Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

If I have a Link monster with 8 arrows in the Extra Monster Zone, do the 3 Main Monster Zones that it would point to on my opponent's field also count as Extra Monster Zones that I can use?

1) Link pointed zone is not treated as extra monster zone but enabled to summon extra deck monster

2) even if opponent zone is pointed by links that has direction towards opponent's zone (not just link 8) is enabled to summon extra deck monster. You still can't use that zone. Pointing does not grant ownership of that zone

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I already control a Few Spell on the field, can I activate another Few Spell from my hand by sending the current Few Spell from the field to the GY?

technically speaking you can, but to be clear its rule mechanic not card/effect mechanic so effect "if this card removed by card effect" and any similar effect wont trigger

yes, sorry for my stupid mistake. Can you please explain about the condition "once per chain", it is confusing?

Once per Chain is type of soft limitation. So as long it didn't violate the limitation you can activate the effect more than once. In this particular case Once per Chain can be activated more than once BUT if the effect is chained in chain link when any card respond to that effect, you cannot activate the effect again until the chain resolved even if the effect spell speed is equal or higher

Example A: Quick Effect activated > opponent chain effect veiler to negate it > you can activate the same Quick effect again > so as chain resolve opponent attempt to negate the effect is fail since the quick effect that activate the second time become the first effect that resolved first thus its escape Veiler negation

Example B: Quick effect with Once per chain Limitation activated > opponent chain Veiler > unfortunately this is Once per Chain so you cant activate this effect again > the chain resolved, Veiler negate the effect

Hi, I have two questions.

1. If a card's effect that say destroy or banish a monster on the field without the word ''target'', is it still considered a target?

2. If a monster's ATK got reduced by Apple Magician's effect, is it permanent?

Thankyou

Hi, I have two questions.

1. If a card's effect that say destroy or banish a monster on the field without the word ''target'', is it still considered a target?

2. If a monster's ATK got reduced by Apple Magician's effect, is it permanent?

Thankyou

1) its pretty simple. even if the player need to choose cards that being affected, if the effect don't have target wording then the process of choosing is NOT considered as Targeting. (Thus bypass target immunity)

2) any stat changing effect is consider permanent unless it says certain time window, like for example: until the End of Damage Step, etc. Apple here doesnt have that so safe to say the stat change is permanent

Thankyou for your answer, I have one more question about Masterking Archfiend's effect.

It's second effect to roll the dice after a fiend was sent to the GY, does it happen after an activation that send the monster to the GY or after the monster was destroyed by battle? The "once per chain" condition is very confusing to me.

• 1 month later...

Thank-you for your answer, if I have D/D/D Oracle King D'Arc and D/D/D Rebel King Leonidas on the field, can I gain life points from the effects from a Dark Contract? Also if I use D/D/D Dragonbane King Beowulf to destroy all spells and traps in the stand-by phase, do I still take damage from a Dark Contract in that stand-by phase?

Thank-you for your answer, if I have D/D/D Oracle King D'Arc and D/D/D Rebel King Leonidas on the field, can I gain life points from the effects from a Dark Contract? Also if I use D/D/D Dragonbane King Beowulf to destroy all spells and traps in the stand-by phase, do I still take damage from a Dark Contract in that stand-by phase?

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Subterrorpickle43 said:

Here's my question.

If my opponent uses Blackwing Full Armor Master to attack me, can I use sonic stun to negate the attack or does the attack still go through?

So Blackwing Full Armor Master is unaffected by other card effects. Sonic Stun activates when an attack is declared. Technically, Sonic Stun is negating an attack. So think about it like this. The effect of Sonic Stun will resolve since it would be a similar scenario to activating Mirror Force.

With Mirror Force, Full Armor Master's attack would be negated but it wouldn't be destroyed by Mirror Force's effect. Hope that makes sense.

Typically, if the effect doesn't affect the card in question, that effect will reolve just fine.

23 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

So Blackwing Full Armor Master is unaffected by other card effects. Sonic Stun activates when an attack is declared. Technically, Sonic Stun is negating an attack. So think about it like this. The effect of Sonic Stun will resolve since it would be a similar scenario to activating Mirror Force.

With Mirror Force, Full Armor Master's attack would be negated but it wouldn't be destroyed by Mirror Force's effect. Hope that makes sense.

Typically, if the effect doesn't affect the card in question, that effect will reolve just fine.

This is not correct. Negating an attack affects the attacking monster, and since Full Armor Master is unaffected by card effects, Sonic Stun would be activated, then resolve without effect, and not Special Summon a monster from the deck. This is due to the fact that its "A, then do B" conjunction requires that the attack be negated before summoning a monster. Reference for the unaffected part.

In addition, Mirror Force, as of its latest erratum, does not negate attacks, and would resolve similarly.

6 hours ago, Bringerofcake said:

This is not correct. Negating an attack affects the attacking monster, and since Full Armor Master is unaffected by card effects, Sonic Stun would be activated, then resolve without effect, and not Special Summon a monster from the deck. This is due to the fact that its "A, then do B" conjunction requires that the attack be negated before summoning a monster. Reference for the unaffected part.

In addition, Mirror Force, as of its latest erratum, does not negate attacks, and would resolve similarly.

I was more pointing toward the fact Mirror Force would resolve normally but wouldn't destroy Full Armor Master.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived