Dokidoki (Anger Earthenware)-INOV

Dokidoki-INOV-JP-OP.png

INOV-JP032 怒気土器 Dokidoki
Level 2 EARTH Rock-Type Effect Monster
ATK 500
DEF 500
You can only use the effect of “Dokidoki” once per turn.
(1) You can discard 1 Rock-Type monster; Special Summon 1 Rock-Type monster with the same Attribute and Level as the discarded monster, in Attack Position or face-down Defense Position.

https://ygorganization.com/inov-dokidoki-and-dimension-barrier/

It summons from the deck by the way.

Also, the card is amazing, now we just need more Level 3 LIGHT Rocks to make it consistent with Dice Jar.

The fact it can summon stuff with the same name as the discarded card is very nice.

It looks like it will provide a lot of consistency to Rock based strategies.

>Same Attribute

Was that honestly necessary?

I mean Rocks are like 95% EARTH, with a very small percentage of them being other Attributes; the later of which has some obscure stuff, but it's hardly gamebreaking.

So why the need to deny the later any potential?

Furthermore... Why isn't This a 3? :/

Yas! New almost-favorite card for my favorite type! This card helps Rocks so much.

Electromagnets are particularly notable as a mini-archetype of level 3 EARTHs meaning this can turn Block Golem/Sentry/Each other/(maybe)Tramid Hunter into any of the Electromagnets. Aside from them, there's Koaki Morris and Gogogos that can be tutored into each other or other members of their archetype.

This thing could age really well if Konami continues to build up Rocks as they've been doing.

Should be a Tuner

Totally agreed.

It's sad we still don't have a Rock-Type Tuner to this day :/

That said, I appreciate the fact that Konami is promoting the type the right way this time, instead of repeating the fiasco from the days of Invincible Fortress...

And considering the rhythm by which they're revealing INOV's content, I wonder why they just don't go ahead and release the complete spoiler for the set in advance (yes, I know why they won't do it, it's just a hyperbole :P).

why the funk is there no rock type tuner

surely with all the electric related rocks, tuning forks, and so on, there could be on, so genuinely, what the funk

Only non-Divine Beast/Creator God type without a tuner, and I believe every type has multiples.

Though it is annoying that there isn't a rock-type tuner, I'm kinda glad this card isn't a tuner. It'd be way too open in its Synchro abilities in conjunction with its effect imo (especially in comparison with other tuners).

I just had a thought if this was indeed a tuner:

Needed: This (+ a level 3 EARTH discard) + a monster recovery card.

Activate this: discard a level 3 -> Summon "The Earth, Hex Sealed Fusion" (or, if Earth is in hand, discard it for another level 3)

Synch this + Earth/level 3 into Naturia Beast

Recovery card into "The Earth"

Fuse into Exterio

Profit???

(note: I'm not saying this combo is the reason it shouldn't be a tuner, but sharing just something it could do had it been one)

Question: is this on Ygopro yet? Haven't been able to get on in a few days, but I really wanna test this.

Though it is annoying that there isn't a rock-type tuner, I'm kinda glad this card isn't a tuner. It'd be way too open in its Synchro abilities in conjunction with its effect imo (especially in comparison with other tuners).

I just had a thought if this was indeed a tuner:

Needed: This (+ a level 3 EARTH discard) + a monster recovery card.

Activate this: discard a level 3 -> Summon "The Earth, Hex Sealed Fusion" (or, if Earth is in hand, discard it for another level 3)

Synch this + Earth/level 3 into Naturia Beast

Recovery card into "The Earth"

Fuse into Exterio

Profit???

(note: I'm not saying this combo is the reason it shouldn't be a tuner, but sharing just something it could do had it been one)

Question: is this on Ygopro yet? Haven't been able to get on in a few days, but I really wanna test this.

It just got fixed. I actually tried this card + the EARTH Barrier Statue and it seems legit with the Koa'ki stun monsters plus Ties of the Brethen. I want to test this with The Earth too, if only Imperion Magnum could be summoned by it, that would be great for Magnets.

Does this have anything to do with Super Mario Bros. 2 USA?

Real Talk, though: This thing is funking nuts. Tramids and Koa'ki Meiru will worship this thing as their new god, and rightfully so. Discarding a Koa'ki to SS one more appropriate for the situation? Holy sheet, that's good.

Im just going to throw caution to the wind-

Since this is "Anger Earthenware", I'm wonder if we will either get more Earthenwares of various emotions OR '[insert emotion here] [insert Attribute here]ware' monsters. Because This card honestly seems like the starting point of something.

Real Talk, though: This thing is funking nuts. Tramids and Koa'ki Meiru will worship this thing as their new god, and rightfully so. Discarding a Koa'ki to SS one more appropriate for the situation? Holy sheet, that's good.

No, no, no.

Tramid needs A LOT more than this to see presence.

Koa'ki Meiru? Sure. But even then, I think they'd do best without it.

Real Talk, though: This thing is f***ing nuts. Tramids and Koa'ki Meiru will worship this thing as their new god, and rightfully so. Discarding a Koa'ki to SS one more appropriate for the situation? Holy s***, that's good.

Yea just like Phantom Knights would "worship" goddess of whim due to her being part of the most tasteless jokes about xyz summoning ... jokes aside this card is not that amazing, considering you invest 2 cards for an useless piece of trash plus a monster on the same level as one you already have and considering it being good relies on one getting that stone guardian I am hardly impressive. All in all it is kind of decent, however not superior to that.

Archived