Armor Cards: HELP!

ChampionZero

The Inspiration: See, I was thinking about Xyz Monsters -as I often do- and wondered why there isn't an Xyz equivalent to Armory Arm. Then I wondered if you can Equip things to Tokens, and THEN I started thinking about Tokens with Ranks, and then it all clamped together like freaking Carbon atoms and formed a clear-cut diamond of a concept in my mind's eye.

The Idea: I summon/activate a card. The card's effect summons a flimsy Token with a Rank,  and then it attaches (not equips, attaches) to the Token, giving it an effect and a stat boost. Pretty simple. I'm thinking I want to call this an "Armor Card."

Problem: I suck at card text and OCG, as most people who interact with me on here have already noticed. So if someone could help me polish this concept before I use it, that would be awesome and I would be super grateful.

OK, then this can work that way instead. Wonderful.

So basically:

Card is activated.

Token is Summoned.

Card equips onto Token,

Token gains ATK and DEF boost and maybe a special ability.

OR, more powerful ones:

Card is activated,

Special Summon a specific Xyz Monster, probably non-effect.

Card attaches to Xyz Monster.

Xyz Monster gains a Special Ability!

I feel like a Trap would be unfair, but a Monster would just basically be a Union with a special summoning effect. So I'm thinking they'll be exclusively Spell cards.

Any suggestions on how to write this out? Should it be a low-level monster instead of a Token, or...

Here,

[spoiler=Basic]Special Summon 1 'Shadow Beast' Token (DARK, Beast-type, Level 3, ATK 800, DEF 1000), Equip this card to it: the equipped monster gains 800 ATK, 900 DEF, and this effect, When this card attacks a DEF position monster inflict piercing battle damage.

[spoiler=More powerful]Special summon a rank 3 or lower monster from your extra deck, it gains the following effect, when this card send a card by battle or by its effect, this card gains 100 ATK.

Only way I think it could be written, when Counter looks at this i'm sure he will fix some OCG if I made any mistakes.

btw, its only the effect.

It sounds like a portal type card. The spell card opens a portal and a monster pops out and is strengthened as long as the portal remains open.

I will say make it a token. By it being a spell card, a token seems the best so it'll be balanced.

Are they continuous or are they normal/quick-plays?

True, Spell Counter. This would allow for instant tribute fodder, but most cards that SS because your opponent has monsters and you don't provide the same advantage. I don't see this as much different. I'm planning to use this concept for an archetype for a RP I want to join.

I'm sure you could attach to tokens as Xyz Material, you would just have to create a special kind of token (This is experimental, after all). Perhaps create a new kind of thing called an Armor Token, and attach as Armor Material?

Power Form

Normal Spell

Special Summon 1 "Armor Token" (Warrior-Type/LIGHT/Rank 4/ATK 2500/DEF 2000), then attach this card to that Token as Armor Material. You cannot Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect. While attached to an "Armor Token", that Token gains this effect:

-This card cannot be targeted by monster effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Armor Material from this card, then target 1 card on the field; banish it.

Or, if you don't want to use tokens:

Soul Rebirth

Normal Spell

Special Summon 1 "(specific non-effect xyz monster)" from your Extra Deck, then attach this card to it as Xyz Material (This Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.) That monster cannot be Tributed or used as Xyz Material for a Summon. While attached to a monster as Xyz Material, that monster gains this effect:

-This card cannot be targeted by monster effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card on the field; banish it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived