YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 7

Chiri Tsukikawa

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of this moment nominations are closed. I accept full responsibility if I missed any nominations and I'll take the appropriate punishment (if that happened). If you'd like to be on the safe side, look over the randomization or the list in the OP (whichever you prefer). I definitely should have sorted them by person.

I'm not saying look through the ENTIRE thing to be on the safe side. Using the find function of your browser on the OP would work best (I really should have done this myself...).

[spoiler=The round 1 randomization]29aefbcfadda3a3b1a7bc24a40781334.png

b3274652e8f2fa09420b2ca6405146d8.png

473fe1447673bf43ca95377e0441229f.png

d810fc0a836c8fcc349e00ffdbc85633.png

0d4d0bb0b0133a8e05e055b6f0615136.png

d094dc1e182d7f7c6552cfc8d406246f.png

c2987fbf69293ab4bbcc24e83eb2797c.png

Will start posting the matches soon, though they will be open for over 48 hours, but I've decided that I won't end any of them until after a certain time for this (see OP for details.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's

[spoiler=The round 2 randomization]cbe3e8cec0390c11f30d96c656d1a4c2.png

819d644e46f568d12ec04c38e4e67e06.png

538af4ca5dadbc835015677be467549e.png

564f2c9b72e4163ba1ea03bb8c3877a7.png

aafac1ac363f2d9cf1f0690d787d65d2.png

So you guys know, I have decided to jump right into the 1v1 matches (where possible, considering some will need to be 3P). I know it will take longer, but I just thought 6 would be too much to choose from (not in a "too hard to choose" way, but in a "too easy to choose" way and not to mention how the votes will be spread apart way more), even if it may have happened before.

This is my decision and it's final, and if you want to ban me from hosting this again, that's fine. I just want to do it this way (and there shouldn't be a problem).

Don't worry about if you have to jump into the 1v1 matches right away, considering the multiple draws; it was bound to happen (it's happened in the other tournaments under my watch, albeit with half the starting number).

But doing a bit of simple algebra, you'll need 37 regular 1v1s and the other 27 are going to be 3P (just decide what matches are going to be triples). Method used is the same one from GPT 2, like you mentioned earlier. 

Don't worry about if you have to jump into the 1v1 matches right away, considering the multiple draws; it was bound to happen (it's happened in the other tournaments under my watch, albeit with half the starting number).

But doing a bit of simple algebra, you'll need 37 regular 1v1s and the other 27 are going to be 3P (just decide what matches are going to be triples). Method used is the same one from GPT 2, like you mentioned earlier. 

That's good. I just thought that because I remembered seeing matches with more than 4 Pokemon, it was standard to just continue the big matches until after round 2. I didn't remember that jumping right into 1v1 happened before.

And that's what I thought. Good to have that extra confirmation. I just decided to make the 3P ones the first 27 (and doing it that way coincidentally avoided an Escavalier vs. Accelgor match that would have happened if I alternated 1v1, 3P, 1v1, etc. until all 3Ps were posted).

I see maybe 1 match I'm probably going to be pissed at the RNG for, but it doesn't appear to come until later. 

Still have 19 noms left (might've been 20 if I had decided to last minute save Zextra/Milotic and force the runner-up tie). But then again, RNG screwed me over three times (think it did the same amount for you too); Jolteon/Latios, the CC mod wars [you were in this one] and Garchomp/Yveltal. 

-----
EDIT: Using this to keep tabs on my Round 2 nominations and their progress

ROUND 2

• Espeon
  • Latias
  • Rayquaza
  • Jolteon
  • Kyurem 
  • Keldeo
  • Yveltal
  • Arcanine
  • Mewtwo
  • Suicune
  • Garchomp
  • Shaymin-Sky
  • Lugia
  • Leafeon
  • Dragonite
  • Tyranitar
  • Cobalion
  • Absol
  • Entei

Same rules apply; bold is advanced, strikethrough is out and neutral is either fighting / hasn't gotten through. 

RIP in pepperonis (Round 2)

• Entei (lost to Reshi; tied with Floatzel)
  • Keldeo (lost to Eevee; tied with Maractus)
  • Yveltal (lost to Volcarona)
  • Shaymin (lost to Garchomp/comrade; 5-4)
  • Cobalion (lost to Talonflame [black marked])
  • Suicune (lost to Zoroark; 6-3)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the RNG pulled another one on Jolteon and forced it to fight another nom (can he even catch a break?)
Aside from that, don't have too many issues with the matches (for the time being); still have a good chunk of noms left. 

----
ROUND 3

• Espeon
  • Latias
  • Rayquaza
  • Jolteon
  • Kyurem 
  • Arcanine
  • Mewtwo
  • Garchomp
  • Lugia
  • Leafeon
  • Dragonite
  • Tyranitar
  • Absol

Same rules apply; bold is advanced, strikethrough is out and neutral is either fighting / hasn't gotten battle yet 

RIP in pepperonis (Round 3)

• Latias-chan (rest in heaven, my dragon angel; thou shall be missed)
  • Jolteon (lost to Swampert along with Latias; 5/3/2)
  • Kyurem (lost to Eevee; dies with Mamoswine; 5/4/1)
  • Lugia (lost to Froslass; beats Doublade; 6/3/1)
  • Espeon (lost to Drifblm; ties with Beautifly; 6/4/4)
  • Arcanine (lost to Rotom; beats Minun; 7/5/2)
  • Dragonite (lost to Mewtwo [comrade] and Aurorus; 4/4, 3)

[spoiler=Bingo Book]

• Shuckle
  • Cresselia
  • Volcarona
  • Drifblim
  • Rotom
  • Talonflame
  • Swampert

I'll probs not look in the spoiler and keep the matchups a surprise for when the threads appear (I just hope the RNG Goddess doesn't pit my #noms against each other), but I have a number of 'mons to look out for. 8 of which are my 'noms

1. Gallade

2. Goodra

3. Salamence

4. Umbreon

5. Crobat

6. Flygon

7. Palkia

8. Jellicent

​EDIT: Well that round was almost a massacre (with 5 of my noms falling, leaving me with only 3)

• 2 weeks later...

I lost half of mine this round (well, 7 out of 13); two of them in the same fight. Let's just say that a lot of us got massacred in terms of noms.

This time, I'll keep the matches a surprise instead of reading the screenshot. 

Just keeping this post for my Round 4 noms (and bingo book, if I have to use it again). 

----
ROUND 4

• Rayquaza
  • Mewtwo
  • Garchomp
  • Leafeon
  • Tyranitar
  • Absol

Same rules apply; bold is advanced, strikethrough is out and neutral is either fighting / hasn't gotten battle yet 

RIP in pepperonis (Round 4)

• Absol (lost to Meganium; died with Vaporeon; 4/3/2)
  • Mewtwo (lost to Breloom; 5/4)

[spoiler=Bingo Book]

• Volcarona
  • Swampert

----

ROUND 5

• Rayquaza
  • Garchomp
  • Tyranitar
  • Leafeon

RIP in pepperonis (Round 5)

• Rayquaza (lost to Typhlosion; 6/5)
  • Leafeon (lost to Porygon-Z; 6/5)
  • Garchomp (lost to Torterra; 7/5)
  • Tyranitar (lost to Breloom, died with Blastoise; 6/2/2)

[spoiler=Bingo Book]

• Volcarona
  • Porygon-Z
  • Swampert
  • Breloom

[spoiler=The round 5 randomization]fe02954f7e357059dc200d98b9ffc097.png

You can blame me this time as I actually forgot to do this last night.

Don't know if I should wait because less than one and a half days might be bad, but it doesn't really seem like it would be. The people that usually notice them the first day probably still will and the people that don't, well, they won't (just as usual).

Only Flygon remains for me. Keeping the matchups a secret ofc, but as long as Flygon isn't paired against Garchomp the murderer, I'm good.

EDIT: He's doing alright as it stands, not losing but not winning either. things can change though.

I assume the last match is the 3-man though. (and I assumed right)

Round 5 killed off all mine too, so at this point, I just have to pick one of the remaining noms as a "pseudo-nomination" and support that one. But yeah, posting all of the quarterfinal matches might've been a good idea since there's really not much left to do. That, and the other tournament more/less finished.

Just tell Sage that it's open now and whatever tie breaker he needs to do can go on.

----

GPT 8 will not occur until maybe December (after Sun/Moon have been out long enough and we've gotten enough time to get used to Gen 7 stuff and develop feelings on them). A reminder that I'm doing that one, and soon afterwards, British will be doing a champions tournament.

Archived