Elemental HERO Monsters Re-Imagined

Abdelrahman

I took some Elemental HERO cards and added effects to them and changed the effects of some others to make them more competitive against today's meta.

Elemental HERO Burstinatrix / Avian

Vku6fuq.jpgq43XXgL.jpg

- Added a new effect

- Changed stats

Elemental HERO Bladedge

osBQPxX.jpg

- Tweaked this card's effect

- Changed stats

Elemental HERO Neos

pY2yQLZ.jpg

- Added a new effect

Elemental HERO Neos Alius

Xjla7x3.jpg

- Changed stats

Elemental HERO Bubbleman

nHF5mzM.jpg

- Changed stats

Elemental HERO Sparkman

FEigJfU.jpg

- Added a new effect

- Changed stats

Elemental HERO Clayman

admtmUj.jpg

- Added a new effect

- Changed stats

My next post will be the HERO Support Cards Re-Imagined so stay tuned for that.

First of all, none of these count as "Elemental Hero" monsters for support. Also some of the names are off, so you wouldn't be able to use them as materials for their fusions and such.

Avian and Burstinatrix are literally better off as normal monsters, since they would benefit from normal monster support. You'd rarely be able to get both monsters on the field together, and you'd rarely want to, since there's not much point keeping 1300 monsters around for very long, and destruction protection isn't that powerful nowadays.

Edgeman hasn't become much better. It's all about special summoning these days. Heroes certainly don't want to tribute.

Neos is good. I would still like it to count as a normal monster, but its effect makes summoning the Neos fusions so much easier.

I don't think Alius benefitted much from being a sometimes-normal monster, so the change is definitely an improvement.

Bubbleman was perfectly fine with its old effect. Now it's at least semi-broken. Drawing is a powerful mechanic; you can't just throw it on everything.

Sparkman has nothing to do with Voltic, since Sparkman is anime and Voltic is manga. It doesn't make sense for their cards to be related. Also, since 1600 isn't much, inflicting battle damage is slow, and no one runs Voltic, this would be better off as a normal monster.

So would Clayman. It's effect is too weak and slow for the current meta and you'd never trigger it.

Advanced Custom Cards takes the metagame into account. I suggest you either gain a better understanding of the meta (playing is the best way) or move to Casuals.

(You don't necessarily HAVE to know the metagame, but it's advised that you have an idea or at least have strong enough card design skills. Or in this case, know how HEROs function nowadays, even if it is literally spam Shadow Mist + Mask Change into whatever.)

The first three are literally their Japanese names (I'm not sure if you knew this, shadow), so they technically would still be usable for their original counterparts. As for the other part, by naming, they won't be classed as Elemental HERO (recall that Evil HEROs also start with E; or rather, for Japan purposes, Elemental HEROs have a dot between the E and HERO; Evil has the dash, which is this). You actually have to WRITE the whole Elemental part. 

But anyway...

• Avian and Burstinatrix aren't that great to be honest, especially when they're reliant on each other to protect from battle/destruction removal. Stuff like Castel and the like do exist, and either way, they are weak by modern standards. (Even some Level 2/3 monsters now can trample them). So yeah, they were fine as they were, since they were O - Oversoul targets and whatever else. 
  • Bladedge is basically Malicious Edge now that doesn't get Fiend support and whatever else. I mean, it's quicker to get out now but no one runs Tribute HEROs anymore.
  • Neos isn't too bad now; at least you can make Contact Fusions quicker since he'll get them out. 
  • Neos Alius is a welcome change; at least you can do the above Contact Fusions w/out needing to double Tribute for Neos. Honestly, I probably would've been fine with leaving his original stats and giving him this effect. (1800 is still a respectable amount though)
  • Bubbleman now promotes overextending and draw power. He was already fine to begin with (do you not hear about people still using him @ 3?)
  • Sparkman/Voltic have nothing in common with each other, and while it would be nice to R4 with the two of them, you actually have to damage the opponent to make it work. 
  • Clayman would be fine in casual fights (or least in an earlier era of this game), but given that players can make monsters over 2000 ATK in one turn [even multiples], this effect will see far less play. 

There I changed them to the TCG names and made their effects more useful and kind of balanced Bubbleman a little more by making it a once per turn effect.

Btw the reason why none of these are Normal Monsters anymore is because iam planning on making the HERO Support Cards that are limited to Normal Monsters work on Effect Monsters in my next post.

Edit : Made Bubbleman's effect more balanced

Alright then, let's see what you did with the changes.

Avian and Burstinatrix are still relatively not up to par with the meta standards. Granted, their stats are better for Level 3s but keeping them in Attack Position to prevent destruction is still going to cost you some LP in the process (and often than not, a lot of it). At least they can work on their own, but you could get away with letting him survive one instance of destruction per turn, regardless of battle position.

Not sure what to say about Bladedge now; it does capitalize on them playing multiple monsters per turn (but from knowledge, the common ones are Shadow Mist and Bubbleman; not sure about any other Elemental HEROs that see play nowadays). Not saying it's bad, but with their common setups, I don't know if HEROs really have room to run anything higher than Level 4.

Both Neos cards are fine, albeit Alius could've retained his original stats and we'd be fine.

At least Bubbleman can still draw cards as opposed to requiring you have a blank field/hand to do so. Then again, no one has issues with not drawing cards off of him anyway at present.

Sparkman now has a decent body and can help with Rank 4 plays in HEROs if they want to; only gripe is that it won't trigger Shadow Mist (well, at least for searching Mask cards) but that's probably the least of your worries for now.

Clayman is still relatively the same as the last version; 2200 DEF is still a good wall though if you need it.

There are two types of once per turns: hard and soft. A hard once per turn includes the monster's name, like "You can only use this effect of "Elemental HERO Bubbleman" once per turn. That applies across all copies, whether it leaves the field or gets flipped down.

"Once per turn:" effects don't apply to multiple copies, and you can reuse it if it leaves the field and comes back, or gets flipped face-down and back up. If you really wanted to limit Bubbleman, you should use the first one. I don't think the current version needs an OPT, though.

Archived