Malefic Intent (A DARK-summoning Field Spell...nuff said.)

Black D'Sceptyr

Yeah, I'm not feeling the Malefics. They want to be good with their whole free Summoning under a Field Spell thing, and that works (read: with Malefic Cyber End and Revolving Trainyard) but they go ahead and mess the bed with their 1-a-turn attacking, 1-at-any-time-having, needy-as-hell limitations that make me wonder why I expended the resources to begin with. 

I know what you're about to say-oh yeah, that's only when you use the vanilla ones, the second Malefic Stardust gets its protective mojo up then meow meow meow meow I want chicken I want liver long story short, most aren't gonna let you have that glory, and you're only deluding yourself thinking otherwise.

For the Malefics to be worth the time they take liberty with, they need a Field Spell worth the wait. Something that works to provide for their user. Something that can be worth protecting with that Mal-Star you have on hand. Something like....

....Chicken Game. 

BUT! 

When that isn't getting the banhammer chucked at it, maybe a couple choice monsters and THIS card, can suffice.

[spoiler=Malefic Intent]

malefic_intent_by_bdsceptyr-da5p4l6.png

Field Spell Card 

Lore: Activate only at the start of your Main Phase 1 or 2. Cannot be targeted by card effects if your opponent controls a face-up Spell Card. You cannot activate or Set other Field Spell Cards. Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase: You can destroy 1 face-up Level 10 or lower monster on the field, and if you do, Special Summon 1 DARK monster from your hand or Deck to its controller's field with the same Type and Level as that destroyed monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

(P.S. Yes, I know Malefics ALREADY have a Field Spell. I also know everyone else has Twin Twisters/Galaxy Cyclone/Cosmic Cyclone/insert other field-wrecking poison pill here. So to counter that countermeasure, THIS.)

Cardart ain't mine, though you knew that. 

BDS, signing off.

*Refixed Malefic Intent's Field Spell effect, and streamlined the last one. Thank Megamaw's kind words for this improved product.

As someone who plays Malefics, let me have a look-see, here. 

"Activate only at the start of your Main Phase 1 or 2."

I can only imagine there's a reason for this restriction. Let's see.

Cannot be targeted by card effects if your opponent controls a face-up Spell Card. 

So, uh, an... anti-Pendulum effect? I guess it also works against Kozmos, and other decks that like their field spells, but nothing's really popping at me yet.

You cannot activate or Set other Spell Cards.

Yikes! I know I really like having my spell cards like Machine Dupe, Trade In, and Melody of Awakening Dragon, so this better be a really incredible card, here. I can't even play another field spell over it. So far, it's just restrictions, and a self-protecting continuous.

Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase: You can target 1 face-up Level 10 or lower non-DARK monster on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, Special Summon 1 DARK monster from your hand or Deck to its controller's field with the same Type and Level as that destroyed monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

And now, I am absolutely baffled. How would this be used in Maleifcs? Am I supposed to run Barbaros just so I can summon a level 8 Malefic from the deck? Wait, that doesn't even work. Huh.

There's also a lot of weird stuff you can summon with terms as broad as '10 or lower DARK monster, from the deck, ignoring Summoning Restrictions'-- a lot of maindeck Nomis are DARK.

I briefly thought 'oh, maybe I'm supposed to use my Malefics to summon other stuff', but I can't use DARK monsters, so you clearly want me to use harder to summon monsters to summon Malefics.

To be perfectly frank, I don't get it.

Kee

As someone who plays Malefics, let me have a look-see, here. 

"Activate only at the start of your Main Phase 1 or 2."

I can only imagine there's a reason for this restriction. Let's see.

Cannot be targeted by card effects if your opponent controls a face-up Spell Card. 

So, uh, an... anti-Pendulum effect? I guess it also works against Kozmos, and other decks that like their field spells, but nothing's really popping at me yet.

You cannot activate or Set other Spell Cards.

Yikes! I know I really like having my spell cards like Machine Dupe, Trade In, and Melody of Awakening Dragon, so this better be a really incredible card, here. I can't even play another field spell over it. So far, it's just restrictions, and a self-protecting continuous.

Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase: You can target 1 face-up Level 10 or lower non-DARK monster on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, Special Summon 1 DARK monster from your hand or Deck to its controller's field with the same Type and Level as that destroyed monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

And now, I am absolutely baffled. How would this be used in Maleifcs? Am I supposed to run Barbaros just so I can summon a level 8 Malefic from the deck? Wait, that doesn't even work. Huh.

There's also a lot of weird stuff you can summon with terms as broad as '10 or lower DARK monster, from the deck, ignoring Summoning Restrictions'-- a lot of maindeck Nomis are DARK.

I briefly thought 'oh, maybe I'm supposed to use my Malefics to summon other stuff', but I can't use DARK monsters, so you clearly want me to use harder to summon monsters to summon Malefics.

To be perfectly frank, I don't get it.

I understand. Let me elaborate. 

Activating this at the start is for the same reason as Semi Spell Zone-anything that allows you this much advantage has to be brought up first. The inconvenience is the drawback.

Protection is for basically everything short of IGNIIIISTER coming at this. That's actually big to put on a Field Spell, especially a Malefic supporting one. (Ask ANY Kozmo ship above Level 7.)

The cannot acti-oh bollocks, that was supposed to say other FIELD Spell Cards. I'll work on fixing that immediately.

And the final effect...well, that is not just restricted to YOUR field. Your opponent will likely bring out some stuff too, and if you have an adequately Leveled DARK monster in the Deck....well, their play just got disrupted. Especially if its a Tuner monster. PSY-Frames, Dracoslayer, even Aromaseraphy go down to this. It just requies a broad base of your own support, that's all. And considering Summoning conditions are ignored, if you summon a Malefic over 1 of their Synchro/Fusion Rank 8s....and they have no Field Spell...

Think of the Kaijus when you think of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived