Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can Synchro monsters and Fusion monsters be in the same deck?

Of course why wouldnt you?

I always thought that Synchro monsters go into the Side Deck and Fusion monsters go into the Fusion Deck.

Both go in the Extra Deck, which is the new name for the Fusion Deck.

The Side Deck is something completely different.

D.D. Assailant vs. Skill Drain.

What happens?

"Skill Drain" will not negate an Ignition Effect or Trigger Effect if the Effect Monster is not face-up on the field when the effect resolves.

When its effect resolves, it is removed from play, so I'd assume that the ruling is the same as if you used an Exiled Force, but I'm not a pro. I'm just going off of the info found in the wiki. lol

What happens?

"Skill Drain" will not negate an Ignition Effect or Trigger Effect if the Effect Monster is not face-up on the field when the effect resolves.

When its effect resolves' date=' it is removed from play, so I'd assume that the ruling is the same as if you used an Exiled Force, but I'm not a pro. I'm just going off of the info found in the wiki. lol

[/quote']

Obviously you havent read the card

When this card is destroyed by battle with an opponent's monster, remove from play that monster and this card.

The only debateable thing is wether as it is consider being destroyed by battle is its effect activating in the graveyard?

What happens?

When its effect resolves' date=' it is removed from play, so I'd assume that the ruling is the same as if you used an Exiled Force, but I'm not a pro. I'm just going off of the info found in the wiki. lol

[/quote']

Obviously you havent read the card

When this card is destroyed by battle with an opponent's monster, remove from play that monster and this card.

The only debateable thing is wether as it is consider being destroyed by battle is its effect activating in the graveyard?

I have read the card. The only arguable thing about me not knowing would be that I don't properly understand resolution of effects.

It doesn't say it has to be sent to the Graveyard, but if you look at Grandmaster of the Six Samurai's effect, he does not state that he must be in the Graveyard, but he can use his effect on himself. So technically that means his effect activates in the Graveyard. Or that's how I see it, at least.

Take from that whatever you want.

About the DD Assailant, its effect reads as the following:

When this card is destroyed as a result of battle with your opponent's monster, remove from play both this card and the opponent's monster that destroyed this card.

I'm guessing that its effect may not activate. Since it doesn't say "When this card is destoryed and sent to the graveyard as a result of battle," this effect shouldn't activate at all. Its effect should probably only activate at the moment it is destroyed on the field. Therefore, I think Skill Drain negates D.D. Assailant's effect.

About the DD Assailant' date=' its effect reads as the following:

[i']When this card is destroyed as a result of battle with your opponent's monster, remove from play both this card and the opponent's monster that destroyed this card[/i].

I'm guessing that its effect may not activate. Since it doesn't say "When this card is destoryed and sent to the graveyard as a result of battle," this effect shouldn't activate at all. Its effect should probably only activate at the moment it is destroyed on the field. Therefore, I think Skill Drain negates D.D. Assailant's effect.

Well, it's wrong.

It activates whenever it is destroyed as a result of battle. If Macro/D-Fissure wasn't active, it would be in the Graveyard when it activates.

I don't know if it could remove both monsters from play if Macro was active and it was already rfp when it was destroyed by battle.

Archived