Silent Paladin (VJMP)

134247jl2nb112sd5z2zsg.jpg?resize=206%2C

VJMP-JP117
Chinmoku no Madou Senshi – Silent Paladin (Silent Magical Swordsman – Silent Paladin)
Silent Paladin
Level 4 LIGHT Fairy-Type Effect Monster
ATK 500
DEF 1500
(1) If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 “Silent Swordsman LV3” or “Silent Magician LV4” from your Deck to your hand.
(2) Only once while this card is face-up on the field, when only 1 monster you control is targeted by a Spell Card: You can negate that activation.
(3) If this card on the field is destroyed (by battle or by your opponent’s card effect): You can target 1 LIGHT “LV” monster in your Graveyard; add that monster to your hand.

Card is honestly, really really sheet.

This is just really terribly bad. What spells even exist that target monsters that are remotely used, outside of Lance/Chalice. And then that not even strong effect being oncer per ever is baffling. The search and recycle effects are inherently not bad but they're not good either. If it was just sent to the grave recycle an LV monster that'd have been cool.

Yay. LV has become a more supported archetype.

It searches Silent Swordsman and Silent Magician when it is NS'd, protects your monsters from Spells that target, and floats by recovering a LIGHT LV monster.

Field Monster Reincarnation is always nice.

I honestly can't believe this was a a PROMO too.

Like who at Konami HQ took a look at this and said "Yeah, I think it's fine. Release it."?

Konami hasn't produced something so incredibly dreadful in quite awhile.

There isn't even any combo potential or anything, as far as I can tell. Complete trash.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Well... At least she looks good in terms of aesthetics.

The fact that she is probably going to be less on demand for her effect makes her more accessible for us people that just appreciate card art.

But, yeah on the serious note... Nobody is going to run those lower level "LV" monsters either. So she really has about as much value as Yado Karu. :P

You know what honestly would have made this card really something?

If it counted as a Warrior/Spellcaster, and then instead of searching Lvl3 and Lvl4, it just straight up searched any Silent Swordsman/Magician. I mean, that way you could get Silent Swordsman/Magician to the field right away, and just go from there.

The art is beautiful... And that's it.

I mean, come on! Look at it! Look at it! I WANT YOU ALL TO LOOK AT IT!

Why is it fairy? If it was a Warrior, I could Summon it, thin my deck a bit, and tribute it for Silent Swordsman.

Why does it only have 500 ATK? This doesn't even follow the flavor of the other two. Why doesn't it gain attack? I mean, if it was like... 1500 or above, at least it could be a beatstick.

Why can I only negate a spell only once, and why when only it targets? That's bad. Really bad.

That art is wasted on a card like this.

I could make a better "Silent" support card in five minutes. In fact, I did.

Silent Paladin

Level 4

Light

Warrior-type

1700 / 100

1) This card is also treated as Spellcaster-type on the Field or in the Graveyard. 

2) When this card is Summoned: add 1 LIGHT "Silent" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

3) If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: banish it; Special Summon 1 LIGHT "Silent" monster from your hand, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

I could make a better "Silent" support card in five minutes. In fact, I did.

Well yes, by breaking the rule of 1900 ATK, you did indeed make a better card.

OT: There must be something about this card that I'm missing.

*Looks again*

Nope, no there isn't. :/

Archived