Acolight Archetype (11/11)

Atypical-Abbie

Acolight is an Archetype of Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT Level 3 Special Summon only monsters with 1000 ATK and DEF. They focus on Tokens and Xyz Summoning. Each monster can Special Summon itself and a Token based on it, which cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. Along with that, they gain an effect while you control that kind of Token, and also have an effect that benefits the Token, e.g. they cannot be destroyed by card effects. Lastly, they are destroyed if you don't control a Token. The name is a pun on "acolyte" with "light", hence their Attribute and their theme is based around religion and the themes typically associated with religion.

Main Deck Monsters:

Acolight of Peace
Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT
Level 3
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of an "Acolight" card. If you control no monsters, and your opponent controls a monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand and 1 "Peace Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1500/DEF 1500). That Token cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. While you control a "Peace Token", this card cannot be targeted for an attack. Tokens you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Unless you control a Token, destroy this card.
1000/1000

Acolight of Dreams
Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT
Level 3
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of an "Acolight" card. If you control no monsters, and your opponent controls a monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand and 1 "Dreams Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1500/DEF 1500). That Token cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. While you control a "Dreams Token", this card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, if a Token you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can add 1 "Acolight" card from your Deck to your hand. Unless you control a Token, destroy this card.
1000/1000

Acolight of Hope
Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT
Level 3
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of an "Acolight" card. If you control no monsters, and your opponent controls a monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand and 1 "Hope Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1500/DEF 1500). That Token cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. While you control a "Hope Token", the activation and effects of "Acolight" cards in your possession cannot be negated. Tokens you control gain 500 ATK and DEF for each "Acolight" monster you control. Unless you control a Token, destroy this card.
1000/1000

Acolight of Life
Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT
Level 3
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of an "Acolight" card. If you control no monsters, and your opponent controls a monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand and 1 "Life Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1500/DEF 1500). That Token cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. Once per turn, if you control a "Life Token": You can target 1 "Acolight" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it and 1 Token written in its text, but that target's effects are negated, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn, except "Acolight" monsters. That Token cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. Unless you control a Token, destroy this card.
1000/1000

Acolight of Trust
Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT
Level 3
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of an "Acolight" card. If you control no monsters, and your opponent controls a monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand and 1 "Trust Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1500/DEF 1500). That Token cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. If you control a "Trust Token", your opponent cannot target "Acolight" monsters with effects. Your opponent cannot target Tokens you control for attacks. Unless you control a Token, destroy this card.

1000/1000

Extra Deck Monsters:

Acolight of Love
Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Xyz 
Rank 3
2 Level 3 "Acolight" monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can Special Summon 2 "Love Tokens" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/2000 ATK/2000 DEF). Those Tokens cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. While you control 2 "Love Tokens", this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. If a Token(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effect, you can destroy this card instead. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; excavate the top 2 cards of your Deck, add 1 of them to your hand, also shuffle the rest into the Deck. Unless you control a Token, destroy this card.
1500/1500

Acolight of Faith
Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Xyz
Rank 4
3 Level 4 LIGHT monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 3 LIGHT Xyz Monster you control with no Xyz Materials, then using that Xyz Monster as the Xyz Material. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can Special Summon 2 "Faith Tokens" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/2000 ATK/2000 DEF). Those Tokens cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. While you control 2 "Faith Tokens", this card gains 1000 ATK and DEF and is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. If a Token you control battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate all your opponent's Spell/Trap effects this turn. Unless you control a Token, destroy this card.

1500/1500

Spell/Trap Cards:

Acolight Church
Field Spell Card
Once per turn: You can target 1 "Acolight" monster you control; shuffle it into the Deck, then Special Summon 1 "Acolight" monster with a different name from your Deck and 1 Token written in its text. That Token cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. All "Acolight" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF for each Token you control.

Acolight Prayer
Quick-Play Spell Card

Special Summon 1 "Acolight" monster from your hand and 1 Token written in its text. That Token cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. During your Draw Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.

Acolight Blasphemy

Normal Trap Card

Special Summon 2 "Blasphemy Tokens" (Fairy-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500) to your opponent's side of the field, then draw 1 card. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Acolight" card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

Acolight Alter
Continuous Trap Card

Once per turn: You can target 2 Tokens you control; destroy them, then Special Summon 1 "Acolight" monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard and 1 Token listed in its text. That Token cannot be Tributed or used as Synchro Material. You can treat "Acolight" monsters you control as Level 4 when Xyz Summoning a LIGHT Rank 4 Xyz Monster.

Very nice stuff !

Almost all the cards are individually and collectively well balanced.

I have still 2 things to add :

1 : You should 'homogenize' the names of your tokens. I know each card requires its OWN Token to use its effect, BUT since it's difficult to have 2 or more Acolight on the Field, and because they always come with their own Tokens (with their effects or the spells ones), it does not make a big difference. Plus, it would permit you to have a 3 Acolights + 2 Tokens Field with no problem using your effects. I must add that as it is right now, it seems a bit 'messy' to me...

Just something like "Acolyte Token" could work... well everything would work since it does not contain "Acolight", in fact...

2 : I have a problem with one of your cards : Acolight Blasphemy. Whereas it seems to be a -1 card, the 2 Tokens gift is a joke, and the card becomes easily some kind of +0,5 with no real 'cost' (and I'm not talking about what a cost refers to in the Yugioh TCG) appart from being a bit slow.

Finally, all your S/T cards are very strong, and maybe some of them should be less powerful, but in general, this is a great work you've done !

Very nice stuff !

Almost all the cards are individually and collectively well balanced.

I have still 2 things to add :

1 : You should 'homogenize' the names of your tokens. I know each card requires its OWN Token to use its effect, BUT since it's difficult to have 2 or more Acolight on the Field, and because they always come with their own Tokens (with their effects or the spells ones), it does not make a big difference. Plus, it would permit you to have a 3 Acolights + 2 Tokens Field with no problem using your effects. I must add that as it is right now, it seems a bit 'messy' to me...

Just something like "Acolyte Token" could work... well everything would work since it does not contain "Acolight", in fact...

2 : I have a problem with one of your cards : Acolight Blasphemy. Whereas it seems to be a -1 card, the 2 Tokens gift is a joke, and the card becomes easily some kind of +0,5 with no real 'cost' (and I'm not talking about what a cost refers to in the Yugioh TCG) appart from being a bit slow.

Finally, all your S/T cards are very strong, and maybe some of them should be less powerful, but in general, this is a great work you've done !

No, that's not how I want them to work, they are  going to stay with those names. And for the record, the acolytes are the monsters, not the Tokens.

Well yes, I can see it being powerful, we do have draw cards similar to that which do not give Tokens, while that is an effect that is suppose to be used with the Deck's playstyle, so it works well with them, other Decks may not wish to give these Tokens, so I don't think it's really a big issue.

Archived