[INOV] Starve Venom Fusion Dragon

b6aa6c12.jpg?resize=169%2C300&ssl=1

INOV-JP038 Starve Venom Fusion Dragon

Level 8 DARK Dragon-Type Fusion Effect Monster

ATK 2800 ATK

DEF 2000

Materials: 2 non-Token DARK monsters on the field

(1) If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can have this card gain ATK equal to the current ATK of 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls, until the end of this turn.

(2) Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls; until the end of this turn, this card’s name becomes the same as that monster’s, and replace this effect with that monster’s effects.

(3) If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed: You can destroy all Special Summoned monsters monsters your opponent controls.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shits on every dimensional dragon including the infamous Crystal Wing.

TBH between this and Dark Requiem Crystal went from the best Dimensional Dragon (Evo) to the 2nd worst (Behind or tied with OERD).

I honestly love what they did here with it, Yuri's supposed to be more OP than the other Yus combined and his dragon shows that off just as well. Also Gospel Target lol.

yep this stomps all the other dimensional dragon and even their evolved form (except maybe dark requiem with 2 mat), this is really cool, can absorb attack and effect of other monsters and if it dies it takes other monster down with him, and its generic!.......just overall evil monster

Funny that this seems really good in RR, easily summonable offensive monster, and in mirror it can even defeat ultimate falcon easily

Oh wow, that... is just vicious.

Shits on every dimensional dragon including the infamous Crystal Wing.

TBH between this and Dark Requiem Crystal went from the best Dimensional Dragon (Evo) to the 2nd worst (Behind or tied with OERD).

I honestly love what they did here with it, Yuri's supposed to be more OP than the other Yus combined and his dragon shows that off just as well. Also Gospel Target lol.

First off, not sure why you're counting this for Evos since it's a base form.

Second, Crystal Wing is far more generic in that any Tuner and Synchro will get it to you, while Requiem needs you to either use Xiangke or Launch to get any effects. So that's a huge point in its favour.

Neat thing to keep in mind, Trump Girl plus any other DARK monster is this. Trump Girl may definitely see a future as a tech in several decks now since she gets around the need to minus with Poly/Fusion Substitute/etc. with this.

i keep telling people that trump girl is an amazing card

And only going to get better

Neat thing to keep in mind, Trump Girl plus any other DARK monster is this. Trump Girl may definitely see a future as a tech in several decks now since she gets around the need to minus with Poly/Fusion Substitute/etc. with this.

Thank you for showing me that card. I can already see me trying a couple of DARK decks with this card as a tech now.

So, considering Trump Girl, doesn't that mean that PPals can effectively summon all 4 Dimensional Dragons?

they lack a tuner in their own theme

however, they can effectively summon 3/4, and they can run nobledragon to access the 4th

Oh wow, that... is just vicious.

First off, not sure why you're counting this for Evos since it's a base form.

Second, Crystal Wing is far more generic in that any Tuner and Synchro will get it to you, while Requiem needs you to either use Xiangke or Launch to get any effects. So that's a huge point in its favour.

I will admit my hype made me forget it was the base form at the time.

It still is the best of the normal dimensional dragons at least. I just find it funny that it CAN beat the evos without trying too hard.

Inevitable future evolution for this does seem scary if they go on the same trend of buffing the base dragons.

Little off topic but would OERD count as Odd Eyes' evo?

Starve Venom?! Letmesee!

Its Materials...2 non-Token DARKs on the Field.

Okay, that's weird. But I get it, because it's a Dragon Fusion, and with Materials that generic, letting you use Dragon's Mirror with the Grave for it would be dumb. But it doesn't let you fuse from hand? That's...annoying.

Now, I mentioned previously that I REALLY hoped Fluffals would be able to use it. And they kind of can, since the Edge Imps and Fusions are DARK, but if you can't fuse from hand, it's pushing it a little.

It actually REALLY bothers me that you can't fuse from hand.

Okay, the effects now.

When Fusion Summoned, it gains the ATK of 1 SSed monster your opponent controls, until the end of the turn. That's...vicious.

It can imprint the effect of 1 Level 5+ monster. That's...interesting, actually.

And if it was destroyed after being Fusion Summoned, you kill all your opponent's SSed monsters.

I'm actually entertained by the fact that this thing will almost always draw with Clear Wing/Crystal Wing. Clear Wing and Crystal Wing can counter its "When Fusion Summoned" effect, and kill it. And then Starve Venom will kill it back.

I really like this, or I WANT to really like this, but the inability to fuse from the hand really bugs me. I do think Zombies can use it best right now, because most of their monsters are DARK, they deal with a lot of recursion, and they can already run Poly/D-Mirror because of Draconecro.

Honestly, this card is really mediocre atm.

The nuke is cute, but against Kozmo, it's far more likely to lose you the game than win it.

the 2 effect is... it's deceptive. It's just not good. What are you going to copy on spell speed 1 that's worth doing so? I can't think of anything.

Otherwise, it's just a temp beater.

It just serves to seal Super Poly further away.

Honestly, this card is really mediocre atm.

Well, it definitely has it uses. Flash Fusion comes to mind and works very well with this card; and being able to beat over almost anything is always a welcome aspect.

The nuke is cute, but against Kozmo, it's far more likely to lose you the game than win it.

It's much more proactive with Flash Fusion, albeit timed, but yeah don't nuke against Kozmo. That should be a given already, honestly.

the 2 effect is... it's deceptive. It's just not good. What are you going to copy on spell speed 1 that's worth doing so? I can't think of anything.

Pluto comes to mind, but if that's not your cup of tea, there's always something like RDA Scarlight which opens avenues for nuking for damage and beating for at least 5800. I'm curious to see how it may interact with Omega. I mean, there is a solid host of synchro monsters with SS1 effects or continuous effects that would be beneficial to use.

It just serves to seal Super Poly further away.

Not a bad thing IMO.

Anyways, the temp-beatdown effect isn't that bad, and it gives something like PK's a better avenue for beating face without having to rely on traps. The Special Summon Nuke is a lot more match-up dependent, and the effect steal really does depend on what your opponent is running, but for how generic its materials are and what it brings to some decks that could really use something that take down something like a Magnus, this becomes a solid choice.

An alternate contact fusion condition would have been nice, i mean you are forced to usethe field anyways, and it would lose 2 of its 3 effects (could have buffed at least the 1st to when its just SS if that were the case)

Card is cool and decent, but the fact that you are forced to fuse from the field seems to much, even with it being the most genereic fusion of the game.

Archived