Fruitopia Archetype (10/10)

Atypical-Abbie

Fruitopia is an Archetype of Plant-Type/LIGHT Level 3 to 5 Pendulum Monsters as well as a boss Effect Monster. They focus on placing their monsters in the Spell & Trap Zone as Continuous Spell Cards, where they gain other effects and can be supported in various other ways. All their Pendulum Effects are the same, where they can place Fruitopia monsters from the Extra Deck as Continuous Spell Cards. Their name comes from Fruit and Utopia, and they are based on various fruits, with a focus on tropical fruits.

Monsters:

Fruitopia Banana
Plant-Type/LIGHT/Pendulum
Level 3
Scale 2
Pendulum Effect:
During your Main Phase: You can place 1 face-up "Fruitopia" Pendulum Monster in your Extra Deck in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. You can only use this effect once while this card is face-up on your field.

Monster Effect:
All "Fruitopia" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF for each "Fruitopia" monster in your Spell & Trap Zone that is treated as a Continuous Spell Card. While this card is in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, "Fruitopia" cards in your Field and Pendulum Zones are unaffected by your opponent's card effects.
1200/1500

Fruitopia Lemon
Level 3
Scale 6
Pendulum Effect:
During your Main Phase: You can place 1 face-up "Fruitopia" Pendulum Monster in your Extra Deck in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. You can only use this effect once while this card is face-up on your field.

Monster Effect:
Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Fruitopia" card; place 1 "Fruitopia" monster from your hand or Deck in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. While this card is in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, "Fruitopia" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.
1400/1000

Fruitopia Orange

Level 4
Scale 2
Pendulum Effect:

Monster Effect:

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Fruitopia" card in your Pendulum Zone; place it in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. While this card is in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, if a Plant-Type monster you control battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

1600/1600

Fruitopia Papaya

Level 4
Scale 6
Pendulum Effect:

Monster Effect:

Once per turn: You can place 1 Fruitopia Counter on "Fruitopian Island" for each "Fruitopia" monster that is treated as a Continuous Spell Card you control with a different name. While this card is in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, your opponent can only Special Summon equal to the number of "Fruitopia" monsters you control.

1800/1300

Fruitopia Pineapple
Level 5
Scale 2
Pendulum Effect:

Monster Effect:
When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Fruitopia" monster from your Spell & Trap Zone that is treated as a Continuous Spell Card. Once per turn, if this card is in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy it.
2200/1500

Fruitopia Coconut
Level 5
Scale 6
Pendulum Effect:

Monster Effect:
Once per turn: You can target 1 "Fruitopia" Pendulum Monster in your Spell & Trap Zone that is treated as a Continuous Spell Card; add it face-up in your Extra Deck, then draw 1 card. While this card is in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, you can Normal Summon 1 Plant-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set (you can only gain this effect once per turn).
1800/2400

Fruitopia Avocado

Plant-Type/LIGHT
Level 7

You can target 2 or more "Fruitopia" Spell Cards you control; return them to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand. This card can make an additional attack on monsters your opponent control for each Fruitopia Counter on the field. Once per turn, if this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

2500/2000

Spell/Trap Cards:

Fruitopian Salad
Normal Spell Card
Activate 1 of these effects.
* Place up to 2 "Fruitopia" Pendulum Monsters from your Extra Deck in your Pendulum Zones.
* Place up to 2 "Fruitopia" Pendulum Monsters that are treated as Continuous Spell Cards in your Spell & Trap Zone in your Pendulum Zones.

Fruitopian Island
Field Spell Card
When you Pendulum Summon a "Fruitopia" Pendulum Monster(s): You can place any number of those monsters in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, then place 1 Fruitopia Counter on this card for each of those cards. You can remove 3 Fruitopia Counters from this card, then target up to 2 monsters your opponent control; destroy them, and if you do, you can place them in your opponent's Spell & Trap Zone as Continuous Spell Cards. If a "Fruitopia" monster(s) that is treated as Continuous Spell Card in your Spell & Trap Zone would be destroyed by your opponent's card effect, you can remove 1 Fruitopia Counter from this card instead for each of those cards.

Fruitopian Seeds
Normal Trap Card
Add 1 "Fruitopia" Pendulum Monster from your hand or side of the field to your Extra Deck face-up, then add 1 "Fruitopia" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Fruitopian Seeds". During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to your Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Fruitopia" card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

the only issue i have its the how the Banana can solidify your play so easy...i know that in competitive side there numerous number of card that can break Fruitopia  strategy with quite ease. but making all of the field presence to be unaffected by card effect its a bit to much...

i see that the island offer another gimmick the Fruitopia Counter, maybe you can limit Banana effect using that? or just change it to another kind of immunity...like cannot be returned/shuffled to your deck

I'm sorta confused on how you win with this deck. I'd say it could be used as an engine in other decks, but its so archetype-focused that that isn't viable.

I also agree with Re-Creator, Seeds is basically fruitopian card trader, which searches a banana and if coconut is in the S/T, that's like multiple banana's and then its so much field advantage. Maybe make it so that Banana can only be summoned once per turn as a name effect.

All in all, I'd like to see a boss monster(s) but it is good so far. Also, I see Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder being splashed into this deck. A lot.

I'm sorta confused on how you win with this deck. I'd say it could be used as an engine in other decks, but its so archetype-focused that that isn't viable.

I also agree with Re-Creator, Seeds is basically fruitopian card trader, which searches a banana and if coconut is in the S/T, that's like multiple banana's and then its so much field advantage. Maybe make it so that Banana can only be summoned once per turn as a name effect.

All in all, I'd like to see a boss monster(s) but it is good so far. Also, I see Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder being splashed into this deck. A lot.

in scenario that you would play this deck as pure, i can see it as Semi-Beatdown deck with element of Control ranging from Disruption to Lock Down . although to be fair the only attacker of the archetype would be Pineapple and Coconut. Mage Power its a must in this deck just like Crystal Beast

Coconut inviting Gigavise/equip happy build. and unless i'm wrong, if a Fruitopia as an Continuous Spell is destroyed its sent graveyard...opening Grave-happy Plant support we already have

in scenario that you would play this deck as pure, i can see it as Semi-Beatdown deck with element of Control ranging from Disruption to Lock Down . although to be fair the only attacker of the archetype would be Pineapple and Coconut. Mage Power its a must in this deck just like Crystal Beast

Coconut inviting Gigavise/equip happy build. and unless i'm wrong, if a Fruitopia as an Continuous Spell is destroyed its sent graveyard...opening Grave-happy Plant support we already have

Pendulums on the field that are destroyed go to the ED no matter where they are.

As for a boss, don't worry, I rarely make the boss on the first release, there will be something in here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived