Yu-Gi-Oh! Codex of Shadows [OOC / PG-16 / Always Accepting / Looking for New and Experienced Roleplayers]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, all, I'm really sorry that I haven't been on for the past 5 days, or have been putting in my side of the story for the IC. That first part was out of my control-- I should've told you all I was on vacation, but I couldn't control the fact I had no internet in Mississippi. The second part, however, was all me, and I'm very, very sorry for the hold up.

Hopefully everything can be smooth sailing from here. (Disregarding school, and all.)

Why is Emfur following around Yami Tomoya, Void?

Is there something about the Quantum Cube I don't know about yet?

CAN I CLONE MYSELF NOW?!

He meant to say Toshiro, not Emfur I hope so just continue as normal :P

NOTE: Because of school, I won't be able to post nearly as often, or in some cases, at all, due to homework, friends, and afterschool bs. My apologies.

- - - - -

I'm so sorry guys. I didn't think that school would be this rough. I'm probably going to have to cut my postings to Friday nights and Weekends, at this point.

I know that I haven't been the most reliable when it comes to posts in the first place, but I hope you guys can bear with me having to wait to post. I can't provide a good enough excuse to stop this ball from rolling, but I hope you understand.

My most sincerest apologies.

NOTE: Because of school, I won't be able to post nearly as often, or in some cases, at all, due to homework, friends, and afterschool bs. My apologies.

- - - - -

I'm so sorry guys. I didn't think that school would be this rough. I'm probably going to have to cut my postings to Friday nights and Weekends, at this point.

I know that I haven't been the most reliable when it comes to posts in the first place, but I hope you guys can bear with me having to wait to post. I can't provide a good enough excuse to stop this ball from rolling, but I hope you understand.

My most sincerest apologies.

You have nothing to apologise for. You can't help it. Just a cross to bear.

If you want, I can see about getting the cube out of Emfur's hands for now. I plan to send out another mass invite to get some new roleplayers soon.

Interested in applying. Already have an idea for a character. Just one question. Do you encourage we choose either Quantum or Rare Hunters only? Cause I was thinking it would be interesting to play a neutral character who could be influenced by either side

It is not a strict requirement, so if you want to be neutral for now that is fine.

[spoiler=Adorable Bookworm/Devilish Duelist WIP]Name: Melia Dalton

Team: Quantum

[spoiler=Appearance]j2RTGHz.jpg

Melia is about 5'5" in terms of height and weighs about 108 lbs. As seen in the above image, Melia is mostly seen wearing an orange shirt with a flower pattern on the bottom of it, along with some gray jeans shorts, a pair of white and red sneakers, and her signature red glasses. Unlike in the image, she has bluish-green eyes and long, light brown hair.

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Biography]

[spoiler=Deck/Dream Plushes]A deck revolving around the use of Fluffals and their deadly alteregos, Frightfurs.

[spoiler=Misc]

[spoiler=Sora Kyoju]Name: Sora Kyoju

Team: N/A

[spoiler=Physical Description]Sora stands 4'11" tall and weights roughly 103 lbs. She has pale skin, bright yellow eyes, and emerald green hair with turguoise highlights that she usually keeps in a ponytail when in school. Although she always make sure to cover them, she has scars on her right arm from when she was attacked by a dog as a kid. When not in her school uniform she likes to wear dark blue slacks, black sneakers, a slightly tight-fitting black jeans jacket that accentuates her figure, and under that a plain white T-shirt. Her school unifrom is the standard Domino High school uniform: a pink coat, a white oxford shirt, a blue tie, and a blue pleated skirt.

[spoiler=Personality]Sora has a positive and cheerful attitude, something she herself would attribute to her becoming friends with Tomo. She is however still wary of dogs and very self-conscious about the scars on her arm. She rarely wears anything with short sleeves due to this fact. Remembering how she used to be herself she'll stick up for anyone who she notices doesn't really have it in them to stick up for themselves, and she hates bullies. Even though her parents nag her about school, Sora puts most of her attention on the dueling world, trying to keep up with the latest news about upcoming events, tournaments, or card releases.

[spoiler=Biography]Sora grew up in the small rural town of Vermillion Hill, which is seated at the base of Vermillion Mountain, not far from Domino City. The mountain, as well as the town, gets its name from the bright orange colour the oak trees get during the fall. Her father, Kiryu, works a desk job in Domino City, and Sora still haven't to this day figured out what he really does, while her mom, Ame, is a stay at home mom. Growing up, Sora was your average playful child, until she was bitten badly by a loose dog when she was about 6 years old. After the attack Sora developed social anxiety and became very wary and scared. She distanced herself from her classmates, rather being on her own, and became terrified of dogs. Her parents were worried for her future and hoped the school counselor, Ms. Sakura Shinsetsu, could help Sora deal with her fear.

It seemed for a while like Sora wasn't making any progress since she wouldn't open up Sakura. But then, she wanted to try something a little bit unorthodox for a change: she came to her next session with Sora with her Duel Monsters deck and decided she'd teach Sora how to duel. Sora was intrigued by the game and quickly learned the basics. Her and Sakura started dueling regularly during their sessions, which Sakura used as an excuse to get Sora to talk about what scared her, why she was scared, and how she could overcome those feelings.

Eventually she deemed that Sora was improving, but still wanted to make sure that she didn't regress into her old behaviour, so she introduced her to Tomo Suzuki from Sora's parallel class. Sakura explained that Tomo also played Duel Monsters and encouraged her to start playing with him instead. Tomo became ecstatic, getting knowing about another kid at school who also played Duel Monsters. He asked Sora if they could play a game, but she said she didn't have a deck, having only borrowed one from Sakura all this time. Tomo explained that that wouldn't be a problem, since his dad worked at the local convenience store and bought the Duel Monsters cards to the store that Tomo used to build his deck with. Tomo took Sora to meet his dad and asked him if he could buy some more Duel Monsters cards to the store again for Sora's sake, and his dad was really glad to hear that Tomo had found a friend who was as fond of the card game as Tomo was.

From that day on Sora and Tomo's friendship only grew, and lasted all the way into their current teen years. With her newfound confidence from getting to know Tomo and dueling, Sora was able to reconnect with her other classmates, but mostly spent time with Tomo when out of class. Together they honed their skills as duelists, and sat spellbound watching the Battle City finals and KC Grand Prix on TV. Eventually they were able to save up enough money, that they earned by working extra at Tomo's dad's store, to buy their very own duel disks. After that they became known as Vermilion Hill's own local duelists, and it wasn't long after that that the younger kids in the neighborhood also started taking an interest in Duel Monsters, getting inspired by Sora and Tomo.

Currently, Sora and Tomo go to Domino High and commute daily together.

[spoiler=Deck: Phantom Frenzy]Sora uses a Phantom Beast aggro beatdown deck that mainly focuses on using the Graveyard potential of her monsters to support her field monsters, and utilizes a lot of effects that dumps Beast or Beast-Warriors in the Graveyard

[spoiler=Misc. Information]If there's one thing Sora really dislikes it's Instant Win decks. Decks that create a one-sided duel in her opinion, like stall or mill decks, that take no creativity to use

Sora really looks up to Rebecca Hawkins since she’s also a small girl, and who has made her mark upon the pro-league. She hopes to one get to meet Rebecca, and even better, to duel her

Sora wasn't fond of the skirt she had to wear with her school uniform at first, but has since then gotten used to it

One Summer, her and Tomo managed to organize a small duel tournament at their local elementary school, which got some praise from parents

[spoiler=Sora Kyoju]Name: Sora Kyoju

Team: N/A

[spoiler=Physical Description]Sora stands 4'11" tall and weights roughly 103 lbs. She has pale skin, bright yellow eyes, and emerald green hair with turguoise highlights that she usually keeps in a ponytail when in school. When not in her school uniform she likes to wear dark blue slacks, black sneakers, a slightly tight-fitting black jeans jacket that accentuates her figure, and under that a plain white T-shirt. She also wears a silver necklace that has the silhoutte of a wolf's head. Her school unifrom is the standard Domino High school uniform: a pink coat, a white oxford shirt, a blue tie, and a blue pleated skirt.

[spoiler=Personality]Sora wouldn't really stand out in a crowd (if you don't count by the colour of her hair). She isn't overly academic, athletic or outspoken, and although she has changed a lot from when she was younger she still struggles a bit with her introvert tendencies. But when she's dueling she becomes really bubbly and charismatic. She doesn't care that much either about winning or losing, as long as both players had fun

[spoiler=Biography]As a kid, Sora grew up in a small rural town, not far from Domino City. She was a very shy and timid girl, and didn’t really like playing with other kids, instead keeping mostly to herself. This all changed one day however, after she watched the Battle City finals between Yugi Muto and Seto Kaiba on TV. Watching their duel ignited something inside of her. She instantly fell in love with the game and wanted her parents to start buying her Duel Monsters cards.

She was quick to learn the rules, however, still living in a small rural town, she didn’t exactly have that many that shared her interest in Duel Monsters. But there was one, the local convenience store owner’s son, Tomo, who also played the game. The two became friends fast, and when they both started going to Domino High together, they would always find an arcade where they could find duelists of the same age as them

[spoiler=Deck: Phantom Frenzy]Sora uses a Phantom Beast aggro beatdown deck that mainly focuses on using the Graveyard potential of her monsters to support her field monsters, and utilizes a lot of effects that dumps Beast or Beast-Warriors in the Graveyard

[spoiler=Misc. Information]Sora has always favored using Beast or Beast-Warrior-oriented decks since she’s also interested in wild animals

If there's one thing Sora really dislikes it's Instant Win decks. Decks that create a one-sided duel in her opinion, like stall or mill decks, that take no creativity to use

Sora really looks up to Rebecca Hawkins since she’s also a small girl, and who has made her mark upon the pro-league. She hopes to one get to meet Rebecca, and even better, to duel her

Sora wasn't fond of the skirt she had to wear with her school uniform at first, but has since then gotten used to it

I'd like it if you would flesh out the personality and biography of Sora, but since we need the activity I'll allow it. If you have time though, please expand it.

Accepted.

Okay, I can look into it this week. What do you feel is missing though? Do you have some notes?

You need to flesh out Sora. Who is she as a person? What kind of town is this little place you've mentioned? Why was she shy and timid? Who where her family and friends? How do they all fit into this?

But first, please make a IC post. Make sure you follow the Advanced Clause.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived