Sonic the Hedgehog: Solar Tides [IC/Accepting]

Mr. Hyde

"It took us far too long to catch this guy.His aura might be laughable, but he's quite good at running..." Axel stated. Chimera couldn't agree more. His hand began to shift, turning into a gun.

"S-So Axel...h-how are we gonna i-interrogate him...?" Zane asked, out of breath. Chimera rolled his eyes at that idea. No, interrogation was a mercy, something Chimera was fresh out of.

"I can think of a few ways."  Ken said, smacking his fists together. "Hell, I don't see why we just don't up and throw him off board anyway.  Like we need to interrogate some simple thief, amiright?"  

"Negative," Chimera stated as he took a step forward, placing his gun's barrel right on the cat's forehead. "I have let too many organics tarnish this ship, and too many have gotten away with their lives. This one will be a message to any others," He said, his voice being deadly serious, even compared to his usual serious tone, the sound of the cannon powering up being heard.

The killer robot was ready to kill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mobian Sea - Light Piercer - Top Deck

"No." Placing himself between Chimera and their captive, Axel gripped Chimera's arm tightly and prepared himself to warp the egg robot away should he still decide to shoot. "He has information regarding Alex's captors..." Axel met Chimera's gaze with the same intensity, very clearly invested in this situation with both an emerald and a friend in jeopardy.

"I don't care what you do with him after," Without breaking his stare Axel shifted slightly to his right whilst drawing his free hand back. Chaos energy sparked at the tips of his fingers as he swiped them twice across the surface of the cat's prison, causing two hunks of ice around the intruder's face to quiver before sliding to either side. "But I won't let you put Alex in jeopardy to prove a point." Axel said over the sounds of ice shattering against the deck. 

IsOSufc.png

??? - ??? - Upper Deck

After having a heaping helping of stew fixed for her by Blake, Alex is giving a brief moment of respite as the Batsu made another lunge for his large spoon, and once again began bickering with Roxie.

The first mouthful of stew would cause her eyes to widen in awe. It was as if liquid happiness had begun sliding down her body, and the warm sensation seemed to blend perfectly with the texture of the thicker ingredients to create a taste that could only be describe as "Really f***ing good!". It was far better than the rations created for her on the Light Piercer in every regard. A true home-cooked meal...

"Batsy, KNOCK IT OFF!"

"I got ya this time, Captain!"

"H-Hey, watch it you two..."

"... Enough..."

"Is it... still a dog pile if we don't have Blake?" 

Watching as the other pirates moved in to break up Roxie and Batsu's antics, Blake glanced over to Alex just in time to catch her reaction to the stew. "Pretty good, huh?" He nodded at the contents of her bowl before moving a spoon full into his own mouth. "Would you believe me if I told you that one made it?"  He nodded over to Roxie, as she leaped on to Batsu's back and began biting at his shoulder, only to be yanked off by Kiara whilst Blake and Benny moved in to separate her from the rooster.

"I know she seems nuts, but maybe try hearing her out..." He spoke as if he were indifferent about it all. "You're already here after all.

It didn't take long for the roughhousing to stop, and by the end of it all, the pirates were each sprawled out around the fire, exhausted and once again hungry from all the activity. Dusting herself off, Roxie sat up and looked towards Alex, her eyes widening as if she had forgotten the feline was there.

"Where are my manners, love?" Roxie spoke whilst jumping to her feet. "I never even introduced you to the gang!" Beaming with excitement, Roxie twirled and pointed over to the bat that sat behind her. "This right here is Kiara,"

"Flattered I'm sure." Kiara waved and winked at Alex before returning her attention to fixing her hair, which had be ruined in the scuffle. Alex would notice that upon closer inspection, the bat's wings seemed to be made from the same material as her new arm only colored a deep black."You'd think someone from such a nice ship would have better taste in wardrobe..." She said just loud enough for Alex to hear before Roxie moved to point at the monkey that was floating upside down a few feet above the group.

"Benny,"

"Hi." Hearing her name, Benny came floating down so that her face was nearly touching Alex's. Still hanging upside down by some unknown force, her hair surrendered to gravity to reveal that her irises were an unnatural white color, and that she also boasted two rather impressive scars across both eyes. 

"She doesn't really get personal space..." Kiara offered rather unhelpfully as Benny's nose brushed against Alex's whilst the monkey peered into her face with a blank expression. "Or a lot of other things for that matter."

Suddenly, Benny was snatched away by a blur of movement. Upon glancing to her side, Alex would be met with  Alfonso the Scorpion just has he gently released Benny into the air at his side, having moved her with a quick flick of his tail.

"That's Alfonso,"

"...Pleasure..." The scorpion's voice was raspy and lacked any inflection at all, as if it had came from a robot. Despite this, he smiled shyly and bowed in greeting.

"Then there's Ba-" 

"BATSU IS THE NAME!" The large rooster suddenly leaped forward and flexed his large muscles in front of Alex. "AND ASS KIC-" Before Batsu could finish his introduction, Roxie pushed past him, causing him to lose balance and tumble to the side. "H-Hey!" 

"You've already shown off enough defining character traits, Batsy. You don't get to have an intro scene..." Roxie flashed Alex a million dollar smirk and nodded over to the rooster. "He's foreign." 

"Blake. Though how could you not know that with Roxie screaming my name all time..." The wolf called from behind.

"He's the only one that's not like us. " Roxie added. "None of this could have been possible without Blakey-poo... he may try to act cool, but he's actually a huuuuge softy." This prompted a grumble from Blake, which caused Roxie to giggle with amusement. 

"Welcome aboard the Havoc, love!" Roxie spread her arms wide, causing the moon light to shine off her metallic forearms. "Or should I say welcome home?"  

IsOSufc.png

Mobian Sea - Light Piercer - Top Deck

There was a slight tension on the deck as Axel and Chimera stood facing each other. Though he was aware that now was not the time for fighting amongst themselves, the events of today had left Axel on edge and very easily pushed.

Though it seemed their captive was completely unaware of said tension, and proceeded to scream as soon as he was able to. "You guys are a real piece of work, ya know that?!"  His head flailed wildly as he struggled against his ice prison to no avail.

It was now time for one of our heroes to step up to the plate to get some answers...

Cynthia rolled her eyes at the conflict between axel and chimera over what to do with their prisoner, she wondered if this eggman person made other robots with chimera's mindset. She walked past the two and just stood in front of the catsicle. "Look buddy, things aren't good for ya right now and I'd rather not have to clean up a bloody mess from the floor, so I think you should start telling us what you're doing here and if you're with those pirates..." she said with one hand in her pocket.

The cat looked at Cynthia as if she had said something stupid. "With them?! I was in hot pursuit of them until you guys went and caught Rox-Beard's eye..."

Cynthia took her hand out of her pocket. "Then explain what you were doing on our cruiser in the first place..." she turned her hand into stone as she spoke. "I may have more patience than our robot friend here... But if you don't spill it now, you're gonna be in a million pieces..." she stated raising her fist.

The catsicle sighed dejectedly. "Alright Alright I get it... you guys are real eager to beat up on the guy on ice." He looked around at everyone. "What are you guys, mercenaries?"

Cynthia looked back at the others and back to the cat. "Not exactly... We're more of a... Group of heroes I guess..."

"Oh yea, how could I have not noticed..." He motioned down to his ice prison, Chimera, and then finally to the hand Cynthia had raised. "Heroes." He added sarcasticly.

Cynthia sighed and lowered her hand. "Look... You caught us at a really bad time and things are really on edge right now... One of our friends got catnapped... Plus you have to admit, sneaking onto someone's ship that had just been attacked wasn't really a smart idea..." she stated while crossing her arms.

"I wasn't sneaking." He said in a dignified manner as if he were offended. His posture seemed to relax a little. "I was helping. Rox-Beard plants b-" His eyes suddenly widened in panic and he started franticly squirming. "BOMBS BOMBS BOMBS!"

Cynthia smirked a little. "Wait... I thought you said you weren't with them..." she said slyly before hearing the bombs part. "Wait, what bombs!?"

"hahaha real funny. Mess with the guy with the frozen tail, tell him you didn't take care of the rest of the bombs...." He was now obviously in distress. He turned to Chimera."Bean bro, you don't look like you're programed to joke, tell me you took care of the rest of the bombs...."

Cynthia looked at Chimera. "What's this guy talking about, 'Metal Face?'"

"No." Chimera looked over at Axel, his gaze narrowing as he saw the hedgehog put a hand on his gun. "He has information regarding Alex's captors..." Axel met Chimera's gaze with the same intensity. "I don't care what you do with him after," Without breaking his stare Axel shifted slightly to his right whilst drawing his free hand back. Chaos energy sparked at the tips of his fingers as he swiped them twice across the surface of the cat's prison, causing two hunks of ice around the intruder's face to quiver before sliding to either side. "But I won't let you put Alex in jeopardy to prove a point." Axel said over the sounds of ice shattering against the deck. 

"You guys are a real piece of work, ya know that?!" Chimera simply fired a shot, this one zooming past the cat's head in an effort to shut him up.

"My point?" Chimera stated as he took his hand out of Axel's grip. "My point is that not only do I know where they are, but I have crippled their ship, allowing us to overtake them at any moment. Anything that cat has is redundant information," He folded his arms. "Here's the real point. Would you like it if I went to Silver's place of death and just began to dance on his grave? Spray graffiti on his tombstone? Allow someone to piss on it, and when you are justifiably angry, I then tell you to 'Let them go, because they are of no use, and we're letting them go for no reason,'?" Chimera asked, his voice cold and robotic. "Because I have been nothing but accommodating for all your whims, and that is exactly what I got in return," 

"Hahaha real funny. Mess with the guy with the frozen tail, tell him you didn't take care of the rest of the bombs...." The cat spoke up before he turned to Chimera. "Bean bro, you don't look like you're programed to joke, tell me you took care of the rest of the bombs...."

Cynthia looked at Chimera. "What's this guy talking about, 'Metal Face?'" Chimera said nothing, only turning to storm off. Now he had those damn organics trying to destroy the ship even after they left. Soon, vengeance would rain down on the pirates. He would make them pay.

She couldn't believe what she just heard. Introductions aside, Alex just stared at Roxie for a moment. "Wait... Whoa whoa... What do you mean, 'home?'" Roxie was silent as if she wasn't expecting that to be Alex's answer. Things were silent all around until Blake spoke up.

“She means to say that she wants you to be a part of the crew...” The wolf stated. The others seem to be chatting amongst themselves in the meantime. Alex heard it right, and it made her blood boil.

"Really? You really expect me, to join you... After you beat the hell out of me and my friends and kidnapped me!?" These pirates were either stupid or very bold to ask that. Blake just nodded with a "Yep." Roxie stepped up then.

“I’m the greatest sky pirate to ever live!” She’ll smile brightly. “I’m going to take everything. Gold, food, ships, and even friends. It’s the least the world can do after everything...” She sounded gloomy on that last sentence. Alex just crossed her arms.

"Give me one reason... One reason! Why I should join you. I may be a thief, but I'm not as low as you people. I steal to survive, you people just steal for the hell of it by looks of things!" The whole deck went silent when she yelled that, like she had struck a nerve or something.

“For the hell of it, huh?” Roxie's gaze shifted off to the edge of the deck. “All this stupid world does is take take take... I know you know I’m right, I can see it in your eyes.” Her metal hands shook. ”You’ve lost something or someone to the only thief I know that’s better than I am... life. “ She turned to Alex and forced a smile, there was a pain in her expression, the same pain Alex felt when she lost her old life. “This world took everything from me...” She held up her arms so she could get a good look. “I was lost. I had nobody. Nothing. Not even my own feet to stand on...”

She turned to Blake. “And then Blake found me. Just like me, he had everything taking from him. But for some reason he still decided to give me a choice.”

Blake sighed. “Roxie’s operation had a 40% chance of success. I almost lost her twice from the pain alone...” Roxie faced Alex again with a genuine smile.

“But here I am! After Blake was done with me, I realized that there were more people like us... That had everything stolen by the world, and were left to rotting. Broken.” Determination started to burn in her eyes, It was almost captivating. “After that, I knew what I had to do... I’d gather ‘em up. Blake would help them, and then together, we we’d take back everything this bloody world took from us!”

Alex looked down half way through Roxie's speech. Loss... Everyone on this cruiser felt it, one way or another. The loss of her parents, her brother disowning her, the only one who even remotely cared for her dying. All those memories were popping into her head. She had to cover her face just to hide the few tears she was shedding. Roxie stepped in and hugged her. There was a warmth to her despite the metal on her body. “There’s no need for all that, love.” She whispered between the two. “You’re with family now.” She pulled away and tossed Alex a rag to dry her face. “All that’s left is for you to tell us what to call ya!”

She wiped her face and looked at the group. The others may find her, but until then, this looked like home. "My... My name is alex..."

As Chimera stormed off, Axel couldn't help but wonder how right the egg robot actually was. Though he was no saint himself by any means, something about killing the Cat just felt... wrong. Shifting his gaze towards feline, he realized that it wasn't his morals that were telling him not kills the intruder. It was something outside himself...

"The Chaos Force?"  He questioned, only to snap back to attention upon hearing the Cat speak once again. What could the Chaos force possible want with him? Suddenly remembered his dream. The two figures battle amongst the flame...

"LET ME OUT, MAN!" The yellow cat pleaded to in his direction, squirming intensifying as he struggle against the ice. "I CAN HELP! I SWEAR I'M NOT WITH ROX-BEARD..."

Fear. Desperation. Those were the only emotions Axel sensed. "No malicious intent..." Axel mumbled before stepping forward. With a wide sweep of his hand, the white hedgehog shattered the prison of ice that incased the Cat, causing the prisoner to tumble to the ground. 

"Ugh... Thanks ma- HEY!"

Before he could bring himself to his feet, the Cat was hoisted up by his collar. "You will help us remove the explosives. Then, you're going to tell us exactly who you are." Axel glared daggers into the intruder, his eyes glowing with light blue energy. "If you try to run, you'll wish Chimera had killed you moments ago." 

"..." The Cat was speechless for a moment. "Y-Yea let's do that!"

IsOSufc.png

Mobian Sea (2 Days After Alex's Cat-napping ) - Pirate Ship - Top Deck 

Alex looked off towards the setting sun as it's last rays tickled her fur. For a moment, it reminded her of a certain God of Flames, but her mind made quick work of pushing that thought out. Instead, she took the opportunity to glance over her shoulder towards the main deck.

Per usual a massive pot of stew sat steaming in the center. Scattered around it the pirates who she had no learned to call her friends. If one were to look closely, they'd notice that the a whole lot of them were covered in scuffs and scratches as if they had been in a fight earlier, and of course Alex was no acceptation. 

Naturally, they looked this way because that had been in battle only moments prior. A luxury cruiser had made the mistake passing the ship in the morning. Though it wasn't like they could help it, given the fact that Blake's cloaking technology was far beyond top of the line. Needless to say, there wasn't anything very luxury about that cruiser now, and as Alex's gaze landed on the large pile of loot that was towering over the group as they ate, she almost felt like meowing. 

It had been a long two days since she had... left the Freedom Fighters. Though at first she found herself maintaining her usual demeanor, the thief quickly began opening up to Roxie and her group of misfits. In the short time she had spent with the pirates she had shared stories of her past, learned to grow accustomed to her new arm, and helped Roxie in preparing her famous stew. 

"You were great out there!" Speak of the devil. Appearing at Alex's side, Roxie also starred out at the sunset with her usual smile. "What's the deal? You're not over here brooding again are, ya love?" She glanced at Alex with a hint of concern. 

IsOSufc.png

Mobian Sea - Light Piercer - Meeting Spot

The Freedom Fighters sat in their usual meeting spot with a tired air about them. Though they were missing one of their usual members, her spot was now occupied by the stranger who had helped them track down and deactivate the bombs that had been left by the pirates. 

The yellow feline looked amongst the face of the heroes and sighed as they looked upon him expectantly. 

"Alright... Intro." He sighed yet again before dusting himself off. "Let's start with why I'm here." He looked towards Chimera worriedly. "I'm a private investigator... Not saying I'm the best, but I'm pretty good a getting information when it comes down it." The Cat's gaze narrowed slightly. "I lost someone really important a while back... It was my fault for sure, but now I've gotta make it right..." He sighed before sliding his hand down into his pocket. "I heard word of someone of their description fighting in Dewdrop whilst all that crazy s*** went down, so naturally I was on my way there up until I saw Rox-Beard's ship." There was a moment of silence as he seemed to be trying to find the words. "The person I'm looking for... From what I heard and what I know, there is a big chance that they joined up with Rox-beard at some point... So I'v been following them, watching how the work- that's how I knew about the bombs..."  

Shifting uncomfortably, he waited for one of the Freedom Fighters to speak. 

SyCquzh.jpg

Needless to say, Zane was pretty shocked at Axel's reaction to the cat, especially after he pretty much threatened him with him WISHING Chimera had killed him if he ran. At this point, it almost reminded Zane of that day Axel went pretty ballistic...like dark almost. Nevertheless, he needed to try help the others by getting rid of those bombs.

x393wz.jpg

"Alright... Intro. Let's start with why I'm here. I'm a private investigator... Not saying I'm the best, but I'm pretty good a getting information when it comes down it. I lost someone really important a while back... It was my fault for sure, but now I've gotta make it right...I heard word of someone of their description fighting in Dewdrop whilst all that crazy s*** went down, so naturally I was on my way there up until I saw Rox-Beard's ship.The person I'm looking for... From what I heard and what I know, there is a big chance that they joined up with Rox-beard at some point... So I'v been following them, watching how the work- that's how I knew about the bombs..."

Zane, currently sitting cross legged in his seat, looked at the cat and just stared at him for a bit. He slowly raised his hand and cleared his throat some. "Uh, that's all well and good...but this is an introduction. And that usually includes your name. Annnnnnnnnd I heard no name given from you at the moment."

"Well it's usually common courtesy to give someone your name before asking theirs..." the cat began to cross his arms, trying to be cool. To the feline's defense, he wasn't wrong, and Zane knew this. "The names, Ricky, Iceman..."

Iceman? Zane chuckled to himself at this new nickname given to him by Ricky. "Iceman? Ha...that's a new one." Zane chuckled. "But just so we're on a first name basis, Sparky P.I....it's Zane. Now that that's out of the way...who exactly are you looking for?"

"Sparky P.I?" Ricky repeated and began to smirk. From what Zane saw, he was beginning to be far more comfortable in this kind of situation. "It's family business. I'd rather keep it at that..."

"I getcha." Zane shrugged a bit. It would've been easier to find out who he was looking for, but it was whatever.

"Rox-beard kidnapped one of your friends right? Well what do you say we go get them back?" Ricky looked around the group. "The only reason I haven't already boarded them is the fact that those guys would rip my a new jabroni... but you bunch seem capable."

Zane uncrossed his legs and sat down in his chair upright. There was something about the guy now that he looked at him. Maybe he wasn't so bad at this moment. And being a private investigator, maaaaaaaaybe he would have some significant information regarding how to beat the pirates. After a bit of a long period of silence, Zane sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Honestly...all I want is to hurry up and beat these guys." he said, cracking his knuckles. "After all, they got the best of me last time...they ain't gonna get the best of this Dire Wolf twice!"

After everything was said and done, Cynthia sat around with everyone with the now free Cat. Time to hear what he had to say for himself.

"Alright... Intro. Let's start with why I'm here. I'm a private investigator... Not saying I'm the best, but I'm pretty good a getting information when it comes down it. I lost someone really important a while back... It was my fault for sure, but now I've gotta make it right...I heard word of someone of their description fighting in Dewdrop whilst all that crazy s*** went down, so naturally I was on my way there up until I saw Rox-Beard's ship. The person I'm looking for... From what I heard and what I know, there is a big chance that they joined up with Rox-beard at some point... So I'v been following them, watching how the work- that's how I knew about the bombs..."

So he was searching for someone that may be mixed up with the pirates, interesting. Zane even got a name out of the Cat, his name was Ricky. Something seemed off to Cynthia. She crossed her arms and thought for a moment before looking at the cat. "This person you're looking for fought at Dewdrop you said, right?" she asked.

"Yes?" He thought for a moment. "I don't really know... one of my sources said someone fitting their description pretty well was spotted multiple times in the thick of it when whatever went down happened. That doesn't matter. Iceman is in. What about you?"

Cynthia thought for a second. "Yeah... I'm in... Sorry about the whole uh... Threatening thing earlier, like I said... You kinda caught us at a bad time." she said. Ricky just shrugged.

"No worries. I guess it's my fault for just... you know showing up. All the sneaking around I do for work sort of makes it a habit... I didn't get your name, hun." he said with a smile.

"Cynthia... And don't call me hun..." she stated with a bit of a glare. "... Zane's not the only one who's got a score to settle with those pirates..." she added.

"Uh sorry, tu- MA'AM!" He flinched at Cynthia's glare and quickly turn to the bros and Chimera. "Bean-bro? Wonder Twins? You down for a team up?" Cynthia sighed quietly, this crew just had a bunch of nicknames.

cEeWVpd.jpg

"Alright... Intro. Let's start with why I'm here. I'm a private investigator... Not saying I'm the best, but I'm pretty good a getting information when it comes down it. I lost someone really important a while back... It was my fault for sure, but now I've gotta make it right...I heard word of someone of their description fighting in Dewdrop whilst all that crazy s*** went down, so naturally I was on my way there up until I saw Rox-Beard's ship.The person I'm looking for... From what I heard and what I know, there is a big chance that they joined up with Rox-beard at some point... So I'v been following them, watching how the work- that's how I knew about the bombs..."

Ken listened closely, but kept nodding off in between some of his sentences.  It felt like he hadn't had much sleep lately, but the pirates had just left.  Maybe the after effects of unlocking multiple inhibitors in one fight were getting to him.  He was sore all over, and was supporting himself on the railing of the meeting room.  Ken flashed his brother a look, rolling his eyes at the end of Ricky's introduction, as if trying to replicate his brother's cool, but edgy, demeanor.  He didn't want to seem too gullible in the eyes of his brother.

"Can you believe this guy...no one would buy anything like that."

Looking back, Cynthia and Zane were both talking to this guy like an old chum.  Ken smacked his face.  It wasn't like Ken didn't believe Ricky...completely...it was just the fact that he didn't want to give in so easily.  But this wasn't the time for an act.  Alex was in danger...the sooner they got to her, the better.

"Rox-beard kidnapped one of your friends right? Well what do you say we go get them back?  he only reason I haven't already boarded them is the fact that those guys would rip my a new jabroni... but you bunch seem capable."

"Honestly...all I want is to hurry up and beat these guys.  After all, they got the best of me last time...they ain't gonna get the best of this Dire Wolf twice!"

"Bean-bro? Wonder Twins? You down for a team up?"

Ken sighed and shrugged.  

"Looks like I don't have a choice this time.  I'm with Zane on this one.  I gotta couple of scores to settle with that crew of theirs!"  Ken pointed out towards the horizon.  "Let's get this bad boy moving already, Chimera!"  Hopefully, the badnik would set a course, and forget about the holes Ken had made in the ship.  

Two days. It had been two days since Roxie's crew had taken her from the Light Piercer, funny thing how it took only a couple days for Alex to get used to the crew members. Kiara had even gave her a new outfit, a black shirt that had a one sleeve that cover her new arm up to the wrist and a dark gray scarf that replaced her old ragged cloak. She also learned a bit of cooking first hand, helping Roxie out with her stew. These pirates were starting to feel like family to her.

She was just looking over the deck at the sunset, everyone was already eating dinner after a recent raid on a cruise ship, of which its valuable contents were piled up on the deck. Alex couldn't help but purr at the sight, but something else was bothering her as she looked out at the setting sun. Roxie wandered up beside her to check on her, Alex simply glanced at her. "I'm fine, Roxie... Just... Thinking about my friends..."

"Awww I knew you thought about me!" Roxie snickered and playfully nudged her in the side. Alex sighed.

"Uh... I meant my old friends..." she stated. "It's been two days... I'm wondering if they're even looking for me still... Or even at all..." she said sadly. Roxie frowned, she had a gloomy look as she thought on something.

"I wouldn't ever lie to you, Alex. If they aren't they're stupid...You're the bloody cat's meow, love!" she said trying to cheer her up.

"Don't take it the wrong way... It's just... They were the first people I felt that I could trust... I... I just can't stopping thinking about them..." she lowered her head sadly. Roxie wrapped her arm around her shoulder reassuringly.

"Well Blake said he never had to detonate the bombs so they're definitely still flying around somewhere... who knows? Maybe we'll bump into them someday! That would be cooky, huh?" Roxie tried her best to reassure her, she even went over the bombs they had planted on the Light Piercer. The fact that they hadn't detonated could mean that Axel and the others were still floating around somewhere. "I like the new look by the way!" she said motioning towards Alex's new wardrobe.

"Oh uh... Thanks. Kiara picked it out really... Can't complain really..." she said with slight smile, her old clothes were a bit ragged, she liked the new look.

"And the arm?" she asked lifting up Alex's mechanical arm.

"Works like a charm..." Alex said, Blake sure had a knack for creativity, especially after she had found out on the ship raid that he had put a hidden blade into it.

"Hey, you two going to eat or what?" Speaking of Blake, he called the two over to eat.

"Heh... I guess we can continue chatting after dinner..." Alex suggested.

"Sounds good to me!" Roxie flashed one of her million dollar smiles. "Race ya!" And with that she vanished and was immediately by Blake. Alex laughed, how could she match that speed? She shook her head and walked over to eat with the others.

Everyone was agreeing with him. The private eye, the chaotic cat... they wanted him to tag along. And why? Because he was looking for someone on Rox-Beard's ship. Chimera clenched his fists. This ship wasn't a cab service or a charity. It was a finely tuned machine for world conquest. But no, he had no say. No one would listen to the robot. 

"Looks like I don't have a choice this time.  I'm with Zane on this one.  I gotta couple of scores to settle with that crew of theirs!"  Ken pointed out towards the horizon.  "Let's get this bad boy moving already, Chimera!"  He was treating this like some stroll in the park, some small adventure. Chimera wished he could be so carefree sometimes.

He turned, walking to the bridge. He would fly this ship, and he would get his revenge. He swore that. For now, though, he needed peace. He needed to be away from these people. He locked the door behind him, sitting in the seat, the one where Eggman would sit, and directed the ship. They would find those pirates... and they would pay.

• 2 weeks later...

With all of his friends in agreement, Axel crossed his arms and finally spoke up. "As if there were any other option..." His gaze shifted to his brother. Nodding as if to assure Ken that he too would keep an eye on the Cat, Axel began to follow Chimera away from the meeting spot.

IsOSufc.png

Four Days Later

Mobian Sea - Pirate Ship - Alex's Room

As Alex laid drearily within the murky twilight between dreaming and waking, she'd hear her door slide open. "Hey! Wakey Wakey!" The whisper belonged to Roxie, who seemed to be in a higher spirits than usual this particular morning, despite her known habit of sleeping to mid afternoon.

As Alex stirred from her slumber to greet the captain, Roxie vibrated with excitement. "I wanna show you something, love! Hurry and get dressed! I'll be outside..." She was already moving towards the door before she finished speaking. "Don't keep me waiting!" Was the last thing Alex would hear before the door hissed shut.

As Alex began to throw on her garments she'd notice that Silver's Chaos emerald had been pulsing with new vigor after having been void of any signs of life for the past two days...

When she had finally gotten dressed and exited her room per Roxie's request, Alex was taken to a part of the ship that she had yet to be introduced to. 

"Blake's Wolf Cave." Roxie offered after seeing the look of confusion on Alex's face. Upon stepping through the door, Alex was met with what could only be described as the truest definition of a command center. Screen's littered the walls, connected to various device with cables that extended to a multitude of work stations and machines that Alex had no hope of understanding. 

At the far end of the room sat Blake, who had his face buried in what appeared to be some kind of long distance radar. It suddenly downed on Alex that there was no bed in sight, despite the fact that this was deemed Blake's living space...

"Hey." The wolf said in his usual manner, not even bothering to look up from the screen as Roxie excitedly dragged Alex towards a massive tank in the center of the room.

"Check it out!" Roxie motioned towards the tank with two hands. "We took it from this giant robot bloke a while ago... He really really really didn't wanna give up, but I'm bugger to figure out why..." The machine was massive, and seemed to be connected to everything in the room. "It's like a bloody trouble magnet! Everywhere we went, weirdos were coming after us left and right..." Roxie's voice trailed off as is she were actually recalling every fight. "Needless to say, that got old pretty quickly, so I had Blake lock it in there... now he uses it to power the ship!"

Inside the tank, the "it" Roxie was referring to floated gently, suspended in some kind of green liquid. It bathed the room in a familiar light that was somehow warm without any true sensation of heat, and as Alex looked up to study to Roxie's  treasure her eyes widened in shock.

"Pretty sweet, huh?" Roxie nodded with satisfaction as she basked in the chaos emerald's light. 

Before Alex could respond, Blake barked across the room. "Captain, we got a bogey coming in hot. Long distance scans show that the ship is armed to the teeth..." 

Roxie turned to the wolf and shrugged. "Isn't that exactly why we've got all those big guns??" Waving her hand, Roxie grunted with disinterest. "Shoot 'em out of the sky, mate!"

"Got it... activating long range offensive systems now." 

IsOSufc.png

BGM

Mobian Sea - Light Piercer

"Target vessel is charging weapon systems..."

Reef's voice called to the group on the deck as the ship barreled through the sky towards the pirate vessel. Working together, that had managed to restore the ship to the point where it was able to move. However, due to the fact that they were short on time, the Light Piercer's crew had failed to get the ship's weapons operational before the confrontation. Meaning they were now flying straight towards the enemy without any guns... 

Despite this, the crew had an air of determination about them as the stood at the edge of the deck and watched the large cannons of the enemy ship begin to glow with energy. 

Axel could feel his heart racing. "We need to trust in Chimera..." He assured himself as the enemy weapons shifted to lock on to the Light Piercer. Never one to waste words, the Egg robot had simply stated that they wouldn't need to worry about the enemy shooting them down, but with no further explanation given, the organic members of the crew were now starting to feel anxiety tickle their fur.

"Enemy weapon fire incoming in.... 3..."

Axel clenched his fists, and found himself looking to his brother for some semblance of reassurance. 

"2..."

He closed his eyes.

"1!"

An explosion suddenly tore through the sky. Axel waited a moment, expecting to be incarnated instantly, only to find that the burning never came. Opening his eyes, the young hedgehog instantly felt a smirk creep across his face.

"Chimera, you never cease to amaze me..." 

IsOSufc.png

"f***... Bastards...."

"Captain what the hell is going on?!"

"What does it sound like? We've obviously under attack..."

"...Damage..."

"We should hurry and get over attack!"

All of the pirate crew burst through the door moments after the ship was shaken by a massive explosion. Having been knocked down by the sudden impact, Alex brought herself up to her feet as Roxie quickly took control of the situation.

"Blake..." She said with a hint of concern.

"Someone's been messing with my stuff," The wolf's fingers were a blur as he began working at his station with new urgency. Within moments the large screen in the center of the wall crackled with new life to reveal the Light Piercer speeding through the towards the pirate ship's flank. Sighing he swiveled slightly in his chair so that he was facing Alex.

"And it looks like it's your old crew."

There was a moment of silence as everyone's gaze fell on Alex. 

"See, love." Roxie finally spoke up, putting a iron hand on Alex's shoulder and nodding towards the screen. "I told ya they'd be stupid not go looking for ya! Here they are, coming in hot to try and take you back..." 

"It's almost cute." Kiara scoffed, clearly not pleased with the sudden commotion. 

Benny floated over to Alex and wrapped her arms around the feline thief. "They're going to take Alex?!"

The pirates start to chatter amongst themselves for a brief moment, only to be silenced by a bark from Blake. "Negative." Raising from his chair, Blake joined the group.

"Yea, I'm with Blakey-poo here." Roxie nodded before stepping in front of the screen and facing her crew. "Those blokes aren't the only ones willing to fight for ya, Alex." She smiled warmly at Alex before slamming her first together, emitting a small shockwave of force. "If they wan't to try and take ya, they've gotta get through us!"

"I like the sound of that!" Batsu flexed his muscles and stepped forward to join his captain.

"Agreed." Blake nodded towards Alex and brought his fist to his chest. "You're one of us now. Meaning that everyone one here is willing to lay down their lives to keep you safe." 

Alex looked around at the pirate crew as they all turned to her and nodded in agreement with Blake's statement. 

"Should I go out there and bang up their ship then?" Benny offered helpfully as she loosened her grip around Alex and began floating towards the exit. 

"No need, love." Roxie's response was quick, as if she had already decided on a plan of her own. "I say we let 'em. Settle this the old fashion way..." 

Blake nodded. "If you couldn't guess, that explosion early was the main cannons being blown to bits... It's either we fight this out man to man, or sit here and pepper them with the personal lasers until the decided to board us themselves."

The rest of the pirates all sounded in agreement before quickly plotting out sections in the ship where they would engage the enemy. Before long, they had all departed, leaving only Blake, Roxie and Alex. 

"Alrighty, I'm gonna go put on my ass kicking bo- Hey!" Roxie's lips curled int a small pout as Blake blocked her dash towards the door. 

"Oh no you don't." The wolf sternly shook his head before pulling Roxie back to Alex's side."I'll be damned if I let you bang up the ship. You stay here, and guard Alex and the core." Sighing Blake began to stroll towards the exit. "I'll be filling in for you..." 

"Alex, do everyone a favor and watch her for me." He nodded to respectfully the feline thief before stepping out into the hall  

"Fiiiiine. Only because it's been a while since I've got to see you fight for real." Roxie sighed and shrugged before turning to mess with the keyboard of the now vacant station. "Make sure you sound cool, Blake!" Roxie called after the wolf moments before the door slid shut.  

Moments latter, The giant monitor flickered to display multiple sections of the ship. Motioning Alex over, Roxie pulled a nearby by chair to her said and leaned back in her own seat. 

"Blake is a security nut." Roxie said helpfully as her eyes proceeded to dance around the multiple high definition feeds. "Best seats in the house..." 

IsOSufc.png

The Freedom Fighter's  watched as one of the the pirate ship's large hatches slowly began to rise open. Peering down form above, the could just barely make out the tiny form the young spider monkey as she stood in the center of the revealed opening.

Axel glared down at the figure with confusion. Closing his eyes, he attempted to read the figure's aura, only to suddenly jump upon realization that figure was channeling a pretty hefty amount of energy. 

"s***!" He exclaimed. "Everyone get down!" 

But it was too late. Without warning, the entire crew of the Light Piercer was violently yanked from the deck by an overwhelming force. Unable to react in time, they were all pulled through the open sky like rag dolls, flailing and screaming all the way up until them came tumbling down onto the could metal floor of what appeared to be some kind of hanger within the pirate ship.

Axel held his head and groaned as he jumped back up to his feet. Setting his sights on their attacker, he brought himself into a fighting stance as the monkey girl began to speak. Behind her, four doors begin to slowly open up to reveal entrances to the main ship. 

"Hi." Benny said flatly. "The captain said she wants to settle this the old fashion way..." She paused for a moment, her expression a clear indicator that she had no idea what that implied. "I think I'm supposed to stand here and fight one of you guys..." She looked across the faces of the intruders as if waiting for one to step forward. 

Axel opened his mouth to retort but was silenced by a sudden gust of wind that seemed to blow from behind. 

Quickly floating to the side just in time to narrowly dodge a leaping front kick from Ken, Benny studied her challengers face before suddenly smiling.

"Hey we've met  before! You're the guy the laser eyes, right?" 

Axel starred at his brother and sighed. Knowing that with Alex in danger there was no time to waste arguing, glanced back at the rest of the team. "He's got this. Let's move!" In that moment he noticed the Ricky was nowhere to be seen...

"Split up and find Alex..." He called out to his allies before hastily selecting a path from the four choices. Making a mental note to behead the feline if they were to cross paths, Axel dashed towards his chosen entrance. Though before he disappeared into the darkness, the boy stopped to glance over his shoulder.

"Ken..." He began,before shaking his head as if what he was about to say would have been silly. Ken knew what was at stake here, and would never let Alex down. 

"Win." Axel nodded to his brother a final time before charging forth to his own battle...

[spoiler=OOC]Super long post. PM for info about whichever path you decide to take, and who'll you'll be meeting at the other end of it.

SyCquzh.jpg

Needless to say, Zane was 100% ready for their counterattack against Roxie and her crew. After doing his best to keep up some training with Axel and even some sparring matches with Ken. The arctic wolf needed to make sure this Dire Wolf power was his own and find ways not to expend all the power and energy like he did against the pirates.

The powers of a Dire Wolf were still unknown to him and he didn't know the full facets of his newly found power. Only little by little, would he be able to control this and make it his own and possibly even find out what else it could do.

x393wz.jpg

"Hi. The captain said she wants to settle this the old fashion way...I think I'm supposed to stand here and fight one of you guys..."

Zane got up, dusting himself off as he looked around. Right now he and the others were in what seemed to be a docking hanger in the pirate's ship. And behind the monkey were four different paths. Zane glanced back at Benny, only to see that she seemed pretty preoccupied with Ken.

"He's got this. Let's move! Split up and find Alex..."

"Roger on that." Zane nodded before smirking over at Ken. "Yo Ken! Kick her ass for all of us!" he said, making his way to the four paths, ending up choosing the second path after noticing Axel choosing the far right path.

The path he chose seemed both dark and the tunnel itself was well rounded. However, with each step that Zane took, he could've swore he heard the faint sounds of music. Upon getting closer to the exit of the tunnel, he noticed flashing lights and music, only a bit louder now.

What in the heck...?

Zane finally skidded to a halt after reaching the exit of the tunnel and saw that it opened up into a larger room, seeming rounded as if was the inside of a dome. Scattered all over the room itself was a lot of workout equipment, the general weight lifting stations and even punching bags, but also gymnastic equipment, from balance beams to salmon ladders. It seemed like he was in the crew's gym area, least from what he could tell. High above him, he could see three strobe lights giving off the only light source in this room.

However, after noticing this, Zane saw the lights now centering around him. Standing in a sort of spotlight, he heard a familiar female giggle, which made his fur stand on end. Soon lights lit up the center of the room and he was now staring at Kiara the Bat, who was standing effortlessly on a tight-rope.

Oh fantastic...it's HER... Zane thought, quietly gritting his teeth.

"Welcome..." Kiara simply opened her arms and began to spread her wings. On first glance, Zane noticed something. Her wings were shining in the light...her wings were metal. "Think you'll last a little longer this time, frosty?"

"Well, truth be told..." Zane began, cracking his knuckles. "I was expecting the rooster. Dude almost seems to give Ken a run for his money in terms of fighting...buuuuuuuut I do have a score to settle with you, ya banshee."

"Talking is sooo boring, and you're not witty enough to even make it bearably." Kiara responded, before posing dramatically, causing the lights to cut off and leaving the room pitch black. "Let's see if you're better at screaming!" her voice called out from the darkness, only to have a light shine down on Zane.

"Screaming? When the spotlights on me?" Zane asked with a small chuckle, before slowly exhaling.

-BGM-

Finally, Zane began to run away from the entrance of the room. The increase of his speed that his Dire Wolf powers gave him helped, but against something like her...he needed more. Without a second thought, he made an Ice Floor and immediately began to skate on it, making his speed match that of a bullet. "Try and catch me if you can!"

As the arctic wolf began to move fast, the spotlight did its best to follow him. However, it seemed to prove too much of a hassle for it and soon stopped, cutting off to let him skate in the darkness.

This really isn't good...she keeps having the room go dark. And I can't just see her... Zane thought, before slowly nodding. Wait. Axel recently was training me to rely on other senses besides my eyes. He told me to try and rely on my battle sense... Deciding to want to give this a try, Zane tried his best to listen for Kiara. All he got, however, were the occasional fluttering and those eerie giggles she let out. These weren't solid locations...

Zane watched up ahead, as the lights cut back on almost instantly as he watched Kiara heading for him at a frightening speed. He was a bit determined to try and stop her, so he kept skating towards her. However, things got a bit strange as when she headed for the third spotlight in front of her, the lights cut off again.

Damnit...can't see! Zane thought, but felt his ears twitching. They had picked something up. It sounded like air being cut...on it's way to his left side. Left side! he thought, immediately sliding to his right side and moving his hands to begin throwing a few icicles in the direction he was just at.

As he fired off a few icicles, Zane felt his one hand being kicked to the side by Kiara. The spotlights immediately cut back onto the two of them, and he watched Kiara flapping her wings and spinning the other direction, preparing an axe-kick. However, the arctic wolf only slid to his left and delivered a strong Dire Wolf roundhouse kick to her right side. The kick did hit, and it sent the bat tumbling quite a ways back, with the spotlight following her.

"Heh. That looks like it did the trick." he chuckled, watching the light follow Kiara, only to see it go up a wall...and suddenly the bat was no where to be seen. Without warning, he soon began to hear the sounds of grinding and see the faint sparks that started flying on the ground. She was heading straight for him.

Zane clenched his fist and slammed it down onto the ground, conjuring up an ice wall in front of him. Alright. If she collides with this, she should shatter it. Then, I can use the shards of ice to jump on and get a better vantage point...then strike! he thought, smirking.

However, Kiara apparently had other plans. The ice wall did not shatter...it was cut in two, sliced clean, presumably by her wings. Suddenly the spotlight was on Zane again, and he noticed the bat now above him, and letting out a conclusive shockwave towards the braced arctic wolf, knocking him back a ways. Then, with grace, Kiara landed on the one half of the ice wall and slowly rolled her eyes.

"Not bad...but Alex is staying with us if that's all you've got." she said, simply looking down at Zane.

Zane lowered his arms after bracing himself for the shockwave, only to give a small smirk towards the bat. "I highly doubt that." he said, cracking his knuckles again. "Let's just say we aren't exactly in the business of backing down easily. Besides...I ain't done yet! This is only the appetizer!" he shouted, throwing three icicles in Kiara's direction.

The time had come to get Alex back from these catnappers, and Cynthia was ready and rearing to go. She didn't need an extreme gear for something like this, so instead of racing around the deck of the Light Piercer, she spent the past few days training her morphing powers and figuring out fun but effective ways to take advantage of any material she morphed her body into. She rolled her shoulders as everyone landed onto pirate cruiser, she was ready for a fight.

"Hi. The captain said she wants to settle this the old fashion way...I think I'm supposed to stand here and fight one of you guys..."

And with that, Ken was the first to charge in and deal with the monkey. Alex was the ultimate goal, but everyone definitely had some beef with each of the pirates. Cynthia for instance, was hoping to run into a certain gunslingin' arthropod. And it looked like she was gonna get her wish. The path she had ran down lead into a large, yet strangely empty, pantry area of sorts. Alfonso, the acid spitting freak, was sitting on a counter polishing his pistol when she arrived.

Cynthia cracked her knuckles and morphed her arms into metal. "Hey! I'm looking for a one armed cat... Any idea where she is?" she asked as she walked towards the scorpion.

"... Home..." he responded in a strangely robotic voice before firing two shots at Cynthia. She quickly put her arms up to block the shots.

"Ok then... Been wanting some payback anyway!" she said as she morphed her arm into a metal spike and charged at Alfonso. He quickly flipped off the counter, which resulted in Cynthia crashing into it. His cheeks filled up with something before he spat out weird grey slime at Cynthia. Her eyes widened as she ducked out of the way of the grey goop as it hit the counter, it crackled and hardened into stone.

"Ok... That's disgusting." Cynthia took cover behind a counter before throwing a quill javelin at the scorpion. He dodged the javelin with ease and shot his tail around at full speed, smashing Cynthia's cover. He then proceeded to fire away at her, but only heard the sound of bullets ricocheting off metal as Cynthia had morphed her whole body into metal. She took a running start and spin dashed towards him. "Let's see you deal with a living sawblade!"

Alfonso leaped from counter to counter as Cynthia smashed through each one. He then turned around and spat something else at her, something familiar as it sizzled and melted away Cynthia's metal. She uncurled and landed on a counter. "Agh... Not this crud again..." she glared at the scorpion. "But... Metal isn't the only thing I can use!" She pulled a pebble out of her pocket by the looks of things and morphed her arm into solid concrete. She lunged at the scorpion and proceeded to smash down on him.

The acid slowed her down to the point where Alfonso could get out of the way. He quickly wrapped his tail around her and lifted her up as his cheeks filled up with more acid. "Agh... Oh no you don't!" Cynthia pulled a quill javelin out and stabbed it into Alfonso's tail. Pain was visible on his face as his grip loosened a bit before he spat more acid at Cynthia, sending her tumbling to the the ground.

The acid continued to eat away at her body, it was agonizing. "Urgh... I can't keep this up..." She morphed out of her metal form but kept her concrete arm. Looking over at the scorpion, she noticed that he was drooling some kind of blue liquid on his tail wound. "Well... Looks like you're a jack-of-all-trades... But so am I..." While he was distracted with his tail, she took a quill out of her head, but instead of turning it into a javelin, she turned it into a sort of bow staff and charged at him with her new weapon.

• 3 weeks later...

cEeWVpd.jpg

As the others left, Ken stared at the Monkey.  Her forgetfulness of who he was actually irked him a tad.  He clenched his fist.  Maybe he wasn't as rough as he should've been last time.  Across the way, he could hear her talking. 

“Did you feel like one of those guys in the action movies just now?” Ken noticed black particles starting to float around the room from the all over, just like the last time they had fought. “The one who tells the everyone else to go on ahead while he stays back?"  Ken couldn't help but recall the couple of tapes that he and his brother watched in the mountains.  He always seemed to like the action hero, the selfless ones at least.  

"Heh...I suppose.  I like being cheesy like that, y'know?"  Noticing the black particles, Ken gets in a much more relaxed, but intense fighting pose.  "But I'll be joining them again soon...so it's not like the movies in a sense.  Right after I kick your keester, of course."  

“Those guys usually don’t make it to the end of movie…” Benny said, with a bit of lacking in enthusiasm. The girl didn't seem like she was ready to fight...none of her muscles had tightened or tensed...it was a standstill for now.  Who would make the first move?  The black particles were still gathering.  The more time he let her make those stupid spheres, the less likely he would be able to go all out.  However...that's the way he liked it. “I bet you can see your friends after we beat you guys up though.” She didn't seem to be arrogant about her words...it was as if she were just stating fact.  

"You seem pretty confident In yourself, miss."  Ken keeps his stance open, ready at all times.  "But I haven't been slouchin' since our last encounter.  And this time, I won't take this as lightly.  You took our friend...that's unforgivable.  I'm going to come at you with everything I've got!"  He didn't realize at first, but he had unintentionally opened his first inhibitor.  His emotions had gotten the better of him this time.  If it were any other inhibitor, the ship might've been destroyed.  "But if you give up now...if you give us Alex back...I won't have to hurt you."  The girl seem unfazed by his words. Moments later, the orbs finished shaping themselves.  Now they harbored spikes around the spherical surface.  Ken smiled, as a bead of sweat hurtled down his head.  He wouldn't be able to punch or kick these away.  

“I like Alex. She’s nice, and she makes the Captain happy…” A wave of pressure swept along the hull.  It was almost as impressive as Axel's...even with one of the emeralds.  “If we’re fighting over Alex, none of us have even a chance of losing…” As the words leave her mouth, an orb started hurtling towards him.  

"Well...I guess that's it then."  The air around Ken started to quake, as it sent vibrations throughout the hull.  "Inhibitor of Hope..."  He muttered to himself, as a massive wave of air pulsated from his mere presence.  He then cocked his fist back, taking the air that had been pushed away from him back towards him.  Then. he launched a punch at the spiky orbs, almost a flash of light appears as the air pressure snaps, recoiling back towards Benny in a funnel of wind pressure.  He was silent as he did so, not even shouting the name of his technique as he usually did.  The orb that was sent his way was now punctured with the air alone, falling to the ground trying to regain it's composition. The shockwave reached Benny, but was immediately blocked by that same presence from before.   The two other orbs left unused now flew behind Ken.  They started to increase the gravity around them, trying to suck the hedgehog from the ground.  .Struggling a bit, Ken bends forward, vanishing in an instant.  The floor where he stood bent and wobbled, almost warping out of shape.  He would reappear behind Benny with a kick that exhumed an enormous pressure, his face as still as when they started.

Ken's leg met resistance, but was finally able to push through that invisible barrier.  The kick struck the girl across the back, sending her flying towards her own creations. It was strange though...in the instant he emerged into view, the hedgehog could've sworn he saw her head turn towards him...as if she already knew he was going to be there. 

“Ohhhh I️ remember now...” she said, correcting her position between her orbs. The broken one had finally recollected itself, and was now hovering between them.  “You’re the guy who was really strong and fast like the Captain...” He was glad that she finally recognized him, but something loomed over that happiness.  Again, he could sense a pressure rising from the girl.  One that had simply overtaken her brother's strongest.  It was almost scary.  The orbs again started to build up an intense Gravity, and were trying to suck him in yet again.  This time, he wouldn't be able to simply stand and take it.  Instead, Ken dug his fingers into the metal, holding onto it as if it were just a plain grassy terrain.  The bumps and divots of his hand made for a pretty grip laden surface. 

"I'm not like your captain.  I don't go abducting random Mobians whenever I want!  Don't compare me to trash like her!"  The metal hull creaked and groaned as he held on.  With his immobility, he could see that the monkey was taking advantage of the situation, shooting an orb that hit him square in the side of his ribs.  He lost all the air in his right lung, and was now flying towards Benny.  He hadn't let go of the hull, rather he held a chunk of metal in his hands.  

“But you’re both hedgehogs…”  He heard, seeing the other two orbs fly towards him.  

Seeing the other spiked orbs heading towards him, Ken couldn't think of what to do.  What would his brother do in this situation?  Using his momentum from the previous hit, Ken used every muscle in his body to start twirling.  Managing to pick up enough speed, he started churning the air to his will once again, forming a large tornado in the ship.  Smiling, as if he had solved the greatest mystery of all time, he shouted, 

"HURRIKEN!  MK3!"

The orbs had been removed from there static position, and were now flying throughout the room.

“Hey...” Benny scratched her head, as she then launched herself towards the tornado as sleek as a torpedo.   “You used Roxie’s move just now!”  The air around her began to quiver as she started picking up speed. “Are you sure you guys aren’t related?”  With the girl now speeding towards him, it was the perfect opportunity.  Ken stopped spinning, kicking the whirling gale at Benny.  Hopefully, with the girl's vision obscured, he had created the perfect opening.  Ken cocked his fist back again, and let loose another punch.  This time, the wave of air pressure he sent out was about the circumference of his entire arm.  The stream of air pierced straight through the tornado, causing the two simultaneous air current's too meet, and intertwine.  A huge explosion of air would then occur, causing Ken to fly back towards a wall.  Using the wall as a platform, he crunched his legs, baring the brunt of his own attack, before launching off, causing a crater to be formed in the metal.  His target was clear now, as he hurtled towards her with a mighty spin, re-positioning himself with a leg stuck out in front of him.  He created another vacuum wave around his foot, before he would connect with the Girl.

"DYNAMIC HURRIKENTRY!"  

The path before the robot was a short one. It was sloped downwards, like it was made to transport storage. Following it took him to a hanger, supported by two pillars. Chimera walked forward quietly, turning his arm into a gun and cocking it. "I know it won't be a straight easy path, and someone is lying in wait. Show me you have a spine, or I'll rip it out,"

Chimera's motion detectors set off, showing movement to the right, which he turned to scanned. Nothing seemed to be there, however... Was it optic camouflage, or was it a distraction? He took a quick look to his left, just in case it was a trap. He suddenly sensed movement above, and before he could react the robot felt metallic arms grab him in a choke hold and yank straight up into the air.

Chimera growled and grabbed the arms wrapping around him, in an attempt to pry them off. He struggled, but he quickly discovered they can resist his strength. So, he started a spindash, hoping to throw off his assailant. His spines grind against some kind of metal before eventually throwing the person off.. Moments later, a large metallic clang was heard, and an armored Blake revealed himself by seemingly deactivating a cloaking device.

“Hi.” Blake nodded in greeting before reaching for his belt and throwing three disks up.

"Greetings," Chimera said in response as he transformed both of his arms, shooting at the disks. "Surrender and return Alex, and I promise minimal damage. Resist and I will destroy you all," There was a slight pause as the disks were shot down from the air, causing small explosions.

"Please, resist,"

"Request granted.” Blake responded before sweeping his arms and reactivating his cloaking device and hiding behind a pillar.

Chimera was smirking, despite not having a face, and he began to switch through a few different types on visions, before he found he could see him in thermal vision. Seeing Blake fiddling with something, the robot took aim with missiles, but instead of firing at Blake, he shot at the ceiling, attempting to create rubble to fall on top of Blake.

His shots blew a hole in the ship above Blake, causing metal hunks and pipping to begin raining down on the wolf. Looking up, Blake dove out from cover to dodge.

Chimera dashed at Blake, rearranging his arm into the chainsaw, the engine revving as he went to swing at Blake. Blake  lifted up both arms in a cross guard to defend against the chainsaw. The sound of metal cutting into metal filled the room as sparks flew from the heavy metal clash. Sensing Blake gritting his teeth, Chimera tried his best to push his advantage, trying to push deeper into his armor. "Your armor is impressive," He stated as he strains to push against Blake.

“T-Thanks…” Blake growled as the blade began to eat through the first layer of the top gauntlet’s armor, causing even more sparks to fly. “Wanna see what else it can do?” He forcec a smirk, then suddenly yankdc his bottom arm out from the guard. The tips of the armor’s claws start to glow blue with energy before he suddenly jammed them into the side of the chainsaw, sending a violent surge of electricity up though the blade.

Chimera's voice box let out scrambled noises as he cried out in pain, his chainsaw locking up, along with his joints. He struggled to move, taking a slow and stiff swing with his free arm. Blake rolled out of the way, and as Chimera's fist hit the floor, Blake hit Chimera with an uppercut from the damaged gauntlet. The force was comparable to a fellow robot, causing Chimera to fall back. As he stumbled back from the hit, the wold took up a boxing stance and approached quickly. Chimera went to use his chainsaw before he noticed his claws actually seared through the part of the chainsaw he stabbed, making that particular weapon system currently useless.

“Put ‘em up…” the wolf barked before jabbing again at Chimera's face then quickly combing into a hook to his body.

Chimera falls back from the quick combo, his body still reorienting. The robot took his own stance, his metal spikes catching light as he went to attack. His moves were not as refined as someone who studied boxing, but he still was able to throw powerful punches, each one aimed at Blake's right arm, the one damaged by the chainsaw. Blake was able to skillfully block two of the three punches with his combat prowess, but he ended up falling back to avoid the third one.

“You can do that too, huh?” Without skipping a beat, he reached to his belt and attached a device to the elbow of his gauntlet. “That Eggman really knew how to make a bot…”

Chimera nodded. "I might be the last of the Metal Series, but I was far from the most powerful," Compared to Metal Sonic's copying ability, or Mecha's ability to have a super form, Chimera knew he was far from the best of the robots. After seeing what Blake can do, and his trickery, he decided to stay on the defensive. He didn't need another nasty surprise like the electricity.

“Fascinating. I wish we were here under different circumstance so you could tell me more… I’m sure you’d be pretty useful for my Arondite project.” He produced another device and attached it to the gauntlet. “Though whilst we’re on the subject of tech… You mind if I tell you the one thing that Roxie has ever managed to teach me?” He smirked before dashing towards Chimera. “No matter how fancy, how advanced it is,” Right before the two met, he leapt backwards with the damaged gauntlet pointed towards Chimera and his left arm bracing his shoulder.

“IT ALSO DOUBLES AS A BOMB!” He’ll growl.

The device attached to the end of gauntlet sparked to life and propelled it off his arm straight towards Chimera. It exploded violently in-between the two, blasting the wolf a good ways back into a pillar.

Chimera's eyes would have widened if they could, and he jumped back, but the force of the explosion sent him across the room, causing him to hit the wall. "Primitive... yet effective...,"

He stood up, focusing on his left arm to morph it into a laser cannon but nothing happened. He looked at his arm in confusion. The appendage then began to freak out, panels opening and closing with no rhyme or reason. "Wh-what the hell?" The robot managed to say before he fell to his knees. What was going on?!

It seems that luck was on her side, if you could call it luck. Alex was amazed at how quickly Axel and the others had boarded the ship, they must've really wanted her back...

Shaking the thought from her head, Alex sat and looked at the monitors that showed what was happening around the ship. She also occasionally glanced over at Roxie just to make sure she wasn't getting any ideas about joining the fight. Looking back at the monitors, it was hard to tell who was winning between the two sides, everyone seemed evenly matched, but that may change in the next few minutes. "They're putting up one heck of a fight..." she said.

Roxie put her hand on her chin as she studied the fights. “They’re defiantly doing a lot better this time around. But it’s like Benny said… if we’re fighting for you none of our crew will loose!" Roxie said with a smirk.

Alex sighed. "But... They're fighting for me too..." she said referring to Axel and the others. "They're not gonna give up so easily either..." she stated.

“It almost sounds like you want them to win, love.” Roxie glanced at Alex, it was hard to read her expression. “I never took you for the damsel in distress type…” She’ joked, lightening the mood. She turned back to the screen and continue watching the fights. “Batsy seems to be having fun.” She smirked slightly. “But the pretty bloke with glowing eyes doesn’t seem to be looking so hot.”

Alex looked at the monitor, sure enough it was Axel, and he was having a rough time with Batsy, almost as if the bird was bullying him. Her head was spinning with what was going on, she didn't know who to root for, Axel and the others... Or her new family...

"His twin is in trouble too." Roxie added whilst Alex watched Axel's fight. "I never told you, right? The really scary thing about Benny?" She paused for a moment to observe.

"It isn't just her ability to control gravity..." 

"Huh?" Benny's voice was surprisingly clear through the monitor as Roxie watched her battle. Though things appeared to not be looking well for the spider monkey, Roxie still oozed confidence. Even going as far as to smirk upon seeing Benny forced to unfold from her torpedo-like posture after being blasted in the face by Ken's whirling gale.

"Blake says it's some kind genetic trait. But I think it's just some technique that she doesn't even know she's doing... " Roxie said thoughtfully. "I wouldn't put it past her."

Now left hovering in place as she shielded her eyes from the wind, the spider monkey was caught completely off guard by the next explosion of air, and was blasted backwards along with the user of the technique. 

"Anyway, it's like this... The more she fights... the more danger and punishment you put her through..." 

Watching Ken skillfully recover after taking the force of his own attack, Roxie turned to Alex and nodded to the monitor just as he lunched himself forward towards Benny with a visible vacuum at his heel. 

"DYNAMIC HURRIKENTRY!"   

Closing her eyes and lowering he head, Roxie continued her explanation with a knowing smirk. 

"She adapts. Her power and reflexes increase, and even her energy just seems to keep rising somehow... until you either knock her out or she puts you down."

IsOSufc.png

The wind around Ken's leg swirled out of control as his blow connected. A vail of smoke blossomed from the point of the tremendous impact, temporally obscuring his vision. Though even without sight, the hedgehog would already be able to tell that something was wrong... Instead of feeling his target fly away from his strike, he now seemed to be struggling against a monstrously strong force.

"You're super strong..." Benny's voice called through smoke as it cleared to reveal her battered form. A green energy was now visibly being exuded from her entire body, causing her air to lift out of her face to once again reveal her scars and pale grey eyes as she held up both palms towards Ken's foot to counter his attack with a repulsive power. "But if it means protecting Alex, then I can be strong too."

The two were locked in a stalemate, with Ken's titanic strength meeting Benny's sudden increase of power in a clash that seemed to cause the air around the pair lash out franticly. Aware that neither of them could hold this struggle for very long, Benny suddenly lifted her left hand over Ken's ankle before pivoting to the side. 

Gripping on to the boy's leg with the her crushing gravitational force, Benny used Ken's forward momentum to her advantage by dragging him around in a half circle whilst bringing her free hand upwards. "Don't tell Blake that I'm using my hands when we're in the ship..." Her exertion was evident in her tone as she slammed her palm into Ken's stomach to send him flying towards the ground with another repulsive blast. 

"He'll be mad... but this is the only way I'll have a chance at beating you."

As Ken was recovering rom her last attack, Benny floated upwards whilst commanding her orbs to follow. Quickly breaking back down into the black particles, the they gathered themselves into a single sphere that hovered menacingly above Benny's head, at least three times her size.  

"Black Moon..." Benny called down towards Ken as an opening formed in the sphere to allow her to float upwards and inside of the black particle construct. "Eclipse!" Upon Clapping her hands in front her face, Benny's form was suddenly hidden within the black orb.

Moments later, several large spikes formed on the surface and shifted so that they were facing Ken. Without warning, the spikes sprung forward in waves of black in an attempt to crush Ken. 

IsOSufc.png

Alfonso's tail wound sizzled as his healing concoction did it's work. Ducking and weaving under Cynthia's strikes with her new weapon, the scorpion brought his gun up to tried and force the transforming hedgehog back, but found himself in an even worse situation as she quickly knocked the fire arm out of his hand. 

Still unable to make full use of his tail, Alfonso was forced to think on his feet. Liquid filled his mouth as he began mixing a new creation whilst leaping backwards to get out of Cynthia's range. "... Annoying ..." He rasped before spitting torrent of white liquid that found it's mark on Cynthia's right leg.

Upon making contact the mixture began to harden around her fur, making it hard to move that leg. Ignoring her clothing, the plaster like substance began to spread itself down her socks and soon hardened around her foot as well. It would then continue to spread upwards towards her upper body, solidifying over any fur it came into contact with in an attempted to leave her a statue.

As Cynthia dealt with her situation, Alfonso dived towards his pistol at the far end of the room. 

IsOSufc.png

"Let's just say we aren't exactly in the business of backing down easily. Besides...I ain't done yet! This is only the appetizer!". 

"Honey, you're not even good enough to be considered a snack." Kiara yawned, clearly not impressed by Zane's hero talk. Moments before his icicles found their mark, the lights around Kiara cut off, leaving Zane standing in his lone spotlight once again. 

A ominous giggle drifted through the air, but wasn't enough of a warning to help Zane avoid the sudden sound wave that broke through the darkness and sent him stumbling backwards. The light followed him almost mockingly, as the sound of fluttering wings was heard overhead. 

"Don't feel bad..." Kiara mocked him from the darkness. "You couldn't block sound even if you could see where it was coming from." 

Bursting out it in laughter, Kiara continued to circle around Zane like a hawk unaware that her gloating was lending a clue to her general location. 

But would Zane be brave enough to jump into the darkness to take advantage of this?

IsOSufc.png

"Wh-what the hell?"  Chimera exclaimed in confusion.

"About time..." Blake called from across the room as he slowly brought himself up to his feet. The lights in his visor flickered slightly, and Chimera would feel that he was being scanned. 

Dusting himself off, Blake began to casually walk towards Chimera as he rolled his shoulder. "You had exactly three minutes and thirty six seconds to defeat me after the fight started." Blake's words evoked memories of the moment he had grabbed Chimera when the bot had entered the room. 

Though Chimera hadn't noticed at first, it now seemed that the wolf had been doing more then just roughing his opponent up...

"You're window is just about closed." Glancing down at his only gauntlet, the wolf brought his hand up to Chimera as a hologram of a what appeared to be timer was projected above his wrist. "In about a minute, my virus will have finished borrowing into your systems." 

1:15s

Smirking Blake flicked his wrist, causing the timer to vanish and his claw to ignite with energy once again. "If you even last that long..."  He said before dashing forward and thrusting his electrified claw towards Chimera's face. 

A Fight Against Time

As Chimera watched the claw coming for his head, he simply fell flat on the ground and rolled away, like he was on fire and he was trying to put himself out. Slowly, he rose back to his feet and took aim at Blake. His arm resisted at first, but he managed to get the limb to turn into a laser cannon, which he fired at Blake. Blake dove skillfully to the side before dashing towards Chimera with his claw raised.

“I’m impressed you still have that much mobility…” Blake commented as he pressed his attack. Chimera didn't answer, as he could feel his joints trying to lock up. He aimed to fire at the claw, but the laser that fired was significantly weaker than usual.

"Of all the egging---," He muttered. All too aware that Chimera’s weapon systems were already beginning to fail him, the wolf effortless slashed threw the weakened laser and proceeded to claw the bot across his chest. Chimera stumbled back from the slash across his chest, but attempted to punch back in retaliation. He could feel it though... his movements were sluggish compared to what they were not only seconds before, however. Still recovering from his follow through, Blake attempted to dodge, only to get struck by the punch. Reeling back, Blake grabbed a disk from his pocket and threw it on the ground, causing smoke to billow out.

"Thirty seconds left," Blake stated. It wasn't a taunt, it was delivered with the cold efficiency of a robot. Chimera looked down at his hands. The virus was ravaging his body, and he could feel himself slow. There was another feeling... one... it felt like a forced shut down... this wasn't good. How could he beat this...?

Suddenly, an idea struck him. It was an insane, but it was his only shot right now.

"You know...," Chimera said as he reached into the back of his quills slowly. "I'd like to know the name... of the organic that... beat me,"

“Blake.” Blake uttered his name before suddenly assaulting Chimera from multiple angles, slashing and punching the egg bot until he fell to his knees once more. “Don’t worry, I won’t kill you. I’m just gonna do some scans, then kick you and your pals the hell off my ship…” When the smoke cleared, Blake stood above Chimera triumphantly. “But before that… It’s only common courtesy that you also introduce yourself, isn’t it?” He said respectfully as he brought his claw back in preparation for the final blow of the fight. “So go ahead. What’s your name?”

Chimera looked up as he held the USB in his hand. "MS-11 Chimera...," He said. His motions were getting stiffer and slower. He looked at the jump drive, before jamming it into the back of his neck. Looking up at Blake. "Don't think you've defeated us... we won't... go down... sooooo eee---," His voice began to distort as the lights in his eyes died, and he fell over, his metal body making a heavy noise as it hit the floor. 

“Easily.” Blake retorted before lowering his arm and studying the fallen body of his opponent. “The word you were looking for was ‘easily’.” He sighed before checking his timer. “You actually lasted two seconds longer than expected. Not bad Ms-11 Chimera…” Turning on his heel, he began to make his way towards the exit. “Don’t bother getting up, I’ll be back soon.”

As Blake walked away, he could hear the sound of gears grinding, and rockets thrusters warming up. "Where do you think you're going?" a voice called out to him, however... it wasn't the voice of the robot he just defeated. If he turned around, he would see Chimera standing back up, hovering off of the ground using his thrusters, his eyes a bright green instead of their usual red.

“What the fu-“ Blake gasped as he spun around.

"You're not facing MS-11 Chimera anymore. Now, you face MS-02, Metal Sonic!" The robot charged at Blake, throwing a massive punch at his chest. The fight had begun anew!

SyCquzh.jpg

"Honey, you're not even good enough to be considered a snack."

"Ouch...words hurt, ya know!" Zane said, watching the icicles hit their mark...but once they did, the lights cut off and were just standing on him alone once more.

"Don't feel bad...You couldn't block sound even if you could see where it was coming from."

The arctic wolf would hear the sounds of wings fluttering overhead, this plus the sounds of her voice were all Zane needed to have to pinpoint a location. Seeing or not, he still had his hearing. Crouching down a bit, he took off and proceeded to kick the bat out of the sky. Although he couldn't see her, his kick hit the mark and the sound of the bat cursing when his leg made contact were heard.

Upon landing, Zane saw the spotlight on him once more and now he heard the laughter of Kiara cutting through the obvious silence that was there when he landed. He turned towards the back right of him, and immediately threw an icicle in that direction before running in the same direction. Curious this time was the spotlight never followed him like it did the last few times. And what was more strange, the icicle never made a sound...so did it even hit?

Something's not right... he thought, before shrugging it off. "You know, you'd make a terrible ninja!"

Then the unthinkable occurred. Through the darkness Zane ran, and was hit with a wall. W-What...?! he thought, still hearing Kiara's laughter...but now, it felt slightly off. It was still above him, but it was off sounding. What was going on? However, before Zane could really ask this, he felt his fur standing on end and a whisper in his ear.

“Really? I think throwing my voice is a nice trick though…”

Zane began to yelp as the bat grabbed him and they took off soaring into the air. The arctic wolf began to immediately struggle to be free of Kiara, even throwing an elbow...but then again...

"Hey, stop squirming! I don’t give free rides to just anyone…"

Upon further inspection, if he kept struggling right now, Zane would indeed be falling. Right now this wasn't a good idea for him to do this. If anything, he'd have to wait for her to possibly circle around and try and slam him into the ground. Then he'd make his move! "Tch...so your just planning to have me plummet to my death? Kind of a lame way for someone of your talents to end someone."

"Oh com’on hun… give me more credit then that!" Kiara grunted slightly, beginning to flip to where that now Zane was facing towards the ceiling. With this, she promptly kicked him in the back and sent him flying upwards. "Siren's Song!!"

Zane turned around in the air just in time to see Kiara's technique take shape, of what looked like a large wave of visible sound. Cursing under his breath, he barely had anytime to summon up an ice shield in front of him. While it did protect him some, it was instantly shattered and he was struck by the semi-weakened wave. At the same time, however, this wave caused the fluids in his body to vibrate in a violent manner and even cause his bones to rattle. What was worse, was that there was a ringing in his ears, almost like if a bomb went off.

“That was… anticlimactic.” Kiara spoke, but Zane could barely make out what she was saying, but that part was clear as day. And with the spotlight now on him, Zane fell towards the ground.

Grunting, Zane did his best to pull out his multi-tool and create a water whip, as he flicked his wrist slightly and had it hook onto something to allow him to land safely on the ground. Once on the ground, he found a small place to hide for a moment. He leaned his back against a wall and put the tool away. Quickly moving his hand to his left ear, he started to try and snap his fingers some. No good...right now, his hearing was screwed up.

His small rest didn't last too long, as the spotlight was now trained on him once more. Glancing up, Zane could see Kiara floating down and speaking extra loud, just because she knew the wolf's hearing was bad right now...this of course caused Zane to growl greatly.

“Question. Alex is actually pretty tough… what makes you think she’d want to hang around small fries like you anyway?” Kiara spoke loud enough, resting her head on her hand some.

"...cause that's what friends do...y-you...a-all your doing...is using her..." Zane growled, only to see Kiara laughing greatly now.

“Using her?! That’s rich… she’s like us you dumb dog. We’ve given her food, a better outfit than the rags you had her in, and can protect her better than you losers…" Kiara said, only to have her mouth something. Zane couldn't make out what she said, but immediately he had shivers down his spin again, as he heard her voice as if she was on his right shoulder. “Allow me to demonstrate.”

Zane clenched his fists as he was about to get up and strike at the bat, but before he knew it, she only smirked and the lights were suddenly off...leaving him in nothing but complete darkness...and even complete silence.

cEeWVpd.jpg

"Black Moon...Eclipse!" 

Ken looked up to see a massive amount of that black metal engulfing the girl.  With their clashes from earlier, where she was able to meet his strength...where her aura felt as staggering as Axel's, Ken was getting excited.  His fists tightened, and a smirk drew across his face.  This was no time to be holding back.  If he did, he'd end up six feet under a cornucopia of sandy particles.  A large stream of the substance was shot forth at him.  He watched it closely, because he would need to get his timing down perfect-

NOW!

Ken jumped, letting the metal crash into the floor of the ship.  As he flew through the air, he managed to get a foothold on the stream.  Gaining his composure in that second, he shot out with a burst of speed that shook the air around them.  He was travelling so fast that spikes that tried to impede his progress shot out far behind him.  He was running too fast for that girl to keep track of the pressure on the stream.  Realizing those weren't going to cut it, she shot out two more smaller streams, looking to impale Ken.  Instinctively, Ken raised his hands in front of himself, catching the spears of metal sand with them.  It was pure instinct, but upon further realization, he figured it was a pretty bad idea.  The sand in his hand sprung out into spikes, digging into his palms like tiny barbs.  It was aggravating, but Ken pushed through.  He crushed the sand in his hands to get rid of the nuisance. 

Looking ahead, he was now in front of the sphere.  He braced both of his arms, and took a deep breath.  When he let it go, he let loose a flurry of rapid blows so fast, that his arms could be seen in different places at different times.  "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!  HEAVKEN FLURRY!!"  His fists pummeled at the sphere, flinging it outwards in all different directions.  After at least one-hundred blows, he was able to see the girl floating in the middle, in some sort of meditative pose.  Frustrated that she was taking a nap in all of this, Ken let loose a punch that shot a wave of air at the girl.  It had enough force to bury into her body, and blow her out of her own sphere.  As she flew out, she twisted her palm, signaling the black metal to condense around him.  "Not gonna quit are you."  Ken said, his face still straight as day.  He prepared to unleash a spindash, and rolled out, the force causing a shockwave to disrupt the black sand.  

As he traveled towards the girl, he could hear a faint voice.

“This is bad…” 

As she said this, her pressure began to rise again.  It almost seemed to push against Ken.  It had definitely surpassed anything he had ever felt from Ken, even with all of his power and the Chaos Emeralds.  But he wouldn't let just that stop him.  Instead, the girl threw her arm up, causing that strange force to rocket him towards the ceiling.  It was too much to bare without the proper momentum and speed.  He rushed towards the ceiling, crashing into it.  Even with this leverage, it was hard for him to escape the intense push that was on him.  He groaned, managing to open his eyes, seeing the girl disturb the entire floor of the ship itself.  It warped and waned under the girls pressure.  Was she even able to control it in her injured state?  If this were to go on any longer, it would destroy the whole ship and everyone in it.  With the pressure pushed up against his chest, he was able to muster a scream. 

"STOP THIS!  YOURE GONNA TEAR THIS SHIP APART!  DON'T YOU CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO THE OTHERS!?  YOUR FRIENDS?!  THEY COULD ALL DIE BECAUSE OF THIS!"  

As she looked up to him, her eyes seemed empty, as if she were asleep with them open. "I...Need...to.." Her eyes widened, as the iris' focused on Ken. Her pressure had stopped at this point, as he was now free falling back towards the ground. However, an orb of purple energy began to gather in her fists. "I need to protect Alex!" She screamed, with utmost emotion. It was the most emotion he had seen in their two fights. The sand that had been left to its own devices was now condensing into tiny spheres. They hovered in the air before launching at Ken, their size and speed making him sweat. In the background, the girl continued to charge the attack held in her hands.  Taking another breather, and setting his arms back, Ken placed his hands out and began deflecting every one of the small spheres directed at him, using their own momentum to be slung to the side. 

"This isn't gonna end well, kid!"  With all of the beads of sand out of the way, Ken placed his hands together, at the wrists, at his side.  He could feel every muscle of his aching.  This had been the longest period of time he had been in his third inhibitor state.  "Are you sure this is how you want it to?"  Ken said, standing with his knees quivering.  He cocked both hands behind his back, preparing to unleash whatever he could at this point.  "This isn't how I want it to."  Ken said, with a solemn tone.  

Cynthia limped into cover to avoid any retaliation and peeked out slightly. "Grr... That's a disgusting way to fight you know!" she yelled out before throwing her staff straight at the scorpion.

"...practical..." the scorpion said scooping his gun up, Cynthia's staff hit him straight in the shoulder. It knocked him back but not before he fired off two shots at her. Cynthia ducked behind cover and looked down at the stone that had already gone up to her thighs.

"Agh... This is just annoying... Hmm..." an idea had popped into her head. She hid behind cover so he couldn't see her. "Grr... You stupid scorpion! When I get out of this you're gonna..." she cut herself off and morphed the rest of her body to stone and acted frozen. Hopefully that scorpion wasn't as smart as he looked.

There was a moment of eerie silence on both ends before Alfonzo leapt onto the table Cynthia was behind. "..." silent as ever, he fired a shot right at Cynthia's foot. Thankfully her stone skin kept the damage to a minimum and she barely felt a thing. (C'mon... Get a little closer a**hole...) she thought to herself.

After a moment, the scorpion seemed to have bought her trick. He sighed and jumped down next to her, big mistake. "Gotcha!!" in a sudden motion, Cynthia grabbed the gunslinger's leg and slammed him onto the ground, she quickly got up and grabbed ahold of his tail. "This thing has caused me enough problems, get ready to say goodbye to it!" she said as she started to pull hard on Alfonzo's tail.

Alex continued to watch the monitors with Roxie, as it stood, everyone was still fighting the good fight. Benny was even kicking it up a notch in her fight against Ken, but that's what scared Alex. If Benny went overboard she may end up wreaking half the ship. In a different zone, Cynthia had managed to get the jump on Alfonzo surprisingly enough. Turns out she was more than just fists and racing. Meanwhile things were still not looking good with axel, it seemed like Batsu was overpowering everything he could throw at the crazy rooster.

All the excitement seemed to be getting to Roxie finally because she started scooting towards the door. “I can't take it anymore I’m hopping in!" she said excitingly. Alex's eyes widened as she quickly grabbed Roxie's leg.

"Whoa! You're not going down there..." alex said holding onto her leg. Roxie pouted as the both of them spun around in the chairs. "Ballocks! I've gotta, love! Some of these blokes look tough! I haven’t got to fight anyone like that in a forever!”

Alex shook her head. "You get caught in that mess we may not have a ship afterwards!" she argued.

Roxie just smiled. “Don’t worry, I don’t even have my ass kicking boots on!” She flicked alex off her leg and started scooting towards the door. “If the ship can handle Benny going nuts like that, then It definitely as room for a little Roxie action!” she called back. Alex wasn't having it, though. She hopped off her chair and quickly yanked Roxie away from the door and blocked it.

"Blake told me to keep you here and out of the fight, and that's what I'm gonna do!" she stated.

"Sounds like a challenge if I've ever heard one..." Roxie said with a look of mischief on her face. She started to spin rapidly in her seat, to the point where she was a blur, and charged at Alex. "Think fast, Alex!"

Alex quickly jumped into the air, using some propulsion from her fire to gain extra height. After Roxie passed under her, she charged up a fireball and threw it into Roxie's path to try and knock her off the chair. However, Roxie stopped herself forcefully before swinging her arm to the side. The force of her swing snuffed out the fireball and Roxie turned to Alex with a beaming smile. “I just got an idea, love.”

"Oh?" Alex landed at the opposite side of the room. "...and what is that?" she said crossing her arms.

“Why should us ladies not get our own cut of action right?” She’ll rub her hands together with excitement, producing a light sound of rubbing metal. “We’re the bells of the ball! Just like everyone else… we both take a team! If I win you stay here with us and if you win, you can go with these blokes!" Roxie laughed as if something hilarious was said. “Of course we don’t have to worry about that.”

Alex looked back at the monitors to see the fights on the ship one more time before sighing, embers flew from her breath. "Alright Roxie... You're on..." she said with a slight smile.

“Atta girl! I knew there was a reason I loved ya. Couldn’t have just been the pretty face.” She smirked before shooting towards Alex rather quickly whilst still seated comfortable in her chair. Alex slammed a fireball to the ground, creating an explosion in front of her that sent her up into the air. However, that didn't stop Roxie, as Alex soon saw her running up the wall while still in the chair. The pirate captain flung herself off seconds later and slammed the bottom half of the chair into Alex's side.

"Agh!" Alex fell to the ground, but reoriented herself in time to land without hurting herself further. She held her side before looking up at Roxie. "You're crazy... You know that?" she said before launching a volley of fire at the hedgehog. Roxie seemed to realize last second that the chair wasn't good in mid-air but gave a smirk before the flames washed over her. Her image could be made out in the fire before she fell towards Alex, the flames fading away from her and the now destroyed chair.

“So I’ve been told!” Her clothes were slightly singed but the damaged seemed minimal as she raised both hands above her head as if she were going for a two handed smash. “Whatever I am, you’re a lier if you try to tell me I’m not a also smashing!" Alex couldn't help but smile from that. She dodged out of the way of Roxie's attack before quickly going in with a flaming punch. The attack caught Roxie by surprise as she staggered back from the blow to the head.

Alex's eyes flared up as she did a one-two punch on Roxie, and knocked her into the wall. "Let's see how you like this!" She gathered up all the fire around her into one point and let loose a huge fume of fire at Roxie. "Dragon Fire!!!"

BGM

"You're not facing MS-11 Chimera anymore. Now, you face MS-02, Metal Sonic!"

"Hu- GWAH!" Blake spun around to see his new opponent but was instead sent reeling forward by a powerful punch to his back.

"Huh, I never realized how much heavier Chimera is..." Metal sonic studied the hand of his new body before turning towards the downed wolf. The ground creaked from the strain as bot leaped up into the air and attempted to stomp down on Blake's face.

“So you’re a different model.” Quickly gaining a grasp of his situation, Blake skillfully rolled to the side moments before Metal Sonic's feet collided with the ground where he had be laying. "I had assumed that drive was some sort of anti-virus... but it looks like it was you, huh? I never accounted for something like this." Blake hastily put the pieces together whilst tossing a disk towards the bot's feet.

"Yes. I'm the second model of the Metal Series... I suppose you could call me his older brother," Metal explained. "Now, I'm all for peace between robots and organics, but, kidnapping a member of my brother's friends and then trying to infect him with a virus? I won't let that stand," He continued whilst glancing down at the beeping disk. Suspecting that it was a bomb, Metal quickly threw up his Black Shield to defend himself.

Though the explosion never came. Rather then an explosive payload, the disk opened it's seal to release a thick cloud of smoke that filled the area as Blake quickly hopped to his darted to the side.

“Kidnapping? Alex is one of us now. She’s here on her own free will…”

"Is she now?" Metal Sonic asked as he looked around the dense smokescreen. "Did you actually ask her, or did you just jump to 'defend her' without giving her a moment to think or even respond?" He turned his head towards where he saw Blake without moving his body. "Tell me, what was her answer?"

Loud clangs of metal filed the room. It was as if someone had suddenly started working on a construction sight within the smoke and when the noise finally subside Blake's voice called out to Metal.

“I’ll let you and Chimera unit ask her once I drag you two into my workshop..."

"We're not going to go down easy," Metal said as his rockets powered up and he took off into the smoke causing it to disperse from the sudden forceful blast. Though he soon dragged himself to a halt upon realizing that his target was nowhere to found. Glancing in every direction, Metal only found his mark up look directly above him...

Blake was there waiting. Hanging upside down from a pipe with the help of his grappling hook, the wolf peered down at his foe with a half smirk. He wasn't alone. Around him was a large amount of the metal rubble that had been used against in the beginning of the fight, now floating dangerous and unstably around the ceiling through the use of several of the magnetic disks he had made use of during his and Chimera's first encounter.

“I'm well aware, friend..." He sighed before flicking the wrist of his remaining gauntlet, causing the steel debris rain down towards Metal like an avalanche.

Metal peered up at Blake and his impressively improvised attack. "Devious wolf," He said whilst leaping into the air and landing on one of the pieces of falling rubble. Despite the weight of Chimera's body, Metal proceeded to leap from piece to piece, skillfully climbing the falling debris towards Blake.

“That a compliment??”

Seeing this Blake, resolved to get more involved. Quickly detaching his grappling hook at planting his feet atop the largest piece of rubble to guide it down to crush Metal Sonic.

"Take it however you wish," Kicking off the rubble, Metal Sonic flew through the air, curling up and spin dashing through the rubble flying at him. An earsplitting grinding was Blake's only warning before the bot's spherical from tore right through wolf's footing, forcing him to dodge to the side. Though it seemed he was a millisecond too slow, and found the entire left side of his armor was nearly completely torn to shreds by the buzzsaw-like attack.

“That attack again?!”

Nonetheless, Blake refused to back down. Grabbing his grappling hook, the wolf quickly shot his line past Metal, hooking it into the far wall and allowing it to yank him forward at frightening speeds. With a growl, he lashed out at Metal forcing the bot to uncurl at raise an arm to block. The blow was powerful, tearing a gash through Chimera's armor and sending his body flying towards the opposite wall.

“I scanned Chimera unit extensively before making the virus. Interesting design. s*** ton of weapons...” Blake called out to his opponent before righting himself so that he was clinging to the wall. “That means one of three things... Either his armory is still disabled, you don’t know how to use them or...” He glared at Chimera through his visor as he watch the bot quickly clung to the wall with the spikes protruding from his firsts. "You're underestimating me." His teeth flashed to punctuate his words. Underestimating him was a deadly mistake to anyone. Even someone like Roxie...

"Have you considered the fourth option?"

Blake's eyes narrowed.

"The weapons just aren't my style,"

The wolf couldn't help but smirk. Eggman programed this guys with one liners too, huh? Scoffing Blake brought his remaining gauntlet up and flicked his wrist, causing blue sparks to dance around his claws.

“You know... Alex never told us what you guys were doing when we crossed paths. There’s no way you’re just travelers... so color me intrigued. What’s your story?”

Metal Sonic, suspecting a trap, started to emit a humming sound, with electrical sparks starting to dance around him, but he didn't move to attack. Instead, he began to search his brother's memories. Sadly, they were very scattered, as Chimera was still fighting off the virus.

"If you mean the group, then as far as I can tell from Chimera's scattered memories, they are looking for the Chaos Emeralds so they can defeat a being known as Gywnn. His servant, Mephlies, was the one that sent all the shadow creatures that slaughtered a large number of people that could access the Chaos Force," Metal explained, overloading his brother's circuits slowly but surely as they spoke. 

“… Chaos emeralds, huh?” Blake seemed to be thinking about something but sighed before clenching his fist, causing the sparks to explode into an aura of electricity. “Sounds important…” He shifted his stance slightly as if he were preparing to leap. “When this is all over I’ll talk to Roxie. We’re not into the whole hero thing, but it sounds like this Gywnn creature needs to be put down and we may have something that can help.” He sighed again. “So what do you say the three of us do our best to survive this?”

"I know we'll survive... Let me show you one of my moves!" Metal Sonic called out as a bright yellow aura exploded around him. "V Maximum Drive!" He then dashed at Blake, his speed around double the normal Chimera has shown during the fight, his fist reared back to clash with Blake.

Archived