Quantum's Fragment [OOC/Started/Not Accepting/Co-Hosted by Kazo & JustYui]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention once more!

As you all are aware, we only needed three more applicants for Quantum's Fragment. And, after long debates and discussions with my and my co-hosts, we have our final three applicants for our 10 applicants:

Once again, I am glad to say welcome to the RP. With that, applicants and applications won't be accepted. I will be working on an opening post and collabing with my co-hosts with it. Once it is finished and ready, the IC shall be underway!

Why would the hero name be mockingjay, when mockingjays are a fictional animal from a completely unrelated work?

Mockingbird is too Toto from DW.

I could change it to Mockingbird, if you really don't like it. >.>

Mockingjay just sounds a lot cooler, and it's a tribute to his dead sister, Kotori. Again, Mockingbird might've fit better, but it gives off the feeling of DW too much.

I mean, it would just make sense to have it be an actual bird, wouldn't it? Cardinal, Blue Jay, etc etc etc.

Or, since this isn't deadpan wonderland, you could choose a name that fits the super hero genre. Perhaps something related more closely to the power?

Off the top of my head, Hematocrite is goofily layered in its meanings, as hematocrit is a word referencing blood density, while the play on hypocrite references his double nature and future villainous/anti-hero traits.

[spoiler=don't look here this is a secret]

ha made you look. sucker.

I mean, it would just make sense to have it be an actual bird, wouldn't it? Cardinal, Blue Jay, etc etc etc.

Or, since this isn't deadpan wonderland, you could choose a name that fits the super hero genre. Perhaps something related more closely to the power?

Off the top of my head, Hematocrite is goofily layered in its meanings, as hematocrit is a word referencing blood density, while the play on hypocrite references his double nature and future villainous/anti-hero traits.

So basically, Mockingbird. Considering that they actually exist, even if DW did already use it for Toto.

Also, I mean, if you can manipulate blood to shape anything, than wings wouldn't be out of the question.

As for Hematocrite, the edited Kira wouldn't be villainous, but the antihero aspect is still there. 

After some work on it, I've laid out some official dorm assignments for y'all. Do note that I included Isabelle in here simply because she's a WIP that (supposedly) will get finished at some point.

[spoiler=Dorms]cw0xBZB.png

Well, your escape path would probably be the window. Now would be a good time to awaken those wind powers xD but fortunately it's only the second floor.

Welp, it would appear this universe's Hibari graduated two years ago to become the strongest hero's sidekick, and he lended Victoria the bird. Maybe that's what happened, anyway.

[spoiler=RP sins]

Victoria's eyes were only half open when she reflexively unleashed her Vessel and embedded the giant battleaxe into the offending article above her bed. I imagine reflexes like those must be hell on renter's insurance. She got up and changed out of her nightgown into her former school uniform, the signature of the high class Primrose Girls' Academy. Mar-Vell did not require a uniform, but Victoria felt it only proper to attend school with one. Isn't this a combat school? I imagine this could cause some issues. Then, she draped a black blazer over her shoulders which had a red armband pinned on it with the words "Mar-Vell Student Disciplinary Committee". Below those words was "Head", denoting the new position she got seconds after she entered the academy's administration. Easily the most disappointing definition of "head". The last Head had graduated a while ago, leaving the spot open for an entire year. How would this work? I can't imagine a defunct and relatively nonexistent group would be able to be a thing for a year with no leader. Also, an additional 5 sins for a modern american school having a student disciplinary committee. Given the lack of better candidates, Victoria's own leadership background, Because gang leadership definitely counts for this and a recommendation letter from the top superheroes, the teachers of Mar-Vell left the running of the committee to her. Only after she checked herself in the mirror to make sure she was proper did she return her Vessel to its dormant bracelet form and pull the two halves of the poster from the ceiling. They pieced together as if never split at all.

It was a challenge. An astonishingly tasteless one. That's racist.

Was there already someone who challenged her authority? The authority everyone would already be aware of, clearly. She glanced over to the other bed which had an identical poster hanging over it. It was a reasonable assumption that the challenge had been given out en masse. She considered going to the office and scanning through the student records, but there was a much more efficient method. Before leaving, she walked over to the sleeping pink-haired girl and tore the poster above her off. She did not approve of girls who dyed their hair ridiculous colors, not to mention their damned rock and roll! Also, I feel like I need to point out that the shade of red she has is equally fake as sheet. but no girl should wake up to such obscenity. With a last glance around her domicile for potential clues, she left the room and headed for the cafeteria for breakfast.

iU8EggM.png

"Your attention please!" Victoria stood on a cafeteria table as she addressed the masses. Most students who cared at all to have a proper breakfast before their energy-intensive morning classes were here. Most? Is there a smaller, auxiliary cafeteria where the rest go?

There was a flurry of murmurs among the students at the arrival of this bold newcomer. "Who is she?" "No clue." "Hey, look at her armband!" "The new Student Disciplinary Head? But, I've never even seen her." Further reinforcing that there was no way the person breaking into her room had any idea of her "authority" "What is she doing?" This bystander would be good at RP sins

One ignorant student, a Senior, walked right up to her. "Oi little missy, I don't know who you are, but get off my table." Didn't they just sort out who she was? Also, bigshot using derogatory nicknames cliche. Also, if she is hall monitor, why would she think it is okay for her to stand on the table?

Victoria tilted her head as she looked down at him. "My, my, someone hasn't had their morning coffee yet. Run along now, there are plenty of other places to sit." Sitting at a table seems far more reasonable (and rule-abiding) than standing on one, so I can't really tell what her grounds are here.

The student creased his eyebrows. The last head of the Disciplinary Committee two years ago commanded the absolute fear and respect of the student body with his fierce glare and tonfa Vessel, this guy would have made a far better protagonist but this head was a newcomer, a complete nobody here to fill the boots of a giant. The senior glanced around the room, but everyone was unsure of how to react. He smirked and set down his tray.

"Look, missy, I guess you're new around here, so you don't know how things work, you don't know who I am, and you don't know how much I hate having my morning disrupted. I mean, I can't imagine very many people would be please with having someone stand on the table they plan to eat at, shouting nonsense to the room. I, the prodigy superhero "Blazing Jack", headstrong character named "Jack" cliche will forgive you this once if you back off now," said the senior. He raised a hand and it burst into flames.

"My, my, how scary. Prodigy superhero, huh? At this point, aren't you more like a supervillain?" Not really, that would be you, considering you are standing on a table trying to subjugate strangers Victoria raised an eyebrow.

Blazing Jack thought it was time to scare this little girl a bit and show her who the bigshot around here was. He had a much desired Fragment, the power of fire, which naturally placed him at the top of the pecking order. Isn't just fire a tad bit plain? In grand scheme of things, there are powers far more impressive than fire, unless this school is just full of people who stick spoons to their skin. He roared as his whole body burst into flames.

All of a sudden, the world seemed to spin from his perspective. There were screams from the crowd. The most logical conclusion to draw here is that he instantly succumbed to heatstroke, and collapsed on the spot.

Victoria smiled as she wielded her huge battleaxe easily with one hand as if it weighed nothing. (Well, after all, it did weigh nothing at all in the hands of its owner.) In the sequel, there will be a scene where the entire cast tries to lift it during a party, only for a new character introduced in the third act to do so effortlessly. In one swift slash, she sent the burning head of "Blazing Jack" flying from his body. The body lost its sense of balance and stumbled before toppling over. Why again was this psycho given any semblance of authority?

"My, my, it was nothing to lose your head over," BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO said Victoria, stepping down from the table. The flames extinguished with the nausea the senior experienced from the decapitation. To everyone's spectacle, Victoria picked up the severed head and addressed it. "'Blazing Jack', huh? I'm afraid you're a bit lower on the hierarchy; they call me the 'Red Queen'." Sassy teenager somehow manages to make an even worse pun than her previous one. Also, I find it much more likely people call her "that jabroni in third period".

An invisible force dragged the body up to meet the head and the two halves violently snapped together, pushing the now restored Blazing Jack two steps back. Is this going to be properly explained? I doubt it.

"I must apologize. You must have had a bad morning," Well no sheet, you just cut off his damn head said Victoria. She pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket and held it out for everyone to see. "Did you happen to wake up with a poster like this?"

"T-That poster! You got one, too?" cried Blazing Jack. "Which bastard dares...?!"

"I know who he is!" someone in the crowd shouted out. "That's Cole Stetson in room 269! He gets involved in all sorts of awful pranks. There was that one time... even in the girls' changeroom..." This changeroom mishap would have made a much better RP post

"I'm going to kill that impudent little sheet!" roared Blazing Jack. Yeah, who cares if this jabroni cut my head off not 45 seconds ago, I saw this guy's dick so he is public enemy number 1.

"My, my, a problem child?" said Victoria. She jumped back to sit down on the table behind her and crossed her legs. Sitting higher up than others, this was her natural position. "Too cool to use furniture properly" cliche "The Student Disciplinary Committee will mete out due punishment!" 

Suddenly, a melodious chirping filled the air. This is the sound of crickets unsure of how to react to the obvious sociopath sitting on the table. Either that or me tallying the sins.

"I-It's the Hibird!" someone cried. "T-The legendary Hibird..." "Legendary creature that will never be explained" cliche

Sure enough, there was a cute yellow bird fluttering through the air. It flew around until it finished its song and landed on Victoria's shoulder.

"Hello, little one," said Victoria, stroking the Hibird's feathers.

"T-The Hibird has recognized her...!" muttered Blazing Jack. "I-It's like the Boss has returned..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry, what? I think this deserves a solid 20.

"I don't know how things worked with the last Disciplinary Committee Head, but anyone is free to join me for some early morning exercise and vent some anger." That's what she said

iU8EggM.png

Victoria was striding down the hall with a large mob behind her and the Hibird leading the way. Wait, the bird knows where they are going? She was taking clean bites out of a bagel in one hand, but that didn't trivialize the scene as she held her huge battleaxe over her shoulder with the other hand.

As they reached room 269, the announcement sounded.

"EXCELSIOR MY STUDENTS!! An announcement for the Sophomores and Juniors of Mar-Vell! The Sophomores will be partaking in the Battle Trial training. While the Juniors will head over to the USJ for their training. Don't be late and excel in your studies! EXCELSIOR!!"

"Well, boys, let's wrap this up quickly, shall we? We should still make it in time for class," said Victoria. With a vertical swing of her battleaxe, she cleaved the door in two. Then, she kicked it open and burst in. Why again was this maniac put in a position of authority?

[spoiler=RP sins]

Victoria's eyes were only half open when she reflexively unleashed her Vessel and embedded the giant battleaxe into the offending article above her bed. I imagine reflexes like those must be hell on renter's insurance. trope of exaggerated reflexes in certain momentsShe got up and changed out of her nightgown into her former school uniform, the signature of the high class Primrose Girls' Academy. Mar-Vell did not require a uniform, but Victoria felt it only proper to attend school with one. Isn't this a combat school? I imagine this could cause some issues. Then, she draped a black blazer over her shoulders which had a red armband pinned on it with the words "Mar-Vell Student Disciplinary Committee". Below those words was "Head", denoting the new position she got seconds after she entered the academy's administration. Easily the most disappointing definition of "head". The last Head had graduated a while ago, leaving the spot open for an entire year. How would this work? I can't imagine a defunct and relatively nonexistent group would be able to be a thing for a year with no leader. Also, an additional 5 sins for a modern american school having a student disciplinary committee. Chaos Sonic approved of the whole thing that I'd explain why she had gotten in that way rather than devote time to making her get in Given the lack of better candidates, Victoria's own leadership background, Because gang leadership definitely counts for this and a recommendation letter from the top superheroes, the teachers of Mar-Vell left the running of the committee to her. Only after she checked herself in the mirror to make sure she was proper did she return her Vessel to its dormant bracelet form and pull the two halves of the poster from the ceiling. They pieced together as if never split at all.

It was a challenge. An astonishingly tasteless one. That's racist.

Was there already someone who challenged her authority? The authority everyone would already be aware of, clearly. Which is why it was dubious, but one's first reaction would be a challenge to authority She glanced over to the other bed which had an identical poster hanging over it. It was a reasonable assumption that the challenge had been given out en masse. She considered going to the office and scanning through the student records, but there was a much more efficient method. Before leaving, she walked over to the sleeping pink-haired girl and tore the poster above her off. She did not approve of girls who dyed their hair ridiculous colors, not to mention their damned rock and roll! Also, I feel like I need to point out that the shade of red she has is equally fake as sheet. but no girl should wake up to such obscenity. With a last glance around her domicile for potential clues, she left the room and headed for the cafeteria for breakfast.

iU8EggM.png

"Your attention please!" Victoria stood on a cafeteria table as she addressed the masses. Most students who cared at all to have a proper breakfast before their energy-intensive morning classes were here. Most? Is there a smaller, auxiliary cafeteria where the rest go? Most of you never come to the cafeteria soooooo

There was a flurry of murmurs among the students at the arrival of this bold newcomer. "Who is she?" "No clue." "Hey, look at her armband!" "The new Student Disciplinary Head? But, I've never even seen her." Further reinforcing that there was no way the person breaking into her room had any idea of her "authority" "What is she doing?" This bystander would be good at RP sins

One ignorant student, a Senior, walked right up to her. "Oi little missy, I don't know who you are, but get off my table." Didn't they just sort out who she was? Also, bigshot using derogatory nicknames cliche. Also, if she is hall monitor, why would she think it is okay for her to stand on the table?

Victoria tilted her head as she looked down at him. "My, my, someone hasn't had their morning coffee yet. Run along now, there are plenty of other places to sit." Sitting at a table seems far more reasonable (and rule-abiding) than standing on one, so I can't really tell what her grounds are here.

The fact that there's no reason to kick her off if there are 184792 other open tables?

The student creased his eyebrows. The last head of the Disciplinary Committee two years ago commanded the absolute fear and respect of the student body with his fierce glare and tonfa Vessel, this guy would have made a far better protagonist but this head was a newcomer, a complete nobody here to fill the boots of a giant. The senior glanced around the room, but everyone was unsure of how to react. He smirked and set down his tray.

"Look, missy, I guess you're new around here, so you don't know how things work, you don't know who I am, and you don't know how much I hate having my morning disrupted. I mean, I can't imagine very many people would be please with having someone stand on the table they plan to eat at, shouting nonsense to the room. I, the prodigy superhero "Blazing Jack", headstrong character named "Jack" cliche will forgive you this once if you back off now," said the senior. He raised a hand and it burst into flames.

"My, my, how scary. Prodigy superhero, huh? At this point, aren't you more like a supervillain?" Not really, that would be you, considering you are standing on a table trying to subjugate strangers Except she has done nothing yet? And she's not HeroVictoria raised an eyebrow.

Blazing Jack thought it was time to scare this little girl a bit and show her who the bigshot around here was. He had a much desired Fragment, the power of fire, which naturally placed him at the top of the pecking order. Isn't just fire a tad bit plain? In grand scheme of things, there are powers far more impressive than fire, unless this school is just full of people who stick spoons to their skin. In terms of combat power, fire is quite powerful. See: Avatar, Roy MustangHe roared as his whole body burst into flames.

All of a sudden, the world seemed to spin from his perspective. There were screams from the crowd. The most logical conclusion to draw here is that he instantly succumbed to heatstroke, and collapsed on the spot.

Victoria smiled as she wielded her huge battleaxe easily with one hand as if it weighed nothing. (Well, after all, it did weigh nothing at all in the hands of its owner.) In the sequel, there will be a scene where the entire cast tries to lift it during a party, only for a new character introduced in the third act to do so effortlessly. It's 30kg yo, anyone canIn one swift slash, she sent the burning head of "Blazing Jack" flying from his body. The body lost its sense of balance and stumbled before toppling over. Why again was this psycho given any semblance of authority?

"My, my, it was nothing to lose your head over," BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO said Victoria, stepping down from the table. The flames extinguished with the nausea the senior experienced from the decapitation. To everyone's spectacle, Victoria picked up the severed head and addressed it. "'Blazing Jack', huh? I'm afraid you're a bit lower on the hierarchy; they call me the 'Red Queen'." Sassy teenager somehow manages to make an even worse pun than her previous one. Also, I find it much more likely people call her "that jabroni in third period".

An invisible force dragged the body up to meet the head and the two halves violently snapped together, pushing the now restored Blazing Jack two steps back. Is this going to be properly explained? I doubt it.That's part of her power???

"I must apologize. You must have had a bad morning," Well no sheet, you just cut off his damn head said Victoria. She pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket and held it out for everyone to see. "Did you happen to wake up with a poster like this?"

"T-That poster! You got one, too?" cried Blazing Jack. "Which bastard dares...?!"

"I know who he is!" someone in the crowd shouted out. "That's Cole Stetson in room 269! He gets involved in all sorts of awful pranks. There was that one time... even in the girls' changeroom..." This changeroom mishap would have made a much better RP post

"I'm going to kill that impudent little sheet!" roared Blazing Jack. Yeah, who cares if this jabroni cut my head off not 45 seconds ago, I saw this guy's dick so he is public enemy number 1.

"My, my, a problem child?" said Victoria. She jumped back to sit down on the table behind her and crossed her legs. Sitting higher up than others, this was her natural position. "Too cool to use furniture properly" cliche "The Student Disciplinary Committee will mete out due punishment!"

Suddenly, a melodious chirping filled the air. This is the sound of crickets unsure of how to react to the obvious sociopath sitting on the table. Either that or me tallying the sins.

"I-It's the Hibird!" someone cried. "T-The legendary Hibird..." "Legendary creature that will never be explained" cliche

Sure enough, there was a cute yellow bird fluttering through the air. It flew around until it finished its song and landed on Victoria's shoulder.

"Hello, little one," said Victoria, stroking the Hibird's feathers.

"T-The Hibird has recognized her...!" muttered Blazing Jack. "I-It's like the Boss has returned..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry, what? I think this deserves a solid 20.

"I don't know how things worked with the last Disciplinary Committee Head, but anyone is free to join me for some early morning exercise and vent some anger." That's what she said

iU8EggM.png

Victoria was striding down the hall with a large mob behind her and the Hibird leading the way. Wait, the bird knows where they are going? She was taking clean bites out of a bagel in one hand, but that didn't trivialize the scene as she held her huge battleaxe over her shoulder with the other hand.

As they reached room 269, the announcement sounded.

"EXCELSIOR MY STUDENTS!! An announcement for the Sophomores and Juniors of Mar-Vell! The Sophomores will be partaking in the Battle Trial training. While the Juniors will head over to the USJ for their training. Don't be late and excel in your studies! EXCELSIOR!!"

"Well, boys, let's wrap this up quickly, shall we? We should still make it in time for class," said Victoria. With a vertical swing of her battleaxe, she cleaved the door in two. Then, she kicked it open and burst in. Why again was this maniac put in a position of authority?

Because this is shonen chock full of shonen tropes. http://reborn.wikia.com/wiki/Kyoya_Hibari

Basis on "whatever works" authority and let the students sort it out themselves philosophy.

I had already made sure with Chaos to get in with Hibari Kyoya as a basis.

[spoiler=Ryder Greene & Goliath]

Ryder_Mugshot.png

Speak softly and ride a big stone golem.”

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information

x393wz.jpg

Name: Ryder Greene

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Appearance] 

Ryder_Greene.png

Towering for a young girl, Ryder stands at 5'7 (175 cm) and weights 160 pounds (72 kg), a big portion of that weight coming from her chest.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Personality] A friendly yet polite young woman, Ryder Greene treats everybody with a level of respect one would expect of royalty. This doesn't mean she thinks lowly of herself, but when you are born the daughter of a mob boss, you're taught (sometimes by force) how to behave properly at any given moment.

One'd think this'd make her not lose her cool in stressful situations, but it's actually the opposite. Ryder gets flustered and nervous very easily, which is known to cause her to say the first thing that comes to her head, no matter how bold or weird it might be. If she witnesses an injustice or something that's just not right, however, she won't doubt to step in and impart judgement on the wrongdoers with nerves of steel.

At the end of the day, like your average sixteen year old girl, Ryder loves taking her shoes off and laying in bed with her favourite snack or a pint of ice cream. In these moments when she's got her guard down, or when around good friends, she can be a fun and quirky person, which contrasts highly with her regular persona.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Biography] Around 70 years ago, in the metropolitan area of Italy, a young woman inherited a gorgeous emerald-incrusted pendant from her late mother. She cherished it wholeheartedly and always wore it, despite her husband's warnings. These concerns wound up being sadly accurate, as the woman was murdered in a robbery attempt gone wrong. The thugs turned out to be members of a notorious mafia gang.

Somewhere in the process of selling the pendant the Quantum appeared, blessing it as one of its Vessels. The leader of the gang, Franco Dundee, decided to keep it in the family as protection. And protect it did, as Goliath, guardian of the Vessel, became the best bouncer/tax-collector/hitman the gang had ever seen. Thomas gave the pendant to his son after a few years and he in turn gave it to his daughter, at the young age of fourteen. This young woman, Angela Dundee, was expected to become the next great leader in the gang. However, she had other plans. Having spent her childhood witnessing the horrible things the gang members did, she developed a strong sense of justice which drove her to escape her home and rat the gang out to the police.

With nowhere to go, the young woman was placed in a Witness Protection Program, given the name Ryder Greene, and transfered to a family in New York, where she spent her days in peace. One particular winter night, Ryder's house was broken into by burglars. Summoning Goliath without thinking about it, and scaring the perpetrators away without them being able to steal a single dime, made Ryder realize that their powers could be used for good. The very next morning the now sixteen-year-old Ryder applied for the local, yet renowned hero school: Mar-Vell.

x393wz.jpg

Combat Information

x393wz.jpg

Alias: Corner

Vessel: Pocket Sanctuary/Goliath

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Appearance] Ryder's suit has a certain high-class feel. It consists of a white fur scarf over a black low-cut shirt. On the lower half Ryder sports a black feather skirt (with leggings underneath, for her purity's sake) and elegant, yet comfortable sandals.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Abilities] Ryder's Vessel takes the form of a golden pendant, which she hangs from her neck with a chain, with an emerald embedded in the middle of it. It actually contains a pocket dimension inside it: a small but beautiful forest clearing with a waterfall running through it and patches of colorful flowers all around. Ryder can open a one-way portal to the dimension by focusing her thoughts on the pendant, summoning its guardian: the Goliath.

Goliath is an 9 feet tall golem made completely out of stone, with two sparkling aquamarines for eyes. He is a servant to the owner of the Vessel, answering to her every command. This doesn't mean he doesn't think, as he is known to stand in the way of danger even if not told to.

Goliath doesn't necessarily need to exit the portal completely when it is created, as he can just throw a punch or a kick out. Coupling this with the ability to close and open portals in quick succession, something Ryder hasn't mastered yet, Goliath can release a barrage of deadly hits without putting himself in danger.

If gravelly (heh) injured Goliath must rest inside the Pocket Sanctuary for a couple of minutes up to an hour, depending on the level of damage.

x393wz.jpg

Other Information

x393wz.jpg

Ryder's hero name, Corner, comes from boxing cornermen, who assist boxers during a match.

She has a serious sweet tooth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after giving a very generous deadline to Giga, filling him in on it on Skype, and actually giving him several extensions from the original which was like a week and a half ago or something (because I kept forgetting to tell him the deadlines, admittedly, but I got the final one which was today), we the hosting team have agreed that Giga will not be given a second app, and we'll be working out some alternative option for Cole's partner in the wildfire zone. Additionally, we're implementing a deadline wherein he must post by the end of next Sunday. Failure to meet this deadline will result in Giga's removal from this RP.

If you were playing Pokemon GO while I was sticking my neck out for you I swear to god I will join the red team just to spite you.

That is all.

[spoiler=The Hypemongering Healer]

UBqNKwv.jpg
"Guess who's here! Try to keep the pants on, boys and girls."

Personal Information

Name: Tanner O'Neal

[spoiler=Appearance]zeb2Jke.jpg
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 119 lbs

Tanner has short, messy brown hair, and matching eyes. These features frame an altogether unremarkable face; Tanner's appearance is one that people could easily forget about. Her frame is thin and wiry, but has clear muscle tone about it. Perhaps Tanner's most notable feature is her bust. Or rather, the complete lack of it; if her skin were tougher, her chest could probably be used as a cutting board. Tanner's fashion usually consists of tracksuits, and she prefers orange-scented hygiene products.

[spoiler=Personality]
If there's one thing Tanner isn't, it's humble. She seems to live and die for the sake of hyping herself up and winning the cheers of a roaring crowd. She will eagerly and passionately talk up every aspect of her being whenever she spots the chance, and treats herself like a celebrity of some sort, asking if her "fans" want an autograph, dashing for the spotlight, and just getting people as hyped for her existence as possible in general. With how devoted she is to the hype, one might say that's all she can ever think about, and she'd make no effort to say they were wrong. She makes sure to put on a good show, with flashy techniques, a bright costume, and raw skill. However, she doesn't try to become the hype train of the superhero world purely for the sake of hype.

Tanner's more of a deep thinker than her hypemongering persona lets on, and she believes that while saving people from villains is undeniably important, saving them from boredom is just as crucial. She hypes herself up for the sake of morale, to give the masses an entertainer that will leave her fans cheering in even the most solemn of situations. She wants to be somebody that, no matter how miserable a person feels, they can turn on the TV and see her in action to have something to feel good about in their otherwise-miserable day. In Tanner's eyes, poor morale in a person - especially a powerful one - will leave room in their hearts for villainy. By hyping herself up, Tanner likes to believe that the people who become villains out of boredom or hate will instead turn to heroism to follow in their idol's footsteps. She wouldn't deny that this ideal is quite naive, but it gives her a good reason to expend so much energy on maintaining her hype-craving facade.

The reality of it is that Tanner's quite the slacker. Her two passions in life are entertainment and heroism, and she's only able to pull forth the immense reserves of energy she often shows because of the ideal that she can bring the two together to bring a hero like no other into play. If she were a more selfish sort who doesn't care as much as she does about being a hero, Tanner would probably be much happier with finding a spot under the sunlight, lying down, and taking a nice, long nap, or with a day spent under the covers of her bed with a book or game in her hands and a steady supply of snacks nearby. She has a particular liking for cheap fast food, and can easily be bribed with a cheap burger or some overly-salty fries. Whatever her day looks like, Tanner is always sure to grab at least one cheap burger at some point, usually when she needs a short break from blowing out so much energy trying to hype herself up. If the day's pace is particularly slow, she'll most likely sneak a nap in somewhere as well.

It's during these breaks that Tanner is revealed for what she truly is, instead of the hypemongering superstar she pretends to be. Tanner is a curious and generally lazy girl with a philosophical streak who likes to think about the bigger questions in life. She's also got hobbies of her own, which include stargazing, learning new things, and most of all, crosswords. She's more inclined toward mental energy than physical energy, as one may infer from this. Whatever sort of energy she's using, a very important part of Tanner's routine despite her slacker nature is regular exercise to stay in shape and counteract her fondness for cheap fast food. Even if she doesn't want to, she wakes up early, fills out her morning exercise routine*, then tackles the day ahead of her. To her, discipline matters more than what she wants if it means her health will stay where she needs it to if she's to become a hero.

Socially, Tanner tries to make herself as approachable as possible, regardless of if her hypemongering facade is up or not. She's patient with others, listens when somebody has to speak, and makes sure to use good manners. In the event that she realizes she's bothering somebody with her hype-craving persona, Tanner will often tell them what's really going on in private, and request that they not spread the knowledge. The last thing she wants is to upset others. Tanner is also quite selfless, and will make pretty big sacrifices for the sake of others. Even if it means she'll have to take a physical blow or two. If anything, she actually seems even more eager to step in for others if it means she'll take a hit or two as a result.

*Tanner's daily exercise consists of fifty push-ups, fifty sit-ups, and five miles of jogging.

[spoiler=Biography]
Tanner's origins are pretty bland. She grew up in a tiny farming town in The Middle of Nowhere, Iowa, with a population of about a thousand people. She grew up normally, albeit as a bit of a slacker simply due to not being interested in exerting herself, and had a few close-knit friends she cherished every second with. One particular talent of Tanner's growing up was that she was very good at impersonations. If she heard a person's voice and saw how they acted, she could pass herself off as the same person in a different body. It was something she had fun doing, which led to her first major discovery in life when her elementary school handed out an assignment where students had to write about what kind of job they'd like to have when they grew up. After thinking about it some and asking the teacher for some advice, Tanner decided she wanted to be an actress. The idea of going up in front of the camera and getting to be someone she wasn't for the sake of entertaining so many strangers resonated with her.

Acting became Tanner's passion in life. It was what inspired her. Not long after, her second passion in life would also come to the surface. When Tanner was thirteen years of age, a conflict wherein she was rather defiantly standing up to one of the less pleasant students that liked to terrorize her middle school went south when they stabbed Tanner in the lung. Had her Fragment not awoken during as the knife got acquainted with her flesh, Tanner would have died. Instead, she was able to pull the knife out and be none the worse for wear in a matter of moments. Granted, being stabbed still hurt like hell, but Tanner came out the winner of that spat when her attacker got expelled and sent to a juvenile facility. Tanner was sent home with both congratulations on her Fragment awakening and advice to take it easy for a while, since there was no telling if the healing was only temporary.

Tanner spent the next four days at home, lying in bed, reading books and "watching" the news so that she had some background noise. It was as she set down a pretty generic fantasy novel, however, that something was happening on the screen; something that had caught her interest. A great, terrible villain was attacking somewhere in the state. However, before long, a hero arrived on the scene. The two fought a fight the likes of which Tanner's dull book could only dream of, and the villain was ultimately apprehended and sent away. At that moment, Tanner realized that she'd been doing hero stuff in her own way up until now; getting between school bullies and their victims, taking whatever punishment they dished out, and hanging in there until a teacher or someone else showed up to take them away. By the time she was back in school the following Monday, Tanner couldn't get the idea of becoming a hero out of her head. She still craved the spotlight she'd been after as somebody dreaming to be an actress, but now wanted to become a hero to the masses as well.

Eventually, an idea hit her. Become an odd halfway mark between hero and entertainer. Capture villains and rescue citizens in style, and become a hero that the masses would cheer on and look up to. There were plenty of reasons to go for it, and very few reasons to avoid the idea, and so, Tanner got to work. She planned out costumes, catchphrases, and began teaching herself bojutsu as a means of giving herself something besides her Fragment for people to get hyped over. Getting to know martial arts was also a good incentive; she'd need them if she was to defeat a villain without killing them. Tanner's next major stepping stone was to enroll at Mar-Vell, as she trained her body, her mind, her Fragment, and her technique all to be the best she could be.

She ultimately passed the entrance exam with flying colors, and joined Mar-Vell as a hero-to-be. She then came back for a second year. Now she's back once again for round three.

Combat Information

Alias: Mistweaver
Quantum Classification: Air
Quantum Fragment: Renewing Mists

[spoiler=Appearance (hero)]
Dull is not the word to describe Mistweaver's outfit. Starting at the top, her outfit features a white wig worn over Tanner's hair, along with a blue visor that goes over her eyes and a white cloth mask worn over her mouth and nose. Beneath this assortment of headwear is a short blue capelet worn over the shoulders and reaches about halfway down the chest in all direction. This capelet is worn in tandem with a white bodysuit that spans across Mistweaver's chest and back, but doesn't touch her arms or legs. Over her hands are blue gloves that reach up to wearer's elbows. In conjunction with these gloves, a pair of black armbands are worn over Mistweaver's forearms.

Around Mistweaver's belt, one can find a black belt that has a piece of cloth attached along its bottom similar to the capelet worn over the shoulders. This "skirt" reaches just below Mistweaver's hips, and when coupled with a pair of thigh-length blue boots, leave her upper thighs exposed. Tanner's noted that the costume is rather tight, but has made no effort to get a replacement.

[spoiler=Abilities]
Tanner's Fragment passively surrounds her with an aura of light blue mist. This mist drastically enhances the body's healing functions, causing most injuries to heal in mere moments. After due testing, she is capable of regrowing lost limbs in the course of two days, and can repair vital organs well before dying should they be damaged. This immense healing factor also renders Tanner immune to illness and any poison that isn't specifically designed to disable a Fragment. The interesting thing about this mist isn't its healing properties, however. The real zinger is that Tanner can transfer her mist to any person she makes physical contact with for a short time before the mists forcibly return to their rightful owner. Other people are able to carry her healing aura for as long as sixty seconds, but the healing aura can be forcibly returned to Tanner by her own will if need be.

Other Information

[spoiler=Here Comes the Tide]

Personal Information
x393wz.jpg
Name: May Kolson
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Appearance]
KxmY4LA.jpg?1

Height of 5'5". Tends to wear shorts. 

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Personality]
If there was a word that would be a concise way of describing May, it would be enthusiastic. She is a person filled with a seemingly infinite amount of determination and pep when it comes to achieving whatever it is she wants to do at the moment. And while she seems completely unerring in her mindset when pursuing what ever goal she is at that moment, she is still a bit scatter brained and short on her attention span. Due to not being a particularly focused person at all, she just as easily is able to have her attention diverted elsewhere to something equally or more exciting and thus easily forget what it was she was initially hyped about to begin with. 

Due to her own apparent enthusiasm towards whatever she is doing, she tends to try to make sure others are as amped up as she is. As such, she ends up being a lot louder than a regular person would be and tries to sound as excited as possible in order to pass the energy off to others. Due to this, she also tends to not have much of a care for what others around her actually think regarding a situation and can end up having a bit of an alpha personality. While not too caring about the thoughts of others, she still does not handle insults from others well and can be easily riled up. 

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Biography]
Growing up in the ever lively city of New York, May was exposed to the hero scene ever since she could remember. Being one of the largest cities around, crime rates were obviously high, but even so, there always seemed to be heroes around ready and willing to help solve whatever troubles might have arisen. News stories were flooded with acts of heroism, merchandise of all kinds was created, even television shows were aired for these heroes. And so it was that as long as she could remember, May had thought that heroes were the absolute coolest. And as a young kid who thought being the coolest was the greatest, then ti would be only natural that she had wished to become a hero from that point onward. And this wish only matured into a goal upon the time that her fragment manifested itself to her. 

From then on, she did everything in her power to become a hero. She tried to learn all she could about other heroes, their pasts, abilities, how they use them what they're doing. She often played pretend with friends of hers around in order to practice her heroing. And then there were times where actual crime happened before her eyes, only to have her bolster her need to hero and intervene (a good half of the times making things worse.) And as time went on and her powers became more developed and her own slip ups started to lessen, she stopped caring about learning about heroes, and instead only furthering herself as one. And the more she thought this way, the more she enjoyed the idea of not just becoming a hero, but becoming the hero. 

So, when she came of age, she looked into all the different places that she could go to school for. And while not her first choice, due to the convenience and cost, May had ended up going to the academy known as Mar-vell. While having a bit of a rocky start in her first year, the girl eventually managed to blow past these issues and came to enjoy her stay at the hero high school. With this being a place she liked and knowing it was the best way for her to get to her hero dream, the girl now returns for her junior year at Mar-Vell Academy. 

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Combat Info]
Alias: River Horse
Quantum Classification: Water
Quantum Fragment:  Ebb and Flow
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Abilities]
Due to her fragment, May's body produces and holds an abnormally large quantity of water. With her fragment she is able to use her own and surrounding water (such as from the air or lake, etc.) and manipulate it to do various things. Because she uses water from her own body, if it is overused, most commonly in incredibly dry areas, she can suffer from dehydration. Examples of some of its uses are to create large globes of pressurized at her hand to either fire large streams of it or give a pretty hefty "Poseidon Punch," create walls or whip like appendages of water at her disposal. 

[spoiler=Heroutfit]

May's outfit in hero mode is incredibly simple and pretty follows her normal attire of a shirt tied up to bare her midriff and shorts, both in a navy blue coloration. In addition, she wears fingerless gloves, sneakers and swimming goggles,all following the same color scheme. Her clothing is made more in line with how one would expect swimwear to be made and water tends to slide off of it. In addition, tied around both her wrists and ankles are small belts of vials containing water, in addition to a small circular pack on her back. 

Other Information

ALRIGHT LISTEN UP!!!

With the 3 GMs posting now, y'all should be able to post now in your respective locations! That being said...I'm expecting people to post and us to get through another session by at LEAST Wednesday, August 17th. If you cannot meet this goal, contact myself, Yui, and Sai at the same time to relay this information...otherwise we might consider you uninterested and what not.

The deadline for you all to post in this session is, once again: Wednesday, August 17th. We are going to pull through, so all y'all better clench your buttcheeks and yell in your hearts: POOOOOOOOOOST!!!!! xD

Archived