Where the Wild Things Star (yeah, I liked the book too)

Black D'Sceptyr

So, I thought that the triage of Beast Types could use some love. And i thought, maybe the ENTIRE game need a crucial element brought into it to herald this revival!

And even though the anime has its black spots, it also does use some gimmickry well. Like trivia. Yes, starting with Question and Reversal Quiz, being able to leave some stuff to chance can indeed help duelists more often   slightly more often minisculely m fine, those two and Reasoning are the only three that see the inside of  a self-respecting Deck, I GET IT.

So let's bring you another way to use trivia against your foe!

AS WE ALL FINALLY FIND OUT....

[spoiler=Where the Wild Things Star]

where_the_wild_things_star_by_bdsceptyr-

Normal Spell Card

Lore: If you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 Beast, 1 Beast-Warrior, and 1 Winged-Beast-Type monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard with the same Level, but you cannot Summon more than one monster from the same place, also their effects are negated. Immediately after this effect resolves,  your opponent must guess the name of the first Spell/Trap Card at the bottom of their Graveyard, (without checking), and if they guess incorrectly, Xyz Summon 1 Xyz Monster using those 3 monsters only, otherwise destroy those monsters. You can only activate 1 "Where the Wild Things Star" per turn.

Anyways, read, review, admire the adorableness of that center-pic in the card I don't own, and get to spelunking with the drill I'm sure you all know by now.

BDS...signing off. 

WITH THIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP7C5-aKORA

Guest BGMCANN0N

While I admire the audacity to make an effect that requires your opponent to... Guess an artist of a song. :P I think this is more classified as a joke card because it requires an external factor to a game that is definitely not recognized (the most external we are going to get are either dice or coins), and is already inherently problematic because... If your opponent doesn't share the same knowledge, know your song preferences to have a good guess, or aren't a song-to-artist know-it-all, they are totally going to lose out on this. Not to mention there are some song titles out in the world that actually have the same name ,  but different artist. Which at that point what does your opponent do: do they just try to read your mind (and cry) or do they list all known Artist that use the same song title?

Guest BGMCANN0N

If you still go the trivia route, it has to be something within the game that your opponent has the chance to acknowledge or study, and even then the +2 into a 3 mat Xyz is risky. While there is one existing card that is somewhat a trivia in itself: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Question

It does things that are important to notice:

• The knowledge is something one can accumulate from the game if they were paying attention.
  • It doesn't explode badly on your opponent when they guess wrong.

Yeah, I've figured 3 Mat Xyz's are a pain: (read: Geargia Change) I though the destruction was also beneficial to some of those decks too-see Fire Kings. And the arrival from different places may be tough to maintain for a Deck that runs all 3 Attributes-which is why I want to keep the chances of my opponent easily ruining it at a bit of a minimum.

But alas! I have already modified the card to the new specs. Take a look.

Archived