Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Please log in to reply
16011 replies to this topic

beckon9

beckon9

• Members
  • 98 posts
    Last Visit Sep 19 2018 10:30 PM

Will I receive effect damage as a cost to activate a card effect even when I have D/D/D Rebel King Leonidas? Thank you

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,569 posts
    Last Visit Today, 09:02 AM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

Will I receive effect damage as a cost to activate a card effect even when I have D/D/D Rebel King Leonidas? Thank you

Effect damage is just that; the result of an effect. As far as I know, not a single card in Yu-Gi-Oh causes you effect damage in order to activate it. There are two other ways of your LP decreasing other than damage, though; simply losing it directly, such as from Soul Charge, and paying LP. Losing LP also never happens as a cost, so that leaves paying LP as a cost. This is not conidered effect damage, and as such does not interact with Rebel King Leonidas.

beckon9

beckon9

• Members
  • 98 posts

During the end phase, if I activate odd-eyes persona dragon's effect to place odd-eyes pendulum dragon on the pendulum zone, can I activate pendulum dragon's effect to destroy itself and add a pendulum card during the same end phase?

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,569 posts
    Last Visit Today, 09:02 AM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

Yes.

beckon9

beckon9

• Members
  • 98 posts

Thank you for your answer, also can I activate Hysteric Party when it is already face up on the field?

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Hollow Knight

• Survivor
  • 9,034 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:37 PM
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720

Thank you for your answer, also can I activate Hysteric Party when it is already face up on the field?

No, that the activation of a card, which is what "Activate this card by discarding 1 card;" refers to, is when you flip the card face-up initially. After that, it has been activated, and cannot be activated again.

beckon9

beckon9

• Members
  • 98 posts

When a card says "if there are no monsters on the field ...", does that includes monsters on OPPONENT's field as well?

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • 5,472 posts
    Last Visit 45 minutes ago
If it says "the field", yes. I can't think of too many examples of this that aren't terrible, but if you want one, Boon of the Meklord Emperors requires there to be exactly 2 Meklord monsters on the field, and just them. Not 3, your opponent cannot control anything that isn't a Meklord, and if they do have one, that means you can have only one, etc.
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

LEc7qUd.png

September's AGM Deck Challenge:
Boosts and drainage!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,086 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:45 PM

Can "Rise to Full Height" activate both of its effects in the same turn?

http://yugioh.wikia...._to_Full_Height

The wording says
You can only activate 1 "Rise to Full Height" per turn.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Quokka FLOCKA

Quokka FLOCKA

dig beak membr

• Senior Members
  • 5,530 posts
    Last Visit 33 minutes ago
  • Alias:Best Mod
  • Spouse:Icy and ur mom

Can "Rise to Full Height" activate both of its effects in the same turn?

http://yugioh.wikia...._to_Full_Height

The wording says
You can only activate 1 "Rise to Full Height" per turn.

Yes you can.

You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 monster you control; monsters your opponent controls cannot attack for the rest of this turn, except to attack that monster."

Is not activating "Rise to Full Height". You are simply activating the effect of a card. So cards like Norito the Moral Leader cannot negate the Graveyard effect of Rise to Full Height, because a spell nor trap card was activated. An EFFECT of a trap was activated. However a card like Toadally Awesome can, because he negates effects. Works the same as Kaiku Slumber, Breakthrough Skill, Galaxy Cyclone etc.

Offical friend of Willieh

Dragulas

Dragulas

Prince of Darkness

• Elite Members
  • 1,011 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:25 PM

Yes you can.

You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 monster you control; monsters your opponent controls cannot attack for the rest of this turn, except to attack that monster."

Is not activating "Rise to Full Height". You are simply activating the effect of a card. So cards like Norito the Moral Leader cannot negate the Graveyard effect of Rise to Full Height, because a spell nor trap card was activated. An EFFECT of a trap was activated. However a card like Toadally Awesome can, because he negates effects. Works the same as Kaiku Slumber, Breakthrough Skill, Galaxy Cyclone etc.

Just for the record, Toad cannot negate those either, it negates negates monster effects, but for spells or traps is still limited to activations

Print this Konami

Posted Image

Quokka FLOCKA

Quokka FLOCKA

dig beak membr

• Senior Members
  • 5,530 posts

Just for the record, Toad cannot negate those either, it negates negates monster effects, but for spells or traps is still limited to activations

Went back and rad Toad. You're correct on that one b.

MetalSonic

MetalSonic

Desperate Sellout

• Elite Members
  • 2,323 posts
    Last Visit 59 minutes ago
  • Spouse:Sari Sumdac
If Skill Drain is face-up, do I still draw 1 off of Danger monsters?
Posted Image
Discord tag: Metal Sonic#4736

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 39,966 posts
    Last Visit 43 minutes ago
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

The draw effect happens when it hits the field (which Skill Drain negates monsters on), so no, you don't get the draw. Given its newest errata (Drain), you can still activate the effect, but won't work.

Though, I may need to check other cards that do equivalent things (or least on Skill Drain's rulings about stuff if recent ones are available). 

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Azuriena

Azuriena

Hayees, T.

• Advanced Members
  • 767 posts
    Last Visit Today, 08:17 AM

Those cards aren't released.

Skill Drain doesn't negate effects that activate/resolve in the hand.

There is also no such thing as negating half an effect. (Before anyone brings it up, Necrovalley is not an exception.)

Quokka FLOCKA

Quokka FLOCKA

dig beak membr

• Senior Members
  • 5,530 posts

Those cards aren't released.

Skill Drain doesn't negate effects that activate/resolve in the hand.

There is also no such thing as negating half an effect. (Before anyone brings it up, Necrovalley is not an exception.)

Them being released or not doesn't change the question lol. We have the text

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,635 posts
    Last Visit 39 minutes ago

Question on Forbidden Scripture:

Does it also negates "lingering effects" applying on the monsters? That is, effects that affect the monster but already resolved at whatever point during the duel. For example, a monster whose Level was changed by Galaxy Queen's Light. I cannot mention an ATK/DEF modifying effect as example (e.g. Rush Recklessly) because the other effect of Scripture "resets" ATK/DEF anyway.

Since it states it "negates all other card effects on the field" I'm not sure if that covers said lingering effects too. If it said something like "negate the effects of all other cards on the field" instead then I would find it more clear.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Hollow Knight

• Survivor
  • 9,034 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:37 PM
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720

Does it also negates "lingering effects" applying on the monsters? That is, effects that affect the monster but already resolved at whatever point during the duel. For example, a monster whose Level was changed by Galaxy Queen's Light. I cannot mention an ATK/DEF modifying effect as example (e.g. Rush Recklessly) because the other effect of Scripture "resets" ATK/DEF anyway.

Since it states it "negates all other card effects on the field" I'm not sure if that covers said lingering effects too. If it said something like "negate the effects of all other cards on the field" instead then I would find it more clear.

Lingering Effects cannot be negated only already applied, so it wouldn't do that. I'm sure there are some weird exceptions, but in your example I am confident that it would not negate it.

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,635 posts
    Last Visit 39 minutes ago

Well, that's still an assumption. Is there a way to confirm? Perhaps another case, ruling, etc. as precedence. The only other card I found with such effect is Gravekeeper's Heretic. Anybody knows what happens to him if you use, let's say, Rush Recklessly on it and activate Necrovalley afterwards?

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Azuriena

Azuriena

Hayees, T.

• Advanced Members
  • 767 posts
    Last Visit Today, 08:17 AM

Them being released or not doesn't change the question lol. We have the text

Cards that don't exist don't have text.

Image proxies on the Konami blog do not reflect cards that exist, and they are subject to change at any time.

Judges do not answer questions on unreleased cards, nor should they answer questions on hypothetical cards or scenarios. Hypothetical in this context meaning cannot be reproduced in the actual game.

The monster's Level remains the same.

The effect of Galaxy Queen's Light isn't on the field when Scripture resolves; it has long resolved.

Well, that's still an assumption. Is there a way to confirm? Perhaps another case, ruling, etc. as precedence. The only other card I found with such effect is Gravekeeper's Heretic. Anybody knows what happens to him if you use, let's say, Rush Recklessly on it and activate Necrovalley afterwards?

Heretic's ATK remains the same.

There are more cards relating to these kinds of scenarios that might interest you: Number 17: Leviathan Dragon, Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, True King of All Calamities, and Fiendish Chain.

Are you familiar with how they work regarding cards later having their effects negated or becoming unaffected by card effects?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users