Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

くコ:彡 Squid Squad くコ:彡

Splatoon

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,080 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:27 AM

Because of this video I found today:

video

It occurred to me to ask this: What are your opinions on squid partying (fooling around) and squidbagging (quick successive kid/squid transforming, usually after splatting somebody but not limited to it)?

Personally, squid partying outside of private is unacceptable unless its the last few seconds of a match in which the whole team pretty much knows they are gonna lose anyways at that point due to overwhelming opponents.

Squidbagging I don't mind anywhere so long as it doesn't actually prevent the player doing it from playing the game at a competent level.

Like, if you are gonna do it for 10+ ish seconds, you are not really trying and are a detriment to the team.

However, a quickie every once in a while I'm fine with regardless of how much it might anger the opponents. In fact, I find it hilarious even when I'm the victim in those situations.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Toffee.

Toffee.

It's best if you just forget about me.

• Legendary Members
  • 0 posts
    Last Visit Apr 01 2018 03:15 PM

You know, it totally slipped my mind that we agreed to name this club 'Squid Squad'.

Posted Image

ÆƵ–

ÆƵ–

Glitter for Good

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,890 posts
    Last Visit Jul 14 2018 12:19 AM
  • Alias:Aez
  • Spouse:Snatch Steal (user), Subterror Fiendess, Dinomist Charge

Because of this video I found today:

video

It occurred to me to ask this: What are your opinions on squid partying (fooling around) and squidbagging (quick successive kid/squid transforming, usually after splatting somebody but not limited to it)?

Personally, squid partying outside of private is unacceptable unless its the last few seconds of a match in which the whole team pretty much knows they are gonna lose anyways at that point due to overwhelming opponents.

Squidbagging I don't mind anywhere so long as it doesn't actually prevent the player doing it from playing the game at a competent level.
Like, if you are gonna do it for 10+ ish seconds, you are not really trying and are a detriment to the team.

However, a quickie every once in a while I'm fine with regardless of how much it might anger the opponents. In fact, I find it hilarious even when I'm the victim in those situations.

I, actually, have the complete opposite opinion. I think that squid parties are all in good fun and taste, and squid bagging is kinda rude. I feel that squid bagging, also, has the same.mentality type thing that the sniper goggles has: its a way to pretend that this fun squid game is CoD.

But really my feeling a on squid parties only apply to casual matches (see: turf war). In ranked ranked, you should be serious, not squilly (squid silly).

Posted Image

Things Giga has said to me
Overboard Badge

Kinky
Clikc for birb

Toffee.

Toffee.

• Legendary Members
  • 0 posts
'Squid Parties' should be saved for friend-only matches. Cuz then you can do stuff like this:
70f.gif

But doing it online, just to potentially fuck up whatever team your on.... I'll pass.
Posted Image

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,626 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:02 AM

No opinion on Squid parties as I have yet to be involved in one, let alone in Ranked.

Regarding squidbagging, I dislike it. I don't like when it's done to me, and so I don't do it either. I understand some do it for fun, others do it from their competitive mindset, or perhaps just to mock the other player, but whatever the reason is I find it annoying, and even rude or disrespectful, unless I know beforehand or can tell the player is just being silly, but it's difficult to determine that against random players.

Posted Image

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

Posted ImagePosted Image
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

ÆƵ–

ÆƵ–

Glitter for Good

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,890 posts

Alright, so it's Thursday, and that means Hide and Seek is comming up soon. Who's free when? Also, which version should we do, 1 hider many  seekers, or 1 seeker many hiders?

Posted Image

Overboard Badge

Kinky
Clikc for birb

Toffee.

Toffee.

• Legendary Members
  • 0 posts

Alright, so it's Thursday, and that means Hide and Seek is comming up soon. Who's free when? Also, which version should we do, 1 hider many  seekers, or 1 seeker many hiders?

I'm still curious as to how we would go about doing that.
Posted Image

ÆƵ–

ÆƵ–

Glitter for Good

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,890 posts

I'm still curious as to how we would go about doing that.

The way I've seen it done is that you set the mode to rainmaker, the peep(s) seeking turn around and wait 1-2 minutes while the hider(s) ink as much or as little as they want, then after that the seeker(s) go wild. Obvi there's no looking at the game pad, and usually rollers are off limits when there's only 1 hider. Other than that, it's just a fun lil game. 

Posted Image

Overboard Badge

Kinky
Clikc for birb

Toffee.

Toffee.

• Legendary Members
  • 0 posts
Hey guys, what do you think of this for a club logo?

78819SquidSquad.jpg

It's supposed to resemble the time cards from SpongeBob.
Figured it would be appropriate.

And I can make any changes =D
Posted Image

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,080 posts

Soooooooo I'm always on Marie team, but I wonder how even would the popularity of this one be.

I'm tempted to go fancy because I foresee costume being too mainstream xD

2j5xe8o.jpg

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Toffee.

Toffee.

• Legendary Members
  • 0 posts
Classy suits vs cosplaying, huh?

Been a while since US/AU/JP all had the same Splatfest.
Posted Image

The Nyx Avatar

The Nyx Avatar

Shinigami

• The Four Horsemen
  • 5,671 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:00 AM

I guess I should answer whether I prefer Callie or Marie.

Marie

tumblr_static_4kp0ih6cveas44o4800gkk8g8.

Posted Image

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 12,027 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Tormented

New banner:

NPQZumH.png?1

nyr4czw.gif

Switch FC: SW-5328-8869-1579

ÆƵ–

ÆƵ–

Glitter for Good

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,890 posts
Alright, since things have slowed down, let's have some brainstorming? Last time we tried to play hide and seek, and it didnt quite work out iirc.

So, let's suggest some games that we can play, and perhaps some times to go along with them. One game I think would be fun would be lazer tag, which is where everyone has a charger and no one swims except to go up walls and to jump over ledges and stuff. The person with the most splats wins, and everyone gets huge at the end~☆

Posted Image

Overboard Badge

Kinky
Clikc for birb

The Nyx Avatar

The Nyx Avatar

Shinigami

• The Four Horsemen
  • 5,671 posts

Alright, since things have slowed down, let's have some brainstorming? Last time we tried to play hide and seek, and it didnt quite work out iirc.

So, let's suggest some games that we can play, and perhaps some times to go along with them. One game I think would be fun would be lazer tag, which is where everyone has a charger and no one swims except to go up walls and to jump over ledges and stuff. The person with the most splats wins, and everyone gets huge at the end~☆

Sounds a tad too dependent on the honor system.

Posted Image

ÆƵ–

ÆƵ–

Glitter for Good

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,890 posts

Sounds a tad too dependent on the honor system.

Well so I hide and seek in most instances but we're all friends here and don't need to jerk off into each other's coffee to have fun, right?

(NOTE:the above expression was meant to be light hearted, not rude).

Posted Image

Overboard Badge

Kinky
Clikc for birb

Toffee.

Toffee.

• Legendary Members
  • 0 posts

Better yet...

No Swiming in Ink at all. And you can only use the Bamboozler. I man, because of the rapid-fire nature of it, it would be appropriate. And using gear that makes you respawn faster would also add to the crazyness.
Posted Image

Toffee.

Toffee.

• Legendary Members
  • 0 posts
So here's a game we can do...

It was invented by Me and Aez, and then tested by Me, Aez, Kingdom Neos, and Sleepy

Your weapon of choice is:
Weapont_Main_Tri-Slosher_Nouveau.png
Weapon_Sub_Seeker.png and Weapon_Special_Echolocator.png are allowed
You must wear a shirt with Ninja Squid: 120px-Ability_Ninja_Squid.svg.png

The rest of your gear can be anything you want.

The game mode is Rainmaker; You are not allowed to pick it up, but you can break the bubble around it.

The idea is to Splat the opposing team more then they can splat you, but at the same time you want to try and remain as unseen as possible, so that you don't give away your position/can always get the jump on your opponent(s).
Basically your trying to out-ninja the other player(s), who are trying to do the same.
Seekers are so you can try and flush the other player(s) out, while also making them paranoid because you could potentially be swimming with them/etc.
Locator gives you knowledge of your opponent's location, sure, but at the same time you don't want to go and attack them in a very obvious manner, so it's a double edged sword- You know where they are, and they now are more alert to your presence, so you have to use it cautiously.

This game mode is unnamed, as of this post.
Posted Image

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,080 posts

Yeah basically, pre-determined shirt ability, pre-determined weapon.

The goal is simple: Splat the other and try not to get splashed, as much as possible, and ignore all other win conditions of the game mode.

Everything else like the explanation of sneakiness and whatnot are more so tips to help achieve the goal.

Rainmaker is the best choice too because if somebody disconnects the other side can just score the win immediately instead of waiting a long time, and the Rainmaker shield is an interesting mechanic for gaining tactical turf.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

The Nyx Avatar

The Nyx Avatar

Shinigami

• The Four Horsemen
  • 5,671 posts
Tomorrow afternoon and most of Saturday and Sunday, I should be free for Splatoon. How about you guys?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users