Protector of the Grove

Cherz

Z2teRS4.jpg

Effect: If a Plant-type monster you control is sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard; Send 1 level 4 or lower Plant-type monster from your deck to your Graveyard and Special Summon a Plant-type monster from your hand with the same level. You can only use the effect(s) of "Protector of the Grove" once per turn.

So the point i to get some plant swarm happening. It is a support for plant decks. It can summon itself pretty easily, and it can set up some great plays by sending something like spore/glow-up/dandy to your grave and dropping something from your hand with a low level. It is also a tuner itself and can synch without a normal, which is pretty big. It is vulnerable to chain dis though. it can also work in other plant decks. Thoughts?

~Reps for reviews~

Change "When" for "If" on the first effect, otherwise it will miss timing (unless you wanted it that way)

Other than that the card it will serve its purpose of swarming, but it seems odd that its not a plant itself

Thanks for the fix, done.

It was made kinda like Snyfus. It is a beast card that supports them. It also allows Naturia Pineapple to float if you're using that in Plants because it is a beast type. 

I was gonna say i dont like how it doesnt make any hard plusses....

then i realised Spore and glow-up bulb exist and this card sends cards from deck to graveyard.

I really like the design of the card, the banish means you can't NS it turn 1 and immediately dump GUB for those hard plusses. Nice summoning effect on both parts aswell.

However, i feel like the level restriction is a little too much as it will want to send GUB and spore so then you'll only be able to summon 1's which isnt so good.

Nice card though, just need to think about how it interacts with it's main cooperators. ^^

It virtually has no cost, use Raigeki, banish Raigeki for this effect? nah it needs a little bit more than that for a cost.

It virtually has no cost, use Raigeki, banish Raigeki for this effect? nah it needs a little bit more than that for a cost.

Wait it says banish card. Im dumb. Yeah okay maybe make it banish a monster instead of just a card....

I like It. It being a Tuner that can Summon a non-Tuner on its own for a Synchro Summon is nice, and being able to mill cool plants such as the aforementioned Spore, Glow-Up Bulb, Dandylion, etc. is great for potential Synchro laddering. I like how Dandylion is playable through this card's effect with the assistance of Lonefire Blossom, since it is Level3.

As a Beast that supports Plants, it did remind me of Snyffus.

To be honest at first I thought it Summoned the Plant-Type monster from the Deck, which of course would have been much more stronger and fun, but Summoning from hand is still great, keeping it relatively fair by requiring a combo piece, so to speak, in addition to a monster in the grave to banish.

What else? Hmm... I guess Level1 is handy for searching it with One-for-One, Where Arf Though? (in conjunction with Glow-Up, Spore, heck even Copy Plant if you are feeling silly). I would mention Obedience Schooled, but it seems it wouldn't synergize well in a mostly-Plant deck.

Archived