[spoiler=Cybernetic Assistance]

Name: Patricia Rhodes

Epithet: The Cyber Cheetah

Orientation: Undisclosed, but more comfortable around women.

Crew Role: Field Engineer

Appearance: Patricia at a 6'7" and weighs about 175 lbs. with her cybernetic legs which, while detached from her body, takes about 125 lbs. and 4 feet off her. Her cybernetic legs have a yellow color to them which, mixed with her exceptional speed while using them, is why some refer to her as a human cheetah. Patricia has a light tan skin tone and a lean figure from her times working as a salt farmer on Willow. She used to have long, black hair but had to cut it short so she wouldn't have any accidents working with machines or tools. She also has dark green eyes and usually wears a black jacket over a white t-shirt when she's not working. She doesn't wear pants on account of her lower body being nothing but robotics, so that's one less piece of clothing she doesn't have to pack.

Personality: Patricia has a bit of a quiet personality, in a sense that she's not such a big talker. She's happy to make a few friends here and there but feels embarrassed at how she's seen as having a disability. Because, her cybernetic legs aren't exactly waterproof, Patricia cant help but feel sad that she'll never get to experience swimming in the waters of Willow, or any water for that matter as it comes to no surprise that bathing is kind of an issue too, she would ask for help, but she feels weird even thinking about it. Patricia is prone to stare off into her thoughts when something catches her attention, so her attention span isn't all too great, unless she's focusing on her work. She has a deep hatred towards the OSC for what they did to Willow and to her during the three year War of Independence. She would gladly take an opportunity to fight the OSC, if she had the chance. Though she'll have to settle with helping her fellow crew members with any tasks she is given.

Background: Patricia lived a relatively normal life on the planet Willow, living out on her family's salt farm with her Mother and Brother. At the age of 15, she showed a knack for engineering, as she would fix up any of the machines on the farm with ease. Some people on Willow saw her as a engineering prodigy and said she could use these engineering skills in the future. When Patricia was 21 years old, she had already taken over her family's salt farm and by age 28, she had made a name for herself as being one of the best engineers on Willow. However, things took a turn for the worst when the War of Independence started. When the majority of the war came to Willow, an OSC bomb blasted Patricia's home.

When Patricia came to, she was in a medical bay being watched over by her brother. Their mother however, had died in the explosion and Patricia had lost her lower body, which was now replaced by a detachable pair of cybernetic legs. The legs and medical aid costed a lot of money and with the farm completely destroyed by the war, Patricia had nowhere to go. However, opportunity struck when Patricia heard about a salvage company called Red Dust, with her skills as an engineer, she could make a new life with Red Dust. With a burned photo and a EPHC as farewell gifts from her brother, Patricia set off for her new life with the adventurous salvage company.

Weapon: EPHC (Electro Pulse Hand Cannon), a customized hand cannon made more towards knocking out rather than to kill. Can be overcharged for a killing shot, but the gun must cooldown for five minutes afterwards.

Inventory:

[*] A half burnt photo of her, her mother, and her brother.

[*] A pack containing odds and ends including: spare cybernetic parts, a notebook and several pencils, and headphones.

Aptitudes:

[*]Keen Hearing: Has very keen hearing thanks to her sensitive ears, but any abnormally loud noises can deafen her.

[*]Skilled Engineer: Can easily repair or make any machine if given the time and resources.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two notes:

1) I aim to have apps accepted by Monday evening and the IC up shortly after. Please have your application complete by then: otherwise I can't guarantee I will accept you.

2) Projectile weapons in this RP are kinetic only. No plasma or lasers or anything. If your character has one of these types of weapons, please adjust accordingly.

Our lovely crew has been finalized. Please see below.

• Aadil al Bashir (Skip)
  • AXLE (Shradow)
  • Hanna Tam (Rinne)
  • Ky Tostensson (Mako)
  • Kokko Tostensson (Mako)
  • Nils Atanah-Ili (Elly)
  • Skylar "Birdie" Ryan (Joe)

Nai and cardlover3, while I appreciated your characters I just didn't see a place for them in the crew. Please PM me if you require a further explanation.

IC thread will be written and hopefully posted by this time tomorrow, if not earlier.

Does Skylar's "Birdie" nickname come from the fact that historically, canaries were used in coal mines to detect harmful gases?

EDIT: So we're going with the "Meeting at a tavern/inn/pub/etc." start, can't go wrong with the classics.

@Shradow: Neato. Also, do I have your Skype name? Don't think I do.

But to get down to brass tacks, I'm going on vacation Mon-Sat of next week. May squeeze out a single short post in that time, but no promises. I'll be on Skype so we can shoot the sheet on RP direction, but don't expect me to be 100% focused. lol when am i even

Does Skylar's "Birdie" nickname come from the fact that historically, canaries were used in coal mines to detect harmful gases?

EDIT: So we're going with the "Meeting at a tavern/inn/pub/etc." start, can't go wrong with the classics.

YES! SO GLAD SOMEBODY GOT IT

[spoiler=Special Message from the skype chat, for those who are not in it]

[7/9/16, 10:25:32 PM] Mako: Last night, I sent a (tired and likely delirious) Joe (Majoras) a message saying that the interceptor that is currently harassing the Red Witch is not large, or looming. I asked him to fix it.

However, it is likely that he didn’t catch it as we went to bed. Whoops. Which means that Richard Killface over there (Timeskipper) ended up repeating his misinformation in the post.
[7/9/16, 10:25:36 PM] Mako: This needs to be fixed.
[7/9/16, 10:25:46 PM] Mako: However, during work, I also realized that not everyone is a military nerd
[7/9/16, 10:25:51 PM] Mako: so there are some things I need to explain.
[7/9/16, 10:27:31 PM] Mako: 1. An interceptor aircraft, or simply interceptor, is a type of fighter aircraft designed specifically to prevent successful missions by enemy aircraft, particularly bombers and reconnaissance aircraft. There are two general classes of interceptor: relatively lightweight aircraft built for high performance, and heavier aircraft designed to fly at night or in adverse weather and operate over longer ranges. (Quoth Wikipedia)

AKA, they are small, one-man craft. This particular model is only a fraction of the size of the Red Witch (1/10 at best), so it is far from being large.
[7/9/16, 10:28:56 PM] Mako: 2. Strafing is the military practice of attacking ground targets from low-flying aircraft using aircraft-mounted automatic weapons[1] ranging from machine guns (5mm to 20mm) to autocannons or rotary cannons (typically 20mm to 37mm). This means that, although ground attack using automatic weapons fire is very often accompanied with bombing or rocket fire, the term "strafing" does not specifically include the last two. (Quoth the wikipedia again)

In other words, the Interceptor cannot be looming, because it is constantly flying by, firing at targets, and pulling up, constantly moving so as to make it a harder target to hit.

I'm not trying to make it a big deal, but I wanted to be thorough. It's how I roll.

Hey Shradow would you mind letting me control AXLE for my post (just Nils taking an explosive from him)? I have an idea for my next post, which will include Nils taking out the interceptor and I need AXLE for a tiny part of it.

No problem, stuff like that is fine. I chucked your character over a bar, after all.

Heads up, here's a lovely piece of lore from our friend Mako. Will be using it in the upcoming RP post.

Ghouls: In many industrial and military starships, androids of both the intelligent and unintelligent variety are common in use of maintenance, ship running, reorganization, and much more.

However, in the event of a ship’s destruction, by whatever means, the fate of most androids is shared by the majority crew: death and destruction. Or in their case, permanent deactivation. However, unlike humans, androids have the advantage of being able to function without oxygen or food for an extended period of time. This leads to the fairly common phenomenon of partially functioning androids inhabiting wreck sites or floating debris fields, known to salvagers and pirates as “Ghouls.”

In some situations, it is possible to communicate with android ghouls, but due to the combination of trauma from ship destruction and energy drain with limited resources, most ghouls appear as decrepit, moaning wrecks that meander around their original ship site. While most are generally passive, many will get aggressive if they detect sufficient amount of electrical power that they could siphon. As such, even if no other salvagers are around, those messing around in salvage sites need to work with caution.

• 3 weeks later...

So bad news, guys. Like really bad news.

The paper pad on which I was keeping my plot notes got accidentally thrown out yesterday while I was helping my folks clean house. Only found this out today when I was gonna sit down and start writing stuff up. Nobody's at fault, but I feel so, well... blah about it all that it sorta killed any desire of mine to jumpstart this thing back up again and get posting. So I'm electing to cancel the RP. My apologies. Feel free to jabroni at me about being a bad host and all: we've all done it to each other at some point anyways. I think I'm gonna be taking a break from RP hosting for a while now anyways, since apparently I give everything the kiss of death. [/selfdeprecation]

Anyways, that's the long and short of it. Not gonna give any more details because there's nothing else to bring up. Once again, my apologies if people wanted to continue, but a ship can't steer without the captain at the helm, so to speak.

Archived