YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 7

Chiri Tsukikawa

GPT 8 will not occur until maybe December (after Sun/Moon have been out long enough and we've gotten enough time to get used to Gen 7 stuff and develop feelings on them). A reminder that I'm doing that one, and soon afterwards, British will be doing a champions tournament.

Unless the winner of GPT 8 is a past winner ofc (unlikely I know, but still a possibility if they're nominated).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the event that GPT 8 is already won by a past winner, just take the runner-up if they haven't won either [the specifics can be worked out later when we get there].

• Flygon: Hoenn
  • Rayquaza: Hoenn
  • Vaporeon: Kanto
  • Zigzagoon: Hoenn
  • Venusaur: Kanto
  • Masquerain: Hoenn

This one should have a fresh champion, since none of the Pokes left have won anything (then again, it'll probably be the first tournament we get any champions that aren't Gen 1 or 3 (unless Breloom wins); no Kalos stuff though.

I'm just amazed Volcarona's made it to the semifinals. Praise the sun, bastards.

That said holy hell are the shiny palettes on our semifinalists ugly. Best one is probably P-Z and even that's just kinda like "ehhhhhh"

To be more precise, 4 Hoenn and 2 Kanto; didn't I make a list earlier on. But yeah, it'll be refreshing to have a champion from somewhere else (three are starter mons, but that's fine). Kalos will have to wait for next tournament for redemption though. 

Not really bothered by the shiny sprites; yeah, they aren't really appealing but take it out on Gamefreak for making their designs like that to begin with. Typhlosion's one, I'm not really keen on; Torterra is neutral. Rest of them are nice for the most part. 

Archived