3 New Monster Card Types

What I did was come up with 3 new card types with interesting mechanics. I'll start with the 3 new kinds of Monster Cards

1. Alpha
  2. Omega
  3. Bridge

Alpha/Omega Monsters

I'll explain Alpha/Omega first. Alpha monsters are level 1 to level 4. Omega monsters are level 5 to level 12. These two new cards are similar to Tuner monsters in one regard. Tuner monsters are used to synchro summon a Synchro monster. These two cards are used to Bridge Summon a Bridge monster. I'll explain further. You need at least 1 Alpha or 1 Omega monster to Perform a Bridge Summon.

Bridge Summoning

In order to perform a Bridge Summon you place your Alpha/Omega monster in your pendulum zone and send any other monster card type your using for the summon to the graveyard.

1. If you use both an Alpha and an Omega monster they both are placed in your pendulum zones as pendulum scales.
  2. If your pendulum zones already has 2 scales then you cant perform this summon with both an Alpha and an Omega Monster.
  3. If you have 1 empty pendulum zone and are going to Bridge Summon using Only one of those monsters then you can still perform the Bridge Summon by placing the Alpha or Omega(whichever your using) in the Pendulum Zone.

Bridge Monsters

Bridge Monsters are basically a new type Extra Deck monster. Similar to Synchro Monsters in how they are summoned.

1. While a Bridge Monster is face-up on the field, the Alpha/Omega monster(s) in the pendulum zones that were used to Summon it are treated as pendulum scales.
  2. Their original levels are the scales in that regard. Which means you can perform a pendulum summon.
  3. When a Bridge monster leaves the field or is flipped facedown, The Alpha/Omega monsters in the pendulum zones that were used to summon it are sent to the graveyard.
  4. If a Alpha/Omega monster(s) used to summon a Bridge monster is destroyed while in the pendulum zones the Bridge Monster will not be effected in anyway(Unless an effect says so otherwise).
  5. Some Bridge Monsters will state if they require both an Alpha and an Omega monster for a Summon. For example: "1 Alpha monster + 1 Omega". This means any level 4 or lower Alpha monster + level 5 or higher Omega monster.
  6. If a Bridge Monsters level is 5, Then you will definitely need a level 5 monster as a Bridge Material + 1 level 4 or lower monster. Must have at least 1 Alpha or 1 Omega for the summon as well.
  7. Sometimes a Bridge monster will state a certain level for a material which will be a rare thing. For example: "1 Level 1 Alpha" or "1 level 7 Omega" or "1 level 1 monster" or "1 level 7 monster". The last two can be Alpha/Omega monsters if you wish.

Other notes/Thoughts

1. I don't think there will be a hybrid card saying "Pendulum/Alpha/Effect". That would be too good in my opinion.
  2. Yes, you can perform a Bridge Summon using a Pendulum monster.
  3. Anti-spell Fragrance cant negate a Bridge Summon because you are placing the Alpha/Omega monster in your pendulum zone instead of activating them like pendulum monsters which is not the same.
  4. Yes you can destroy them with MST, Twin Twisters, Etc.
  5. Giant Trunade will bounce the materials to the hand if they are in the pendulum zone.
  6. If a Bridge Monster's summon is negated its Alpha/Omega material(s) will go straight to the graveyard from the Pendulum Zone.

So what do you think? Any thoughts or ideas?

Archived