Yu-Gi-Oh! Codex of Shadows [OOC / PG-16 / Always Accepting / Looking for New and Experienced Roleplayers]

I will be posting the IC thread up this Friday, so it is in everyone’s interest if you have posted your intent to join, or have a WIP app, that you publish the finished article by then. Don’t want anyone having to wait for me to approve them.

Oh, and do not worry. This RP will remain open to applications at all times.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(FINALLY! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I wanna be in this! I'm gonna edit my archetype and make an app rn! :D)

Cool. Make sure you read the rules irst.

Realized I didn't add a link to the custom cards. Added. Post coming soon.

No worries. Just make your post ASAP people.

(I FINALLY got my App done!)

Name: Yoichi Nagata
Team: Quantum

[spoiler=Personality]

Yoichi is extremely energetic. That would be the first thing that many would point out at first glance, as this is the most dominant factor of his personality. However, those that know him the most know that he is very loyal and dedicated to making people happy. If given the choice, Yoichi prefers to be merciful in situations where he needs to compete against someone, and tries his best to make a compromise to make even his opponents happier. When one of his friends is gloomy, he tries to cheer them up by being simply energetic and optimistic. His most glaring weakness in his personality is that he is very critical of himself and has a very low sense of confidence. He often doubts himself as a duelist, and doesn't know whether or not he wants to continue playing, although he has fun playing it, even when losing. When Yoichi is not playing Duel Monsters, he is most likely on his computer writing code, as he wants to be a computer programmer working for Kaiba Corp when he grows up. 

[spoiler=Appearence]

To match his energetic personality, Yoichi wears a very bright and colorful outfit primarily consisting of the colors Blue and Yellow. He sports a blue zip-up hoodie with a bright yellow button-up shirt underneath. He also wears khaki cargo shorts and a special deck box that attaches to his belt for quick access to his deck. His shoes are a bright ocean blue with hints of yellow stripes flowing across it. His duel disk is a custom recoloring of a KC mass production disk with a Blue and Yellow color scheme. The normally white outer shell of the disk is painted an ocean blue while the normally red center plate holding the graveyard is painted a golden yellow. The card zones are now painted white rather than red. This cost Yoichi a large sum of money, and so he had to borrow a lot of it from his friends after many duels. 

Yoichi's hair is a dark-chocolate brown that constantly curls despite all of his attempts to straighten it down with a comb. It often gets in the way of Yoichi's face, causing him to constantly move it away with his hands if he doesn't use something to keep it calm. He also has a rather bushy eyebrows and sideburns that are the most noteworthy when looking at him. His eyes are a very dark blue hue, but people hardly ever see Yoichi's full eyes as he squints and closes his eyes frequently. His face is rather diamond-shaped, and his cheekbones aren't very defined. His skin is a light tan but not pale. Yoichi is definitely not someone who looks obviously musclar or heroic, as he is just a tad overweight and most certainly out of shape.

[spoiler='Biography]

Pre-IC

Yoichi was born into a family of high standards. Although they were a generally well-off middle class family, Yoichi's parents expected nothing less than perfection from everything that he did. His entire span of school life was a constant roller coaster due to his sometimes failing grades. He would often get his deck taken from him by his parents so that he could focus more on grades. Yoichi tried to look on the bright side of the massive piles of homework laid out before him, as it could have possibly helped him in thinking of tactics in duels. Despite all of the punishments that Yoichi endured, he always knew it was from his parents' care for him.

A large majority of Yoichi's friends were found through Duel Monsters. On many occasions after school, duels would be constantly going on. Yoichi often acted as the judge when he didn't duel, because during high school most of his friends played Duel Monsters on a table rather than using Duel Disks. Because of the time he spent dueling and being a judge, he grew a very strong bond with his old friends that was soon severed when Yoichi's father was forced to move with his family to Domino City, where Yoichi painstakingly completed high school friendless and alone. In order to cheer him up, Yoichi's parents bought him a KC Mass Produced Duel Disk, which he would then get painted a year later. Now that Yoichi was out of High School, he wanted to focus on being the best duelist he could be. Two years later, his father was invited to the Maximillian Chateau and has decided to bring him along. Maybe he could learn new dueling techniques from the creator himself!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC

Unfortunately, this does not happen. As soon as Pegasus steps up to speak at this event, Rare Hunters crash the place and steal many Egyptian artifacts on display. While escaping, Yoichi sustains a gunshot to the foot, preventing him from running or jumping for a period of time until it heals. His injuries may have been much worse if his father didn't intervene to save his life.

Deck: 

Electrum

---

This deck focuses around the concept of revealing monsters in the hand to activate effects, as well as swarming with monsters with low ATK in order to attack directly. His main boss monsters, Electrum Dragon and Electrum Knight, also provide the deck with a bit of control potential by negating destruction effects. Yoichi received his two Synchro cards after being a lucky winner of a drawing for special prize cards held by his favorite video game magazine.

Misc. Information:

Theme: YGO Arc V: Burn!

(I FINALLY got my App done!)

Name: Yoichi Nagata

Team: Quantum

[spoiler=Personality]

Yoichi is extremely energetic. That would be the first thing that many would point out at first glance, as this is the most dominant factor of his personality. However, those that know him the most know that he is very loyal and dedicated to making people happy. If given the choice, Yoichi prefers to be merciful in situations where he needs to compete against someone, and tries his best to make a compromise to make even his opponents happier. When one of his friends is gloomy, he tries to cheer them up by being simply energetic and optimistic. His most glaring weakness in his personality is that he is very critical of himself and has a very low sense of confidence. He often doubts himself as a duelist, and doesn't know whether or not he wants to continue playing, although he has fun playing it, even when losing. When Yoichi is not playing Duel Monsters, he is most likely on his computer writing code, as he wants to be a computer programmer working for Kaiba Corp when he grows up. 

[spoiler=Appearence]

To match his energetic personality, Yoichi wears a very bright and colorful outfit primarily consisting of the colors Blue and Yellow. He sports a blue zip-up hoodie with a bright yellow button-up shirt underneath. He also wears khaki cargo shorts and a special deck box that attaches to his belt for quick access to his deck. His shoes are a bright ocean blue with hints of yellow stripes flowing across it. His duel disk is a custom recoloring of a KC mass production disk with a Blue and Yellow color scheme. The normally white outer shell of the disk is painted an ocean blue while the normally red center plate holding the graveyard is painted a golden yellow. The card zones are now painted white rather than red. This cost Yoichi a large sum of money, and so he had to borrow a lot of it from his friends after many duels. 

[spoiler='Biography]

Yoichi was born into a family of high standards. Although they were a generally well-off middle class family, Yoichi's parents expected nothing less than perfection from everything that he did. His entire span of school life was a constant roller coaster due to his sometimes failing grades. He would often get his deck taken from him by his parents so that he could focus more on grades. Yoichi tried to look on the bright side of the massive piles of homework laid out before him, as it could have possibly helped him in thinking of tactics in duels. Despite all of the punishments that Yoichi endured, he always knew it was from his parents' care for him.

A large majority of Yoichi's friends were found through Duel Monsters. On many occasions after school, duels would be constantly going on. Yoichi often acted as the judge when he didn't duel, because during high school most of his friends played Duel Monsters on a table rather than using Duel Disks. Because of the time he spent dueling and being a judge, he grew a very strong bond with his old friends that was soon severed when Yoichi's father was forced to move with his family to Domino City, where Yoichi painstakingly completed high school friendless and alone. In order to cheer him up, Yoichi's parents bought him a KC Mass Produced Duel Disk, which he would then get painted a year later. Now that Yoichi was out of High School, he wanted to focus on being the best duelist he could be. Two years later, his father was invited to the Maximillian Chateau and has decided to bring him along. Maybe he could learn new dueling techniques from the creator himself!

Deck: 

Electrum

---

This deck focuses around the concept of revealing monsters in the hand to activate effects, as well as swarming with monsters with low ATK in order to attack directly. His main boss monsters, Electrum Dragon and Electrum Knight, also provide the deck with a bit of control potential by negating destruction effects. Yoichi received his two Synchro cards after being a lucky winner of a drawing for special prize cards held by his favorite video game magazine.

Misc. Information: None as of Yet.

You’re missing a physical description of your character in the Appearance section. You only describe Yoichi's clothing, so I'm wondering if you forgot/failed to insert an image or paragraph that fulfils that criteria. But I’m happy to accept the application now, on the condition you correct this before your first IC post.

You’re missing a physical description of your character in the Appearance section. You only describe Yoichi's clothing, so I'm wondering if you forgot/failed to insert an image or paragraph that fulfils that criteria. But I’m happy to accept the application now, on the condition you correct this before your first IC post.

Oh, whoops! Sorry about that! Got it! :D 

EDIT: Fixed it! 

Good.

Meanwhile, I just want to generally inquire on how often people can post. I know Dova has just returned from a week-long absence because of IRL stuff. I don’t have any intention on imposing mandatory posting, but I’d like to know so I can tailor the plot development in a way so people don’t have to catch up too much.

I know they're from filler, but I would like to see some of the Orichalcos Henchmen return in some capacity, along with the Schroeders. I always liked their characters.

also ryo bakura didnt have enough character development but I would prefer the above two

I know they're from filler, but I would like to see some of the Orichalcos Henchmen return in some capacity, along with the Schroeders. I always liked their characters.

also ryo bakura didnt have enough character development but I would prefer the above two

I wanna see Raphael return from Season 4! He was AWESOME

Also, as a quick question: am I allowed to make a second character? Mind you, he'd have both a Synchro and Xyz monster, but I'd obviously send you the info on him before I posted him here, to make sure I didn't clutter things, and that he was up to your standards.

Js, what I have now is that he's a roughback from the streets of Detroit and his deck revolves around cards.

(Yes he'd have Card Car D in his deck.)

Also, as a quick question: am I allowed to make a second character? Mind you, he'd have both a Synchro and Xyz monster, but I'd obviously send you the info on him before I posted him here, to make sure I didn't clutter things, and that he was up to your standards.

If you feel you can portray a second character, without degrading the current quality of your posts, I’m happy for you to post another application. Just remember to put the full appearance in it this time.

If you feel you can portray a second character, without degrading the current quality of your posts, I’m happy for you to post another application. Just remember to put the full appearance in it this time.

Thank you for the confirmation.

And are you confusing me for Epic? Because, ah, I put my full Physical Description in. I don't remember you having to remind me. You might've, though. :?

I'll keep it in mind.

I can't. Sorry. I'm about to see if Emfur can make his way to Kaiba's main office. I don't think I'll be able to make it up there easily, but who knows.

You're good, man. In that case, i'm just gonna have my character do his own thing until something dramatic happens at Kaibacorp! :D

EDIT: I'm just gonna spectate for a little bit now, since I don't think my character would be involved in this situation at the moment.

Archived