[Written] Trains Support

Number IV

Express Main Passenger Train

Level 10 EARTH Machine-Type

You can banish 2 EARTH attribute monsters from your hand, field and/or graveyard; Special Summon this card. You cannot special summon monsters for the rest of your turn, except from the Extra Deck

2400/2000

Station Yard Track Switcher

Level 4 EARTH Machine-Type

You can tribute this face-up card on your side of the field, special summon 1 Level 10 EARTH attribute Machine-Type monster from your deck in Defense Position.

1800/1100

Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Langer Prime

Rank 10 EARTH Machine-Type

3 Rank 10 Monsters

Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: This card's ATK is doubled until your End Phase. This card cannot attack during your Battle Phase if other monsters on your side of the field have attacked previously. If this card attacks, other monsters on your side of the field cannot attack. If this card activates its effect, the battle damage your opponent takes from other cards you control is halved. 

3500/2500

Superdimensionaldreadnought Rail Cannon Landkreuzer Primus

Rank 11 EARTH Machine-Type

4 Level 11 Monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Superdreadnought Rail Cannon" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) You cannot enter your Battle Phase during the turn you summon this card. Once per turn, during your Battle Phase, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If you do, you can attack your opponent directly. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card effect's activation. You cannot activate this card's effect while you control Spell or Trap Cards or Pendulum Monsters anywhere on your side of the field.

5000/1000

Heavy Rail Maintenance Facility

Continuous Trap Card

You can only control one face-up "Heavy Rail Maintenance Facility." Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, your End Phase or your opponent's Battle Phase, you can activate one of the following effects:

-Target one Level 4 or 10 EARTH Machine-Type monster in your graveyard, shuffle it into your Deck

-Target one face up Rank 8 or higher Xyz Monster on your side of the field with no Xyz Materials, attach one Level 4 or 10 EARTH Machine-Type monster from your graveyard to the targeted Xyz Monster as a Xyz Material. Monsters with effects that prevent the destruction of a card, destroys card on your opponent's side of the field or causes damage to your opponent's life points can only be targeted once per Duel by this card's effect

-You can banish 2 Level 10 EARTH Machine-Type monsters from your hand and/or graveyard, special summon 1 Rank 10 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck that requires 2 Level 10 monsters as the summoning materials (this Special Summon counts as an Xyz Summon) and attach this card to the summoned Xyz monsters as a Xyz Material

Well first off, the "add" in the second effect of Heavy Rail Maintenance Facility should be "attach", I'm pretty sure.

I don't play Trains myself, but Express Main Passenger Train seems solid enough, allowing for Trains to make finishing plays with the extra body it provides, at an easily worked round restriction. Then again, Trains seem to be very limited in terms of maindeck monsters, so losing Trains to summon it may not be worth it.

Station Yard Track Switcher is... Something. Being able to summon any EARTH Machine is pretty big, and I instinctively dislike it cause those don't tend to go jnabused long. Perhaps some kind of clause? EARTH machines aren't world reaking, but they are enough to get me worried.

Maxmillian seems poor. Most Rank 10s beat over just about everything, or cheat and be NC9. Destruction, regardless of protection, seems nifty vs a lot of bosses, but Trains can manage fine without it, from what I understand.

Heavy Rail Maintenance seems pretty solid. Recycling and reattaching, as well as emergency summons are pretty awesome, while the amount of Spell/Trap removal and the fact it is a slow trap makes it difficult to abuse. Still, controlling multiple of them will be annoying, so you may want to fix that.

Well first off, the "add" in the second effect of Heavy Rail Maintenance Facility should be "attach", I'm pretty sure.

I don't play Trains myself, but Express Main Passenger Train seems solid enough, allowing for Trains to make finishing plays with the extra body it provides, at an easily worked round restriction. Then again, Trains seem to be very limited in terms of maindeck monsters, so losing Trains to summon it may not be worth it.

Station Yard Track Switcher is... Something. Being able to summon any EARTH Machine is pretty big, and I instinctively dislike it cause those don't tend to go jnabused long. Perhaps some kind of clause? EARTH machines aren't world reaking, but they are enough to get me worried.

Maxmillian seems poor. Most Rank 10s beat over just about everything, or cheat and be NC9. Destruction, regardless of protection, seems nifty vs a lot of bosses, but Trains can manage fine without it, from what I understand.

Heavy Rail Maintenance seems pretty solid. Recycling and reattaching, as well as emergency summons are pretty awesome, while the amount of Spell/Trap removal and the fact it is a slow trap makes it difficult to abuse. Still, controlling multiple of them will be annoying, so you may want to fix that.

Thanks for the critiques. On Switcher, I changed it to Level 10, so only Railway monsters will get summoned, seeing as everything else can't be. I added an effect to Maintenance Facility so that you can control only one on your side of the field.

Maximus Prime: I wanted the monster to fit the theme of Railway Xyz being heavy hitters, but I didn't want another Gustav, which in the right conditions is essentially a 2KO without restrictions. Its set up so that if you do use Maximus Prime's effect, he can be the only one to attack or else everything else become weaker if you attack with something else first. There is also no protection, so w/o outside help, all the usual (MF, DimPrison, etc) can do their thing.

Maxmillian Primus: The kicker here is that to use Primus's effect, you cannot control any sort of Spell and/or Trap Cards. This also means, that, for most Railway decks, for Primus to be effective as anything else but a beater, Revolving Switchyard cannot be on the field, which is usually necessary for Primus to exist in the 1st place. Otherwise, well, 4000 ATK isn't shabby.

I suggest boosting Station Yard Track Switcher's ATK to over 1800 to be able to Synergize with the field spell. Beyond that the support seems solid enough. Also maybe Heavy Rail Maintenance Facility should have some kind of effect for being destroyed to benefit Plow but that's just my bias because I like Plow as a card

Some really solid main deck cards that would really boost the archetype. However, Maximus just has too many restrictions slapped on it to be useful. Trains already have plenty of giant beaters, and for 3 materials, they can get Superdimensional Robot Destroyer, and its 5k attack should be able to beat over anything that matters. It's also a better game ender, since it can nuke your opponent's backrow. Maximus would not be worth running for trains.

As for the CXyz... first of all, are you sure the name would fit on a card? And it's generic, which is a plus, though trains don't run rank-up magics anyway. And I don't think this card is good enough to make them run it, though it's better than Maximus.

The trap card gives you infinite xyz materials, so your Gustav Max will singlehandedly kill your opponent, and they'll never get past your Superior Dora. It also recycles Derricane for its destruction and Railcar for its search, every turn. You need to limit that effect somehow.

I suggest boosting Station Yard Track Switcher's ATK to over 1800 to be able to Synergize with the field spell. Beyond that the support seems solid enough. Also maybe Heavy Rail Maintenance Facility should have some kind of effect for being destroyed to benefit Plow but that's just my bias because I like Plow as a card

Some really solid main deck cards that would really boost the archetype. However, Maximus just has too many restrictions slapped on it to be useful. Trains already have plenty of giant beaters, and for 3 materials, they can get Superdimensional Robot Destroyer, and its 5k attack should be able to beat over anything that matters. It's also a better game ender, since it can nuke your opponent's backrow. Maximus would not be worth running for trains.

As for the CXyz... first of all, are you sure the name would fit on a card? And it's generic, which is a plus, though trains don't run rank-up magics anyway. And I don't think this card is good enough to make them run it, though it's better than Maximus.

The trap card gives you infinite xyz materials, so your Gustav Max will singlehandedly kill your opponent, and they'll never get past your Superior Dora. It also recycles Derricane for its destruction and Railcar for its search, every turn. You need to limit that effect somehow.

Thanks for the CnC! After finding out on /r/Yugioh that Gustav & Dora have historical significance in their names, I changed the names of the Xyz Monsters

List of changes:

1) Switcher ATK is now 1800

2) HRMF 2nd effect has been changed. Any monster that prevents destruction, attacks opponent's life points or destroys card on the opponent's side of the field can only be targeted by a copy of HRMF once per Duel.

3) Langer Prime has had the Spell Card restriction removed. Its effect is still 7k damage in the right format, so the monster/battle phase restrictions still apply

4) Landkreuzer Primus has had the "CXyz" designation removed in exchange for regular Xyz Evolution. However, the battle phase cannot be entered the turn this card is summoned (this includes afterward as well) which means its effect can't be activated the turn it is summoned either.

My primary problem with Prime was not that it had too many restrictions, it's that it's not worth 3 materials. As for Primus, skipping your battle phase is just not worth it in this format, but the fact that it ranks up from either of the giant trains for free could come in handy occasionally. And Maintenance is so ridiculously specific with its wording now, and that's not necessary. Personally, I'd make it attach from hand, and only work on each monster once while that monster is face-up on the field.

Passenger is actually pretty bad in the deck to its restriction to only ED summon after its summon; this means it does not work with Switchyard or Derricrane. I would suggest thinking of a different restriction. Grave banishing is also not particularly wanted considering cards that can be run. More Schedule targets would be nicer.

Track Switcher, on the flipside, is absolutely bonkers because it summons from the deck.

Langer fills not niche that needs filling; Tarantula is still a much better choice. I would suggest looking over the R10 pool and making something that they would want and isn't fulfilled by another card already.

Primus is just honestly terrible. No inherent protection effects and you have to wait a turn to be able to attack at all. What's worse, you can't attack and summon it during your MP2; you're basically summoning it, skipping your BP, and hoping your opponent doesn't remove it. Awful investment and something that, again, isn't needed for the deck.

Maintenance does way too much for a trap, and does not synergize with Hustle at all. It flips between being way too good, and also just not very good for the deck at all. I would strongly recommend rethinking this card and focusing on exactly what you want it to do, and what you want it to bring to the deck.

Overall, not impressed with this support. If you're going to make fan support for any given archetype or deck, it's imperative that you really take the time to know the flavor of the deck, how it plays, what its short comings are, and what it needs to work better. Also, your card grammar is very poor across the board, and I strongly suggest you brush up on that.

Archived