Immaterial Hunger

Brimtosis

0Q9bGxD.jpg

If a monster is Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Pendulum Summoned: Pay 3000 LP; negate the Summon, then apply the appropriate effect:
•Pendulum Summon: Banish the 2 cards in that player's Pendulum Zone and all monsters that were Summoned.
•Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Summon: Banish that monster and any monsters used as Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Material. 

I am very unsure about the OCG here, probably worded this all kinds of wrong, so help with that would be nice. Also not sure on the balance.

If a monster is Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Pendulum Summoned: Pay 1000 LP; negate the Summon, then apply the appropriate effect.

• Pendulum Summon: Banish the 2 cards in that player's Pendulum Zone and all monsters that were Summoned.
  • Ritual Summon: Banish that monster and any monsters Tributed to Ritual Summon it.
  • Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Summon: Banish that monster and any monsters used as Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Material. 

-----

In a way, this is a strictly better version of Solemn Notice (barring that regular Main Deck monsters like vanillas and effect monsters can get around it). Pendulum is effectively Notice + Wavering Eyes (and a little reminder that Eyes got banned a while back).

In terms of the Ritual one, note that some cards like Kaleidomirror do not Tribute monsters, but rather send (that, and stuff like Samsara exists which will send stuff back to the Deck). Really should say monsters Tributed to Ritual Summon that monster in the Graveyard. I shouldn't be talking about Nekroz in Casual, but they do have some things that need to be addressed with regards to this. 

Last one pretty much banishes everything, and again, pretty much should specify the Graveyard (as there are some exceptions that allow the user to banish from field/Graveyard or like Parallel World, return things to the Deck). 

-----

Overall though, this card is REALLY overpowered and needs some nerfing (note that Notice/Strike costs 1500 LP; this is only 1000). 

You don't normally negate the Ritual Summon since it's being conducted during a Ritual Spell resolving. Instead, you activate this card in response to a Ritual Spell's activation. And because the monsters don't get or you don't see what Ritual's coming out until the Spell is resolving, you cannot correctly hit the Tributes or potential monster that will be Summoned.

As a result, since this card needs to hit a Ritual Spell, a different side effect is necessary.

Otherwise, well, it's bloody good. 1000 LP is trivial if I slam not just the monster that's coming out but the cards that have enabled it. It easily turns into a 3-for-1 at minimum, dealing with not just the monster but also ensuring at least 2 more are lost and cannot be easily retrieved (with a few exceptions). Severely crank up the cost for this, 3000 should be about par considering that 2000 will still make it better than Solemn Warning.

Thank you both for helping me out. Don't know why I thought 1000 was high enough, what with 7 Tools only destroying 1 card for the cost of 1000. I don't know how to word the Ritual Element for this card, so I shall think over that for the time being. Hopefully the card is better, and not as broken.

CARD EDITS:

- Changed the OCG so that it was worded properly.

- Increased the cost to 3000 Life Points

- Removed the Ritual Monster clause

Now that it's 3000, it's definitely more balanced while still being good. It achieves the same thing as Solemn Scolding, but doesn't negate effects outside of Rituals and maybe Pendulums, but you can use it while you have other Set cards. They may just have different uses, even though they're all in all balanced.

On the other hand, I don't know how often I'd like to see it, since Solemn Warning, I'd argue, is better. Even though it doesn't get rid of the materials, it can negate pretty much any summon or card that summons, while this only negates Game Mechanic summons. With that said, though, some Decks would hate not to be able to get their materials back (but not all), so it's definitely helpful in that respect. Oh, and it banishes. Rip pkba.

...um, move to Advanced? This seems like a very competitive card.

I think this card could get away with 2000 L.P cost just like Solemn Warning cause it balances out the same , where as solemn warning negates any summon but nothing more , this cArd only negates certain types but makes up for it by affecting the monsters associated in making those summons , which can be effective if used at right time. But just don't see this card being much playable cause the high L.P. cost unless you can use it early in duel while L.P. are high enough but wouldn't be smart to weaken yourself later in duel just to banish a few monsters, unless it can set you up to win duel

I'd willingly give up 3000 LP to smash at least 3 monsters at one go, especially if they're part of an engine that would cost me even more if left unchecked. Several players are willing to give up a fair bit of their LP for a mass revival via Soul Charge, at a rate of 1000 per monster, so this rate is about par for removal.

Considering the prevalence of Extra Deck Summons (ignoring what Kozmo and Monarchs do) in the game these days, it's not unusual to see an opening to use this card. If you're also running Ariadne in the P-Zone this card becomes super, super free as you bypass the cost to activate any Counter Trap.

Archived