Neon Chaser (Symphonics and Gustos and Speedroids, OH MY!)

Black D'Sceptyr

neon_chaser_by_bdsceptyr-da6edz8.png

[spoiler=Neon Chaser - Errata]

WIND/Psychic-Type Pendulum Effect/Level 3/500 ATK/1800 DEF

Scales: 4/4

Pendulum Lore: When this card is activated: You can target 1 other face-up card you control: banish that target, and if you do, draw 1 card. When a monster(s) you control are banished: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; once this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. You can only use each effect of "Neon Chaser" once per turn.

Lore: Once per turn: You can target 2 of your banished cards and 1 Set card your opponent controls; shuffle the first targets into the Deck, and if you do, banish the second target. When this card you control is destroyed (by battle or by a card effect), you can add 1 card banished by the effect of "Neon Chaser" to your hand. A WIND Synchro, Xyz or Fusion Monster that was Summoned using this card on the field as a Material gains this effect.
• Cards cannot be banished except by, or to activate, the effects of WIND monsters.

Because sometimes, awesomeness on legs (and supercharged neon blades that can cut a b**** like no tomorrow) doesn't need an intro to sell it.

Read, review, you know the drill, let's go a' huntin for those diamonds. Besides this one, I mean.

BDS signing off.

UPDATE: Re-did the card to be more compatico with her sister from another mister, Neon Spotter. She'll be close by on the page. Hopefully.

holy titties, Batman.

The scale effect is...........bad. I see what you were going for, but it's really not helpful at all. It's using a card to lose two cards, in essence. Also, there's always Dust Tornado (bad example, but there are definitely trap removal cards), so if it dies while you've got a bunch of cards banished, well, rip.

On the other hand, the Monster effect is pretty good. I'm not fond of your opponent being able to chain to it, even though you can recycle, but the second effect is really useful against Monarch and Kozmo, or perhaps a few others. Unfortunately, the card in and of itself isn't a tuner, so I'm not sure what use it would have. You could give it a "cannot be used as a material for a summon, except for a WIND Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster's summon" clause to prevent too much splashability, but then again, it's a scale 4, which is really weird and often hard to play with.

Obvious cards this could make would include Crystal/Clear Wing, Stardust Dragon, and Totem Bird. If you prefer Lightning Chidori, you could make this a Level 4, which would make it even better as a tuner, since there are so few level 4 tuners.

Thanks for the sharp words, mate. I thought originally about using Neon Chaser's discard Pendulum Effect to bring the banished cards to the Graveyard, then the thought of Zombies riding this to the top of the nationals list (since this is compatible with Emergency Teleport and would be the new Krebons) gave me twitching fits. If you have anything exact that I could modify the Pendulum effect to in order to better use the effect with the rest of Neon Chaser's strategy, feel free. I'm always open to options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived