Compulsory Evacuation Device

Phantom Knights' Fog Blade

Unlimited

----

Debris Dragon

Necroface

Summoner Monk

• 3 weeks later...

you could always hit dante or break sword instead of non-problem cards.

This is actually a large point of contention. Those two are what make r3 worth it, TBH. It is a matter of hitting a deck to protect a card, or hitting a card to protect a deck. To my knowledge, r3 has been a cornerstone of the metagame since SPWR, is it really worth it to kill it?

This is actually a large point of contention. Those two are what make r3 worth it, TBH. It is a matter of hitting a deck to protect a card, or hitting a card to protect a deck. To my knowledge, r3 has been a cornerstone of the metagame since SPWR, is it really worth it to kill it?

Well hitting Dante to 1 made BA actually skillful in OCG. And made running multiple Beatrice not without drawback

Hitting break, the best current rank 3 with regards to utility.

It's a matter of hitting a card to make the deck evolve IMo

Hitting Break is stupid. It's not a problem card by any means, simply a power card.

While Dante should be limited, if only on principle due to its infinite self cycling, not to mention actual impact, you can't say terrortop is innocent, either. It's a more niche but more generic TGU.

Hitting Break is stupid. It's not a problem card by any means, simply a power card.

While Dante should be limited, if only on principle due to its infinite self cycling, not to mention actual impact, you can't say terrortop is innocent, either. It's a more niche but more generic TGU.

*shrugs*

Break is one of those cards that will only ever age well. It's scrap dragon with a very relevant float effect. Resolving one break alone should put you pretty funking far ahead in the game

As for Terror, I'm not sure I agree it should be hit, despite your valid analysis. If you limit TGU, it still remains a damn good card, if you limit Terror top, is there really any reason to play any speedroids.

TGU got ax'd IMO cause it's targets are so much better, hell even Sagan is seeing play now. What do Speedroids have other than the one guy they run

Instead of more generic, I think the word you're looking for is less investment (NS)

If speedroids keep getting better targets for Top, then yes, it should go the way of TGU, but being archetype locked instead of type locked makes it less likely IMO

Forbidden
----
Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer

Limited
----
Atlantean Dragoons
Cir, Melebrance of the Burning Abyss
Kozmo Dark Destroyer
Twin Twisters
Solemn Strike

Semi-Limited
----
Speedroid Terrortop
Book of Moon
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Phantom Knights' Fog Blade

Unlimited
----
Debris Dragon
Necroface
Summoner Monk

Ban monkey not sorc

Also limit W/E or do something about Kirin

Semi-Limited Compulsoy Evacuation device?

It is one of my most used cards to send back high-level monsters which requires a lot of effort to summon back to the hand cheaply, and also to return my most prized monster back to hand before commencing annihilation

I rarely see Comp being used in this Meta because of targeting and so many other reasons. It does nothing to tier and lower tier decks, really.

Compulse is an all-or-nothing card.

It's either too good in ED based formats (barring BA) or terrible in formats like the present. The game is slowly shifting towards it being terrible more often than good, but not quite there yet.

It makes sense to keep it at 1 for the time being, considering this, especially in a TCG setting.

All non-solemn traps should be at three, and Duster + power spells should be legal

That creates its own balance

An accelerated format akin to the OCG is not the same thing as the TCG format.

Don't try to insist that the OCG is superior. I'm not arguing that the TCG is, but they're different beasts, and your mindset will only cause strife if you shove it down people's throats like this,

An accelerated format akin to the OCG is not the same thing as the TCG format.

Don't try to insist that the OCG is superior. I'm not arguing that the TCG is, but they're different beasts, and your mindset will only cause strife if you shove it down people's throats like this,

Maybe so, but surely we can agree that something like 3 BTH would ease the burden placed by polarizing decks like Kozmo?

You can forgo the Duster/Power Spell part, but TCG is lacking in the trap department IMO

It's confusing to me why people are upset about Dark Destroyer being hard to kill (and keep dead) when stuff like BTH, Soul Drain, the banishment Duo and even Torrential to a degree are limited. Kinda seems like KoA dug its own hole right?

People are complaining because traps are awful vs Kozmo to begin with.

It's not that Dark Destroyer being unkillable, it's the fact that you cannot kill them under Dark Destroyer, you have to devote resources (best case in Utopia the Lightning still consumes a BP) and Kozmo can take advantage and kill you under low-resource environments

Playing traps that don't replace themselves and you have no guarantee of seeing will just give them free turns to recover and outgrind...torrential is awful like damn they can just SS Strawman or Sliprider or Landwalker or Dark Lady to tag out into another ship ??? Literally we already have Kaiju.

It's funny that, as a minimal backrow player, this format has become one that I've shined in in that regard.

That said, I'm not a fan of high-backrow-w/-power removal; because said removal is still going to be limited, and it really pushes matters further into a state where you either go first, or you open Duster. On the flip-side, I'm still of the opinion that the state of the game has had more important S/T targets that a player wants to remove with how both players can have Field Spells, how Field Spells for archetypes have gotten particularly strong, and the inclusion of pendulums. I've been playing Cosmic Cyclone for my own reasons in some decks, and despite those reasons being good, it never feels enough.

It's a tough game to balance; the ratio between viable backrow and viable removal. If we bring more powerful backrow to 3, the necessity for Twin Twisters over the other removers becomes more apparent, yet with fewer backrows then Twin Twisters becomes too good. At this point, I don't think I'd be in a good position to say what would really be best for the game with finding a balance between removal and targets; not without being able to be a part of card design for Konami.

I think a balance can be achieved, but it's going to take a lot of playtesting and I don't think it's as simple as "Bring more traps because Twin Twisters" or "Hit more traps and hit Twin Twisters as well". I mean, if you want to try and please as many kinds of players, that is.

Wading through backrow makes the game more skilled and you a better deck builder. Not all your plays will go through; you'll have to prioritize

Likewise, the cute sheet will go from your deck, and it will be the optimal build.

it really pushes matters further into a state where you either go first, or you open Duster. 

Except it doesn't Duster usually kills 2-3 cards, the chance of your opponent drawing three potent traps w/o Demise is low.

It'll literally be a slower Twin Twister that can't snipe, and has the benefit of being a +1 relative to Twin Twister

You can't throw claims like that around, when a very active format expressively proves such cases wrong

I get you're a low backrow fan, but that doesn't give you the right to spread falsities about the other side

Archived