Sonic the Hedgehog: Solar Tides [IC/Accepting]

Mr. Hyde

Mobian Sea: Cha'Aqua

After Gu'ill's calm exit, pod after pod began to open up, releasing a familiar occupant each and every time...besides the first pod to open that wasn't his.  A yellow hedgehog had somehow found itself among the group.  She must've been a capable mobian if she was able to break herself free of the chamber.

"Hey, you know... where we are... or are you as confused as I am?"

Ken was about to answer, when Zane also came to his senses.  

"H-Hey Ken...w-whose your new friend...?"

Ken shrugged.  "I guess it's another poor soul who got dragged into the ocean about the same time we did."  Ken turned to the hedgehog and gave her a good once over.  She looked to be a rebellious type...pretty cute...whatever.  "Who are you anyways missy?"  The next person he saw was his brother.  He was glad to see Axel in a better condition, but the fury in his brother's eyes as he strode up to the new face was anything but pleasant.  

"Where is it?!  What have you done to us?!"  It looked as if he had manifested a chaos blade out of anger.  

"My... ring... where's my ring!?"  Alex began to panic as well.  

"It is obvious she has even less of an idea than we do about our situation," 

​"Excuse me buddy?! I'd put that knife or whatever it is away, in case you haven't noticed I'm in the same situation as you!  So if I were you, I'd think twice before throwing accusations everywhere!"

Ken rushed up behind his brother and put a hand on his shoulder, and forcing him back.  

"Get a hold of yourself Axel!  She didn't do anything...we're all in the same pickle."  Ken glared into his brothers eyes.  "You need to calm down brother."  Now that the commotion was done, Ken took a deep breath and began to explain their situation.  "Look...the egg carrier sank.  We were rescued by what appears to be an aquatic race of Mobians.  This place is called Cha'Aqua."  He turned to Axel and Alex.  "Now...about the emerald and your ring....they have them in some sort of storage facility."  Ken prepared for the worst from both of them, but put his hands out trying to halt them from getting any angrier.  "I know I know!  But the security chief said that we'd get them back as soon as we departed...they just don't want us having such powerful artifacts in their city.  I find that...pretty reasonable to be quite honest."

From behind the group, a figure stood on the other side of the aqueous door.  The door rippled as the figure passed through.  A familiar face stood in the room among them.

"Greetings...Charyb here..."

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Look...the egg carrier sank," At those words, Chimera fell to his knees. 

"No... no... not the Egg Carrier...," He stared at the ground. "... They're all going to kill me... How could I lose the Doctor's greatest airship?!" He smashed his head against the ground. "Dammit!" He was so distressed that he didn't hear what anyone else said or process what they did. How could he let this happen?! Everyone loved the Egg Carrier! It was their home away from home! So many memories were made there, and they sunk to the bottom of the ocean. With Metal copied to a drive and Mecha being a head... that was his last link to the past... Oh no... Mecha's head was still in the ship as well!

"Greetings...Charyb here..." Chimera's head shot up as he heard that voice behind him. He stood up slowly and turned to look. That robot... That robot...!  He was the reason the Egg Carrier was at the bottom of the ocean! Why didn't he just let them pass in peace?! He clenched his fist, walking up to Charyb, looking ready to punch the hell out of the aquatic robot. He reared his fist back... and then thrust it forward, the palm open for a handshake.

"Greetings, Charyb," He said, his voice a bit monotone. He couldn't fight the bot, not with all his weapons offline, and... in the end, he was just doing what he was programmed to do... it wasn't really his fault, so much as it was of the incompetent programmers. Of course, on the flipside, Badniks were very capable of being deceitful to get what they wanted, so he couldn't blame the robot. "It is a pleasure to meet you under peaceful circumstances,"   

"Look...the egg carrier sank. We were rescued by what appears to be an aquatic race of Mobians. This place is called Cha'Aqua." Cha'Aqua? Alex knew a ton of ancient cities and all that, (comes with being a thief, gotta know the best places to steal from or look for treasure) but she never heard of that name, probably because she wouldn't care for something that's deep underwater. "Now...about the emerald and your ring....they have them in some sort of storage facility." Alex's face went from a state of confusion to a state of complete anger. "What... you mean these people took my ring?! Ooooohhh, you do not steal from a thief, something like that can end badly for you, I stole that ring fair and square and I'm not about to let some... fish take it away from me!" Alex literally had fire in her eyes from learning what happened to her ring.

"I know I know! But the security chief said that we'd get them back as soon as we departed...they just don't want us having such powerful artifacts in their city. I find that...pretty reasonable to be quite honest." Reasonable or not, Alex was not happy about this one bit. But before she could say anything else, a familiar voice made her eyes light up even more. "Greetings...Charyb here..." the very same robot who caused this whole mess of confusion was standing in the doorway, probably coming to finish them off. Chimera looked like he was about to let Charyb have it, but instead he shook hands with him. "Greetings, Charyb, It is a pleasure to meet you under peaceful circumstances," Alex couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Uhhh, hey Chimera, might I remind you that this same robot, sank our ship and nearly killed us!!! Or did you lose a circuit or two from sinking to the bottom of the ocean?" Alex would've thrown a knife in Charyb's head if she had one, and maybe a fireball if she had the strength. "What do you want you aquatic psychopath, come to finish us off, or did you just come to rub it in that you beat us?

"I guess it's another poor soul who got dragged into the ocean about the same time we did."

Zane just kept himself up by leaning against the containment unit, before watching what transpired next. First Axel emerged and pretty much had his aura blade, demanding to know where the Chaos Emerald was. Then came Alex who freaked out because her ring wasn't with her. Sheesh...everyone overreacting... he thought, finally moving away from the containment unit. Well at least Chimera isn't asking for anything or overreacting.

The arctic wolf, apparently thought too soon, because Ken began to speak once more.

"Look...the egg carrier sank. We were rescued by what appears to be an aquatic race of Mobians. This place is called Cha'Aqua."

"Dammit!"

Zane's head met his open palm in a sigh, before shaking his head. "Well then..." he sighed. "At least they didn't take m-" he paused mid-sentence, feeling his left vest pocket...it feeling empty. Quickly opening it he groaned loudly. "REALLY?! They took my collapsible snowboard? Jeez...I ain't even on ice and they lootin' my body!" he grumbled, shaking his head before hearing the doors opened/rippled and a familiar...yet destructive face appeared.

"Greetings...Charyb here..."

"Oh goodie...the psychotic salt water bot...just what was missing!" Zane rolled his eyes, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Still...he had to at least be SOMEWHAT grateful that they were alive...most likely thanks to him. "Alright just listen, seaweed bot..." he spoke, holding up a hand, pointing at the Gizord. "IF you made sure we got here safely...and not die, I'm thanking you. BUT!! That doesn't really excuse what you did up there...besides, I had you up there."

Egg Carrier? Cha'Aqua? Cynthia couldn't believe what she got herself into. "Greetings...Charyb here..." ​Cynthia turned to face the direction of the monotone voice to see a blue robot standing by the watery doorway. The robot that broke from the pod looked like he was about to punch this Charyb, but instead he proceeded to shake his hand.

"Uhhh, hey Chimera, might I remind you that this same robot, sank our ship and nearly killed us!!! Or did you lose a circuit or two from sinking to the bottom of the ocean? What do you want you aquatic psychopath, come to finish us off, or did you just come to rub it in that you beat us?"

"Oh goodie...the psychotic salt water bot...just what was missing! Alright just listen, seaweed bot... IF you made sure we got here safely...and not die, I'm thanking you. BUT!! That doesn't really excuse what you did up there...besides, I had you up there."

​Everyone seemed aquainted with this robot, and they really weren't on good terms. ​"Ummm... Mind explaining things to the newcomer here? Or are you going to leave me in the dark?" ​As Cynthia asked this, she felt along her back to see if her extreme gear was still there, much to her disappointment it wasn't. ​"Great, I lost my extreme gear in that stupid storm, so much for competing in this year's tourney, I guess my buddies back at Metropolis are going to have fun without me. Come to think of, I wonder if they even know I'm missing." ​Cynthia pondered on how her friends were back in Metropolis while she waited for an answer to her question.

"Get a hold of yourself Axel!  She didn't do anything...we're all in the same pickle."  Axel glared daggers at Ken after being forcibly moved away from the stranger, despite her clearly preparing he powers to have a go at him. "You need to calm down brother." It was moments like these that made Axel painfully aware off how different Ken was from himself... Nonetheless, he took a breath and relaxed his stance to hear his twin out.

"Look...the egg carrier sank.  We were rescued by what appears to be an aquatic race of Mobians.  This place is called Cha'Aqua." The white hedgehog sighed as he watched Ken shift his gaze between Alex and himself. He could already tell where this was going, and wasn't happy about it.  "Now...about the emerald and your ring....they have them in some sort of storage facility."  

"..." Axel's expression made it very evident that was about to blow a gasket. 

"I know I know!  But the security chief said that we'd get them back as soon as we departed...they just don't want us having such powerful artifacts in their city.  I find that...pretty reasonable to be quite honest."

Axel opened his mouth to interject, but instantly silenced him upon sensing yet another familiar presence as it entered the room. "Greetings...Charyb here..." ​​

The robot that had managed best them in combat made it's return, causing a plethora of reactions from everyone in the room. 

"Greetings, Charyb, It is a pleasure to meet you under peaceful circumstances," 

"Uhhh, hey Chimera, might I remind you that this same robot, sank our ship and nearly killed us!!! Or did you lose a circuit or two from sinking to the bottom of the ocean? What do you want you aquatic psychopath, come to finish us off, or did you just come to rub it in that you beat us?"

"Oh goodie...the psychotic salt water bot...just what was missing! Alright just listen, seaweed bot... IF you made sure we got here safely...and not die, I'm thanking you. BUT!! That doesn't really excuse what you did up there...besides, I had you up there."

"Ummm... Mind explaining things to the newcomer here? Or are you going to leave me in the dark?" 

The white hedgehog could only pinch the bridge of his brow in exasperation. ​"Great, I lost my extreme gear in that stupid storm, so much for competing in this year's tourney, I guess my buddies back at Metropolis are going to have fun without me. Come to think of, I wonder if they even know I'm missing." ​Turning to glance at the stranger as she morned the loss of her extreme gear, and pondered about the status of her contacts in Metropolis, Axel sighed before pushing past Ken; being sure to bump shoulders with his brother to assure that he was aware that he was not pleased. 

"Metropolis has been all but destroyed." He spoke in his usual brooding tone as he approached the yellow hedgehog with a glowing blue gaze that peered past her flesh to observe her aura. Whoever this person was, she definitely held a connection to the chaos force...

Stepping into the woman's space, he calmly snatched up her arm to observe the metal discoloration that had formed when she had prepared to defend herself. "An evil entity known as Mephiles initiated a mass extermination of those who have abilities like yourself..." She was a passive chaos force user like Zane and Alex; able to use her connection to evoke a unique ability within themselves. Unlike Ken and himself who used the force to fuel their techniques and generally empower physical traits or bend reality. "The fact that you're still alive means you either managed to defend yourself during the creature's initial sweep, or were captured by this 'aquatic race of Mobians' before it started and went unnoticed."

Satisfied with his analysis of the stranger, he dropped her hand and began walking towards Charyb. "Either way, you can forget about returning to your home. It's a graveyard..." He glanced over his shoulder to show the yellow hedgehog that he was very much serious. "Sorry for your loss," He said rather unsympathetically before turning his attention back to the water wielding robot. "We've set off on a journey to reseal Mephiles before he can cause any more harm to the planet, but encountered Charyb as we tried to traverse the ocean in search of a chaos emerald. Combat and ensued, and he is far more powerful than we could have anticipated... He destroyed our vessel and left us for dead. " He was now standing beside Chimera and directly in front of Charyb. "Even so," He said through gritted teeth as he took another step towards the robot "Give me back my emerald." Axel's brow twitched slightly as made his demand. "...please." Though it pained him ask in such a manner, he knew all too well that he was in no position to try to engage Charyb in any form of combat at the moment, and that diplomacy was quite literally their only option. 

Charyb expected a range of emotions to play out before him...after all, he is the one that caused such a mess in the first place.  However, one reaction made him jump back a little, and it was the Eggman robot of all people.  People might not have been the best word in this situation though.  The robot stuck it's arm out in a friendly gesture, ready to bury the hatchet.  Charyb hesitantly reached out himself, and shook the robots hand.  It seemed that he had a certain understanding of how his programming might have effected his judgement.  

"Maybe all of Eggman's robots weren't so bad after all...." Charyb said on a lower volume.  

While the others freaked out over the robot that had put them in this predicament, Ken inspected the new yellow hedgehog along with his brother.  He nodded continuously as Axel brought the girl up to speed on the matters at hand.  Although he was a little harsh, which was just Axel in general, nothing he said was a lie.  Ken continued where his brother so coldly left off.  

"Don't mind him...he's always like this....calm brooding type.  You know how it is."  Ken shrugged.  "But in all seriousness, I'm so sorry.  A terrible darkness has fallen over Mobius...and we're going to try and put a stop to it!  Looking at your unique ability....I'm sure it would be fine if you decided to join us in our endeavors!"  Ken stroked the bristles on the back of his head.  "Don't feel obligated to...this is probably a suicide mission...but we have to stop Mephiles at whatever cost....I've lost too much already to go back now."  Without realizing, Ken's fist had started to tighten.  He turned away from the yellow hedgehog to follow his brother towards Charyb.  

"Give me back my emerald...please." 

Charyb looked uneasy, as the answer he was about to give would surely upset this hedgehog.  

"Uh....Uh....No can do sir.  I have been put under strict orders to guide you to the throne room.  You will be meeting her royal highness, and explain your situation."  The gizoid bowed, closing it's eyes.  "But before all that, I deeply apologize for my misconduct on the surface...I didn't mean to halt the progress on such an important task."  Charyb spun around towards the exit.  "Now if you would follow me."  He walked outside the gelatinous door, waiting in the hallway for the others.  They would see as they exited the room, a large cylindrical hallway.  Outside the clear walls of the highway were beautiful rocky structures that littered the ocean floor, along with various sea creatures.  It was almost pitch black down here, if it weren't for the lights inside and outside this hallway.

Ken followed immediately.  He touched the gelatinous door, and shivered.  He held his breath as he went to the other side, hoping that none of this goop would get up his nose.  Once he breached to the other side, he let his breath go in a sign of awe.  It was truly beautiful down here.  

"Royal highness huh...wonder if she's cute..." Ken thought aloud.  

"Uhhh, hey Chimera, might I remind you that this same robot, sank our ship and nearly killed us!!! Or did you lose a circuit or two from sinking to the bottom of the ocean?" Alex yelled. Chimera resisted the urge to roll his electronic eyes. Classic insult that organics used, along with 'having a screw loose'. Even two hundred years into the futures robots were treated the exact same. Oh joy.

"Maybe all of Eggman's robots weren't so bad after all...." Charyb said on a lower volume.  

"After spending two hundred years offline and reactivating to see everything you know and care about in ruins... It forces you to rework your priorities and change your prespective," Chimera replied, his voice lowered to the same volume as Charyb.

"Give me back my emerald ...please."  Axel sounded like he had rather drink lava thank say the words that just spilled out of his mouth.

"I swear, you want that emerald more that the Doctor ever did," Chimera commented with a roll of his eyes. Charyb confirmed that yes, they were not allowed to have their items as they were in the city. It would cause Chimera to grimace, if he could make an expression... His systems working on getting his weapons online was automatic... Not something he could turn off. He was, first and foremost, a combat unit, after all.

Chimera followed Ken through the gelatinous door, not reacting to how cold it was, nor how the goop felt as he slid past it. He didn't look at the view, nor did he care. It was time to meet someone in authority.

"Royal highness huh...wonder if she's cute..." Ken spoke up.

"I do not believe it matters, as the odds of you mating with her fall far below 1 percent," Chimera stated. "It would be best to focus on our mission and not the physical attraction you may or may not feel for royalty,"

Oh, Chimera knew what he was doing to, but being a robot, he was sure they would just assume he didn't understand organics and try to explain it away. ... Maybe there was a bright side to robot stereotypes after all.

Zane finally noticed that there was a newcomer, a third hedgehog...this one yellow and a female. He kept quiet as he noticed Ken moving over towards her and begin to explain things to her, pretty much catching her up to speed. Heh...Ken, you sly hedgehog. he snickered to himself, putting his hands into his pockets.

"Give me back my emerald...please."

Now this was a new side to the other hedgehog, seeing him really seeming to need the Chaos Emerald...like...needed it needed it. But still, Zane moved up towards the rest of the group, hearing Charyb speak.

"Uh....Uh....No can do sir. I have been put under strict orders to guide you to the throne room. You will be meeting her royal highness, and explain your situation. But before all that, I deeply apologize for my misconduct on the surface...I didn't mean to halt the progress on such an important task. Now if you would follow me."

"Jeez...first ya act all territorial and now your actin' like a freakin' butler bot..." Zane mumbled to himself, shrugging. "Still...not everyday ya get to meet a princess. Hope she's c-" The arctic wolf paused as he and apparently Ken had the same sort of thought, only causing Zane to laugh a bit. "Heh, great minds think alike, huh?"

"I do not believe it matters, as the odds of you mating with her fall far below 1 percent. It would be best to focus on our mission and not the physical attraction you may or may not feel for royalty."

Zane rolled his eyes a bit and threw his hands behind his head. "Yeah yeah. Jeez...always numbers with you, C. Besides, it ain't about mating...sheesh. It's called, making an impression."

"Metropolis has been all but destroyed." ​Cynthia, upon hearing this, turned to face the Axel. ​"Uhhh... I'm sorry what?" ​Axel took hold of Cynthia's hand before she got an answer, the white hedgehog seemed to be examining her hand, as she still had it in it's metal coloring. "An evil entity known as Mephiles initiated a mass extermination of those who have abilities like yourself... The fact that you're still alive means you either managed to defend yourself during the creature's initial sweep, or were captured by this 'aquatic race of Mobians' before it started and went unnoticed." ​Axel let go of Cynthia's hand at this point and she retracted it back quickly, personal space much? "Either way, you can forget about returning to your home. It's a graveyard... Sorry for your loss," ​That last bit just sounded plain sarcastic, but was this jerk of a hedgehog telling the truth?

"Don't mind him...he's always like this....calm brooding type.  You know how it is. But in all seriousness, I'm so sorry.  A terrible darkness has fallen over Mobius...and we're going to try and put a stop to it!  Looking at your unique ability....I'm sure it would be fine if you decided to join us in our endeavors!​" A​t least the other hedgehog was less of a jerk and more charismatic. "Don't feel obligated to...this is probably a suicide mission...but we have to stop Mephiles at whatever cost....I've lost too much already to go back now." ​Whoever or whatever this Mephiles person is, he sounded like a serious threat. Cynthia was having a hard time wrapping her head around all this.

​"Look... I honestly don't know a clue as to what you two are going on about, part of me wants to believe you, but most of me thinks what your saying is nothing but a load of crap and until you have proof for what your talking about, I just can't take your word for it." ​Cynthia didn't know what to make of all this, the two brothers seemed trustworthy, but she just couldn't trust someone she just met right away, especially since she nearly got in a fight with one of the brothers. The blue robot at the doorway said something about taking everyone to meet the ruler of this place and everyone started heading out the room. Despite the chill that the door gave her, Cynthia found herself in what was almost like an aquarium, with the hall being something of a window showing all the water life outside. "Royal highness huh...wonder if she's cute..." ​Cynthia just shook her head at the other hedgehog brother's statement. ​"We're in the middle of all this and your thinking about the ruler's looks? It's kinda hard for me to take you seriously right now."

Alex could tell from Axel's face that she wasn't the only one unhappy about having her item taken away from her. After he had gotten done with catching the newcomer up with current events, Axel asked Charyb for his emerald back, Alex couldn't tell if he was trying to be polite, or trying to be less hostile than he already was. "Uh....Uh....No can do sir.  I have been put under strict orders to guide you to the throne room.  You will be meeting her royal highness, and explain your situation. But before all that, I deeply apologize for my misconduct on the surface...I didn't mean to halt the progress on such an important task. Now if you would follow me." Charyb seemed like entirely different person from the robot that nearly tried to kill everyone in cold blood. Whatever, as long as she gets her ring back, Alex was happy.

Zane also seemed slightly surprised at how Charyb's personality was different than from before, but it probably didn't matter at that point. Heading out of the pod room, Alex grew pale at the sight of the hallway, the fact that they were in a completely submerged city suddenly snapped into her mind and it kinda made her sick to her stomach. Alex huddled a bit closer to Zane's side after getting her share of the sights. "Don't think anything of this, I'm just standing close to you because your best when it comes to dealing with water... Ugh... I feel faint, I don't know if it's from waking up in those pods, or the fact we're completely underwater."

Axel sighed as his companions began to file out of the room. He had expected the response he received when inquiring about the emerald; but hell, it was worth a shot. Waiting to assure that he was the the last person to pass through the gelatinous wall that was apparently this culture's take on a door, Axel began to walk silently behind the rest of the pack to assure that nothing attacked them from their flank as Ken took point. 

He observed Alex move closer to Zane with a slight arch of his eyebrow but didn't bother to draw any attention to it. His crew's romantic endeavors were of little importance to him after all. Shifting his gaze to the right to observe vast array of aquatic life visible past the glass, he couldn't help wonder why it seemed that the Mephiles's attacks hadn't reached this city...

"Royal highness huh...wonder if she's cute..." ​

"Heh, great minds think alike, huh?"

"I do not believe it matters, as the odds of you mating with her fall far below 1 percent. It would be best to focus on our mission and not the physical attraction you may or may not feel for royalty."

"Yeah yeah. Jeez...always numbers with you, C. Besides, it ain't about mating...sheesh. It's called, making an impression."

​"We're in the middle of all this and your thinking about the ruler's looks? It's kinda hard for me to take you seriously right now."

The white hedgehog's ears twitched slightly as he listened to the others chatter amongst themselves. Instinctively, he spoke up to defend his brother. "He's well aware of the gravity of the situation. Ken just has the tendency to blurt out any ludicrous dribble that slips into his musclebound head..." Axel sighed again as he crossed his arms and allowed the smallest semblance of a smirk to form on the side of his mouth before looking towards his twin. "'Don't mind him...'" He quoted Ken with a hint of mockery in his voice. "All that red dye must be seeping into his brain. 'You know how it is,'"  He was the only one allowed to bother his brother. That was simply the law of the land...

"All that red dye must be seeping into his brain. 'You know how it is."

"Axel!  No one's s'posed to know about the dye!"  Ken rushed to the front of the group.  "I swear it's...It's totally natural!"  The smile on his face was corny and unconvincing.  It was mere moments before he turned around.  When he did so, Charyb was inspecting him closely.

"....I'm sorry Kuh'en...but I can detect chemicals in your hair.  It is definitely not natural due to your genetics to sport red streaks in your hair."  The robot turned around and continued down the hall.  Ken couldn't help but rattle his fist behind the gizoid's back.  Maybe he should've released the third inhibitor after all.

As they walked down this magnificent hallway, Ken couldn't help but smile.  They were really getting along...even the new girl seemed to fit with the group like a glove.  Upon passing another jelly door, the team found themselves in a rather large dome enclosure.  Many aquatic mobians of all ages were strolling down the busy Cha'Aquan streets.  As the group approached, they turned many heads.  Whispers could be heard all around, but it seemed to be in a totally different language.  Children rushed over to Charyb, jumping excitedly for joy.  Upon further inspection of the city, one could see many sculptures depicting gizoids that struck a resemblance with Charyb.  

"Y'klo tu Tr'ytonis?!"1  Three of them shouted in unison.  Charyb simply shook his head.

"No young ones, these are our honored guests, from ku'nɛt."  Once Charyb had uttered the final word of his sentence, the kids immediately swarmed the group.  Their attention was more drawn to Chimera, where they would continuously tap on his hard metal exterior.  

"Charyb is softer..." one would say.  

"Back to your families..." Charyb said calmly, shooing the little ones from the group.  They giggled and did as Charyb told.  He looked back to the group and shrugged.  "I'm kind of a symbol around here...after all...I'm the last line of defense for this place."  He turned around once again and strolled towards the middle most road in the city.  It looked to lead to a large castle...one that would be seen in the days of old Mobius.  "This is the Cha'Aqua Temple...her highness awaits us."

IsOSufc.png

Mobian Sea: Cha'Aqua Temple

Through a maze of lefts and rights, the group had finally made their way to the inner sanctum of the temple.  A large throne room, with a large view of a coral reef outside, stood before them.  A throne made of what looked to be sea bedrock was carved into the very back wall of the room, opposite of the group.  However, instead of seeing the princess, they were met with an empty chair.  Charyb stared at it for quite some time in silence.  

"Uhm...any moment now..."  

Just as he took a pause to apologize, a loud splash could be heard from the left side of the chamber.  An aquatic Mobian had fallen face first onto the cold, stone floor.  Ken couldn't help but utter a small giggle.  He was met with a quick slap to the back of the head.  Turning around, he saw a familiar face.  It was Gu'ill.  

"Don't laugh at her royal highness."  

"No, no...it was totally my fault.  I tripped over my tail."  The voice was muffled by the floor, the mobian had yet to stand up.  She took her time in doing so as well, as the group stood still, patiently waiting for her reveal.  "Turn around!"  She yelled.  Charyb and Gu'ill turned around almost instantly, and the group would follow suit.  Ken couldn't help but take a peak back, as he saw the princess get up.  She was a smooth looking aquatic Mobian.  Ken blushed slightly...she was beyond cute.  He was forced to turn around again when she looked their way.  "Alright...you may turn back."  Again, the group turned around to face the Cha'Aquan princess.

"My name Is Pearl...I am the Princess of Cha'Aqua...Now...if you wouldn't mind explaining yourselves and how you ended up here...I'm sure we could all sort this out."  

Ken laughed.

"Well Princess...you might wanna sit down.  This is gonna take a bit."  When he opened his eyes, the princess was on her throne.

"Story time!"  She said with an innocent smile.

IsOSufc.png

After recounting all of the previous events that had unfolded, Pearl nodded intensely.  

"So...an attack on the surface....by a Mephiles...This is serious...very serious....your mission is an important one indeed."  The princess scanned the group.  She then pointed to Cynthia.  "You aren't in these stories...I assume you're just a wayward soul who got swept away by the tides then?  You silly surface dwellers need to breathe you know?"  Pearl stood up from her throne and nodded some more.  "I have made up my mind....We have collected your sunken vessel, and will commence repairs post haste!"  Her eyes then took a more serious look.  "As for this Mephiles...Mephiles the Dark....I'm afraid we know all too well about him.  If he's loose, he'll definitely be heading for Iblis...to reunite with his other half yet again.  If that comes to be, then not even we Cha'Aquans can stay safe.  For this case, repairs will take one day...we must let you be off so you can stop this impending doom on Mobi-WAH!"  Pearl's face struck the floor once more.  

"You are free to do as you please around Cha'Aqua...dining and housing shall be provided by the castle for the time being."  Pearl's voice was again muffled by the floor in her face.  

Ken's mouth started watering.  

"Looks like we have a day all to ourselves.  This place has gotta have some good eats."  He looked to the group.  "What do you all wanna do?!"  

[spoiler=Learn Cha'Aquan]

1: "Are these your enemy?!"

As they made their way through the long hallway, the group found themselves in a large domed area where other aquatic mobians, young and old, could be seen walking around. Alex noticed immediately that the mobians were staring and whispering about her and the others, though she couldn't tell what they were even saying. A couple of children had run up to Charyb with excited, happy looks on their faces, Alex also saw that a few statues depicting Charyb were placed around the city. "Heh, quite the celebrity isn't he?" The kids then drew their attention to the group before Charyb sent them away, curious, then again Alex and the others were the strangers here in this city. A few minutes later, the group stood before a large, castle-like structure, "This is the Cha'Aqua Temple...her highness awaits us." Charyb said before leading the way inside.

After a few minutes of wandering the castle, the group finally made it to the throne room, but nobody was on the throne. Seconds later, a splash was heard beside the throne and a young mobians could be seen face down on the floor. Alex couldn't exactly hear what the mobian was saying since they were muffled by the floor,  "Turn around!" But that Alex could hear. After a few seconds the mobian let the group turn back around. "My name Is Pearl...I am the Princess of Cha'Aqua...Now...if you wouldn't mind explaining yourselves and how you ended up here...I'm sure we could all sort this out." Ken was happy enough to share the news with the aquatic princess, about Mephiles and this whole big adventure to stop him before Mobius is destroyed.

"So...an attack on the surface....by a Mephiles...This is serious...very serious....your mission is an important one indeed." The princess had a calm demeanor to her after hearing all about current events, after a few seconds of thinking she stood up from her throne and addressed the group. "I have made up my mind....We have collected your sunken vessel, and will commence repairs post haste!"  Her eyes then took a more serious look.  "As for this Mephiles...Mephiles the Dark....I'm afraid we know all too well about him.  If he's loose, he'll definitely be heading for Iblis...to reunite with his other half yet again.  If that comes to be, then not even we Cha'Aquans can stay safe.  For this case, repairs will take one day...we must let you be off so you can stop this impending doom on Mobi-WAH!" Pearl seemed to have tripped up again. "You are free to do as you please around Cha'Aqua...dining and housing shall be provided by the castle for the time being." At least she was willing to help out by repairing the Carrier, for someone so seemingly young she seemed like a very kind and just ruler.

"Looks like we have a day all to ourselves.  This place has gotta have some good eats. What do you all wanna do?!" Ken's question to the group certainly was something to think about. "Hmmm... I suppose I'll just have myself a little walk around this place," Alex said while stretching her arm. "Gotta stretch my legs out, no telling how long we were in those pods," She said before mumbling something so no one could hear her, "And maybe I'll see if these people have anything valuable..."

The group made their way through the underwater city to the great castle that sat in the center of it. Cynthia had noticed that their were a few statues here and there that looked very similar to Charyb, the others also noticed this too. ​"Heh, you sure you guys fought this robot, because he seems to be very popular around here," ​The group headed into the castle and made their way to the throne room where they would finally meet the princess of this place, only the throne was empty. ​"Am I missing something her or..."

A second later, a young looking girl splashed out of the water and seemingly tripped up, as she had face planted the floor. "Turn around!" Well she obviously felt embarrassed about the trip, Cynthia turned around accordingly with everyone else, seconds later everyone turned back around.

"My name Is Pearl...I am the Princess of Cha'Aqua...Now...if you wouldn't mind explaining yourselves and how you ended up here...I'm sure we could all sort this out." ​Ken was happy to share an explanation.

"So...an attack on the surface....by a Mephiles...This is serious...very serious....your mission is an important one indeed." ​Pearl then pointed at Cynthia. "You aren't in these stories...I assume you're just a wayward soul who got swept away by the tides then?  You silly surface dwellers need to breathe you know?"

​"Yes well... I really didn't have choice in the matter as a storm literally popped out of nowhere when I was out practicing for an extreme gear race." ​Cynthia explained as she scratched the back of her head nervously.

"I have made up my mind....We have collected your sunken vessel, and will commence repairs post haste!"  Her eyes then took a more serious look.  "As for this Mephiles...Mephiles the Dark....I'm afraid we know all too well about him.  If he's loose, he'll definitely be heading for Iblis...to reunite with his other half yet again.  If that comes to be, then not even we Cha'Aquans can stay safe.  For this case, repairs will take one day...we must let you be off so you can stop this impending doom on Mobi-WAH!" Cynthia cringed as Pearl tripped up and face planted the floor again, ouch. "You are free to do as you please around Cha'Aqua...dining and housing shall be provided by the castle for the time being."​At the sound of food Cynthia's stomach let out a growl, she blushed slightly as this may have been heard by everyone in the room.

"Looks like we have a day all to ourselves.  This place has gotta have some good eats. What do you all wanna do?!" ​Cynthia didn't think twice about her answer. ​"Well if it wasn't obvious, it feels like I haven't eaten for days, so I'm going to see what they have to eat down here."

"Looks like we have a day all to ourselves.  This place has gotta have some good eats. What do you all wanna do?!" ​

​"Well if it wasn't obvious, it feels like I haven't eaten for days, so I'm going to see what they have to eat down here."

Axel stood with his arms crossed as his the yellow hedgehog and his brother made it know that they intended to stuff their faces. Shifting his gaze back to the princess, his eyes began to glow a telling blue as he observed her aura again. She was indeed another passive chaos force user. Interesting...

He allowed himself another moment to observe the princess's energy signature, before closing his eyes and moving towards Alex. "I'll join you..." He said whilst shooting the feline a subtle glance that read 'I know what you're up to'. "I'm not sure how anyone other than my brother could have an apatite after having those tubes down their throats." In truth, Axel couldn't care less if Alex stole anything, outside the fact that they could possible be in some trouble if she were to get caught...

He was much more interested in seeing if he could pick up the chaos emerald's- or even Alex's ring's scent. Even if he couldn't access them easily, it would be wise to know the location the artifacts in case their stay in the city turned into another battle. 

As he passed Chimera he addressed the robot without looking, his tone slightly less dark than usual."I assume you'll be checking on the repairs."  

Zane couldn't help but laugh at the situation, well...also laugh at the fact of the bickering and banter between Axel, Ken, and even Charyb about the dye in Ken's hair. But he had to have a snicker at the fact of Charyb being almost a celebrity down here. Still, it shouldn't have been too out of the ordinary. After all, back in the olden days...all the members of the various Freedom Fighters would probably have gotten the same treatment and reaction.

"I'm kind of a symbol around here...after all...I'm the last line of defense for this place."

"A symbol, huh? That's pretty cool." Zane nodded, chuckling slightly. "As a last line of defense, makes perfect sense on why they pretty much idolize you, seaweed bot." he said, still chuckling at the new nickname given to Charyb.

"This is the Cha'Aqua Temple...her highness awaits us."

Zane could only whistle in amazement at the temple. To be honest, this was the first temple he had ever been to physically. Sure he had seen multiple temples on the topside of Mobius in pictures and around the web, but this Northern Tundra wolf just remained in awe at the temple he saw. The structuring, the style, the artistic nature of it. Wow...this is actually pretty neat. A lot different than most stuff the old Mobians made. he thought, before making his way with the rest of the group.

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

"Turn around!"

The arctic wolf just blinked a bit at the entrance that the Princess, Pearl, came in on. But regardless, he turned when she shouted this as did the rest. Zane just waited until it was safe to turn back around, to which he saw the princess in full. And it wasn't too much to say that she was a pretty nice looking aquatic Mobian. However, the wolf stayed silent as Ken explained the entirety of the situation to the princess.

"So...an attack on the surface....by a Mephiles...This is serious...very serious....your mission is an important one indeed. I have made up my mind....We have collected your sunken vessel, and will commence repairs post haste! As for this Mephiles...Mephiles the Dark....I'm afraid we know all too well about him.  If he's loose, he'll definitely be heading for Iblis...to reunite with his other half yet again.  If that comes to be, then not even we Cha'Aquans can stay safe.  For this case, repairs will take one day...we must let you be off so you can stop this impending doom on Mobi-WAH!"

Zane couldn't help but cringe as he watched Pearl falling on her face again. But still, it was a great thing that they were going to get their vessel repaired and ready to roll again. He turned to face the others, hearing their plans. Ken and the new hedgehog chick were going to try out the delicacies this underwater world had to offer. Alex, well, she was up to her tricks again. And naturally, Axel followed her.

Heh...better him than me. Zane thought, shrugging some as he looked over at Chimera. "Looks like its me and you left, C."

"Looks like we have a day all to ourselves. This place has gotta have some good eats. What do you all wanna do?!" ​Chimera looked up to the group. He knew what he was going to do. He had to check on the Egg Carrier. He didn't eat like the others. It seemed that Ken and Cynthia would go get food, while Alex went to steal things while Axel tried to stop her. That seemed about right. Perhaps those two groups would be good for procreating with each other...

"I assume you'll be checking on the repairs." Axel commented to Chimera, his tone sounding a little different. Chimera nodded as he looked at him.

"Yes... Eggman technology is known to be... unusual," Animal powered robots was proof of that. "I'll need to go and make sure they don't mess up anything," He turned to leave when Zane grabbed his shoulder.

"Looks like its me and you left, C." Chimera looked over and nodded.

"It would seem so. I do plan on watching over the repairs. Would you like to join me? I could perhaps entertain you with stories of the heroes of old, or things that happened around Eggman's base," With that, he walked off. He needed to make sure nothing was messed up... or anything was stolen. Even 200 years into the future, Eggman's technology could be considered cutting edge, and while he didn't think the Princess or Charyb would be so foolish as to steal anything... the others like Gu'ill was a different story.

Mobian Sea: Cha'Aqu

With the team broken off into three pairs, and ready to explore their new environment, Axel turned to Ken. "Release an inhibitor you need me, Ken." He spoke to his brother before glancing between both Cynthia and the princess with a hint of suspicion in his gaze. "I'll be there in an instant..." 

As he walked towards the door behind Alex, he called over his shoulder to Zane and Chimera. "I'll be monitoring your auras as well. So simply evoking your powers is all you need to do to alert me." That was the last the crew would see of Alex and Axel for rest of the day.

IsOSufc.png

There was a thick silence that hung over the pair as the two surface dwellers walked through the streets of the underwater city. Walking at Alex's side with his arms crossed, Axel watched as pair of locals whispered between themselves as he and Alex passed; causing him to scoff in slight annoyance.

Five or so minutes into their walk, the two would arrive at what seemed to an ocean cliff at the base the castle. Glancing back and forth between each other, Alex and Axel both shrugged in mutual indifference before moving towards the cliff's ledge. 

Peering over the entire city, the pair were greeted with a beautiful view of what was quite obviously the city's main market place. Stands and carts filled with a vast assortment glimmering shells and other trinkets from the deep littered the entirety of the open plane that had been cleared in the center the main living areas, and shoppers merrily drifted about with smiles painted across their faces that were visible even from the great height of the ledge. 

Well aware that they had found Alex's ideal target, Axel sighed. "I can use me transportation technique to get down there..." He spoke whilst taking in the view of the city. Even if he weren't one to be engrossed by such a thing like Ken, the sight was rather impressive.   

"But first I need to know," This was the first time he had ever been truly alone with the thief; and with nobody like Ken or Zane to interfere, it was the perfect time get an answer to the question that had been nagging at him for quite some time. "These eyes, they can see everything..." He allowed his eyes to shine a vibrant blue as he turned to meet Alex's gaze.

"Ever since we've met I've sensed a myriad of negative intentions, avarice, and contempt. You don't want to be here, and up until our last battle I was under the impression that I'd have to destroy you at some point in the future because of the desire you hold for the emeralds..." He spoke in an even tone as he continued to peer into Alex with his glowing glare. "But during our clash with Charyb, you... you were prepared to sacrifice yourself when I was vulnerable. Why?" Axel paused for a moment before continuing.

"I don't have the capacity for trust or sentiment like my brother, so I'll ask you directly- the one thing my eyes can't see. What is that you're fighting for?"  

"It would seem so. I do plan on watching over the repairs. Would you like to join me? I could perhaps entertain you with stories of the heroes of old, or things that happened around Eggman's base."

"Heh, well its obvious that I'm joining ya, C." Zane laughed, strolling alongside Chimera, throwing his arms behind his head some. "As for the stories of old and what happened around your old base...would be very chill!" he said, nodding. "Sorta like my own personal history book!"

Honestly, Zane didn't know how much help he'd be with Chimera here. He wasn't exactly as tech savvy as a fox would be or as strong as an echidna or something along those lines. To be perfectly honest, he figured Chimera could use someone to talk to. That...and he needed someone else to talk to as well. Ever since getting wrangled into this...I pretty much know all about the others...well...partially about the others. he thought. I want to know the whole story about each one of them. If I know that...I can most likely relate to them and work with them more.

The arctic wolf exhaled slightly before turning to look at the Eggbot once more. "C. How about you start by telling me about you personally."

Alex was rather annoyed from the fact that Axel would be joining her, that just means less fun for her. Ah well, the fact still stands she wasn't lying about the part on stretching her legs out. The first few minutes were uneventful, save for a few of the aquatic mobians whispering to eachother as Alex and Axel walked along. Soon they came to a cliff that overlooked the city markets, both group members felt indifferent about the view, but the sight of all the valuable looking items in the market made Alex's eyes sparkle. "I can use me transportation technique to get down there..."

"Oh please do," Alex said with a big grin, though it seemed weird that Axel would say that, if anything he would be saying something like, "If you try to steal a single thing then your going to regret it," but he almost seemed like he couldn't give a crap whether Alex stole something or not. "But first I need to know, These eyes, they can see everything..." Alex's ears perked up at the sound of this statement. "Ever since we've met I've sensed a myriad of negative intentions, avarice, and contempt. You don't want to be here, and up until our last battle I was under the impression that I'd have to destroy you at some point in the future because of the desire you hold for the emeralds... But during our clash with Charyb, you... you were prepared to sacrifice yourself when I was vulnerable. Why?" So now he's wanting to learn more about her huh, Alex saw this coming the moment Axel said he was joining her on a walk. "I don't have the capacity for trust or sentiment like my brother, so I'll ask you directly- the one thing my eyes can't see. What is that you're fighting for?" What, was he asking for her life story or something? Sounds like it.

Alex thought it over for a second or two, if she was stuck with this group she had to get to know them and vice versa, guess this is a good time to let off some steam. "So... you really want to know why huh? Trust me, if things were different, I wouldn't have tried to help you with Charyb, but you and Ken well... it just reminded me of... me and my brother." Alex sat on the cliff side, this was going to be a long story. "Back in Metropolis, I have... had a brother, his name was Ricky. We never talked, and for a good reason. Years ago things were different, we were as close as you and Ken, but that was before... our parents... One night, a mysterious fire burned our home and..." Alex gripped her armless shoulder before speaking again, "well, to make a long story short, me and my brother were the only ones to survive. He blamed me for what happened, in fact the moment I woke up in the hospital he was gone..."

Alex took a second to let it sink in. "I had to fend for myself ever since... heh, I guess you could say me turning into a thief wasn't just to survive, but to forget the heartbreak of losing a family. Seeing Charyb there, about to pounce on you, I guess it reminded me of what I lost and well, I couldn't watch someone lose their brother like I did. And to answer your question on what it is I'm fighting for, the thought of all those people, all those families, being killed and slaughtered by Mephiles, the sight of Harvey getting brutally killed right in front me, I just can't bear the thought of it all, I can't just let more people get slaughtered by that creature, all those families, mourning their fallen..." Alex paused, signifying that she was done talking. Seconds later she looked back at Axel. "What... no laugh or chuckle? About the seemingly emotionless, greedy thief, actually having a heart?"

Axel stood in silence as he listened to Alex's story. The glow of his eyes dulling slightly upon realizing that the thief was in fact telling the truth...

After Alex expressed to him her reason for fighting, the silence that had formed between the pair when they had first left the group had resurfaced, though now it seemed to be far denser.

Alex was the one to cut through the silence this time, however. Turning from he ledge to meet Axel's gaze "What... no laugh or chuckle? About the seemingly emotionless, greedy thief, actually having a heart?"

His brow twitched slightly at this; a subtle sign that he had been caught off guard. Sighing, the white hedgehog stepped forward so that he was side by side with the feline again, before turning his head to face the horizon. "When have you ever seen or even heard of my doing such a thing?" Axel's tone had less of an edge than usual.

Staring down at the market bellow, Axel contemplated something for a brief moment before glancing back at Alex. "Very well." He said whilst placing his hand on her back. Then he pushed her; sending the feline forward off the cliff's ledge.

Watching Alex plummet to the ground bellow, Axel placed his hands in his pocket before causally stepping out after her.

The two were now locked in free fall with large gusts of wind blowing at their clothes as the side of the mountain sped past. At this moment Axel greatly resembled his brother, with the glimmer of adventure very much prominent in his eyes. If there was anything the twins did have in common, it was their taste for adrenaline...

Alex's question seemed to catch Axel off guard surprisingly, he let out a sigh before stepping forward to Alex's side. "When have you ever seen or even heard of my doing such a thing?" That was a good point, then again most would let out a bit of a giggle if they learned that a hardened thief was actually a big softy underneath. A moment passed before Axel turned back to face her. "Very well." Alex raised an eyebrow, what was he planning? But before she could think about it, Axel had already pushed her off the cliff. "Whoa, what the hell are you do- AHHH!"

Alex was in a free fall now as she saw the ground getting closer and closer, a second later she looked over to see Axel falling with her, he had a excited look in his eyes that Alex never saw before, except in Ken. "I hope you had a plan after pushing me off! Cats may be known to land on their feet during a fall, but I don't think landing on my feet after falling off a cliff is going to help!" Alex closed her eyes as the ground seemed so close that she could hit it and splatter at anytime.

Mobian Sea: Cha'Aqua Temple

Upon recognizing that Chimera and Zane were wishing to go to where the repairs were taking place, Charyb walked up to the two and bowed.  

"Let me escort you to the hangar.  Wouldn't want our guests to get lost now would we!"  Charyb motioned for the two to follow, and they headed for the right side of the temple room.  A jelly door that became an elevator awaited them.

"Well if it wasn't obvious, it feels like I haven't eaten for days, so I'm going to see what they have to eat down here."

Ken flashed a thumbs up.  The two would be off to eat.  The others went their separate ways, each heading off to view a part of Cha'Aqua before the day was done.  But now, Ken was all alone with the new recruit.  Not too long after the others left, Pearl walked up to the pair.  

"There is a dining hall in the temple, but there are plenty of vendors in the streets if you would like a taste of everyday Cha'Aquan life."  

"That doesn't sound like half a bad idea your highness."  Ken turned towards Cynthia and flashed a smile.  "I'm in if you are!"  Before he could dash off, Pearl placed a hand on Ken's shoulder.  Ken froze in his tracks, as her soft hand landed.  As Ken turned around, he noticed Pearl had a strange shell in her hand.  

"Please take this with you!  It's a symbol of royalty and it will get you whatever your heart desires!"  Ken nodded as he took the small shell and tucked it into his hand.  "D-don't lose it!  Or I'll have you arrested!"  Ken almost jumped out of his shoes.  

"I wouldn't do such a thing princess!"  Ken turned to the door they had entered the large palace in the first place.  "Come on....uh....hm....I don't think you've even told us your name yet..."  Ken's stomach growling interrupted him.  "Tell me on the way!  I'm so hungry I could eat a whale!"  Gu'ill and Pearl both jumped and gasped.  Ken was already out the door at top speeds, zipping straight out of the temple and into the streets.

"W-w-who would do such a thing..."  She said shakily.  

"Savages..." Gu'ill cringed.

IsOSufc.png

Mobian Sea: Cha'Aqua City

As soon as Cynthia had regrouped with Ken on the outside Street, they would see many signs and buildings with lettering they wouldn't be able to understand.  Ken frazzled his hair in a fit of impatience.

"Raaaaaaaaah!  How are we gonna find a place to eat!  I haven't taken one Atlantean class!  I knew I should've studied more..." Ken murmured.  After taking another once over, their were many street stands were close by on the streets.  It looked like a market district was right outside the temple.  Ken rushed over to the stands where it looked like they had edible things.  One stand was selling deep fried kelp strands, that wrapped around a soft candy sponge, while others sold various sushi's and calamari.  

"Decisions decisions..." Ken said stroking his chin.  He went up to a stand with crab parts protruding outwards.  The meat inside looked tantalizing and soft.  Ken flashed the shell he was given by Pearl, and the stand operator's eyes almost dropped out of their sockets.  Without hesitation, he was handed a giant crustacean arm.  Ken's mouth started to drool as he looked on the white meat on the inside.  He walked back to his yellow compatriot and handed her the shell.

"Your turn!"  

IsOSufc.png

Mobian Sea: Repair Hangar

The elevator took all three of them many floors below the actual temple.  As they descended, underwater volcanic shoots could be seen close outside the elevator tube.  

"Our Civilization prides itself off of it's manufacturing capabilities.  These volcanic shoots are very helpful when it comes to obtaining precious metals."  Charyb looked to one of the shoots almost longingly.  "This is where I was born."

The elevator stopped.  Stepping out, they would be met with a bombardment of lights and flashing sparks.  When there eyes had gotten used to all the new commotion, they would notice it.  The Egg Carrier in all of it's glory.  Multiple workers could be seen hanging from supports to try and fix every nook and cranny.  Charyb placed his hands on his hips.  

"Well now, repairs seem to be coming in rather well."  Charyb motioned for one of the engineering crew members to come forward.  An aquatic Mobian wearing a mask came up to them, after flipping the mask up, it was revealed that he was a Mobian much like that of Gu'ill, except he was quite smaller.  "This here is He'phes, our top Cha'Aqua engineer."

"D-don't flatter me Charyb!  You're just as good!"  He'phes turned to Chimera and Zane.  "We've been expecting you!  Our princess told us how a Eggman vessel was sunk by the one and only Charyb.  We were given new orders to repair it instead of scrapping it!"  He looked to the Egg Carrier and pondered.  "But this thing is seriously old...I've heard tales of the Eggman being a genius, but this tech is way outdated."  He'phes turned back to the two.  "Any idea of how you want this thing to possibly be upgraded?"

It seemed like everyone went off to do their own thing, leaving Cynthia and Ken to go fill their stomachs. Pearl walked up to the pair and handed Ken a rather curious shell. "Please take this with you!  It's a symbol of royalty and it will get you whatever your heart desires! D-don't lose it!  Or I'll have you arrested!" ​The thought of getting arrested didn't sit well with Cynthia or for Ken. "I wouldn't do such a thing princess! Come on....uh....hm....I don't think you've even told us your name yet..." ​Cynthia had nearly forgotten that she hadn't even told everyone her name, but before she could Ken's stomach growled loudly. "Tell me on the way!  I'm so hungry I could eat a whale!" ​As Ken rushed outside Cynthia could a gasp come from both Pearl and Gu'ill. ​"Don't worry, its just a figure of speech, we wouldn't think about eating a whale"

​Cynthia had managed to catch up with Ken outside, the buildings had lettering on them that Cynthia had never seen before, Ken was obviously getting ticked about it. "Raaaaaaaaah!  How are we gonna find a place to eat!  I haven't taken one Atlantean class!  I knew I should've studied more..." ​Cynthia put her hands to her hips in confusion, but she approached the language situation a bit more calmly. ​"Calm down red streaks, the signs may not look English, but that doesn't mean these people don't speak it, I mean look at Pearl and Gu'ill, they speak English."

Ken took a look at what he was going to eat, when he had picked something he showed the stand owner the shell and without any hesitation he got a large crustacean arm, it looked like he was about to drool a river. "Your turn!" ​Ken handed Cynthia the shell and she went over to the stand. She wasn't really a fan of sushi, and the sponge wrapped in seaweed looked good but Cynthia wanted something filling. Cynthia showed the shell to the stand owner and got a crustacean arm like Ken. ​"I guess great minds think alike huh? By the way, before there are anymore interruptions, the name's Cynthia and I'm an expert Extreme Gear rider, well that is before that storm made me lose my gear."

Archived