if that makes any sense. So I see where you're coming from and you could probably make a case for it, but that personally didn't take me out of any of his scenes.

The stuff with Jon Snow was cool last episode, though now I'm curious of his future going forward. And Sansa's, considering her destination.

[spoiler=Episode 4]The whole deal with Daenarys feels implausible. I would've thought one of these khals would have tried to strangle her after realizing there was no way out; they're not like the soft, cowardly rulers elsewhere and yet they acted like little girls. And even if they felt like she was something divine, I don't buy that the whole mob just bowed down like that even with mob mentality.

Personally don't like Daenarys very much, she's cocky and naive.

[spoiler=EP4]

I like that Sansa and Jon reunion. I think it's safe to say that the show is now a different thing than the books entirely... Well not really, but you get the gist. Also, am I the only one who loved how Jon was wearing Stark armor? Lol

[spoiler=Episode 4]The whole deal with Daenarys feels implausible. I would've thought one of these khals would have tried to strangle her after realizing there was no way out; they're not like the soft, cowardly rulers elsewhere and yet they acted like little girls. And even if they felt like she was something divine, I don't buy that the whole mob just bowed down like that even with mob mentality.

Personally don't like Daenarys very much, she's cocky and naive.

Yo I was thinking the same thing. Why the hell didn't any of them try to kill her then and there. They had ample opportunity. She's obviously trying to kill them, I think that's enough reason to kill her. Even more so when they realized they couldn't escape. And that CG shot of her standing in front of the fire looked like s***. Looked like a store cut out infront of a yellow wall. Lol.

I still didn't understand the bowing bit. They should not have been that amazed. Also, why did they let Jorah and Daario just walk by. I mean if not attack the out of place foreigners, at least make them bow to the new queen. 

Osha being killed by Ramsay was kinda obvious. Some no name wildling with no value being summoned to his chambers... ya... Still hoping Rickon makes it out alive and shaggydog comes in riding a Unicorn. ;3

Tormund x Brienne is now a thing. Lol 

[spoiler=suckle my puckle]Dany topless was enough for me to be happy with the episode

Too bad it wasn't really her. lel

Well, she was Sarah Conner after all.

[spoiler=EP4]Okay, not sure what to think of that transition between episodes. One moment Jon's storming out of Castle Black without a care in the world, next thing I know he's packing his bags in his room with the entire watch watching him awkwardly, then Sansa just waltzes in and reunites with him. I mean, not gonna lie, that was just the reunion I was looking forward to, but the circumstances just seemed a bit off.

Man, that character development from Theon. I'm not sure whether to laugh or to cry.

lol, Cersei's trying to turn her son into a tyrant just to get back at the Sparrows. Typical of her, though any arc segment without the Gold Mountain seems empty at this point. Granted, she has Jaime at her side, but he can only do so much with that artificial hand. The small counsel is the only hope we have against her bias, though with Margaery being held prisoner, I doubt Tommen would allow anything involving her humiliation. Granted, Margaery has her own plans getting close to the king, so I dunno who to support here.

Brienne is one of my favorite characters, if I haven't said that already. Hearing her boldly state to Melisadre and Davos that she executed their lord Stannis was pretty refreshing, though considering how the show tends to work, I'd have liked to see his head shown in full view being cut off, blood and everything, yet I saw none of it when it "supposedly" happened. Tbh, I'm keeping my guard up.

and what better way to finish off than with another comeback from Daenerys. funk. Yes. Who needs dragons when you have immunity to fire? SHOW THEM WHO'S THE REAL QUEEN, KHALEESI <3

Oh, someone pointed this out to me. Littlefinger moves extremely fast across Westeros.

Sansa and company, Brienne, Littlefinger, Melisandre, the Sand Snakes and more all have teleportation powers. People work out that it should take days up to a few weeks to get to where they are headed. But they seem to do it in under 24 hours every time. Lol

Sansa and company, Brienne, Littlefinger, Melisandre, the Sand Snakes and more all have teleportation powers. People work out that it should take days up to a few weeks to get to where they are headed. But they seem to do it in under 24 hours every time. Lol

INB4 the sandsnakes are back in Dorne

Jesus walked on Water and Chuck Norris swam through land, but plot teleports through Westeros 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhOKh35SlFo

I really hope Jamie lives tbh :/

Archived