Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When this card is destroyed by an Effect and sent to the Graveyard, during your next Standby Phase Special Summon this card, and destroy all monsters you control, except this card. While you control this face-up monster, you cannot Normal Summon, Flip Summon or Special Summon. You can only control 1 "Id the Super Demonic Lord".

Would Skill Drain stop him from being Summoned? If not, then this card could actually have a use. lol

I'm just checking to be sure.

When this card is destroyed by an Effect and sent to the Graveyard' date=' during your next Standby Phase Special Summon this card, [b']and destroy all monsters you control, except this card.[/b] While you control this face-up monster, you cannot Normal Summon, Flip Summon or Special Summon. You can only control 1 "Id the Super Demonic Lord".

Would Skill Drain stop him from being Summoned? If not, then this card could actually have a use. lol

Bolded= Stopped by Skill Drain

When this card is destroyed by an Effect and sent to the Graveyard' date=' during your next Standby Phase Special Summon this card, [b']and destroy all monsters you control, except this card.[/b] While you control this face-up monster, you cannot Normal Summon, Flip Summon or Special Summon. You can only control 1 "Id the Super Demonic Lord".

Wouldn't his continuous effects be negated also, or are they treated as conditions and not effects?

But the reason I wondered was because it says "and", so I thought if that part was able to be negated, it would also stop him from using the first part. Though I do realize that was a stupid assumption.

Wouldn't his continuous effects be negated also?

Very true my bad

But the reason I wondered was because it says "and", so I thought if that part was able to be negated, it would also stop him from using the first part. Though I do realize that was a stupid assumption.

It is similar to book of life+ d.d. crow scenario, if the monster you try and reborn gets crowed you still get to remove opponents monsters

When this card is destroyed by an Effect and sent to the Graveyard' date=' during your next Standby Phase Special Summon this card, and destroy all monsters you control, except this card. [b']While you control this face-up monster, you cannot Normal Summon, Flip Summon or Special Summon. You can only control 1 "Id the Super Demonic Lord".[/b]

That is indeed what is stopped by Skill Drain.

Okay, Priority, VS Chain.

Okay, here is what i ran into today. It was quite annoying. As we all know players have priority, and not the cards, but how come in a chain, this is null and void?

Friend A: Summons Mind Master.

I: Chain with Book of moon.

Friend A: Declares "Priority."

I: Say, okay.

Now, I know mind master has a cost. That is Paying 800 LP right? Now as a "Chain", shouldn't it resolve like this?

Book Flips Mind master face down. Mind master is no longer face up to complete effect. Doesn't the turn Priority only place a monster's effect as chain link 1 because you cant chain to a summon? I was told that there was no way to stop Mind master once it activates. I let it slide.

A few hours latter, I play another friend. Here is what happens.

I Attack with my Injection Fairy Lilly. I ask any response, He says No. I than proceed to damage step, and i say Pay 2k. He says, yes Honest. I say, well okay. In this instant, doesn't honest only add 400 to the atk of his Wulf? Since it is chain link 2 and resolves first?

Okay' date=' Priority, VS Chain.

Okay, here is what i ran into today. It was quite annoying. As we all know players have priority, and not the cards, but how come in a chain, this is null and void?

Friend A: Summons Mind Master.

I: Chain with Book of moon.

Friend A: Declares "Priority."

I: Say, okay.

Now, I know mind master has a cost. That is Paying 800 LP right? Now as a "Chain", shouldn't it resolve like this?

Book Flips Mind master face down. Mind master is no longer face up to complete effect. Doesn't the turn Priority only place a monster's effect as chain link 1 because you cant chain to a summon? I was told that there was no way to stop Mind master once it activates. I let it slide.

[b']Mind Master does not need to remain face up fro its effect to resolve, thus book of moon only flips it face down so it cant use the effect again or be used in a synchro summon [/b]

A few hours latter, I play another friend. Here is what happens.

I Attack with my Injection Fairy Lilly. I ask any response, He says No. I than proceed to damage step, and i say Pay 2k. He says, yes Honest. I say, well okay. In this instant, doesn't honest only add 400 to the atk of his Wulf? Since it is chain link 2 and resolves first?

Correct

They should make a ruling on that, just in case someone for no reason does that.

If you have a face-up Guardian Sphinx and flip it face-down, then flip it (if even that's possible), if it was flipped back down by a card effect, would you be able to use it again?

And if it was face-down and you Flip Summoned it, could you flip it face-down with its effect, could you then re-flip it that turn? Not that there'd be a reason, but I'm just wondering.

They should make a ruling on that' date=' just in case someone for no reason does that.[/quote']

Nope. A monster level cannot be reduced below 1. Source: http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/community/forums/thread/1018227.aspx

If you have a face-up Guardian Sphinx and flip it face-down' date=' then flip it (if even that's possible), if it was flipped back down by a card effect, would you be able to use it again?[/quote'] Your only allowed 1 manual change per turn, so i would have to say no.

And if it was face-down and you Flip Summoned it' date=' could you flip it face-down with its effect, could you then re-flip it that turn? Not that there'd be a reason, but I'm just wondering.

[/quote']

Same answer, your only allowed 1 manual change per turn, PROVIDED it wasn't placed in that position this turn. I.E. Monster reborn into Def, than an attempt to switch to attack. That i THINK would be illegal. Ill double check for you.

So you're only allowed one Flip Summon per monster per turn? I probably could have found the ruling on the main site, but there is so much crap on there it is impossible to find what you want :/

EDIT:

It says: A Flip Summon (Reverse Summon in the OCG) occurs when you flip a face-down Defense Position monster into face-up Attack Position. Flip Summons are not considered Normal Summons or Special Summons. A player can Flip Summon as many times as he/she wishes to, as long as he/she has the ability to do so.

EDIT: EDIT:

A Monster Card’s battle position can be changed in one of two ways:

* 1. A "manual" change. This is when you use your once-per-turn battle position change on a monster, during your Main Phase 1 or 2, to change it from Attack Position to Defense Position or vice versa. This includes a Flip Summon.

They should really specify that directly in Flip Summons :/

what exactly is the apprentice engine? and how is it suppose to work.

3x Apprentice Magician

1x Old Vindictive Magician

1x Magician of Faith (Trad)

It offers tribute fodder' date=' field presence and spell reusability.

[/quote']

oh its a tribute engine, every time i hear engine being used it's about drawing cards, and I thought that is what it is doing, now i get it. thank you.

Archived