[RP Archetype; 14/14]Cloaked Assassins/Plagued Royalty

Sluggaholic

So, after some consideration, I figured I'd make this archetype before I forgot what it was, what the story was behind it, and why I had a couple of cards for it in the Card Maker.

So this will be the Archetype one of my OCs uses in an RP I'll be joining soon. As a villain whose backstory involves the assassination of royalty, I figured an assassin-based archetype would be fitting. Though the archetype itself is called "Cloak", it has support for Insect-type monsters in general, since the idea is that these humans you see are plagued humans whose minds have rotted, and who now serve some insect creature whose sole goal is to assassinate the Weeping Queen. The only thing keeping her safe is her Knight, who is soon turned against her as well...

If it ever interests someone, I'll write out the full lore. For now, here are my cards. Feel free to judge them, since CnC is always appreciated, especially from me.

- - - - -Monsters- - - - -

[spoiler=Card Art]
a6_zpsrqny1wzj.jpg
z2_zpsha3fdigw.jpg
a5_zpsejjjf634.jpg
a4_zpsl70ctraf.jpg
a3_zpsjwctgbau.jpg
z10_zpsqgij6d5m.jpg

- - - - -

Blade of the Hunt Cloak
Level 2/WIND/Insect-type Monster
0/1500
EFFECT: If you control a face-up Insect-type monster: you can Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. You can only summon one "Cloak" monster this way per turn. This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's cards. If you control another face-up "Cloak" monster with a different name, you can activate this effect: this card is treated as a Tuner until the end of this turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard as Synchro Material for an Insect-type monster: gain 1000 Life Points.

Blade of the Mire Cloak
Level 2/EARTH/Insect-type Monster 
700/800
EFFECT: If you control a face-up Insect-type monster: you can Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. You can only summon one "Cloak" monster this way per turn. This card cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. If you control another face-up "Cloak" monster with a different name, you can activate this effect: this card is treated as a Tuner until the end of this turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard as Synchro Material for an Insect-type monster: draw 1 card.

Blade of the Maul Cloak
Level 2/DARK/Insect-type Monster
1500/0
EFFECT: If you control a face-up Insect-type monster: you can Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. You can only summon one "Cloak" monster this way per turn. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If you control another face-up "Cloak" monster with a different name, you can activate this effect: this card is treated as a Tuner until the end of this turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard as Synchro Material: the Summoned monster gains 800 ATK if it's Insect-type.

Muse of the Coax Cloak
Level 2/WIND/Insect-type Monster [Tuner]
300/1200
EFFECT: Once per turn, you can reveal 1 Insect-type Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck: if a specific monster's name is needed to Summon that monster, this monster's name is treated as that required name until the End Phase. Target 1 face-up monster you control; monsters you control this turn cannot attack, except Insect-type monsters, also send 1 Insect-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, increase that target's level by 1.

Bladestress of the Ploy Cloak
Level 4/WIND/Insect-type Monster
1200/300
EFFECT: Once per turn, you can reveal 1 Insect-type Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck: if a specific monster's name is needed to Summon that monster, this monster's name is treated as that required name until the End Phase. Target 1 face-up monster you control; monsters you control this turn cannot attack, except Insect-type monsters, also send 1 Insect-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, increase that target's level by 1An Insect-type Synchro Monster Synchro Summoned using this card gains 400 ATK.

Plagueknight Mauvais
Level 4/LIGHT/Insect-type Monster [Tuner]
500/600
EFFECT: When this card is destroyed, and sent to the Graveyard: you can Special Summon up to 2 other "Plagueknight Mauvais" from your Deck to the field. If this card is sent to the Graveyard due to "Maladie, Weeping Queen"s effect, or by the effect of an "Unethical Order" card: you can add 1 Insect-type monster from your Deck to your hand, then discard 1 card.

- - - - -Spells- - - - -

[spoiler=Card Art]
a7_zpsbbbmjpds.jpg
a8_zps2sfpfgbv.jpg

z14_zps5jzkipjd.jpg

- - - - -

Unethical Order: Sustenance
Continuous Spell Card
EFFECT: When this card is activated: add one "Plagueknight Mauvais" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. All Insect-type monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF. If a face-up "Maladie, Weeping Queen" you control is destroyed: gain LP equal to that card's original ATK. You can banish this card from the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Cloak" or "Plagueknight Mauvais" monster from your hand or Graveyard. This effect cannot be used the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard.

Unethical Order: Bloodletting
Normal Spell Card
EFFECT: Send one face-up card equipped to "Maladie, Weeping Queen" to the Graveyard; "Maladie, Weeping Queen" gains 1000 ATK and cannot be destroyed by battle until the end of your opponent's End Phase. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, while this card is in the Graveyard: you can banish this card and 1 Insect-type monster from your Graveyard; all your Insect-type Synchro Monsters gain 500 ATK until the End Phase, OR: Special Summon a "Cloak" or "Plagueknight" monster from you hand.. You can only use one effect of "Unethical Order: Bloodletting" per turn and only once that turn.

Unethical Order: Severance
Quick-Play Spell Card
EFFECT: Send one face-up card equipped to "Maladie, Weeping Queen" to the Graveyard; any card that battles a "Maladie, Weeping Queen" you control this turn is destroyed before damage calculation (this effect cannot be negated). Once per turn, during either player's turn, while this card is in the Graveyard: you can banish this card and 1 Insect-type monster from your Graveyard; all face-up Insect-type Synchro Monsters you control cannot be targeted for battle this turn.

- - - - -Extra Deck Monsters- - - - -

[spoiler=Card Art]
z4_zpsfvhvnpeb.jpg
a1_zpsrtmqrj25.jpg
z6_zpsswhyjb4p.jpg
z7_zps4om89pu5.jpg
a2_zpsqm32fqor.jpg

- - - - -

Assassin of the Bedevilment Cloak
Level 4/WIND/Insect-type (Synchro) Monster
0/2000
EFFECT: 1 Insect-type Tuner + 1 "Blade of the Hunt Cloak"
This card is treated as Plant-type while face-up on the field. This face-up card on the field cannot be targeted by your opponent's cards. If you gain Life Points, this card gains ATK equal to double the amount you gain. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: this card's original ATK becomes equal to that monster's ATK minus 500. If this card is destroyed: you can add 1 Insect-type Tuner from your Graveyard to your hand.

Assassin of the Tribulation Cloak
Level 4/EARTH/Insect-type (Synchro) Monster
1000/1000
EFFECT: 1 Insect-type Tuner + 1 "Blade of the Mire Cloak"
This card is treated as Rock-type while face-up on the field. This face-up card on the field cannot be destroyed by your opponent's cards. Your opponent takes any damage you would from battles with this card, and if it attacks or is attacked, at the end of the Damage Step: destroy the monster this card battled. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: you can add 1 Insect-type Tuner from your Graveyard to your hand.

Assassin of the Curtailation Cloak
Level 4/DARK/Insect-type (Synchro) Monster
2000/0
EFFECT: 1 Insect-type Tuner + 1 "Blade of the Maul Cloak"
This card is treated as Machine-type while face-up on the field. This face-up card on the field cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: you can add 1 Insect-type monster from your Deck to your hand. When this card is destroyed: you can add 1 Insect-type Tuner from your Graveyard to your hand.

Regicide, Cloaked King of Assassins
Level 6/WIND/Insect-type (Synchro) Monster
2200/1200
EFFECT: 1 Tuner monster + 1 or more Insect-type non-Tuner monsters
This card is treated as Winged Beast-type while face-up on the field. Once per turn, you can negate one monster's effects on the field until the end of the turn. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys a monster by battle: you can Special Summon one Insect-type monster whose level is less than or equal to this card's from your Graveyard to the field.

Maladie, Weeping Queen
Level 8/DARK/Insect-type (Synchro) Monster
2500/2600
EFFECT: 1 "Plagueknight Mauvais" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned using only Insect-type monsters: this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card was Synchro Summoned using a Synchro Monster as a Synchro Material this turn: draw 1 card, then, you can destroy 1 card on the field. Once per turn, you can equip one Insect-type monster from your Graveyard or hand to this card. This card gains 500 ATK for each card equipped to it, and if it would be targeted by your opponent's card: send 1 Insect-type equipped to this card to the Graveyard; negate that effect and banish that card.

- - - - -

So, yeah. Uh... If anyone from the RP sees this, I hope you enjoy my villain's archetype! Hopefully the duels will be tense, and the interaction tenser!

I'm only going to comment on the ones I need to, so if I'm missing any, then I think they're fine.

[spoiler=Monsters]

Blade of the Hunt Cloak - Most of it is fine, but 1500 is a lot of LP. Also, I know you're going for a combo with this and the first Synchro, and 3000 ATK is WAY too much off of a Level 4 Synchro. I recommend changing it to something like 800.

Blade of the Maul Cloak - Same problem as the above card, because 1500 is too much ATK to gain at once, and it also pushes that Synchro up to 4500 ATK. Also think changing to 800 is good.

Muse of the Coax Cloak - It's pretty good, but I think changing it to sending 1 Insect-Type monster from the Deck is safer. After all, you still have Foolish Burial, as well as CotH and such to revive them from the grave too.

Bladestress of the Ploy Cloak - Oh look, a Level 4 version of the above card. I recommend the same change, and the two together will still be able to make that Level 8 Synchro.

[spoiler=Spells]

Unethical Order: Sustenance - 1, 2, 3, 4... 5 effects?! That needs fixing. I think effect number 3 (Discard 1 to add an Insect) is a bit too generic for a Continuous Spell like this, and it already has the ability to search Mauvais. Effect 4 (Gain LP) kinda seems wedged in there, ALSO to support that Synchro monster (Seriously, is that this the pre-boss or something?). The last effect would be fine if you added a "Except during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard" clause, to prevent too much spam in one turn.

Unethical Order: Bloodletting - I'm talking about this thing not because it's powerful, but rather because I'm concerned about how you're going to get more than one Queen on the field at a time. Also, the Graveyard effect could do with a "Cloak" Special Summoning effect. Perhaps from the hand?

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Assassin of the Bedevilment Cloak - This one was the one I was referencing with the first 2 monsters, though I think if you update their effects as I suggested, this guy won't b overpowered, reaching a maximum of 2400 with those 2 as its materials. I'm trying to figure out why that second effect is there, but can't find an answer. Frankly, I think it's unneeded. The last effect is fine, though the targeting immunity is concerning but I suppose it's fine since it's meant to reflect the main deck monster is is Summoned off.

Assassin of the Tribulation Cloak - So, all of its effect can kind of go off at once, if you ram this into an opponent's monster with higher ATK. The only thing I'd recommend changing is the 1 card draw after it destroys an opponent's monster, to make sure you don't gain too much advantage all at once.

Maladie, Weeping Queen - Due to the wording of the second effect, you can activate it an infinite number of times. To fix this, it should probably activate when the monster is Synchro Summoned. The rest of it is fine, because the negation effect is mandatory.

And there we have it! All in all an interesting Archetype that I think could work quite well.

Looking forward to the RP!

Heeded your suggestions, but changed them a bit to make them have some decent power as well.

Hunt Cloak- Changed from 1500 > 1000

Maul Cloak- Changed from 1500 > 800

NOTE: This will make Bedevilment's ATK temporarily the same as Curtailation's the turn it's summoned [2800].)

Coax Cloak- Changed as you recommend.

Ploy Cloak- Changed as you recommend, but this time, I gave it a small boost.

Sustenance- Changed as you recommend.

Bloodletting- Gave myself a choice of either gaining the 500 ATK, OR: Special Summoning a "Cloak" or "Plagueknight" monster from my hand to the field.

Bedevilment- No changes made, I just wanted to bring this to sight: it's worded incorrectly. I meant to give it an "...until the End Phase" clause. I won't add it, but if you think I should, please tell me.

Tribulation- Changed as you recommend.

Maladie- Changed as you recommend.

Archived