The Chosen: RP Hardcore Mode (OOC/Not Accepting/PG-16)

Bump.

Also guys I feel I have to apologize. I've been kinda bad at hosting this.

The pace is so slow and that was my mistake. I'm really struggling with figuring out the right way to pace this, how much to let people do, and how much to describe in my posts. I feel I should be giving more information and moving the pace along faster.

So this is me saying I'm sorry. And saying I'll try better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright people new plan.

Planning is good but actions are good too.

So if anyone isn't able to do a post by the time my post rolls around (tomorrow) and wishes to take an action such as investigate, attack, move things, etc etc, tell me so I can include it in the post.

Otherwise sometimes, like now, my post won't have much of anything.

Note: I can't guarantee this means your character will be safe from the "didn't post, bad stuff happens to you" thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Attention Cherz. You have consistently not posted and have not offered explanation or even been around in the chat.

I give you this decree.

If you don't post by the end of January 20th, you will be removed from this RP. Unless you can give me a reason why you haven't posted and a promise to post consistently.

5550999165e3c3f1d4656ecf3eddefac.png

Okay not to scale and more a rough estimate but to clear some stuff up. (this is before Kha's post)

1. Most of the Chosen

2. Lindow and Keres

3. Dead leader dude

4. four (two on each side) sword wielding guys heading for Lindow and Keres (These are the ones that are dismounted now)

5. three javelin wielding guys

6. four (two on each side) sword wielding guys heading for the rest of the group

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

And for my lovely RPers here (wow what a way to bump this) I present the gift....of Candy Corn! *dodges tomato*

But wait there's more!

Each of you will have, on their person, a single piece of Candy Corn. This candy tastes disgusting HOWEVER it has the incredible power of being able to communicate with an Undead creature.

How it works is you eat the candy as you are looking at an Undead and you can converse with them for several minutes. This is a very specific item and it might backfire but I felt it was only fitting for a bit of Halloween spirit!

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=After IC]Boss Soul: A leftover remnant of a powerful foe, used by Chosen to increase abilities.

Basically this is something I decided partway into the RP because I wanted a (somewhat RPG) way of increasing abilities logically (because just growing stronger through fighting can only go so far). When you beat particularly strong enemies, mini-bosses, optional bosses, legendary monsters, bosses, etc etc, they will leave behind a "Boss Soul" that each Chosen can absorb to get stronger.

Some will be stronger than others, this one in particular is on the smaller side, and give more of a boost.

Their effects will vary depending on what you want. This one will be a default "slight boost to general abilities" but in the future when encountering a Boss Soul...

Well you'll be able to decide on your own. I want you all to come up with upgrades, be it new magic, strengthening old magic, strengthening physical abilities, or learning new physical skills, whenever we get a new Boss Soul. And I will tell you if it's too much, or too little, of a boost.

Hopefully this isn't too farfetched and it's something you'll enjoy because I was looking forward to seeing how you all felt about it and didn't want to spoil the surprise.

• 9 months later...

Hello all. A message for you to read after reading the IC post. Make sure to read that first before continuing with reading this.

Okay so the Boss Soul. Make sure to figure out what kind of boost you'll get and okay it with me.

Also be sure to list the "upgrades" as it were in your app.

And another thing. The inventory link at the bottom of the OP....Gonna want you all to make sure to use it. If the item, unless it's something relatively unimportant, isn't in your inventory on that then you do not have it.

I also am gonna need people to get specific numbers for the things as well. Such as Anis's arrows and such.

And when you use things make sure to remove them. If I find things still in the inventory and you used them I'll remove them myself but if it comes to that then I won't give a chance to reclaim them (things such as throwing knives and arrows can be retrieved but sometimes they'll be lost/damaged so it's important)

On that note....Thinking about moving to Discord if that's something you'd want. Especially as it'll be easier to access the inventory.

Alright folks so here we go.

Points and Boss Souls and stats woo

We have 5 attributes.

Strength: Determines physical strength.

Skill: Determines accuracy and ability to pull of various "stunts/tricks"

Speed: Determines, well, how fast you are

Endurance: Determines ability to take hits and fortitude

Perception: Determines ability to notice things, including combat awareness, and willpower

The attributes will vary from 1-12. 2 is the base average. 6 and above would be considered monstrous and above normal capabilities. 3-5 would be above average to great.

All player characters start with either 1, 2 or 3 in each attribute. And it can be increased from "points" granted from Boss Souls.

Small Boss Souls give 2 points. Large give 6.

To advance a number you must use up points equal to the number you'll be increased to. One at a time.

Say you want to get from 2 to 4

You need 3 points to get to 3 and then 4 more, a total of 7, to get to 4.

Points can instead be used for creating or enhancing abilities and magic but there isn't a singular number for that. Instead we'll have to work out together what you want done and how much it'll take.

At the moment you all have 4 points from the two Small Boss Souls.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gd9fVuLYB94ZtdLZrk42getSMIKv74opyxJzyUWK54/edit#gid=646436736

This is where you can put the points in for attributes. Most likely we'll want to keep track of magic and abilities individually in your own documents or the app in this thread. Possibly will have a chart for these as well. Unsure yet.

Now...I don't want to determine the stats by myself. I have some idea of what it might be but we should each discuss what the starting stats would be.

As for Spirits. They do not power increases in this way. They will naturally grow a bit stronger as you do but they generally won't change much.

Archived