Cocoon of Calamity (because Insects are so UNDER. FLIPPING. SUPPORTED.)

Do you like Insects? Do you like how they're only given to shrimpy, banshee-sounding, third-wheel sideshows and uber-sexy yanderes for Zane Truesdale? Do you like how they've been given the shaft in every real-life archetype that's had em? 

WELL I DON'T (like the last two anyways. I mean, I do like Insects too. Not the real ones, though, I mean-like they're hubcap-sized and somehow find ways in my HOUSE though gaps in my thrice-sealed AC partitions and buzz in on my MONITORS and in my EARS and in my FLIPPING FOOD like they think its PRIME REAL ESTATE-) somehow lost my train of thought here.

Oh yeah. Moths. Great ones. Let's make 'em usable.

ROLL IT!

[spoiler=Cocoon of Calamity]

cocoon_of_calamity_by_bdsceptyr-da5mkbj.

EARTH/Insect-Type Effect/Level 3/0 ATK/2000 DEF

Lore: You can Tribute this card and 1 Insect-Type monster in your hand: Special Summon 2 Insect-Type monsters from your Deck with the same Level in face-up Defense Position, but destroy them during the End Phase. If you have 3 copies of "Cocoon of Calamity" total, either banished and/or in your Graveyard(combined): You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Insect-Type "Moth" monster from your hand or Graveyard, ignoring its Summoning conditions, then halve the ATK of all other monsters currently on the field. You can only use 1 "Cocoon of Calamity" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Comment, criticize, you know the drill, let's get to spelunking.

BDS, signing off.

*Also, I wish to present a link to its Insect supporting ally, Insect Paratroopers of the Sky: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/353608-insect-paratroopers-of-the-sky-insect-love-ftw/

Being able to drop a perfectly ultimate great Moth, and having some generic support similar to lonefire. This would combo well with digital bugs and Inzektors. Allowing for some fun combos. Good balanced especially for I sect-Types who get no support

The exact purpose of this card, understood immediately. Not often that happens, 'specially with a card as wordy as this.

Really, thank you.

I think the ATK halve is kind of needless for this card. It seems like overkill. Though, the other effects are fine. It's nice finally being able to Summon Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth.

Probably right. But its chained to the summon of the moth, and the Great Moths are vanilla heavy. Plus I wanted a Great Moth that worked like the one in Duelist of the Roses, where it dropped ATK each turn. Think its worth changing? 'Cause I'll do it.

Probably right. But its chained to the summon of the moth, and the Great Moths are vanilla heavy. Plus I wanted a Great Moth that worked like the one in Duelist of the Roses, where it dropped ATK each turn. Think its worth changing? 'Cause I'll do it.

Oh yeah! Since no one else has really said anything about that effect, I guess it's fine. Besides, Insects don't have leg to stand on.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived