Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 Questions

If I have WildHeart and it is attacked by my opponent's monster, then I activate Mirror Gate. Is Wild Heart affected by it?

When Destiny Hero Plasma is on the field, does its effect negate its own effect and can he only equip as many monsters according to the number of spell/trap card zones are available?

If Volcanic Slicer is on the field and it already attack, then does its effect still activate?

If I have Dimenssional Fissure on the field and the monster Grave Protector on the field, which effect over powers the other?

To Xemba: Yes you do get disks effect, it is ruled like Glad Beast Darius see link- http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/community/forums/thread/1151700.aspx

To BDKMRV:

1)Mirror Gate will resolve without effect, neither monster will switch sides see link- http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/COMMUNITY/forums/thread/895061.aspx

2)Read plasmas effect: While this card is face-up on the field, negate all the effect of face-up Effect Monsters your opponent controls. Also: Once per turn, select your opponent's monster and equip it to this card. (You can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card.)

3)No

4)If "Banisher of the Light" and "Grave Protector" are both active, destroyed monsters are removed from play. - this is from official rulings thus i would rule the same with d fissure

Joc, how do you go about reruling cards, because the evidence you provided should be key, but UDE judges say otherwise.

You provided evidence here against replacing Spells and Traps

You cannot voluntarily discard Spell & Trap Cards to free up additional space, nor may you take them back into your hand. The only exception is Spell & Trap Cards that have a continuous payment ("Messenger of Peace", "Imperial Order", etc.), which you may discard by choosing not to pay the cost at the appropriate time. But other cards such as Field Spell Cards, Equip Spell Cards, Continuous Trap Cards (like "Gravity Bind" and "Dragon Capture Jar") remain on the field and you cannot discard them without reason. You can destroy them with cards like "Remove Trap" or "De-Spell", even though they are your own cards.

But the judges at UDE says differently. This is what they had to say.

Okay, i searched around and found some things unclear to me.

1. Are field Spell cards limited to the field spell card zone? I.e.: Can a Field Spell card be set in the s/t Zones?

2. If a field card is already active, what happens to the that field spell card if another player sets a field spell card in the Field card zone?

3. If you control an active field spell card, can you replace it?

4. If you choose to set a Field spell card in the Field card zone, Do you have to show your opponent? I.e. Verification

b. What is the consequences for decieving a player? I.e. If you set a Field spell card in your S/T Zones, or if you set a card in the field spell card zone that is not a field spell card?

5. Does a set field spell card resolve normaly if it had an effect? I.e. Geartown being destroyed face down.

1. There is only one Zone for Regular Spell and Traps (Equip, Continuous, Ritual, Quick-Play, Normal, Counter), and One Zone for Field Spell Cards. These Zones are not interchangeable. You cannot play a Quick-Play Spell to the Field Zone, or vice-versa. Nor, can you Set a card in either Zone.

2. Set Field Card's do not interfere with an already Active Field Spell Card. You just cannot have two Active Field Cards at the same time. The newest one will destroy the previous one.

3. If you control a Active FS Card, and you wish to replace it with another, you may destroy your older one "as long as" you are immediately doing so. You cannot just destroy a FS Card simply because you no long want it on the field.

4. You do not have to show your opponent that you have Set a face-down FS Card in the FS Zone, just as you don't have to prove that you have Set a Monster in the Monster Zone, or a Spell in the Spell/Trap Zone.

If you misplay a card to the wrong Zone, it will be penalized as incorrect play of a game card, and could be escalated to Cheating if the investigation reveals there was intent to deceive, which could result in a Disqualification without Prize. Best to not do it, and you won't have to worry about penalties.

5. Face-down Field Spell Cards generally do not have effects. In the case of "Geartown", it doesn't matter how its destroyed. From your Hand, Deck, Field, face-down or face-up, it will gain its effect.

Your evidence proves that you can not, why is this judge saying you can? And if so, SINCE WHEN? 5 minutes ago?!

Joc' date=' how do you go about reruling cards, because the evidence you provided should be key, but UDE judges say otherwise.

You provided evidence here against replacing Spells and Traps

You cannot voluntarily discard Spell & Trap Cards to free up additional space, nor may you take them back into your hand. The only exception is Spell & Trap Cards that have a continuous payment ("Messenger of Peace", "Imperial Order", etc.), which you may discard by choosing not to pay the cost at the appropriate time. But other cards such as Field Spell Cards, Equip Spell Cards, Continuous Trap Cards (like "Gravity Bind" and "Dragon Capture Jar") remain on the field and you cannot discard them without reason. You can destroy them with cards like "Remove Trap" or "De-Spell", even though they are your own cards.

But the judges at UDE says differently. This is what they had to say.

Okay, i searched around and found some things unclear to me.

1. Are field Spell cards limited to the field spell card zone? I.e.: Can a Field Spell card be set in the s/t Zones?

2. If a field card is already active, what happens to the that field spell card if another player sets a field spell card in the Field card zone?

3. If you control an active field spell card, can you replace it?

4. If you choose to set a Field spell card in the Field card zone, Do you have to show your opponent? I.e. Verification

b. What is the consequences for decieving a player? I.e. If you set a Field spell card in your S/T Zones, or if you set a card in the field spell card zone that is not a field spell card?

5. Does a set field spell card resolve normaly if it had an effect? I.e. Geartown being destroyed face down.

1. There is only one Zone for Regular Spell and Traps (Equip, Continuous, Ritual, Quick-Play, Normal, Counter), and One Zone for Field Spell Cards. These Zones are not interchangeable. You cannot play a Quick-Play Spell to the Field Zone, or vice-versa. Nor, can you Set a card in either Zone.

2. Set Field Card's do not interfere with an already Active Field Spell Card. You just cannot have two Active Field Cards at the same time. The newest one will destroy the previous one.

3. If you control a Active FS Card, and you wish to replace it with another, you may destroy your older one "as long as" you are immediately doing so. You cannot just destroy a FS Card simply because you no long want it on the field.

4. You do not have to show your opponent that you have Set a face-down FS Card in the FS Zone, just as you don't have to prove that you have Set a Monster in the Monster Zone, or a Spell in the Spell/Trap Zone.

If you misplay a card to the wrong Zone, it will be penalized as incorrect play of a game card, and could be escalated to Cheating if the investigation reveals there was intent to deceive, which could result in a Disqualification without Prize. Best to not do it, and you won't have to worry about penalties.

5. Face-down Field Spell Cards generally do not have effects. In the case of "Geartown", it doesn't matter how its destroyed. From your Hand, Deck, Field, face-down or face-up, it will gain its effect.

Your evidence proves that you can not, why is this judge saying you can? And if so, SINCE WHEN? 5 minutes ago?!

What JoC said was correct and what the judge said was correct.

When you send a Field Spell to the Grave to activate another, then you aren't sending it to the Grave for no reason, but for the sole reason to play anoter.

Archived